Bridport                 0-2        Sidmouth Town

Wednesday 8 March 2023

EAST

Bovey Tracey       P-P    Newton Abbot Spurs

Torrington           P-P      Teignmouth

WEST

Liskeard Athletic    5-0        St Dennis

St Blazey               1-1        Newquay

• Dave Deacon changed the title to FIXTURES & RESULTS - Midweek matches Tues & Wed 7th & 8th March 2023
12 hours ago, davegrose said:

Liskeard 5 st Dennis 0

Very wet very slippery not a huge amount of spectators but liskeard proved again how good they are some well worked goals one of their lads smashed an absolute peach from 25/30 yards for their 3rd.

That’s known as a “Turk Toepunt” Dave, seen few of them end up near Caradon mast😂, good to speak to you last night mate, still ain’t stopped raining!

1 hour ago, JonColenzo said:

That’s known as a “Turk Toepunt” Dave, seen few of them end up near Caradon mast😂, good to speak to you last night mate, still ain’t stopped raining!

It's lashing it down here as well mate supposed to be spring soon ain't it lol

Liskeard Athletic 5 St Dennis 0

Had a torturous route to get to Lux Park last night - bus from Lanson to Saltash, train then to Liskeard and then a mile walk to the ground’ Utter madness on a filthy night! Why? I really love the Blues style of play. On *top form* and at full strength the best side in the league and certainly the easiest on the eye.

3-0 down after 23 minutes it would have been easy for St Dennis to totally capitulate. They didn’t! The Blues had to work hard for the additional goals. Some great last ditch blocks and defending from the Saints. A commendable attitude and spirit in the camp.

Despite the heavy pitch accompanied by further intermittent torrent of rain, the Blues stuck to their passing  game. The first goal was fortuitous. A Ben Collins shot from distance takes a deflection past a flat footed ‘keeper. Goal No2 - a smart team move  and equally smart turn and finish by Jeffrey. If that was good, the third, a vicious dipping effort from Collins was sublime. 

it was well into the second half before a low drive from Max Gilbert made it four and a tidy Finn Bartlett finish from  completed the scoring. Other chances were missed and a stretching save in the first half from the visitors ‘keeper was superb. Yet again, great entertaining and style from Liskeard. Ben Collins superb all night, Harry Jeffrey industrious, nice cameo from Jarrod Woods off the bench and the defence didn’t give the Clay Country men a sniff at goal! 5-0 and neither DJ or (sub) Lorenz on the scoresheet. A great team performance well done Blues.

This is why I went to such efforts to get there! I doubt anyone who likes skilful attacking football will leave Lux Park disappointed. More followers richly deserved. 

Hopefully private transport sorted soon! 

45 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Liskeard Athletic 5 St Dennis 0

Had a torturous route to get to Lux Park last night - bus from Lanson to Saltash, train then to Liskeard and then a mile walk to the ground’ Utter madness on a filthy night! Why? I really love the Blues style of play. On *top form* and at full strength the best side in the league and certainly the easiest on the eye.

3-0 down after 23 minutes it would have been easy for St Dennis to totally capitulate. They didn’t! The Blues had to work hard for the additional goals. Some great last ditch blocks and defending from the Saints. A commendable attitude and spirit in the camp.

Despite the heavy pitch accompanied by further intermittent torrent of rain, the Blues stuck to their passing  game. The first goal was fortuitous. A Ben Collins shot from distance takes a deflection past a flat footed ‘keeper. Goal No2 - a smart team move  and equally smart turn and finish by Jeffrey. If that was good, the third, a vicious dipping effort from Collins was sublime. 

it was well into the second half before a low drive from Max Gilbert made it four and a tidy Finn Bartlett finish from  completed the scoring. Other chances were missed and a stretching save in the first half from the visitors ‘keeper was superb. Yet again, great entertaining and style from Liskeard. Ben Collins superb all night, Harry Jeffrey industrious, nice cameo from Jarrod Woods off the bench and the defence didn’t give the Clay Country men a sniff at goal! 5-0 and neither DJ or (sub) Lorenz on the scoresheet. A great team performance well done Blues.

This is why I went to such efforts to get there! I doubt anyone who likes skilful attacking football will leave Lux Park disappointed. More followers richly deserved. 

Hopefully private transport sorted soon! 

A good accurate report of a good game, id have happily come down to the train station to pick you up, needed an excuse to get the heater on in my van to dry off a bit after an hour of forking the pitch 😂

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Young Harry Salmon think it was his debut one for the future dont think he will replace Newquays 1st choice keeper Harry Ashton ,but young Harry has a hell of a future in front of him 

Newquays young reserve goalie Harry Salmon 

DSCN7569.JPG

Is that Matt Salmons son ?

Harry’s had about 5 games this season deputising for Harry Snr and has been excellent. His attitude is brilliant sitting on the bench and learning the game at this level and his commitment to training superb. He’s only 16 but he’s brave as a lion (think he might get that off his dad!) Really confident like any keeper needs to be with good hands especially in those wet conditions the other night at Blazey. Great save from River Allen’s free kick in the last minute, good lad, delighted for him, got a great future I reckon. Reminds me of a young Dave Philp! Can’t get any better than that! 👏🏼👍