Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - fixtures for Friday & Saturday, Feb 24 & 25 2017

Please feel free to post your result, post-match report, thoughts and comments

Friday February 24

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

DIVISION ONE (EAST)

Totnes & Dartington  1-1  Liverton United (7.30 pm) (at Devon FA HQ, Coach Road, Newton Abbot)

CARLSBERG SOUTH WEST PENINSULA LEAGUE

WALTER C PARSON FUNERAL DIRECTORS CUP

Quarter-Final

St Austell

Crediton United

Premier Division

Callington Town

Bodmin Town

Godolphin Atlantic

Exmouth Town

Ivybridge Town

Cullompton Rangers

Launceston

Helston Athletic

Newquay

Tiverton Town Reserves

Plymouth Parkway

P

Falmouth Town

P

Tavistock

Saltash United

Torpoint Athletic

A

Witheridge

A

Game abandoned at 0-0 on 28 minutes                                                  due to injury and wait for ambulance

Division One (East)

Bovey Tracey

Budleigh Salterton

Exwick Villa

Appledore

Newton Abbot Spurs

Torridgeside

St Martins

Sidmouth Town

Stoke Gabriel

Alphington

Teignmouth

Galmpton United

University of Exeter

Brixham

Division One (West)

Bude Town

St Dennis

Dobwalls

Millbrook

Elburton Villa

Mousehole

Holsworthy

Sticker

Penryn Athletic

Vospers Oak Villa

Plymouth Marjon

Penzance

Porthleven

Wadebridge Town

Wendron United

Plymstock United

Parkway v Falmouth off because:---

Home  Forums  Postponement News  Saturday 25th Feb : Parkway v Falmouth : OFF

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Phil Hiscox Phil Hiscox 22 minutes ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Phil Hiscox
    Phil Hiscox
    Keymaster
    • Topics Started: 740
    • Replies 1302
    • Total Posts 2042

Please note that I have sanctioned the early postponement of the Plymouth Parkway v Falmouth Town match which was scheduled for tomorrow – Saturday 25th February.

The reason for the match being off is that on Tuesday a group of “travellers” moved onto the car park and despite efforts to have them moved on they are still in situ

This has caused concern about dog mess, waste, anti social behaviour and security and as such we cannot allow the game to go ahead

Parkway are away next week so hopefully by the time of the next home match this situation will have been resolved

Very sad to have to stop peoples enjoyment because of this type of incident !

Regards

Phil H

On 23/02/2017 at 10:56, paul pearce said:

Any of you more educated members agree with me. That if Saltash don't lose on Saturday, the league is theirs

Unless it's mathematically impossible for them to be caught, then no.

4 minutes ago, 110% Cornish said:

Newquay 0-0 Tiverton Res

Cracking performance from Newquay, a few more like this and town could stay up!

Conceding well over 100 goals I don't think so 110%Cornish. Your heading to Wendron & Bude next season I'm afraid. A great shame for a proud & historic cornish football club with so much tradition

Best wishes to Dave, hope for a very speedy recovery

26 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Ahh leeds, let 100% have his hopes after what he saw today. Newquay are striving to survive, don't knock em back.

No your right Keith, I was a tad harsh, their 6th point out of a possible 75, & their neighbours had a drubbing, let the Newquay faithful have their day in the sunshine :yahoo:

1 hour ago, 110% Cornish said:

Newquay 0-0 Tiverton Res

Cracking performance from Newquay, a few more like this and town could stay up!

1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Ahh leeds, let 100% have his hopes after what he saw today. Newquay are striving to survive, don't knock em back.

I knew that this would happen when the long established G supporter 100% Cornish gets joined on the forum by some "Johnny come lately" Newquay supporter calling him or her-self 110% Cornish. Mean or what?

2 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I knew that this would happen when the long established G supporter 100% Cornish gets joined on the forum by some "Johnny come lately" Newquay supporter calling him or her-self 110% Cornish. Mean or what?

Godolphin have had many a good results this season, Newquay have one average result today first in months & they start mocking the Godolphin supporters, I know which club  will be happier come end of the season?! :yahoo:

Anyway, we had a very tough test as always at Callington today but we passed the examination, scoreline flattering the home side a little but made it tough for us at times

Good result for Newquay today even without to to lads in the county youth team. Looking at the league table they have 4 games in hand on the teams around them and could put them only 3 points away from the religation place. Taking into account they still have the teams around them to play I don't think you should write them off Leeds. Maybe after today's result they could cause a senior cup semi final upset. Well let's hope so anyway

Godfather - you are right not to write Newqay off as they have games in hand; however if you look at the bottom of the table as it would stand, if all the teams won their games in hand (so all played 33 games winning those games between what they have played and 33). All the teams having similar run ins to the end of season  

Pld       Pts

Camelford       33       45

Helston           33       40

Witheridge      33       33

Newquay.       33        30 

Ivybridge        33        29

Callington       33       25

St Blazey.       33       17

You'd have to say St Blazey are gone and the second team down is between Callington / Newquay and Ivybridge??

Any views on who will be relegated???

Was at Tavistock v Saltash, well done to Tavi on the win.

The way I saw it was looking back now was that Tavi scored at crucial moments - early, right on half time and not long after. Saltash were in the game were after conceding early bringing it back to 1-1, was thinking see if through to half time but unfortunately conceded pretty much on half time. This wasn't the end of the world as there was no reason why a second equaliser wouldn't come, conceding the third not long after half time gave Tavi a cushion though that they never lost.

If these are going to be the league's top two then it's almost better to get this game out of the way now for me as a fan of one of the sides involved and let the fixtures now work themselves out to identify the winner of the league rather than have a "one off," match that decides it later in the season.

6 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Godfather - you are right not to write Newqay off as they have games in hand; however if you look at the bottom of the table as it would stand, if all the teams won their games in hand (so all played 33 games winning those games between what they have played and 33). All the teams having similar run ins to the end of season  

Pld       Pts

Camelford       33       45

Helston           33       40

Witheridge      33       33

Newquay.       33        30 

Ivybridge        33        29

Callington       33       25

St Blazey.       33       17

You'd have to say St Blazey are gone and the second team down is between Callington / Newquay and Ivybridge??

Any views on who will be relegated???

The likelihood of them winning All their games in hand! Newquay & St.Blazey are a million miles off the rest of the sides in the division, both conceding well over 100 goals, & only collecting 5 & 6 points respectively from over 26 games is terrible at any level. I don't think its fair Newquay support to come on here & mock 100%Cornish after he went & watched Godolphin defeat yesterday & Newquay try & imply that after 1 point yesterday they are on the same perch as their neighbours when the league suggests they are 16 points from safety with 10 games to go 

36 minutes ago, godfather said:

Look again leeds. Newquay have 13 games left I believe. 39 points to play for

Correct. Well spotted godfather, but if only accumulated 6 points (equivalent of 2 wins) in 26 matches & shipped over 100 goals can you see them going on to win 13 consecutive :wacko: Would need to win 5 games & hope teams above all lose 5. Nice thought though but fate sealed. Believe the mocking of Godolphin yesterday was a little short sighted!

12 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Godolphin have had many a good results this season, Newquay have one average result today first in months & they start mocking the Godolphin supporters, I know which club  will be happier come end of the season?! :yahoo:

Anyway, we had a very tough test as always at Callington today but we passed the examination, scoreline flattering the home side a little but made it tough for us at times

It could have been different if we didn't have a perfectly good goal disallowed at 0-0!

7 hours ago, middle mans mate said:

It could have been different if we didn't have a perfectly good goal disallowed at 0-0!

I didn't see this incident, as I was too busy yapping at the other end of the ground, but several Town supporters said that they couldn't see why the "goal" was disallowed.

In fairness this was a fairly isolated Callington attack in a half that Bodmin controlled, but wasteful finishing and one top class save from Sam Borthwick kept the score 0-0 at half time, and up to the hour mark. The introduction of Bodmin sub Dan Jennings made a difference, two good finishes just after the hour - he's always impressed me as a sharp finisher.

Bodmin made a double substitution taking off the creative influence of Dan Sullivan, and it so very nearly backfired for them towards the end of the game. Kelvin Fyneboy ploughed through the Bodmin defence to score with 3 minutes of normal time remaining, and Callington then had a decent penalty shout when substitute Carlton Farnham was about to receive and control the ball, and was rather recklessly shoved in the back. As the rain swept in, Bodmin retreated too much into defence , and  another Callington sub playing on the right beat his full back, and pulled the ball dangerously across goal which just evaded onrushing forwards.

Based on possession, and chances created there is no doubt that a win for Bodmin was the right result however.

What I didn't understand was why the referee had to book one player from both sides fairly early in the first half, both for their first fouls of the game, neither of which could be considered dangerous, reckless or out of control - ridiculous !!

Is there any news on the situation with Dave Smith of Torpoint who had his leg broken on the weekend as a result of a nasty tackle?  Never nice to see.  What happens to the player who got a red card as a result of the tackle (and deservedly so)?  As the game was abandoned, does that mean the red card still stands?  I hope so!

4 hours ago, secretscout said:

Is there any news on the situation with Dave Smith of Torpoint who had his leg broken on the weekend as a result of a nasty tackle?  Never nice to see.  What happens to the player who got a red card as a result of the tackle (and deservedly so)?  As the game was abandoned, does that mean the red card still stands?  I hope so!

The red card will still stand.