Bovey Tracey                     6-0              Dartmouth

Elmore                                0-0              Honiton Town

Ivybridge Town                 3-2           Newton Abbot Spurs

Torrington                           2-0             Holsworthy

WEST

St Dennis                          1-4              Newquay

Wadebridge Town           2-0           Callington Town

Wendron United              2-3              St Blazey

I've read River Allen will leave this week, next week, next month, Christmas, who nos, but he's given us supporters this moment and what a moment to take all three points. A great game to watch at times. I thought Wendron had deserved a point and we had lacked chances during the second half after having so many in the first half. Then this happened. 💚🖤

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - WEDNESDAY AUGUST 31 2022
4 hours ago, Yourhavingalaugh said:

Game of the evening at Wendron tonight, and due to the excellent weather its likely to draw a good crowd. First proper test for St Blazey  this season.

Blazey duly won it 2-3 thanks to a wonder goal from River Allen in added time. Strange performance from the most talked about player on the Forum - had a solid first half but barely touched the ball in the second until he stepped up and won the game single handed. Lots of speculation on here about what he’s on per game, but whatever it is he earned it tonight in that single moment of brilliance. 

WADEBRIDGE   (1)  2         Lloyd 4’   Strike 66’

CALLINGTON  (0)  0

ATT:  103

Wadebridge got their uncharacteristically flat performance in the Vase at the weekend out of their system as early as the 4th minute when Jack Rapsey robbed the ball off Lee Rundle to slip in Matt Lloyd and as he was being fouled he managed to keep his balance and cleverly toe poke the ball past the wrong footed Paul Thompson in the away goal. The hosts almost doubled their lead in the 28th minute when a good run from Jacob Smale saw him cross to the far post for new signing Tom Harris to head over from 4 yards. A Callington corner in the 37th minute almost brought an equaliser but after a great near post run Lewis Phillips could only divert the ball wide. A couple of minutes later saw a sharp shot on the turn by Jack Tribble beaten away by home keeper Rob Rosevear. Five minutes before the break Smale broke free on the left but his low shot was kept out by the foot of Thompson. 

Bentley Alcantara  shot over for the visitors from a decent position after 53’ and at the other end Lloyd lofted a cross come shot back into the area which came back off the far post. The 59th minute saw Morgan Vallejo play Rapsey through but he was dragged down by the shirt by Sam Rutter for a penalty. Rapsey got up to take the pen himself but went for power instead of placement and Thompson dived to his right to make a great save with his legs. 6 minutes later the Bridgers did go 2 up when a Vallejo corner was headed back across goal by centre half Jack Carron and as Thompson went for the punch he was out jumped by Rapsey who got enough on the ball to see it drop to busy captain Tom Strike who blasted the ball home from 6 yards. 

The game capitulated for the visitors in the 70th minute when they had 2 players sin binned for dissent towards the referee but withstood the home pressure, as Vallejo volleyed wide and Rapsey’s near post flick after good work by Lloyd was saved by the busy Thompson. Another sin bin 7 minutes later again for dissent presumably saw Cally actually reduced to 8 men for about 3 minutes in which remarkably Alcantara managed to get a shot on target easily gathered by Rosevear. Nobody can question Callys commitment but maybe slightly over zealous on occasions which saw substitute Liam Parnell sent off in the 89th minute by referee Mr Shaun Edge who was having a busy last 20 minutes. The game probably ended at the right time with it reaching boiling point by now and Cally assistant manager and my old Cornwall team mate Paul Edwards (what a rolls Royce right back by the way) keeping his players out on the pitch at the final whistle expressing his disappointment at his players late lack of discipline costing them any chance of getting back into the match. I think that was what Eddie was saying anyway!? I didn’t want to be too nosey! 🤥

Pretty sure Callington are in a false league position this evening down in 13th, watched them draw at Liskeard on the seasons opening night, and looking the better side at Dobwalls last week drawing 2-2 and on top before 2 red cards saw them lose 2-3 in the end. Better times to come I think for them. As for the Bridgers this win takes them up to 4th which is where they and many other teams want to be, with on paper a better run of fixtures to come after a really difficult start to the season which has seen them do well to take 12 pts from a possible 18 with trips to Blazey, Liskeard and St.Austell all out of the way already. 

10 hours ago, GaryHocking said:

Blazey duly won it 2-3 thanks to a wonder goal from River Allen in added time. Strange performance from the most talked about player on the Forum - had a solid first half but barely touched the ball in the second until he stepped up and won the game single handed. Lots of speculation on here about what he’s on per game, but whatever it is he earned it tonight in that single moment of brilliance. 

You earn money with effort 1st

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

More red cards more bad language sounds like nothing learned at all. Sure someone will blame the ref.  

And people will still be surprised. After the messages and emails that the fa has sent out you'd think they'd take note it appears that only the referees have taken note and taking retrospective action so well done refs teams will learn the hard way or they won't learn at all 

11 hours ago, Paul said:

I've read River Allen will leave this week, next week, next month, Christmas, who nos, but he's given us supporters this moment and what a moment to take all three points. A great game to watch at times. I thought Wendron had deserved a point and we had lacked chances during the second half after having so many in the first half. Then this happened. 💚🖤

Outfield player in goal?

someone needs to tell him, when he wears the gloves, he can use his hands 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, mutant35 said:

Outfield player in goal?

someone needs to tell him, when he wears the gloves, he can use his hands 🤦‍♂️

Presumably you mean the ball that came into the box just before? I must admit I did wonder why he didn't catch it. However, he had no chance with the goal. A brilliant piece of skill from River Allen, who I have to say in the 3 games I've watched him this season, he's always looking to catch the keeper off his line! 

Watched this one. 

A game of a thousand passes! Decent ones too, nothing really between the teams until the winning goal...superb and fully executed lob from 40 yards?

Not bad to watch with all the passing, both sides getting short periods of dominance and probably a draw would have been fair. 

Must comment on the pitch, best I've ever seen it and it played perfectly,  not a bobble in the 90 odd minutes...well done from me on that one.

Excellent refereeing and lino work.

Enjoyed  the night all round.

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Watched this one. 

A game of a thousand passes! Decent ones too, nothing really between the teams until the winning goal...superb and fully executed lob from 40 yards?

Not bad to watch with all the passing, both sides getting short periods of dominance and probably a draw would have been fair. 

Must comment on the pitch, best I've ever seen it and it played perfectly,  not a bobble in the 90 odd minutes...well done from me on that one.

Excellent refereeing and lino work.

Enjoyed  the night all round.

Is Phil lafetry the st blazy manager?

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Presumably you mean the ball that came into the box just before? I must admit I did wonder why he didn't catch it. However, he had no chance with the goal. A brilliant piece of skill from River Allen, who I have to say in the 3 games I've watched him this season, he's always looking to catch the keeper off his line! 

Could’ve told us that before the game Dave! 

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

The best thing was that a st blazey fan disagreed with me, when I said River Allen is on some money, he refused to believe it and said blazey don’t pay. 

watched the game last night and it was a decent end to end game by both sides finished by a class goal to win the game 

7 hours ago, BrummyBarry said:

Is Phil lafetry the st blazy manager?

Mr Lafferty was managing from the other side of the pitch last night. The usual sleighting and bating of the beleaguered linesman. Although to be fair, it was only on a few occasions and not all game. Watching him though, you could see he would like to have said more!

As previously mentioned on here, an even game decided on a moment of pure class from River Allen. Worth the fiver for that goal alone!

Both sides top 3 potentially although haven't seen Wadebridge or Bude yet who could pip Wendron on current form.