NATS Concord Rangers 2 0 Dartford 526
NATS East Thurrock United 0 1 Eastbourne Borough 267
NATS Hemel Hempstead Town 0 0 Hungerford Town 489
NATS Oxford City 1 0 Torquay United 0
NATS Slough Town 2 1 Weston-super-Mare 651
NATS St Albans City 2 3 Hampton & Richmond Borough 585
NATS Truro City 1 2 Chippenham Town 159
NATS Welling United 0 3 Billericay Town 742

Thank you Dave! Club website was my first port of call, specifically the Chippenham match preview, but the salient piece of information appears to be missing unless I'm being daft.

Hoping to make my first visit to Plainmoor this evening, depending on traffic. It's 'only' 30-odd miles further from Hampshire for me than for anyone travelling from Truro!

2 hours ago, Burto said:

Thank you Dave! Club website was my first port of call, specifically the Chippenham match preview, but the salient piece of information appears to be missing unless I'm being daft.

Hoping to make my first visit to Plainmoor this evening, depending on traffic. It's 'only' 30-odd miles further from Hampshire for me than for anyone travelling from Truro!

I see what you mean. I can only find last season’s admission information on the website, which has it at £13.

I know for the opening game v Billericay the entrance was £15, I believe what Torquay charge! 

2 hours ago, hedgerow said:

No 17 seater mini buses available ?

No.

55 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I see what you mean. I can only find last season’s admission information on the website, which has it at £13.

I know for the opening game v Billericay the entrance was £15, I believe what Torquay charge! 

Nothing on the website.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I dont believe,that.

2 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Lost 2-1.Woeful performance,apparently.

Crowd 159.

Although some supporters who went,say there was less than that,there.

The wheels are well and truely, off

Where is that know all,these days.Whats his name,Golden something.

I’m assuming you guys are boycotting the home games?

I would have thought 159 was about right

Just got in the door after my first visit to Plainmoor. Enjoyed the experience more than I thought I would, despite the result. Perhaps the novelty factor played a part.

£15 is expensive though.

I thought the atmosphere was okay in the circumstances. There wasn't much to shout about in the first half. We were relegation poor. Looked like an out-of-shape pub side. Except when we were mouthing off at the referee - that seems to be the main priority for some of our players.

Much better in the second half. Higher tempo, more creativity and a bit of desire. We had Chippenham rocking for a while, but they refound their composure.

We missed a couple of good chances, but Woollacott kept us in the game with a string of good saves too.

I'd go for mediocre rather than woeful -  but then again Chippenham aren't the strongest team in the league and they were far the better team on the night...

Highlight of the night was seeing the blue plaque for Peter Cook outside the ground! Derek and Clive would have had some choice words to say about our performance...

Least you might get your big stadium to play in though ?

If I were a member of the cabinet, after seeing these figure's, combined with managers leaving I wouldn't touch the project with a 'barge poll'. Think it would of been a smoother path under Mr Henry ( & that would of been bumped ! )

What a farce this all is 

(Barge pole.)

1965, 15p (3 shillings) to see 1st division football with all the international players in the various teams (Moore, Greaves, Charlton, etc). Index-link that entry price to today - various websites for this, various ways of calculating it: find the equivalent price and double it to allow for the fact that back then, for 3 shillings, you stood whereas now for a top division game you have to sit, see how much it comes to and compare it to the entry price at Torquay in the SIXTH division.

The highest figure I can find for 2017 equivalent is £8.25!

Makes you think.

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

(Barge pole.)

1965, 15p (3 shillings) to see 1st division football with all the international players in the various teams (Moore, Greaves, Charlton, etc). Index-link that entry price to today - various websites for this, various ways of calculating it: find the equivalent price and double it to allow for the fact that back then, for 3 shillings, you stood whereas now for a top division game you have to sit, see how much it comes to and compare it to the entry price at Torquay in the SIXTH division.

The highest figure I can find for 2017 equivalent is £8.25!

Makes you think.

Around about then I used to watch Hereford United in the Southern League. I was 10 years old. Used to cost 6p in old money or 2 and a half in this modern stuff. Happy days, crammed into the ground, standing on old railway sleepers for the steps.

21 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

how many  of that crowd were  Torquay fans bored on a Tuesday night  ??   . must have been only a handful of truro support . 159 is terrible . parkway get that on a bad night 

I agree, but Parkway supporters don't have to do a 200 mile round trip to watch a game at Home. 

If the bad form continues Truro could be playing in an empty stadium, apart from the away fans

13 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’m assuming you guys are boycotting the home games?

I would have thought 159 was about right

And where did you hear that rubbish,from.

I am assuming,by "you guys" you mean TISA.

Can confirm to you,from a TISA Committee member,there has been nothing said about boycotting any games at Torquay.

I haven’t heard it from anyone.

Just wasn’t sure if I had not spotted you in the stand. I got there fairly early and was sitting in the Press seating row, and left after it had emptied and so wouldn’t really have seen how the 159 was made up.

To be honest I don’t know who is TISA and who isn’t, don’t particularly matter to me either, and so I’m aiming my question at all Truro City Football Club supporters who have travelled distances to watch them over the recent years.

There was about 15 max Chippenham supporters sitting in the away designated area and as for how the rest of the attendance was made up - I haven’t got a clue.

Perhaps there were a lot of possible new managers taking a look!

Have to admit to feeling very sad after the two games I’ve experienced at Plainmoor. Very nice tidy stadium, but one gets the feeling that having Truro there is a little bit of a nuisance.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I haven’t heard it from anyone.

Just wasn’t sure if I had not spotted you in the stand. I got there fairly early and was sitting in the Press seating row, and left after it had emptied and so wouldn’t really have seen how the 159 was made up.

To be honest I don’t know who is TISA and who isn’t, don’t particularly matter to me either, and so I’m aiming my question at all Truro City Football Club supporters who have travelled distances to watch them over the recent years.

There was about 15 max Chippenham supporters sitting in the away designated area and as for how the rest of the attendance was made up - I haven’t got a clue.

Perhaps there were a lot of possible new managers taking a look!

Have to admit to feeling very sad after the two games I’ve experienced at Plainmoor. Very nice tidy stadium, but one gets the feeling that having Truro there is a little bit of a nuisance.

You answered my post, about the result,last night.

And posted "you guys",aimed at me.

You know Im TISA.

So I believe your comments,were aimed at me and TISA.

Of course,Im sure you will deny it.

Dont worry,its water off the ducks back.TISA are used to the mud slinging.

8 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

You always think you’re being picked on when in fact it was a harmless question! But never mind.

To be honest I don’t blame anyone not going after the two performances plus the distance and the increased admission price!

For your information,there were TISA members at Torquay for the first game.

I dont think,there was any there last night,because no subsidised travel is available,midweek.

We dont get picked on.We get accused of everything,that goes wrong.

Of course it was a harmless question,they all are.Its what you and your kind do.They call it journalism.

Not since the Vase hedgerow - we had three more promotions after that!

No it’s when the money ran out and then it turned out that somehow the ground was no longer owned by the club’s trustees!

There’s many a supporter out there not knowing quite what to expect next! 

During this period away from Truro  it’s critical the supporters are kept onboard.

9 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Whatever.

Im just getting fed up of all the little sly digs at TISA.

When in fact,there are other people doing real damage to Truro City.

I’m struggling to see where there is any dog at TISA in any of Daves posts. It seems as though you are looking for an argument!

Dave may have been previously referring to your ‘self imposed’ absence from home matches for a while.

The club is a laughing stock at the moment and is further distancing itself from the community. Unfortunately the chairman is under no obligation to set out its long term plans.

I’m not sure if the club would be covered under FSF and Amanda Jacks (I think she’s called that) but I would be onto them asking for answers from the club. 

I am starting to feel slightly sympathetic to the present day Truro City, put into a situation that, at the moment seems a dead end.

The previous owner turned them on their heads, Mr Masters and Mr Perryman have actually done a good job keeping the club's head above water. Unfortunately in most matters they have had no choice in the way the club can go.  

That’s my fear too Dave, even if the new ground gets built whenever I’m not sure Truro City will still be around to play in it. This season is going to cost someone a small fortune to keep going. 

Me and my lad went on the bus for the first game and enjoyed the experience of a decent ground if not our football. And with so many new players and being so far away have lost some of the affiliation to the club. We will not be going back any time soon due to the time taken and entertainment on offer.

Also heard the away fans have no refreshment at their end which I thought was awful, blazing hot day and no drink, in the winter freezing and no hot drink or food, I doubt they are aware of this before going in but are charged the same, pretty poor show?

I do have some sympathy with owners as they did save the club, the so called trustees are the ones who should be in the dock whoever they were. They failed in their duty and sold the club down the river...literally ? This mess lies solely at their feet.

I have just written a piece for my FB page so I thought I might as well throw in my threepennyworth on this forum. 

I am slowly coming to terms with filming Truro City home matches in Torquay rather than Truro. What used to be a 5 minute drive is now over 2 hours. But it has its plusses:

1) A professional ground, and obstruction-free outlooks to the whole of the pitch. It is a world away from Treyew Rd and I get the same feelings and thoughts that I had when I filmed the FA County Youth Final at Barnet FC a couple of years ago. "If only Cornwall had something like this."

2) Working at a club with a fascinating history: Peter Cook, Frank O'Farrell, Bruce Rioch, Cyrille Knowles, John Bond, Colin Lee, as well as former Southampton player Lew Chatterley. I saw the blue plaque in honour of the great comedian on my first visit and the photographic Hall of Fame in the club house, last Tuesday. It really is impressive.

I'm a pint glass half full man and always try to look for the silver linings. So if we have to endure this "pain" for the "gain" of a new Stadium for Cornwall in a year or two's time, it has got to be worth it. Hasn't it?

One thing I have noticed talking to the Torquay folk is that virtually everyone expects to be paid. No freebies. Normally I could request a match day photo from Colin for my YouTube thumbnail, but you should have seen the look and stick I got from the photographer working for Pinnacle when I asked the question.

I personally like the day out, the buzz surrounding the filming and getting to know my fellow travellers. I fully appreciate that not everyone is able to attend or on board with the idea, so I hope that all Truro City Supporters will value my contribution that will keep them in the loop. My philosophy is that it is better to be at the heart of the action than on the sidelines or pulling a few weeds at the allotment.

I'm looking forward to working with a new commentator for the next three games and experimenting with You Tube Live and see what emerges after that. Now that I am not teaching any more it is relatively easy to give my time to what what much of my life has always been about - the beautiful game of football. And yes, I'll be even happier when we've got some home points on the board.

2 hours ago, Magpie291 said:

No, because I don't live in Cornwall at present. What was he on about this time?

I only listened to a bit of it tbh but masters said the shelf life of any Truro manager should only be two years!! Went on to talk about hodges leaving and got asked is the club in Crisis etc....