Cornwall Football Forum

weds night football

Unfortunately, teams in the extreme west of the of the League also have to play a certain number of midweek games as there are not enough Saturdays in the season to fit in all League & Cup fixtures. Obviously, travelling the length of Cornwall during "going home from work time" is not ideal and severely limits the opportunity for Penzance to host Friday evening fixtures - but it's something we have to live with!

The officials of this league, being based in Exeter have no common sense concerning fixtures and this has been the case sinceits formation. Every decision has always fgavoured Devon clubs and I doubt whether they have ever themselves travelled to a cornish football ground. Coincidentally the top 7 or 8 clubs are 95% cornish - how stange !

Ouch. I can assure you that Phil, Mark & Nigel? attend many matches every week. Have a look on the forum of the league website and you will see a section for "Reports from our Roving Reporters". Never easy keeping everyone happy with cup games, postponements etc.

Not sure where your 95% comes from. The top 10 in the Prem are 5 Cornish teams and 5 Devon teams unless you believe that the Peninsular league is predominatly populated by Cornish based players. Don't think so.

You obviously don't watch many SWPL games Big Al or you would be aware of the presence of the League Officials at numerous games in Cornwall. I know for a fact that the Chairman, Secretary & Treasurer will visit every ground in all three divisions at least once per season; two of them are travelling to Penzance for tonight's game!

Ouch. I can assure you that Phil, Mark & Nigel? attend many matches every week. Have a look on the forum of the league website and you will see a section for "Reports from our Roving Reporters". Never easy keeping everyone happy with cup games, postponements etc.

Not sure where your 95% comes from. The top 10 in the Prem are 5 Cornish teams and 5 Devon teams unless you believe that the Peninsular league is predominatly populated by Cornish based players. Don't think so.

But some people never let the facts get in the way of a good moan.

The officials of this league, being based in Exeter have no common sense concerning fixtures and this has been the case sinceits formation. Every decision has always fgavoured Devon clubs and I doubt whether they have ever themselves travelled to a cornish football ground. Coincidentally the top 7 or 8 clubs are 95% cornish - how stange !

Big AL talking rubbish again...... YOU can always volunteer to do next seasons fixture list. Or travel with the league officials to find out what they do during the season!!

does it matter when most players in the league are plymouth based anyway ? so travel almost every game .

But those plymouth based players who play for the likes of blazey, Newquay, Bodmin etc. choose to travel there, so should expect to travel mid week. But the lads who want to stay local to Plymouth don't expect to have to leave work two hours early to drive to Penzance/falmouth/witheridge etc midweek

Obviously you are another internet troll who blames everything on the league officials with no substance. If you actually attended SWPL games on a regular basis you would know that the leagues officials visit EVERY ground at least once a season and I recommend you research your statement's in future as after checking the league table for confirmation to an answer I already knew the top 8 is split equal between Devon & Cornwall in fact the top ten is because believe it or not Plymouth Parkway, Tavistock, Elburton Villa, Ivyybridge Town & Witheridge are all in DEVON and come under the control of the Devon FA. :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Nigel was at Newquay v Falmouth on Saturday, had a nice chat with him. I have also seen Mark Hayman at Mousehole v Newquay in the past and at least 2 of Phil,Mark & Nigel were at the midweek Falmouth v Newquay match this season. I may knock the SWPL top men at times, but they are always on the road and always happy to chat with you.

Anyway, back to PZ v Torpoint, Dan Blazey must have the slowest car going if it takes 2 hours for that trip. It is likely that not too many players would have to travel from Torpoint, most would be Plymouth based, a slightly quicker and easier journey 1hr 40mins at most even in my 1.6 litre. Either we want Step 6 SWPL with the FA Vase & FA Cup entry that it allows (if The FA don't change the rules again), in which case 75miles midweek is about the max. Or you can drop to Step 7 where most grounds have no lights so no worries about midweek games, poor facilities and a poor standard of football outside the top 3 clubs.

How does one recognise them, do they carry placards ?

Once again a nonsensical comment because with this being the 6th year of the SWPL pretty much everyone who regularly attends SWPL matches not only know what the leagues officials look like but would of more or likely had a conversation with them.

Seeing as you don't seem to know who they are may I suggest you visit the leagues official website where you will find their photographs.

:SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

How does one recognise them, do they carry placards ?

Once again a nonsensical comment because with this being the 6th year of the SWPL pretty much everyone who regularly attends SWPL matches not only know what the leagues officials look like but would of more or likely had a conversation with them.

Seeing as you don't seem to know who they are may I suggest you visit the leagues official website where you will their photographs.

:SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

I don't think "big al" could find the league website.

God we have misserable old gits on here!!

1. If you dont like travelling.....dont travel.

2. If you dont like playing football at these venues.....dont play at this level.

3. If your scared of the dark....get a torch.

4. If you keep moaning....get a life.

Happy days!!! :thumbsup:

You boys think you got problems, back in october i attended a tuesday night game truro city away to staines town & got to bed at 4am' the following tuesday we were away to farnborough getting back at 3.30am & still got out at 8am for work. I must be mad.

. . . . :c: There is a difference 'Rayvon' :c:

:yahoo: YOU don't need to use a Sat Nav :yahoo:

You boys think you got problems, back in october i attended a tuesday night game truro city away to staines town & got to bed at 4am' the following tuesday we were away to farnborough getting back at 3.30am & still got out at 8am for work. I must be mad.

Just follow the other sheep !

Just follow the other sheep !

Very good, LOL

I still struggle to understand why the league secretary appoints fixtures for penzance and other deep areas of cornwall to be playing in devon on a mid-week and vice versa. Surely these fixtures should be played on a saturday and local-ish games can be fixtured for the mid-week clashes and gain a bit more money for the clubs, fans are more likely to watch local mid week games!! Confuses me!!

Beaker that's rather disrespectful towards Penzance. He clearly stated 'Well done, a step in the right direction', not 'well done that's fantastic', it's improving and your comment is very distasteful. Why would you want to make a comment like that? #growup

celebrating a nil nil and lots of well dones is very patronising