Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL….St Col Major v North Petherwin

13 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Is it a coincidence it was against the top of the table side?

They drew 3-3 in the reverse fixture so maybe not. They have a small squad and no reserve or youth team to call upon. No win in 6 and slipped from top 3 to 8th. Today was a home fixture so maybe RJW or Casey will enlighten us. 

I don't have anything to do with St Columb Major football club. Please stop associating me with Casey and his team. I am a ex player, and quite frankly if true they couldn't raise a side?? That's very sad for the football club. 

Dave Deacon I highly doubt it's because of playing the top team, what a disrespectful comment from you. 

Maybe like most people they have gone too watch Argyle 😏

I have just gave up my Saturday to help dave and his St Dennis side. We lost 13-1 and you know what?? I enjoy playing football when i can (even when losing badly) unlike players today. Players today aren't committed enough 

32 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

I don't have anything to do with St Columb Major football club. Please stop associating me with Casey and his team. I am a ex player, and quite frankly if true they couldn't raise a side?? That's very sad for the football club. 

Dave Deacon I highly doubt it's because of playing the top team, what a disrespectful comment from you. 

Maybe like most people they have gone too watch Argyle 😏

I have just gave up my Saturday to help dave and his St Dennis side. We lost 13-1 and you know what?? I enjoy playing football when i can (even when losing badly) unlike players today. Players today are a disgrace!! 

Disrespectful? Maybe read your own comments pal!!😂😂😂😂😂😂

13 minutes ago, Byron10 said:

True colours showing abit here now kid…

Wish I was a kid 🤦‍♂️ anyway.. St Columb couldn’t raise a side and I have no idea why. Now as a Ipswich fan I am gonna carry on celebrating promotion. 👍

12 hours ago, Soccer Follower said:

Do they still have a cricket team there?

Cricket team folded about 25 years ago mate. 

Extremely poor from St Columb, even more so with it being a home game. A couple from StC have been loud enough in spells so it'll be interesting to see what they have to say. Hopefully they can raise a side for next week and the remaining games.

I don't think Dave was disrespectful in his comment, it was just a genuine question as no other reason has been given. Appreciate you're not part of it RJW so probably wrong for you to be asked. Been great to see you back in with St Dennis.

51 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

Extremely poor from St Columb, even more so with it being a home game. A couple from StC have been loud enough in spells so it'll be interesting to see what they have to say. Hopefully they can raise a side for next week and the remaining games.

I don't think Dave was disrespectful in his comment, it was just a genuine question as no other reason has been given. Appreciate you're not part of it RJW so probably wrong for you to be asked. Been great to see you back in with St Dennis.

Just helping out mate as don’t like seeing football clubs with no players and folding. That’s the difference with the older generation and the current generation I’m afraid. I gave up like 5 years ago playing regularly because of constant knee problems, but yeah I will carry on helping Dave when he needs me 👍

57 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

Also yes sorry to Dave. I literally just came off a football pitch losing 13-1 so I’m sure you are aware I wasn’t quite in the best of moods at the time. But foxhole are extremely good best I’ve seen in a long time and was probably expected when we have players like myself what don’t play every week anymore. We will fight on till the end though 💪

I have watched St Columb a few times this season and they are a fine team with players wasted playing there they should be playing in a higher league or even come and play at Newquay Academy , Jamie Seery is just to good to be playing in that standard of football but there are severel lads there who would get in most teams. 

The shortage of players i heard was severel where away on Holiday 

Hope St Columb dont fold i watched them vs Liskeard and they where really good especially the 2nd game when they had a full team out .

Lets try and be nice to one another theres enough Crap going on in the world and we dont want any slagging people off on here Dave should crack the whip on here more i have been the subject of some nasty remarks but i just laugh them off im thick skinned and a bit nuts like yesterday 2 15am in the morning i had bad toothache so i thought sod it thats going to have to come out so got the pliers and whipped the bugger out you cant get a dentist apointment anywhere anyway .

Ok people be nice to one another 

13 hours ago, Rjw87 said:

I literally just came off a football pitch losing 13-1 so I’m sure you are aware I wasn’t quite in the best of moods at the time.

Oh dear, I hate to tell you but says 14-1 on full-time! :)

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

we dont want any slagging people off on here Dave should crack the whip on here more

There's a reporting system in place and hardly anyone uses it! 

11 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Oh dear, I hate to tell you but says 14-1 on full-time! :)

There's a reporting system in place and hardly anyone uses it! 

Cheers Dave 😉 we will try and put it right tomorrow when we play the best side in the league again tomorrow. After their cup final loss you could see they were well up for it and played incredible football yesterday. They would of gave most teams a hammering playing like that 👍

13 minutes ago, Pasty Lover said:

What have Chelsea got to do with the east cornwall league lads?? I'm very confused. It's clear you are looking for a reaction from Rjw87 but clearly he's not biting. Move on 😁

It’s all good pard.. love the fact people are talking about me. Let them carry on it feels good! 😉

On 30/04/2023 at 10:43, 100%cornish said:

I have watched St Columb a few times this season and they are a fine team with players wasted playing there they should be playing in a higher league or even come and play at Newquay Academy , Jamie Seery is just to good to be playing in that standard of football but there are severel lads there who would get in most teams. 

The shortage of players i heard was severel where away on Holiday 

Hope St Columb dont fold i watched them vs Liskeard and they where really good especially the 2nd game when they had a full team out .

Lets try and be nice to one another theres enough Crap going on in the world and we dont want any slagging people off on here Dave should crack the whip on here more i have been the subject of some nasty remarks but i just laugh them off im thick skinned and a bit nuts like yesterday 2 15am in the morning i had bad toothache so i thought sod it thats going to have to come out so got the pliers and whipped the bugger out you cant get a dentist apointment anywhere anyway .

Ok people be nice to one another 

Lucky u Steve at 2'15 am I was trying to get a taxi home from  Falmouth,cost me £80 just so I wouldn't be late for Newquay vets on Sunday lol

On 29/04/2023 at 21:04, L.Gibbons said:

Theres probably a good reason for this mate they've had a decent season so can't imagine it was a decision made lightly,IV been in Casey's position so can fully sympathise with his call