SECOND ROUND             

Bovey Tracey                     4-3          Brockenhurst

Brixham                               2-1          Andover New Street

Buckland Athletic             5-1          Cullompton Rangers

Clevedon Town                 4-0          Mangotsfield United

Elburton Villa                     0-4          Bridgwater United

Laverstock & Ford            2-1          Falmouth Town

Mousehole                         1-2          Hartpury Unversity

Wellington                          2-2          Royal Wootton Bassett (4-5 on pens)

WESTERN LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Ashton & Backwell Utd  0-1          Shepton Mallet

Barnstaple Town              1-0          Torpoint Athletic

Helston Athletic                2-0          Cadbury Heat

Millbrook                             1-1          Ilfracombe Town

Sherborne Town              0-2          Saltash United

Street                                   1-0          Keynsham Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 12 November 2022

Not a lot of interest on this WL forum this evening! 😄

I trundled down to Trungle this afternoon for the county's only Vase match and  a tight affair between two sides who wanted to play football. It finished Mousehole 1, Hartpury Uni 2.

Unusually for Mousehole, I thought today they gave a bit of possession away which they don't often when I've watched them, but I have to say their opponents were hard working while pretty good on the ball themselves.

Hartpury went in 2 up at the break and the damage had been done really. Most of that destruction was carried out just seconds before the break when from a moment not too far from the Mousehole dug out when the home side and management thought they should have been awarded a free-kick, they weren't, and worse still Hartpury broke and scored! Jake got a yellow, Tallan Mitchell got sin-binned!

I reckoned Hartpury just shaded it in the first-half but two was a bit generous.

So Mousehole had it all to do in the second half and immediately brought on Louis Price. He offered more of a threat down the left and as the game went on, as expected in a cup tie, Mousehole penned Hartpury back more and more. However some stubborn defending and a goalkeeper pulling out a couple vital saves left Mousehole not able to score until added on time. Reece Thomson got the goal, but it was a packed penalty area!

It proved too late even though there was still a couple more minutes played.

Cornwall's other FA Vase team, Falmouth Town, also left the competition today going down 2-1 at Laverstock & Ford. The winner coming in added on time after Jack Bray-Evans had levelled the match.    

10 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I trundled down to Trungle this afternoon for the county's only Vase match and  a tight affair between two sides who wanted to play football. It finished Mousehole 1, Hartpury Uni 2.

Unusually for Mousehole, I thought today they gave a bit of possession away which they don't often when I've watched them, but I have to say their opponents were hard working while pretty good on the ball themselves.

Hartpury went in 2 up at the break and the damage had been done really. Most of that destruction was carried out just seconds before the break when from a moment not too far from the Mousehole dug out when the home side and management thought they should have been awarded a free-kick, they weren't, and worse still Hartpury broke and scored! Jake got a yellow, Tallan Mitchell got sin-binned!

I reckoned Hartpury just shaded it in the first-half but two was a bit generous.

So Mousehole had it all to do in the second half and immediately brought on Louis Price. He offered more of a threat down the left and as the game went on, as expected in a cup tie, Mousehole penned Hartpury back more and more. However some stubborn defending and a goalkeeper pulling out a couple vital saves left Mousehole not able to score until added on time. Reece Thomson got the goal, but it was a packed penalty area!

Cornwall's other FA Vase team, Falmouth Town, also left the competition today going down 2-1 at Laverstock & Ford. The winner coming in added on time after Jack Bray-Evans had levelled the match.    

pretty much summed it up. Mousehole were worth a draw (god knows how pens would have worked out!)

I was seriously impressed with Harpbury, they have some very good players who are step 3/4 level.

Great match to watch for the neutral, heart attack stuff if your Mousehole.....

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Spot on match report Dave - have to agree with every word of that. As so often in football it was the goal on the stroke of half-time that was the killer leaving us with a mountain to climb in the second half, especially with having to cope with only 10 men for the first 10 minutes of the second 45 (to be clear, that’s not a complaint from me about the decision - thought the ref was exemplary today). 

Hartpury are a seriously good football team - only their 2nd season in the NLS and I’d bet the house they’ll get a 2nd successive promotion this season. They’ve already got a couple of players who are dual-registered with Step 4 teams and Step 4 may well be where they end up. Their rugby team plays in the Championship so they have the infrastructure. 

Callum O’Brien was serving a 1 match suspension and despite not playing he travelled to Sherborne Town with the lads to cheer them on. Ashes keeper is Jordan Duffey

Tough game for Ashes - felt like the day after the Lord Mayors Parade- but 9 straight wins and a clean sheet. However sometimes you have win ugly . 

Shout out to Sherborne- another great friendly team. 

2 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Callum O’Brien was serving a 1 match suspension and despite not playing he travelled to Sherborne Town with the lads to cheer them on. Ashes keeper is Jordan Duffey

Tough game for Ashes - felt like the day after the Lord Mayors Parade- but 9 straight wins and a clean sheet. However sometimes you have win ugly . 

Shout out to Sherborne- another great friendly team. 

Lovely ground and club at Sherborne. 

9 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Spot on match report Dave - have to agree with every word of that. As so often in football it was the goal on the stroke of half-time that was the killer leaving us with a mountain to climb in the second half, especially with having to cope with only 10 men for the first 10 minutes of the second 45 (to be clear, that’s not a complaint from me about the decision - thought the ref was exemplary today). 

Hartpury are a seriously good football team - only their 2nd season in the NLS and I’d bet the house they’ll get a 2nd successive promotion this season. They’ve already got a couple of players who are dual-registered with Step 4 teams and Step 4 may well be where they end up. Their rugby team plays in the Championship so they have the infrastructure. 

With Falmouth losing away, that's the end of the Cornish club's involvement in the Vase for another season (thought that Mousehole could potentially have gone deep into the competition). Am I right in saying that it's the second season in a row that nobody has gone beyond the second round proper?

Laverstock & Ford 2. Falmouth Town 1.

More of the same unfortunately again for Falmouth yesterday.

Laverstock edged the 1st half and Falmouth did well to go in at 0-0 after Ryan Barnes had saved a penalty half-way through the 1st period along with making a couple of excellent further saves.  Falmouth started to get into the game towards the last 20 minutes with Ollie Walker getting a bit of joy down the left flank but there were no serious chances created.

The 2nd half started disastrously for Town as they conceded almost instantly from a breakaway goal which was well taken.  Falmouth then started to dictate things and a series of half-chances from goalmouth scrambles and crosses were spurned. This being said, 70 minutes in and the Laverstock keeper still hadn't needed to make a save. The introduction of Luke Barner from the bench made an instant impact as Town took the game to Laverstock. Town equalised deservedly from a move down the left which was converted from a few yards by Jack Bray-Evans. 

There looked to be only one winner as Town pushed on again. In stoppage time, and with the game looking like going to penalties, a fine move down the right saw a cross launched into the Laverstock box towards two Town players. Unfortunately, they both went for it and the ball ricocheted out of the box and straight to a Laverstock player. Town had committed lots of players forward and a long ball inside the Town left back created a one-on-one.  Town managed to hold the player up, but possession was retained and it ended up with a low shot from the edge of the box beating Ryan Barnes to send Laverstock into the next round.

An even game in fairness but the same combination of not being able to take the chances and conceding late goals has now put Town out of two cup competitions in 4 days as well as positioning them in the lower reaches of the league table. Maybe once Town start scoring, confidence will be up and they will kick on for the rest of the season. There is certainly no shortage of work-rate or application from Falmouth and there can be no blame placed on the players. They are basically a young squad. Gordon-Dunn was excellent at right-back.  Cam Hutchison had one of his best games in centre-mid and James Swan did well in his number 10 role. All around 18 or 19 years old. They will all be better players for the experience.  However, maybe a search for that elusive, much sought after prolific striker should be considered.  No criticism of JBE but sometimes it looks like he could do with a bit of help up there!

13 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not sure I'm convinced on the value of the drumming though! 

Mousehole now have a week to forget this one with no midweek fixture.

As Pondy says the management and players encourage the drumming, it may not be tuneful but it's atmospheric and rousing ...each to their own.

As it stands we currently do have a home midweek match against Buckland Athletic until FA officially announce differently.

Met several neutrals yesterday at Trungle (some who post here) and they stood in the make some noize section in the Solomon Brown Stand and enjoyed the atmosphere 👍😁🥁 ......I think ???

1 hour ago, Drumming Nutter said:

MOUSEHOLE v BUCKLAND ATHLETIC
Les Phillips Cup
THIS TUESDAY (15th)
POSTPONED -
Official (at last!)

Re-arranged Devon County Cup tie v Barnstaple takes priority
(the 2 teams and Devon FA had agreed the date but not let the WL know!)

New date for MAFC v Buckland LPC to be announced later.

Imagine it will be 22/11?

2 hours ago, Drumming Nutter said:

MOUSEHOLE v BUCKLAND ATHLETIC
Les Phillips Cup
THIS TUESDAY (15th)
POSTPONED -
Official (at last!)

Re-arranged Devon County Cup tie v Barnstaple takes priority
(the 2 teams and Devon FA had agreed the date but not let the WL know!)

New date for MAFC v Buckland LPC to be announced later.

Buckland announced it on Wednesday ??

Thank God for that! That’s one hell of a journey to do on a Tuesday night !! Mind you I’m looking forward to visiting the pub around the corner by the church

6 hours ago, Drumming Nutter said:

As Pondy says the management and players encourage the drumming, it may not be tuneful but it's atmospheric and rousing ...each to their own.

As it stands we currently do have a home midweek match against Buckland Athletic until FA officially announce differently.

Met several neutrals yesterday at Trungle (some who post here) and they stood in the make some noize section in the Solomon Brown Stand and enjoyed the atmosphere 👍😁🥁 ......I think ???

Why don't you gather more numbers to join you ? you could then start some chants as well as bang the drum here and there. Its the continual same old noise that the vast majority see as irritating. I was chatting to a couple of your own fans recently and they hate it. I am all for creating an atmosphere at matches with chanting, colour, drums etc as we have done with the F-Troop where we pack 300+ in the Packet End but quite simply your drumming creates no atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Why don't you gather more numbers to join you ? you could then start some chants as well as bang the drum here and there. Its the continual same old noise that the vast majority see as irritating. I was chatting to a couple of your own fans recently and they hate it. I am all for creating an atmosphere at matches with chanting, colour, drums etc as we have done with the F-Troop where we pack 300+ in the Packet End but quite simply your drumming creates no atmosphere.

Yawn

14 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Thanks for the tip .... we will order a ghetto blaster and a Gary Glitter CD .... jobs a guddun :D 

16 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

"Its the continual same old noise that the vast majority see as annoying" could be talking about the f troops self praise. 😂

We have a covered end waiting for you 3 drummer boys next season, behind the goal right opposite our Packet End. You'll enjoy it there ..all 3 of you lol...massive ;) 

That's assuming we're both in the same league next season 😂😂

We do what we do, we don't pretend to be any sort of version of the F-Troop, we welcomed you into our Solomon Browne Stand (and thoroughly enjoyed your company) so are a bit confused why you seem to resent us and think of us as some kind of threat.

End of the day we're all football fans so I hope this vitreole is just banter 👍😁🥁

2 hours ago, Drumming Nutter said:

That's assuming we're both in the same league next season 😂😂

We do what we do, we don't pretend to be any sort of version of the F-Troop, we welcomed you into our Solomon Browne Stand (and thoroughly enjoyed your company) so are a bit confused why you seem to resent us and think of us as some kind of threat.

End of the day we're all football fans so I hope this vitreole is just banter 👍😁🥁

Correct me if im wrong but i suspect you will be in our league next season as winning titles and trophies are not really your thing.

We don't resent you at all, but you kill an atmosphere at a game offering nothing but that constant boring drumming, like i said in an earlier comment... why don't you grow in numbers and offer your team real support. Mousehole only have one covered stand therefore away supporters have no choice but to use the Solomon Brown stand, especially if its raining ! however at Bickland Park we have cover on all sides of the pitch including a large covered area at the Conway rd end opposite the Packet End which gives you and your 2 drummer mates plenty of cover to bang away all on your own, why would you want to be surrounded by 400 F-troop when you have another covered end to bang away and stay dry?. You are nice guys but absolutely kill an atmosphere. Grow in numbers, become the new Mousehole ultras :)  and sing/chant for your team loud and proud then everyone would respect your noise.

6 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Correct me if im wrong but i suspect you will be in our league next season as winning titles and trophies are not really your thing.

We don't resent you at all, but you kill an atmosphere at a game offering nothing but that constant boring drumming, like i said in an earlier comment... why don't you grow in numbers and offer your team real support. Mousehole only have one covered stand therefore away supporters have no choice but to use the Solomon Brown stand, especially if its raining ! however at Bickland Park we have cover on all sides of the pitch including a large covered area at the Conway rd end opposite the Packet End which gives you and your 2 drummer mates plenty of cover to bang away all on your own, why would you want to be surrounded by 400 F-troop when you have another covered end to bang away and stay dry?. You are nice guys but absolutely kill an atmosphere. Grow in numbers, become the new Mousehole ultras :)  and sing/chant for your team loud and proud then everyone would respect your noise.

I like the Mousehole drum, and totally respect it as I'm sure many do. For the population of Mousehole they don't do bad supporter wise and certainly play some decent football which is why they are near the top of the table and you're not, despite all the past trophies 😂

7 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Just to add that you 3 drummers are nice guys and you are obviously free to drum away as you wish as you have found a way of making a lot of noise with only 3 of you. Some people may like it but because its the same loud beat continuously throughout the game some find it really irritating. From my point of view for what its worth is unlike Trungle Park where you have just 1 covered end at Bickland Park you have 2 covered areas that are free for you to beat the crap out of your drums lol.

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

I like the Mousehole drum, and totally respect it as I'm sure many do. For the population of Mousehole they don't do bad supporter wise and certainly play some decent football which is why they are near the top of the table and you're not, despite all the past trophies 😂

Very true Mr Silly billy, our results have nowhere near matched our performances but things can change very quickly and we are very confident our fortunes will change for the better. UTT

40 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Just to add that you 3 drummers are nice guys and you are obviously free to drum away as you wish as you have found a way of making a lot of noise with only 3 of you. Some people may like it but because its the same loud beat continuously throughout the game some find it really irritating. From my point of view for what its worth is unlike Trungle Park where you have just 1 covered end at Bickland Park you have 2 covered areas that are free for you to beat the crap out of your drums lol.

Very true Mr Silly billy, our results have nowhere near matched our performances but things can change very quickly and we are very confident our fortunes will change for the better. UTT

You may have more covered stands, but at least Mousehole have a pa system that can be heard, even over the mighty ftroop singing the same chants over and over again.

Also you are correct about the performances not matching your results, you've been lucky to win anything 😁

Hey Jeff thank you for recognising that we are "nice guys" ....we were asked to try and generate a bit of atmosphere, and we would love some help from fellow Mousehole fans but sadly its not forth-coming, much to our disappointment, but we continue on with our same old shit, and the players really do feel it stirs them up. 

We do have 2 covered areas at Trungle (other is by the club house on the half way line), but we would very much prefer to share our end with visitors as social banter is an essential part of the lower league game. Likewise we would again love to join in the frolics and banter in the Falmouth Packet End, but if the F-Troop deem our company as a wind-up, we of cause would respect that and do our thing elsewhere. (Would much rather prefer to be part of the atmosphere in the Packet End in reality though).

Agree that Falmouth are under achieving, and looks like the wheels have fallen of the Mousehole bus over the last fortnight, but we still hold strong hopes that we may just scrape promotion. (fingers & toes crossed). 

Up the 'hole 

Mousehole AFC Sept 22.PNG

6 hours ago, Drumming Nutter said:

Hey Jeff thank you for recognising that we are "nice guys" ....we were asked to try and generate a bit of atmosphere, and we would love some help from fellow Mousehole fans but sadly its not forth-coming, much to our disappointment, but we continue on with our same old shit, and the players really do feel it stirs them up. 

We do have 2 covered areas at Trungle (other is by the club house on the half way line), but we would very much prefer to share our end with visitors as social banter is an essential part of the lower league game. Likewise we would again love to join in the frolics and banter in the Falmouth Packet End, but if the F-Troop deem our company as a wind-up, we of cause would respect that and do our thing elsewhere. (Would much rather prefer to be part of the atmosphere in the Packet End in reality though).

Agree that Falmouth are under achieving, and looks like the wheels have fallen of the Mousehole bus over the last fortnight, but we still hold strong hopes that we may just scrape promotion. (fingers & toes crossed). 

Up the 'hole 

Mousehole AFC Sept 22.PNG

Fair comment Drummer, See you next season. UTT.

7 hours ago, silly billy said:

You may have more covered stands, but at least Mousehole have a pa system that can be heard, even over the mighty ftroop singing the same chants over and over again.

Also you are correct about the performances not matching your results, you've been lucky to win anything 😁

Same chants over and over again lol. Oh dear... We have an ever increasing chant list of around 30-40 chants and if you come up and introduce yourself ill teach you the lyrics myself. Keep it coming silly billy.. you're envy is beautiful. UTT 

2 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Fair comment Drummer, See you next season. UTT.

Same chants over and over again lol. Oh dear... We have an ever increasing chant list of around 30-40 chants and if you come up and introduce yourself ill teach you the lyrics myself. Keep it coming silly billy.. you're envy is beautiful. UTT 

You'll be on top of the pops next, chanting away. UTT