Cornwall Football Forum

Aubrey Wilkes is "Coming Home" -Town 2--City 1

11 minutes ago, Quiet Man said:

Was Big Al there? 

Nah ! Too hot ! Too cloudy ! Too crowded ! Too far to walk! Too dear to get in ! Teas to strong ! Sell the wrong pasties.And been proved wrong again .

5 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

No I was not prepared to stumble over all the rubbish around the entrance way !

About 500 others managed it without incident !

17 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Nah ! Too hot ! Too cloudy ! Too crowded ! Too far to walk! Too dear to get in ! Teas to strong ! Sell the wrong pasties.And been proved wrong again .

About 500 others managed it without incident !

Luck must have been with them !

Having watched 90% of Falmouth town games over the last year today’s match confirmed to me that JAMES WARD would walk in to that Truro city side,so much better than truro’s Centre half’s and fitter! Great win for Falmouth even without tom and Jordan annear !

25 minutes ago, Ashton11 said:

Having watched 90% of Falmouth town games over the last year today’s match confirmed to me that JAMES WARD would walk in to that Truro city side,so much better than truro’s Centre half’s and fitter! Great win for Falmouth even without tom and Jordan annear !

SSSHHHH!!!!

All roads lead to Bickland Park!!  There's only one team in Cornwall!

Up the town!

37 minutes ago, Ashton11 said:

Wasn't he with Truro and released before joining Falmouth

42 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

Falmouth played extremely well today. Deserved winners on the day. Truro didn't go into the bar after the game. Lovely sporting team truro are...... big al didn't attend the game today I hear because he had to stay home and grow up!!

Mr masters not available to present the trophy either ? 

2 hours ago, Ashton11 said:

Agree.. him and joe cooper are building some partnership.. 

1 hour ago, Themanhimself said:

Falmouth played extremely well today. Deserved winners on the day. Truro didn't go into the bar after the game. Lovely sporting team truro are...... big al didn't attend the game today I hear because he had to stay home and grow up!!

I am not intending to attend a football match and face a slanging match from club members. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and opinions upset people !

8 minutes ago, Themanhimself said:

The chairman knows who you are big al. He is willing to meet you any where any place any time and discuss everything to do with Falmouth town with you. A place of your choosing........

Come on Alan ! Take up this offer .life is too short .your missing the resurgence of Falmouth Town .Like the murphys dont be bitter ! And dont just follow on twitter .?

Went down to Eve parc to watch this , poor, poor game, made poor by Truro's performance.

Truro able to keep the ball for long periods, but nothing came of it, square or back passing was all they seemed capable of, no threat going forward.... hardly at all !!!

Falmouth although not having a lot of ball looked very capable going forward and defending, the game only coming to life when Falmouth had the ball and actually playing it forward giving the forwards half a chance, and putting some life into an awful game.

Falmouth for me deserved winners, and could have been by a bigger margin, Truro have a lot to do with that team ....hard season ahead for them.

Congratulations to "Westy" in order after the birth of his daughter I believe......well done on both counts.

3 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Went down to Eve parc to watch this , poor, poor game, made poor by Truro's performance.

Truro able to keep the ball for long periods, but nothing came of it, square or back passing was all they seemed capable of, no threat going forward.... hardly at all !!!

Falmouth although not having a lot of ball looked very capable going forward and defending, the game only coming to life when Falmouth had the ball and actually playing it forward giving the forwards half a chance, and putting some life into an awful game.

Falmouth for me deserved winners, and could have been by a bigger margin, Truro have a lot to do with that team ....hard season ahead for them.

Congratulations to "Westy" in order after the birth of his daughter I believe......well done on both counts.

Come on older.poor poor game ! you were obviously  watching a different game . You were at eve parc on a building site when everyone else was at bickland park across the road watching your old boys more than matching a team from 4 steps higher up the pyramid. Pride passion and team spirit is what won the day my friend .Awfull game ! Yes if you were a truro supporter it would have been because they weren't  allowed to play .westys management teams tactics were spot on .Anyway thought you were going to be watching your carpen or is it pencar lads for £1.

PS well done to jack bowyer and martin duff on your home debuts. Welcome to falmouth town .the futures bright ,the futures black and amber !!!

11 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Come on older.poor poor game ! you were obviously  watching a different game . You were at eve parc on a building site when everyone else was at bickland park across the road watching your old boys more than matching a team from 4 steps higher up the pyramid. Pride passion and team spirit is what won the day my friend .Awfull game ! Yes if you were a truro supporter it would have been because they weren't  allowed to play .westys management teams tactics were spot on .Anyway thought you were going to be watching your carpen or is it pencar lads for £1.

PS well done to jack bowyer and martin duff on your home debuts. Welcome to falmouth town .the futures bright ,the futures black and amber !!!

Our game was cancelled ....couldn't raise a team !!!!

For the neutral ...that was a poor game, Truro keeping the ball for long periods and doing absolutely nothing with it.

I was not the only one who thought it was a poor affair, a couple of us wish we had brought a couple of recliners so we could have a kip for a while, or at least when Truro had the ball.

For a town supporter, that would have been OK to watch I'm guessing, certainly for me it was only worth watching when Falmouth had the ball, and played a lot more directly than Truro.

And yes, 5 old boys on the pitch at one stage, and doing well, but they are yours now, and doing well, my turn for a bit of ribbing now .....c,mon ...lets have it - I like Carpen....lol

2 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Our game was cancelled ....couldn't raise a team !!!!

For the neutral ...that was a poor game, Truro keeping the ball for long periods and doing absolutely nothing with it.

I was not the only one who thought it was a poor affair, a couple of us wish we had brought a couple of recliners so we could have a kip for a while, or at least when Truro had the ball.

For a town supporter, that would have been OK to watch I'm guessing, certainly for me it was only worth watching when Falmouth had the ball, and played a lot more directly than Truro.

And yes, 5 old boys on the pitch at one stage, and doing well, but they are yours now, and doing well, my turn for a bit of ribbing now .....c,mon ...lets have it - I like Carpen....lol

Shame i didnt see you dave would have introduced you to ravon .now that would have livened things up .?

14 hours ago, Themanhimself said:

With comments such as that is it little wonder that Truro did not go into the bar.I would rather stay at home than be in the presence of sarcastic and miserable people.

12 hours ago, hedgerow said:

Seems like this guy call 'Big Al' talks the talk but nothing else. Yes, people are entitled to their opinions, but in your case it's all about you, and it's your opinion that counts. That's my opinion. 

And it also seems that your opinion counts just as much !

Seems to me this thread is more about Big Al than than the actual match and surprised no one has mentioned the handbags incident after the Town second goal, nice to see a bit of Summo wrestling on a football pitch. For anyone interested I have put my unbiased opinion on the Vanarama National League South Forum. :c:

6 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Seems to me this thread is more about Big Al than than the actual match and surprised no one has mentioned the handbags incident after the Town second goal, nice to see a bit of Summo wrestling on a football pitch. For anyone interested I have put my unbiased opinion on the Vanarama National League South Forum. :c:

This sounds interesting.

1 hour ago, Mike Odgers said:

Can anyone give an estimated attendance figure please?

About 350+ Mike. Noticed a lot from Falmouth that wouldn’t normally come aswell which is encouraging (except Big AL) and a few Penryn and Helston boys etc.. Didnt really think Truro had a lot there but that’s based on only a few wearing Truro shirts and a few behind the goal. I’m sure if you are Truro then you would recognise fellow Truro supporters there in plain clothes so probably more .

After talking to some of their supporters it was interesting to hear that their chairman does not attend any away games ?! And that a few said they would venture down to Falmouth this season rather than Truro. Truro seems too polictial for me which is a shame. 

Thanks Ray, that  sounds about right talking to others.

No I didn't get to Bickland yesterday but next week I pick up a new car with hoist and mobility scooter adaption which will get me back on track.

Another chapter for Truro loomiing Ray, but you have been through the ups and downs in the last decade of The Truro journey and I am sure you can cope with any obstacle thrown at you.

All the best mate -I will be following the Truro saga with interest,

38 minutes ago, Mark Jones said:

About 350+ Mike. Noticed a lot from Falmouth that wouldn’t normally come aswell which is encouraging (except Big AL) and a few Penryn and Helston boys etc.. Didnt really think Truro had a lot there but that’s based on only a few wearing Truro shirts and a few behind the goal. I’m sure if you are Truro then you would recognise fellow Truro supporters there in plain clothes so probably more .

After talking to some of their supporters it was interesting to hear that their chairman does not attend any away games ?! And that a few said they would venture down to Falmouth this season rather than Truro. Truro seems too polictial for me which is a shame. 

The chairman doesnt attend away games ! Good god ! kevin heaney attended last time we won it at bickland and even presented us with the trophy .

2 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

They will venture down I am sure, Truro City playing Home games at Torquay next season so they will have no 'Home'  games to watch in Truro ??