Cornwall Football Forum

Gerald Sobey RIP

Dave Deacon

Told of some sad news yesterday that Gerald Sobey died Friday. He was 93.

Gerald was involved with several leagues including at one time being the referees’ appointments officer. He was also a vice-president of the Cornwall County FA.

Condolences go to his family and close friends.

Regarding Gerald's funeral - it will take place at Camborne Crematorium on Thursday, January 25 at 1 pm.

IMG_0270.thumb.jpeg.c37b5413f2cc50ab0f4893a668337a26.jpegVery sad news

Another of the good guys going to join that football family above .

Gerald was a true legend with many years service to the local leagues and more importantly a friend to so many people across the County .

when he retired and I took over fixturing he gave me a lot of help and advice which I was grateful for .

RIP Gerald 

my condolences go to geralds family at this sad time.

as many before me have said a true gentleman and legend in our football community.

from referee to club secretary and fixture secretary on various local leagues  always willing to help. if you had a problem gerald was there on the end of a phone.

RIP Gerald

Such sad news. Gerald was a gentleman,  a great man and gave amazing service to grassroots football. There are not many that give their time year after year and without them our clubs would not be where we are today. Cornish football has lost another legend.

Condolences to his family, his friends and the footballing community that knew him.

From myself, nick and frogpool cusgarne fc ❤️🖤🐸