Torpoint Athletic P-P Witheridge

WALTER C PARSON CUP QUARTER FINAL

Tavistock P-P Bodmin Town

(now to try again on 14th at Bodmin)

Friday 2nd February

PREMIER DIVISION

Plymouth Argyle 1-1 Camelford

7 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

Newquay started like a house on fire and could easily have got a couple early goals. However from then on it was almost like a training game for Parkway. 3 well worked goals and, as Leeds said, played keep ball for most of the second half. Good run out for some fringe players too

I thought a few of the fringe players had a run out, my eyes are nowhere as good as they used to be, especially under the floodlights but at one stage I didn't recognize 3 Parkway players & was then told they were lads that don't usually get a run out. Heard someone ( had a club tie on) say Newquay have won 1 league game in the last 12 matches, like he said lucky they started the season well! Still one of my favourite grounds Mt.Wise

1 hour ago, Sticker Forever said:

Yeah Leeds forgot to mention that!!!  ?

They did in the first 12 minutes but after that as 'gingerninja' stated it was all very relaxed & made easy from Parkway ( they kept the ball possession at one stage for nearly 10 minutes! ) 

As for you Sticker Forever....good luck in your relegation battle :thumbsup:

Without being patronising , thought Newquay kept going till the end and put in many feisty challenges. As above , we could have let 2 in early doors.   One question ................  No pasties available ?   Think the Parkway travelling army were a bit unhappy with that . Only Chips or Cheesey chips on the menu .

Before the thread becomes totally about pasties (Stickers are very good, if a little small but cheap) - this was a training match for Parkway - every team they play (especially lower half) has to come out firing, otherwise the game is over before it starts. Newquay s early season was, I think, a bit misleading - massive improvement  on last season but they still lack depth and if not starting 11 are there for the top teams - absolutely no disrespect meant. 

Nice to see some of the bench start - the lad CJ would start upfront in any other team in the league - but is strangely happy to sit on the bench, presumably as a prelude to Western Prem next season

47 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Before the thread becomes totally about pasties (Stickers are very good, if a little small but cheap) - this was a training match for Parkway - every team they play (especially lower half) has to come out firing, otherwise the game is over before it starts. Newquay s early season was, I think, a bit misleading - massive improvement  on last season but they still lack depth and if not starting 11 are there for the top teams - absolutely no disrespect meant. 

Nice to see some of the bench start - the lad CJ would start upfront in any other team in the league - but is strangely happy to sit on the bench, presumably as a prelude to Western Prem next season

Strangely happy to sit on the bench?? PPFC has a squad...players know the part they all play. Charlie came on in the last game against Torpoint and grabbed 2 goals. Last night Lee started with 2 up front and Charlie started. Every single member of the squad has played a part this season. 

Back in the good old days of the SWL Chris Morris's family used to own some butchers shops that made some lush pasties, had a place up St Columb as I remember as well. Shame to see a big club struggling at the moment, have some good memories of Mount Wise but as they say what goes around comes around. Don't miss those gale force winds coming off the Atlantic though. Just wondering being a Wendesdayite is Chris Morris's Wednesday shirt still on show in the clubhouse? Finally regards to Nemesis former secretary of the Kevin Heaney fan club, hope you are well my friend. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

I am glad you said this & not me! You to saw the same game through my eyes & came to the same conclusion.... yet I am always called critical of Newquay!! Not that I really care but just a observation :thumbsup:

48 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Me lol.

Ah :thumbsup: Take an extra coat when you go.

33 minutes ago, Rayvon said:

Back in the good old days of the SWL Chris Morris's family used to own some butchers shops that made some lush pasties, had a place up St Columb as I remember as well. Shame to see a big club struggling at the moment, have some good memories of Mount Wise but as they say what goes around comes around. Don't miss those gale force winds coming off the Atlantic though. Just wondering being a Wendesdayite is Chris Morris's Wednesday shirt still on show in the clubhouse? Finally regards to Nemesis former secretary of the Kevin Heaney fan club, hope you are well my friend. :thumbsup:

Chris Morris's sister used to work in the same shop as me in the summer in Newquay.Had many a freebie pasty brought in.

1 hour ago, El Nino said:

El Niño - I know Parkway have a squad and will use them to suit the managers needs - only mentioned Charlie as I think he is a cracking striker (have seen him since he was u11/12 at Torquay academy) - most teams in the Prem would start him every game - but the strength PPFC have in depth means he will for the foreseeable future only start very occasionally or as injury cover - great for Parkway. but perhaps not great developmentally for him - just a personal view?

Leeds I have always tried to give a balanced view - I think Newquay have improved dramatically and are on the right path, especially with building from new - just their early form led a few to think that they had already ‘got there’ - they will but not just yet - perhaps some times your comments about Newquay have been a little more pointed than that?? 

32 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

El Niño - I know Parkway have a squad and will use them to suit the managers needs - only mentioned Charlie as I think he is a cracking striker (have seen him since he was u11/12 at Torquay academy) - most teams in the Prem would start him every game - but the strength PPFC have in depth means he will for the foreseeable future only start very occasionally or as injury cover - great for Parkway. but perhaps not great developmentally for him - just a personal view?

Leeds I have always tried to give a balanced view - I think Newquay have improved dramatically and are on the right path, especially with building from new - just their early form led a few to think that they had already ‘got there’ - they will but not just yet - perhaps some times your comments about Newquay have been a little more pointed than that?? 

Possibly, or just honest views & people don't like reality sometimes...

Leeds you only go on about newquay fact!! We had a good start but never got carried away Macca is doing a great job and the target this season was to do better than last which we are......last night was always going to be hard against the Man City of our league but the lads never gave in and think we can hold our heads up high!! Loved playing/ marking my old mate last night always like playing against the best and you don’t get much better! (Even if I can hardly walk today lol) bring on Saturday ?⚽️

19 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Funny old world ...I thought people went football to watch a game  - not eat !!!

If you want to eat - go to a restaurant.... a few chips are good enough for anyone.

When you leave Plymouth before 6 for a game and not getting back til after 10.30, some half decent substantial food would be nice to have on offer. If not, when are you gonna fit an evening meal in around work? We aren't talking about 3 course a La carte menu here, just a pasty, or burger with some chips would do. Most other grounds seem to offer this..... 

3 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Lighten up Older you grumpy so and so. Just a bit of fun. 

Lol...it was meant to be slightly light hearted...with a grain of reality.

I do the cooking at our club ...mostly, what people expect sometimes is beyond a Michelin chef, and portions you can't see over the top of.

Sorry, in my world you get a snack sort of, if you want filling up - go home.

OR ....I'll cook a roast for the right bucks. About £8/9 around here.

All of course in the best possible taste :c:

10 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

On the subject of food - the pasty I had at Torpoint was absolutely disgusting. Aren't Pasties supposed to be a Cornish speciality?

There you go...Torpoint - only JUST in Cornwall.