St Blazey             P-P            Sticker

St Dennis             P-P             Dobwalls

19:45   

Bodmin Town    P-P             Mullion

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP

SEMI FINAL (at Ivybridge)

19:30   

Liskeard Athletic  P-P         Newton Abbot Spurs

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES & RESULTS - 6th to 12th April 2023

Thursday's game at Mullion was pretty much wrapped up in the opening 11 minutes as the visitors Wendron got off to a flying start!

Within a minute they were a goal up through Josh Wood and then ten minutes later Ryan Reeve broke away, rounded the goalkeeper Paul Williams, and although his touch took him out wider, he was still able to steer the ball back across himself and into the far corner of the Mullion net.

Under the bright new floodlights at Clifden Park, on a perfect night for playing and in front of a crowd of 141, which beat their attendance for their first ever floodlit match a week earlier, the game then became quite an open affair, end to end, with woodwork being rapped and both keepers having to stay alert.

After the half-time break Charlie Young scored twice to complete the scoring. His first on 48 minutes , bringing the ball down perfectly to finish off, his second on 82 minutes ensured all but an ideal evening for Mike O'Neill's side which also saw the gaffer himself come on as sub late on.

Wendron's attention now turns to Poltair today hoping that St Austell can cause an upset by beating league leaders St Blazey and keep the title race going for a little longer 

Okehampton Argyle 1 Holsworthy 2

With Ashes having no game - and being heartily sick of Twitter watching and the words play off and promotion I decided to go neutral. As it was I sat with Phil H and Janina along with at points the secs of both Crediton and Okey. Busman’s holiday!!! 

On paper you’d say Okey should have walked it- but the wonder winning goal from Holsworthy number 10 was worth the admission fee of a £5. Loads of drama with Holsworthy reduced to 10 for a second yellow which then led the ref to go a little card crazy and Okey can count themselves lucky end with 11 players as even from the far side I thought one player could have got a straight red for a full blooded tackle. 

Friendly club Okey - and with new floodlights and the stand under construction it’s a club on the move- although you’d have to say after today, the title has gone and it’s next season they need to concentrate on. 

Good day out! 

Decided to write a short write up on this afternoons match between St Austell and St Blazey ,St Austell started very well and if they had a good  striker they would of gone in front but against the run of play Prolific scorer Luke Cloke put Blazey 1-0 up with a easy finish 1-0 HT 2ND half all St Blazey and Luke scored his 2nd after a mix up in the St Austell defence they then went 3-0 a bullet header from the youngster Joe Cooper .

St Blazey had subs the calibre of Liam Eddy ,Alfie Wotton , and lewis Russel to bring on and it was Liam Eddy who scored the 4th with a brilliant strike he was really good when he came on .Well done Blazey looking forward to the Wendron match and taking lots of photos that day .

I have kept this short today i will leave the better write up to the legend that is Mark Rapsey 

Im still a bit shook up at 2 incidents that happened today 1 involving my dog Smokie as you all know hes such a laid back dog but something happened today but i wont go into that your bound to hear from someone but you know hes not a nasty dog .

2nd  incident driving home just past St Stephens im driving along this nice straight bit of road when my steering wheel started shaking then there was a almighty bang and my front tyre had blown and i thought this is it im a goner i could see me hitting this stone hedge but dont know how i did it but there was open farm gates and managed to steer it through there into this field ,this kind farmer came over and asked if i was ok i was shaking like a leaf he said your tyre is shredded and this kind man jacked up my car and put the spare on he asked if he could do anything else and i dont know why i said it but i said have you got any spare underwear i did apologise i gave the kind man £10 and crawled home at a snails pace so no angel wings for me yet must of been my partner who passed away 3 years next month i think it was her in control of the car saying no your not going to smash my car up it was hers and her pride and joy .Anyway im still here to bore the pants off you but dont know what is going to happen to Smokie yet hes all i got 

Callington 0 Launceston 0  

short trip up to Callington, a good game really , two very similar teams, both hit the posts, Launceston edged it on chances ,perhaps a older head  would of buried them, i noticed Launceston have a very young team, but some of them are huge lads, Callington was a mix of old and young, a nice morning sat in the sun , and a fair turnout to watch ,seems more relaxed up at the marsh, i noticed the corner of the pitch that has been giving the groundsman headaches  isn't good, but is playable, someone said that a underground stream or spring runs under that end ?  i did notice water was still steadily seeping out of the drains,, just outside ,so good luck to the groundsman as they have five home games in two weeks ,bet they are  praying for it to stay dry.....

Liskeard Athletic 6 Dobwalls 1

No lengthy match report this time from Lux Park, the home of sexy football. Basically 5-0 after 27 minutes  and the Blues pretty much declared innings closed, with a further two games in three days (Mon and Wes) to come. 

Some lovely intricate passing which the Dobwalls defence sat back and admired, just as I had from the stand!  Woods, Gilbert, Rowe and Kane x2 IIRC netting for Liskeard,

inevitably the tempo slowed but  more chances came and we’re missed with two goals chalked off for offside. DJ did score from the penalty spot whilst the ever annoying Fyneboy got a consolation for Dobwalls. How such a big lad spends so much time on the floor is one of life’s mysteries!

In short, Dobwalls dispatched with ease without Liskeard needing to get out of second gear. If they had needed a ten goal win to achieve something significant they could have.  Later in the day I went to the Hurlers on Bodmin Moor and the stones there I think were more mobile than the the visitors defence were  in the opening 45 minutes! 

A morning well spent taking in the untypical  BH rays!! Top stuff Blues!

13 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Decided to write a short write up on this afternoons match between St Austell and St Blazey ,St Austell started very well and if they had a good  striker they would of gone in front but against the run of play Prolific scorer Luke Cloke put Blazey 1-0 up with a easy finish 1-0 HT 2ND half all St Blazey and Luke scored his 2nd after a mix up in the St Austell defence they then went 3-0 a bullet header from the youngster Joe Cooper .

St Blazey had subs the calibre of Liam Eddy ,Alfie Wotton , and lewis Russel to bring on and it was Liam Eddy who scored the 4th with a brilliant strike he was really good when he came on .Well done Blazey looking forward to the Wendron match and taking lots of photos that day .

I have kept this short today i will leave the better write up to the legend that is Mark Rapsey 

Im still a bit shook up at 2 incidents that happened today 1 involving my dog Smokie as you all know hes such a laid back dog but something happened today but i wont go into that your bound to hear from someone but you know hes not a nasty dog .

2nd  incident driving home just past St Stephens im driving along this nice straight bit of road when my steering wheel started shaking then there was a almighty bang and my front tyre had blown and i thought this is it im a goner i could see me hitting this stone hedge but dont know how i did it but there was open farm gates and managed to steer it through there into this field ,this kind farmer came over and asked if i was ok i was shaking like a leaf he said your tyre is shredded and this kind man jacked up my car and put the spare on he asked if he could do anything else and i dont know why i said it but i said have you got any spare underwear i did apologise i gave the kind man £10 and crawled home at a snails pace so no angel wings for me yet must of been my partner who passed away 3 years next month i think it was her in control of the car saying no your not going to smash my car up it was hers and her pride and joy .Anyway im still here to bore the pants off you but dont know what is going to happen to Smokie yet hes all i got 

Glad to hear you're OK, must have been a frightening few moments. Touchwood, nothing like that has happened to me so far but I know I'd be feeling the same as you. Take care mate. 

Thanks im ok more shook up at spending £65 on a new tyre ,no i had a bad night worrying what might of happened and with Smokie if that farm gate wasnt open i dont think i would be here now and the lovely farmer who helped me going to take him down a gift when i go Blazey for the Wendron match it was scarey never had anything like that happened before the sound of the tyre blowing was horrendous .

Well onto the footy it was good to see both sides playing so many youngsters but the stand out 1 for me was St Blazeys RIO Ward what a class player he is he was playing at no 3 yesterday and he was so calm on the ball 

St Austell Badly need a striker and if i was them i would see if Liam Eddy would make a return he came on yesterday and was brilliant and scored the best goal of the day .

My Team Newquay need a goal scorer young Jack Rapsey scores the odd goal and his hold up play is really good but Newquay need a proper goalscorer and if i was manager i would ask about Wadebridges Matt Lloyd 

Ok everyone have a good Easter may see some of you at St Dennis next Saturday where in my opinion Liskeard the team playing there are the best footballing team around they have so many good players Max Gilbert for me is there main man very much like River Allen a t Blazey he dictates the play both hell of good players .Looking forward to seeing Liskeard manager Martin Gilbert we always have a good chat dont know if Smokie will be there yet 

DSCN8936.JPG

River Allen my player of the year and Rio Ward young player of the year 

DSCN8927.JPG

DSCN8893.JPG

I would like to wish Gary , Mark and Steve all the best for the future now they are leaving St Austell ,Hopefully you may 1 day end up here in charge of Newquay bring your buckets and spades and surfboards .

I  have heard theres going to be a big shake up at Newquay well it needs it ,its not been the best of seasons Newquay need to be up there challenging and winning trophies like they use to but sadly those days have long gone 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Thanks im ok more shook up at spending £65 on a new tyre ,no i had a bad night worrying what might of happened and with Smokie if that farm gate wasnt open i dont think i would be here now and the lovely farmer who helped me going to take him down a gift when i go Blazey for the Wendron match it was scarey never had anything like that happened before the sound of the tyre blowing was horrendous .

Well onto the footy it was good to see both sides playing so many youngsters but the stand out 1 for me was St Blazeys RIO Ward what a class player he is he was playing at no 3 yesterday and he was so calm on the ball 

St Austell Badly need a striker and if i was them i would see if Liam Eddy would make a return he came on yesterday and was brilliant and scored the best goal of the day .

My Team Newquay need a goal scorer young Jack Rapsey scores the odd goal and his hold up play is really good but Newquay need a proper goalscorer and if i was manager i would ask about Wadebridges Matt Lloyd 

Ok everyone have a good Easter may see some of you at St Dennis next Saturday where in my opinion Liskeard the team playing there are the best footballing team around they have so many good players Max Gilbert for me is there main man very much like River Allen a t Blazey he dictates the play both hell of good players .Looking forward to seeing Liskeard manager Martin Gilbert we always have a good chat dont know if Smokie will be there yet 

DSCN8936.JPG

River Allen my player of the year and Rio Ward young player of the year 

DSCN8927.JPG

DSCN8893.JPG

I would like to wish Gary , Mark and Steve all the best for the future now they are leaving St Austell ,Hopefully you may 1 day end up here in charge of Newquay bring your buckets and spades and surfboards .

I  have heard theres going to be a big shake up at Newquay well it needs it ,its not been the best of seasons Newquay need to be up there challenging and winning trophies like they use to but sadly those days have long gone 

Good report 100%. Agree with a lot you say. About newquay have you been told whos going? I heard few things bout few defenders and keeper leaving but thats it so far hope management stays fink Craig is right man to build something great will we see fallens back? I want jbe back but can only dream. 

Glad you and Smokie are ok Steve! Had a blow out about 15 years ago with Rach and the 3 kids in the car on Sticker bypass, definitely shakes you up for sure! 😳. Went St.Austell 0-4 St.Blazey, St.Dennis 1-3 Sticker, visited North Petherwin ground, what a surface by the way! 👏🏼👍 and the picturesque Week St Mary fc pitch, before waiting 55 minutes for fish & chips at Bude before eventually seeing them beat Camelford 2-0 under their lovely new floodlights! Got home at 11pm so gave the reports a miss! Totally out of character for Smokie yesterday Steve bless him, horrible scary moment and hope everyone is ok 😔

Agree Blazey worthy league champions over the 30 games and thoroughly deserve their place in the Western league next season, my local club so looking forward to watching quite a few of those games. Again agree River great player at this level, almost finds it too easy and young Rio looks a great prospect. Sparky, Gaz and Steve can leave St.Austell with their head held high and hope to see them back in the game in the not too distant future.

Really feel sorry for Liskeard, Wendron and Wadebridge who got the top 4 spots on merit but the collapse of the merger denied them an exciting season next year, now they’ve got to “go again” not to mention financially after throwing a few quid at it along with Bude who look to have finished in a commendable 5th spot. At least Bude and Mullion come out of the season with much improved facilities 👍 (could do with some box nets at Bude though!

Newquay look like ending up 6th and I differ with you on the Peppermints Steve, no shake up needed at all in my opinion, been really impressed bar the odd couple games from what I’ve seen! Got an excellent young manager/coach playing good football, just need a kinder home surface to play it on. Some brilliant young players that are still getting better all the time, maybe a couple of additions in the summer like any team needs but in my opinion they are not far away at all and a top 6 spot is a decent finish for such a young team with only 1 or 2 players over 29!

Agree and disagree with you on Jack! If you’re after a 40 goal a season striker that doesn’t do much else (like his old man) he’s probably not your man! But if you want someone who works his bollocks off for 90 minutes, like you said holds it up well, brings other players into the game and scores 25 and assists 20 a season in a good footballing team he’s your man. Although he has scored 12 in 15 games for Newquay which is more than the “odd” goal strike rate I’d say. Finally £65 for a tyre!!! Can you tell me where mate!? Cheapest I can get are £80 a pop!! Perhaps £65 is why it did “pop” mate!!? 😂👍. Anyway off to watch Celtic beat Rangers and don’t believe all the Cornish football rumours everyone!!! Same every summer! Wait until you see them in the shirt!! 👍️ You and Smokie take care Steve, catch you at a game soon mate 👍

45 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Glad you and Smokie are ok Steve! Had a blow out about 15 years ago with Rach and the 3 kids in the car on Sticker bypass, definitely shakes you up for sure! 😳. Went St.Austell 0-4 St.Blazey, St.Dennis 1-3 Sticker, visited North Petherwin ground, what a surface by the way! 👏🏼👍 and the picturesque Week St Mary fc pitch, before waiting 55 minutes for fish & chips at Bude before eventually seeing them beat Camelford 2-0 under their lovely new floodlights! Got home at 11pm so gave the reports a miss! Totally out of character for Smokie yesterday Steve bless him, horrible scary moment and hope everyone is ok 😔

Agree Blazey worthy league champions over the 30 games and thoroughly deserve their place in the Western league next season, my local club so looking forward to watching quite a few of those games. Again agree River great player at this level, almost finds it too easy and young Rio looks a great prospect. Sparky, Gaz and Steve can leave St.Austell with their head held high and hope to see them back in the game in the not too distant future.

Really feel sorry for Liskeard, Wendron and Wadebridge who got the top 4 spots on merit but the collapse of the merger denied them an exciting season next year, now they’ve got to “go again” not to mention financially after throwing a few quid at it along with Bude who look to have finished in a commendable 5th spot. At least Bude and Mullion come out of the season with much improved facilities 👍 (could do with some box nets at Bude though!

Newquay look like ending up 6th and I differ with you on the Peppermints Steve, no shake up needed at all in my opinion, been really impressed bar the odd couple games from what I’ve seen! Got an excellent young manager/coach playing good football, just need a kinder home surface to play it on. Some brilliant young players that are still getting better all the time, maybe a couple of additions in the summer like any team needs but in my opinion they are not far away at all and a top 6 spot is a decent finish for such a young team with only 1 or 2 players over 29!

Agree and disagree with you on Jack! If you’re after a 40 goal a season striker that doesn’t do much else (like his old man) he’s probably not your man! But if you want someone who works his bollocks off for 90 minutes, like you said holds it up well, brings other players into the game and scores 25 and assists 20 a season in a good footballing team he’s your man. Although he has scored 12 in 15 games for Newquay which is more than the “odd” goal strike rate I’d say. Finally £65 for a tyre!!! Can you tell me where mate!? Cheapest I can get are £80 a pop!! Perhaps £65 is why it did “pop” mate!!? 😂👍. Anyway off to watch Celtic beat Rangers and don’t believe all the Cornish football rumours everyone!!! Same every summer! Wait until you see them in the shirt!! 👍️ You and Smokie take care Steve, catch you at a game soon mate 👍

Kind words regards our pitch at North Petherwin.  Huge amount of time and effort on it since the early days. Cheers

Thanks Mark for your kind words again it was out of Character with Smokie yesterday hes such a soft old thing .

If say Newquay signed Liam Eddy and had him playing alongside your Jack that would be a brilliant combination and that would be the final piece in the jigsaw you know a lot more about footy than me but Newquay have a good spine there in the defence great goalie class defence good midfield just need someone to play alongside Jack hes up there on his own a lot with no one to lay the ball off to him and Eddy the little and large combination Keegan and Toshack like .

I owe you a apology Mark i thought you was a Rangers fan but listened to the Podcast anf its Celtic your team noticed they got lots of Scots playing for them like Jock Furuhashi hes a good player see hes scored twice vs Rangers today 

Enjoy your footy 3 matches in a day that is commitment my next match is this Satuday at St Dennis amazing chips there then hopefully i will get to Blazey to see them play Wendron and collect the Champions cup it depends if i am out of hospital in time i have to see the Bladder Specialist that day so hopefully i will down there to see the last match of the season .

Then its planning for pre season im going to pencil 1 in which i think will go ahead Bodmin vs Mr Warnocks Huddersfield hoping Wadebridge have good pre season matches as last week i seemed to be down there every week last summer and it was great .Hope Argyle play someone down here the 1st team not the kids they should bring there 1st team down as to say thankyou to all the supporters who went up to Wembley from Conwall and where let down by such a awful performance 

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Interesting takes from 100% and Rappo. I tend to agree more with the latter. I don’t think the Mints are far away from being challengers! Good young side who play the game the way I enjoy watching it. 

Young Jack is exactly the type of player Mark says he is. The right foil around him and a good pitch to play on and Nqy will score goals. Not only that, always one of the best away games on the schedule for visiting fans. 

The only slight caveat, is Nqy always seem to have a tendency to show well against the best, but slip up against eminently more beatable sides. They must be a frustrating watch for their supporters!

Totally spot on BSOTT!!  They beat Bude 5-2 at home, narrowly lost 1-2 at Liskeard then lost 2-5 at home to Callington!!  😳😳. Then drew 1-1 at Blazey with the champions (safe to say I think!) equalising in the 87th minute, won 3-0 at Dobwalls could have been 8-0 if not for an inspired keeper, took a 2-0 lead first 10 minutes at Wadebridge before losing 2-4, then beat St.Austell 3-1!!! I’m sure Craig and Ash could tear their hair out at times but when they’re in 5th gear they play some brilliant stuff!! It’s just that inconsistency you get with a young team sometimes! This team to me, got a look about them like I thought Wendron were a season or two ago and they went on to do alright!! 👍️ Got the right man at the helm and some quality players well short of their primes yet! I’m gonna predict good things for Newquay if they all stay together over the next season or two. Great club with one of the best proper football grounds in Cornwall, be nice to see them keep heading in the right direction 👏🏼👍🔴

Agree with much of what Rappo has to say about Newquay.I think they’ve made a lot of progress this season despite losing several key players earlier.The youngsters have done really well and Noah Teague a real prospect.Jack R has been an excellent signing and is a different sort of player to his Dad and brings other players in to the build up to good effect.Craig and Ash are clearly one of the more talented young managerial partnerships and deserve the support of the club in returning them towards the top of the league table.Next season will be interesting with Wadebridge,Wendron and Liskeard well set for another title push.

St Austell with a few additions to the squad should join Newquay in challenging those who have strengthened in the hopes of promotion.St Austell have some very good players and on their day can compete with the league’s best Wadebridge last week for example and yesterday they more than matched title winners elect St Blazey for big spells of the game.More depth in the squad and a couple of older heads brought in will make the promotion spot very competitive next season .

On 08/04/2023 at 18:08, RAPPO said:

Totally spot on BSOTT!!  They beat Bude 5-2 at home, narrowly lost 1-2 at Liskeard then lost 2-5 at home to Callington!!  😳😳. Then drew 1-1 at Blazey with the champions (safe to say I think!) equalising in the 87th minute, won 3-0 at Dobwalls could have been 8-0 if not for an inspired keeper, took a 2-0 lead first 10 minutes at Wadebridge before losing 2-4, then beat St.Austell 3-1!!! I’m sure Craig and Ash could tear their hair out at times but when they’re in 5th gear they play some brilliant stuff!! It’s just that inconsistency you get with a young team sometimes! This team to me, got a look about them like I thought Wendron were a season or two ago and they went on to do alright!! 👍️ Got the right man at the helm and some quality players well short of their primes yet! I’m gonna predict good things for Newquay if they all stay together over the next season or two. Great club with one of the best proper football grounds in Cornwall, be nice to see them keep heading in the right direction 👏🏼👍🔴

In keeping what you say about the ‘Mints I saw that in one afternoon! They went 3-0 down at Mullion only to thrillingly win 4-3!! Saw them at Wendron when down west again. Two up and playing some great stuff but proceeded to concede three without reply!

Experience usually improves such traits, but Newquay seem to have been like this for years - sometimes brilliant, sometimes terrible!  - a curious watch. Proper club and ground who along with the likes of St Austell, Liskeard and others will not want to be left behind in a diminished SWPL West.

Penzance 0-1 Liskeard

good result for the blues and a battling win with the strange thing being they had 3 goalkeepers on the day including striker Dan Jennings. Sam Borthwick went off on around 65 minutes to see Matthew Outtram come on in goal, and he went off after taking a goal kick, to which Jennings went in between the sticks. 
With the blues big league cup semi final looming on Wednesday vs NA Spurs, it remains to be seen who will be in goal, with Sam Borthwick gaining what looked to be a groin injury and Luke Gwillam still on the sidelines having not played since his injury before the New Year. 
Someone told me he played for the reserves side on Saturday vs North Petherwin, can anyone confirm this?? Wasn’t sure whether it was someone just making rumours up or whether there was truth, either way a GK problem for the blues ahead of arguably there biggest game of the season on Wednesday, an interesting one.

3 hours ago, Football Follower 456 said:

Penzance 0-1 Liskeard

good result for the blues and a battling win with the strange thing being they had 3 goalkeepers on the day including striker Dan Jennings. Sam Borthwick went off on around 65 minutes to see Matthew Outtram come on in goal, and he went off after taking a goal kick, to which Jennings went in between the sticks. 
With the blues big league cup semi final looming on Wednesday vs NA Spurs, it remains to be seen who will be in goal, with Sam Borthwick gaining what looked to be a groin injury and Luke Gwillam still on the sidelines having not played since his injury before the New Year. 
Someone told me he played for the reserves side on Saturday vs North Petherwin, can anyone confirm this?? Wasn’t sure whether it was someone just making rumours up or whether there was truth, either way a GK problem for the blues ahead of arguably there biggest game of the season on Wednesday, an interesting one.

gwillam has played the last 2 for the reserves.