Cornwall Football Forum

Southern League Premier Division South 2022/23

Composition released for the Southern League Premier Division South 2022/23.

Premier Division South

Beaconsfield Town
BRACKNELL TOWN
Chesham United
Dorchester Town
Gosport Borough
HANWELL TOWN
Harrow Borough
Hartley Wintney
Hayes & Yeading United
Hendon
Metropolitan Police
North Leigh
Plymouth Parkway
Poole Town
Salisbury
Swindon Supermarine
Tiverton Town
Truro City
Walton Casuals
Weston-super-Mare
Winchester City
Yate Town

CAPITAL letters are clubs switched from the Isthmian League.

The travelling for Plymouth Parkway goes up another notch with seven trips to the Greater London area next season which, when combined with Truro City matches, gives me potentially fourteen matches that are a bus/tube/train ride away.

34 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

The travelling for Plymouth Parkway goes up another notch with seven trips to the Greater London area next season which, when combined with Truro City matches, gives me potentially fourteen matches that are a bus/tube/train ride away.

That’s good for yourself. Must admit I’ve enjoyed London clubs coming to Taunton, with the occasional away trip in the other direction, as well as Dulwich and Hampton in the FA Trophy last season at Parkway.

Not everybody’s preference and it all comes about because, once you start counting out clubs from Cornwall upwards, you’re still short of the required number when you reach the M5.

Six short next season - I’m guessing your seventh trip is on the Metropolitan to Chesham? It’s a harsh divide for those within the M25 which is only going to be ended by a pretty freakish combination of promotions and relegations that produces more step 3 clubs between Cornwall and the M25. 

There’s a little map thanks again to Non League Matters as to how London splits. Southern to the west; Isthmian to the east:

7WPY9b1AMkJxPvKeBhDOVtWOhivBEmjCrknz5sWNVfnN6exfazmylL_9qLdE6vcprvptVlb47xl97Li5sdr7ibgMZN_7zbiwqLtc9nuImQ8Uz3xUCZfnhVsBZl2-UR_TrTeXQJRyezrjEpIvDw

27 minutes ago, Easterfield said:

That’s good for yourself. Must admit I’ve enjoyed London clubs coming to Taunton, with the occasional away trip in the other direction, as well as Dulwich and Hampton in the FA Trophy last season at Parkway.

Not everybody’s preference and it all comes about because, once you start counting out clubs from Cornwall upwards, you’re still short of the required number when you reach the M5.

Six short next season - I’m guessing your seventh trip is on the Metropolitan to Chesham? It’s a harsh divide for those within the M25 which is only going to be ended by a pretty freakish combination of promotions and relegations that produces more step 3 clubs between Cornwall and the M25. 

There’s a little map thanks again to Non League Matters as to how London splits. Southern to the west; Isthmian to the east:

7WPY9b1AMkJxPvKeBhDOVtWOhivBEmjCrknz5sWNVfnN6exfazmylL_9qLdE6vcprvptVlb47xl97Li5sdr7ibgMZN_7zbiwqLtc9nuImQ8Uz3xUCZfnhVsBZl2-UR_TrTeXQJRyezrjEpIvDw

Yes, a nice jaunt out to suburban Hertfordshire on the Metropolitan Line.

Hanwell Town appear to be losers here. Based at Greenford in NW London (and on the Central Line) they've been switched from the Isthmian Premier (which is very much East London, Essex, Home Counties and South Coast dominated) to the Southern South Prem, which involves journeys down to the South West. 

Remember last season the likes of Dulwich, Chesham, Harrow, Hayes, Met Police and Walton not enjoying their trips to Bolitho from the London area for matches against Parkway and Truro.

21 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Hanwell Town appear to be losers here. Based at Greenford in NW London (and on the Central Line) they've been switched from the Isthmian Premier (which is very much East London, Essex, Home Counties and South Coast dominated) to the Southern South Prem, which involves journeys down to the South West. 

Some years back I saw Taunton Town play at Hanwell at step 4 and, when I checked Richard Rundle's site, I noticed it was the only year Hanwell had been in such a league that stretched so far south and west (even though the focus was far more to the east than now).

It didn't end well for Hanwell. They finished 21st of 22:   https://fchd.info/lghist/south2007.htm Nor have they done too well when pushed northwards. 

• 2 weeks later...