Cornwall Football Forum

JBE to Parkway

Long old drive that to Parkway every week ,think Jack would of been a lot happier coming back to Newquay or going back to Falmouth But driving to Parkway in the middle of the winter and then going off upcountry to play somewhere then the long journey home . Got to be to do with money but never thought Jack was money mad and big loss to Mousehole that they are going to need another striker because dont think Mark Goldsworthy will carry on much more with his shoulder popping out all the time so that will leave McConie and Turner as there main strikers need someone like Dan Jennings or even Jacob Rowe to replace JBE

35 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Long old drive that to Parkway every week ,think Jack would of been a lot happier coming back to Newquay or going back to Falmouth But driving to Parkway in the middle of the winter and then going off upcountry to play somewhere then the long journey home . Got to be to do with money but never thought Jack was money mad and big loss to Mousehole that they are going to need another striker because dont think Mark Goldsworthy will carry on much more with his shoulder popping out all the time so that will leave McConie and Turner as there main strikers need someone like Dan Jennings or even Jacob Rowe to replace JBE

No longer time wise  to drive to Plymouth than to Mousehole for him.

I would imagine it’s much more about playing at the best level you can rather than money. 

Why would he want to come back to level 6 football when he has proved himself at Level 4 and has a chance to show his class at Level 3. 

Good luck to him.  Very good signing for Parkway

6 minutes ago, Falmouthman said:

No longer time wise  to drive to Plymouth than to Mousehole for him.

I would imagine it’s much more about playing at the best level you can rather than money. 

Why would he want to come back to level 6 football when he has proved himself at Level 4 and has a chance to show his class at Level 3. 

Good luck to him.  Very good signing for Parkway

I’m not sure why you think that as he’s really not done anything for over two years. A bit of a gamble in my opinion.

you say it’s a big loss for Mousehole, but I’m not so sure they will consider it that way.

Good player but not at the level 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Yes, leaves Mousehole a bit short up front. Must be another striker coming in.

Parkway do need a goalscorer, present 4 have got 8 league goals between them so far. Not many around in this part of the country, so Lee Hobbs has rolled the dice on JBE.

26 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

I’m not sure why you think that as he’s really not done anything for over two years. A bit of a gamble in my opinion.

you say it’s a big loss for Mousehole, but I’m not so sure they will consider it that way.

He's got 9 league goals this season, but step 4 to 3 is a big step up.

44 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

I say I think it’s a good signing because he’s second top scorer in the Southern League this season and has a great attitude and work rate, so if I was a Parkway fan I’d be happy enough to sign him! 
I never said anything about him being a loss for Mousehole so not sure what you’re on about there. 
As for your prediction that he’s not good enough for that level then time will tell. Perhaps best to see him play at that level before deciding!!

Jacks off to prove himself at a higher level, he's taking the "Way Out North" road to play step 3 football and good for him.  He helped Mousehole win their first ever senior trophy last season and the season before he helped Falmouth Town win the treble, scoring the winning goal in the Cornwall Senior Cup final.  Good luck Jack, go and smash it.

23 minutes ago, Falmouthman said:

I say I think it’s a good signing because he’s second top scorer in the Southern League this season and has a great attitude and work rate, so if I was a Parkway fan I’d be happy enough to sign him! 
I never said anything about him being a loss for Mousehole so not sure what you’re on about there. 
As for your prediction that he’s not good enough for that level then time will tell. Perhaps best to see him play at that level before deciding!!

People expressed doubts about whether he was good enough for Falmouth, he proved them wrong. People were surprised when he went to Mousehole and asked if he was good enough, he proved himself down there. Time will tell at Parkway, but he seems to me to be a player that is willing to give it a go out of his comfort zone.

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Came on as a sub today

Looked pretty good when he came on with the little time  he had.  Was difficult as.well as Bracknell were down to 9 men and just made it difficult.  Listen to Lee interview he was the striker he wanted in the summer but jack turned it down. Sounds like he then contacted Lee  this time for the move. Not sure what happened at mousehole for him to suddenly want  to leave. But parkway will be happy to finally get him 

On 24/11/2023 at 16:30, 100%cornish said:

100% you do realise there is a world of football beyond the SWPL? You were lucky JBE stayed loyal to the Peppermints so long. The drive to Plymouth hardly worse than getting to Mousehole. JBE is going to a bigger club, with bigger gates, bigger potential and playing at a higher level. Why *wouldn’t* he go to Parkway?!

On 24/11/2023 at 18:11, Falmouthman said:

I wish him well and hope he does well at Parkway. I think JBE will do well there.

Don't really see this as an exciting signing in my eyes.

Good Player he is, but the jump from the league below to the current league Parkway are in is a bigger gap than people know.

Signing players from Exeter downwards unless they have been attached to pro clubs hasn't paid off in my opinion but I was however really impressed with Saturdays performance and hope they can build on that.

Ground looking good to, don't think they get enough credit for the setup at Bolitho.

4 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Good Player he is, but the jump from the league below to the current league Parkway are in is a bigger gap than people know.

Signing players from Exeter downwards unless they have been attached to pro clubs hasn't paid off in my opinion but I was however really impressed with Saturdays performance and hope they can build on that.

Ground looking good to, don't think they get enough credit for the setup at Bolitho.

Bit harsh in my opinion. Think he’s probably one of the best realistic options they had. This move might not work out in the long run but I don’t think they could’ve bought in anyone else.

I agree about the jump in standard but his goal record so far this season suggests he deserves a go at it. 

5 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Whilst that is true Jack Crago hasn't done too bad moving up the leagues. I think JBE will do OK. Certainly worth the punt by Parkway.