Cornwall Football Forum

PIRAN FILMS VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF HELSTON ATHLETIC V STREET FC

Piran

1 hour ago, le boss said:

Not a case of not liking it. Who doesn’t like Cavatina by John Williams, just thought it a little inappropriate on Remembrance weekend. Not a fan of The Doors tho 🤣🤣

Yes, possibly not appropriate, but The Deerhunter is the story of the traumatising effects of war on (usually) working class young men that are sent by the ruling classes to fight it. And how the after effects never really leave them. Agree with you about The Doors, over indulgent, rambling and dated rubbish.

Back on the football, looks like Matt Cusack has got Jordan Copp firing on all cylinders. When fit and interested, one of the most talented players around. Clearly reaping the rewards of being settled at a club and having a coach that believes in him.

10 hours ago, le boss said:

Not a case of not liking it. Who doesn’t like Cavatina by John Williams, just thought it a little inappropriate on Remembrance weekend. Not a fan of The Doors tho 🤣🤣

Certainly couldn't play anything by Crowded House Bash.You'd be done under the Trades Descriptions Act.:yahoo:

An interesting observation Leroy. I have received divided  opinion on the music. I have introduced the music to see if it keeps more people watching in the first 30 seconds and it does. Also I can cut more quickly to the beat and get into the action more quickly.  I only over run into the action if the commentary is quiet. The minuscule YT payment goes to the copyright holder of the music and therefore free for me to use. 

18 hours ago, Piran said:

Steve brings a lot of authority and experience as an ex pro player and non league manager to his commentaries. He is also very “YouTube friendly” because of his quirky observations, humour and charisma. He is both a commentator and summariser rolled into one.

And pays well. Will he soon be singing his own intro/theme tune - Dennis Waterman style?🤷‍♂️ Won’t have to worry about copyright then. 

A bit uncomfortable with all this anti-Massey rhetoric on here. Don't know him personally but he seems a massively enthusiastic supporter of the local game, including at woman's and youth level. Like most of us he just loves his football.... and yes, think he has mentioned he used to play a bit as well!

1 hour ago, The Town Man said:

A bit uncomfortable with all this anti-Massey rhetoric on here. Don't know him personally but he seems a massively enthusiastic supporter of the local game, including at woman's and youth level. Like most of us he just loves his football.... and yes, think he has mentioned he used to play a bit as well!

Totally agree with you 

3 minutes ago, Mauler said:

Steve Massey -  nice bloke.

Bought me a cup of tea and a Mars bar when the card machine failed at PZ earlier this season. 

Gave a good insight of what he was observing, and why, when watching Wendron play at St Austell.

Do I like Helston?

I prefer Porthleven....

If that’s who I think it is then I’m not surprised lol😉😉😉