Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS: BRISLINGTON V HELSTON ATHLETIC

Piran

I’m not sure Steve Massey done him self much favours screaming on the sidelines next to the bloke filming. 
he literally spent the entire game ripping his players bowker  the most for being lazy etc yet he looked the most lively and creative out of the other 2 strikers combined. Matt wright just jogging and walking  around  and he said nothing  

still good win in the end. The goal keeper can’t be happy for Briskington way he flapped at that cross.  

10 minutes ago, FutureGK said:

“Bowkers Lazy”

“Jewell is a pipe cleaner “

and the keepers “left foot is shit “

🤯

candid commentary from Massey 

That’s the general motivation you tend to get from Steve Massey. Stand near their dugout & you will hear comments like that every game. 
No one is at Helston for the love of Steve Massey or the love of Helston football club, but deep down, we have all known that for the last 4 years.

28 minutes ago, kevin richards said:

That’s the general motivation you tend to get from Steve Massey. Stand near their dugout & you will hear comments like that every game. 
No one is at Helston for the love of Steve Massey or the love of Helston football club, but deep down, we have all known that for the last 4 years.

Carefull kev you'll  be upsetting le boss. 😁🤣😂

Listen guys, I’m under no illusion’s here. I’ve been at Porthleven when the cheque books have been out & players have come down from Plymouth & been on the train back by half 5.

Whats happening at Helston is nothing new, but let’s not kid ourselves that these guys are there for the long haul. & don’t think that Helston fc will cease to exist when Steve decides to put the cheque book away & leave. 
There is a lot of good people in there who will make sure Helston fc outlives us all.

1 minute ago, NTforever said:

And the bleeping out of the comments on the new signing Orlando :( Is it any wonder they wanted him out of the dugout?

To be fair that Orlando does look the sort of player that make you swear in frustration at he won’t start many games.  Not someone you want in the trenches trying to dig in . Good player to Chuck on in 80 min with tired legs about it.  . 
does look like Steve trying to take a back seat role. But is this what he going to become a YouTube highlights co commentator ?  
like you say he had to stay involved or 3/4 of that team will be off 

1 hour ago, mattelot said:

Carefull kev you'll  be upsetting le boss. 😁🤣😂

Standard M.O for Kev to undermine a present manager then sneak in the back door on his white charger. Thankfully Helston is a club that know all about him and wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. 
Not a fan of a manager shouting and swearing at his players in the open but I’m sure they’re all big boys and it is a result business so who is anyone to knock it. At least it gives you Helston knockers something to bang on about. 

40 minutes ago, le boss said:

Standard M.O for Kev to undermine a present manager then sneak in the back door on his white charger. Thankfully Helston is a club that know all about him and wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. 
Not a fan of a manager shouting and swearing at his players in the open but I’m sure they’re all big boys and it is a result business so who is anyone to knock it. At least it gives you Helston knockers something to bang on about. 

Retired like you now Bash & I wouldn’t swap my managerial record for yours bud.  

Youve made this personal now Bash, so I won’t be answering you anymore. 👍🏼

1 hour ago, le boss said:

Take your blinkers off for Christ sake.  Massey showing himself up for what he is in this latest video and that’s a mindless imbecile who hasn’t got a clue! No wonder he doesn’t win anything 

and yet again Piran films using their reach to attack officials. Highlighting the position of linesman in first half with Mental Massey shouting and balling 

12 minutes ago, The Observer__ said:

Take your blinkers off for Christ sake.  Massey showing himself up for what he is in this latest video and that’s a mindless imbecile who hasn’t got a clue! No wonder he doesn’t he win anything 

and yet again Piran films using their reach to attack officials. Highlighting the position of linesman in first half with Mental Massey shouting and balling 

You’ve clearly been wronged in a previous life. Watch the blood pressure old son😂😂😂

16 minutes ago, The Observer__ said:

Take your blinkers off for Christ sake.  Massey showing himself up for what he is in this latest video and that’s a mindless imbecile who hasn’t got a clue! No wonder he doesn’t win anything 

You can’t question his commitment tho. He must be spending a few grand per game. The wage bill must be huge. Matt wright alone must be a hefty amount. 

I feel I need to make a few observations re. the recent edit, having read the above comments. I am not one to shy away from these things.

In the absence of a commentator I was left with the choice of cutting the highlights to non copyright music or do another video with Steve Massey mic-ED up. We did this both at Keynsham and Wellington. I went with the latter because it was more of a creative challenge. I have always found comedic value when Steve is alongside me. Some might say that it is a risky strategy and they would be right. You never know quite what you are going to get. With Steve's brother a past Wembley FA Cup final assistant referee and an FA mentor, Steve's attention will naturally be drawn to the officials' performances. Should he remain silent in this area or make observations? I understand that a number of SW referees' associations use clips from my Piran Films footage in their training and refresher courses. I will always provide full match footage to referees who ask for it.

Others might say that Steve gets carried away with his excitement and passion. We are both "old school" and used to being "criticised verbally and praised" from the touchline dug-outs. One person's cheap laugh is another's comedic value. I subscribe to the latter. And without divulging any secrets, the Helston players on the What's App group chat, loved Steve's quips and chuckled throughout the video highlights.

One ex. SW Peninsular League manager and eminent FA coach told me that it was evident in the players who played under Steve, how much they were playing to please their manager and enjoyed being part of the Helston Athletic family.

I will continue to bring you the best and most enjoyable edited highlights I can produce - with or without commentary - for as long as I am affiliated to the club.

6 minutes ago, Piran said:

I feel I need to make a few observations re. the recent edit, having read the above comments. I am not one to shy away from these things.

In the absence of a commentator I was left with the choice of cutting the highlights to non copyright music or do another video with Steve Massey mic-ED up. We did this both at Keynsham and Wellington. I went with the latter because it was more of a creative challenge. I have always found comedic value when Steve is alongside me. Some might say that it is a risky strategy and they would be right. You never know quite what you are going to get. With Steve's brother a past Wembley FA Cup final assistant referee and an FA mentor, Steve's attention will naturally be drawn to the officials' performances. Should he remain silent in this area or make observations? I understand that a number of SW referees' associations use clips from my Piran Films footage in their training and refresher courses. I will always provide full match footage to referees who ask for it.

Others might say that Steve gets carried away with his excitement and passion. We are both "old school" and used to being "criticised verbally and praised" from the touchline dug-outs. One person's cheap laugh is another's comedic value. I subscribe to the latter. And without divulging any secrets, the Helston players on the What's App group chat, loved Steve's quips and chuckled throughout the video highlights.

One ex. SW Peninsular League manager and eminent FA coach told me that it was evident in the players who played under Steve, how much they were playing to please their manager and enjoyed being part of the Helston Athletic family.

I will continue to bring you the best and most enjoyable edited highlights I can produce - with or without commentary - for as long as I am affiliated to the club.

Your highlights videos are by far the best around.. Regular.. Unlike some... Controversial at times....... You try out different things eg different commentators or Steve Massey being miked up..... Not always just a promotional tool to make club look good..... But always making Piran films and Helston FC a watchable and interesting product.... Even the haters are seemingly glued

13 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

Your highlights videos are by far the best around.. Regular.. Unlike some... Controversial at times....... You try out different things eg different commentators or Steve Massey being miked up..... Not always just a promotional tool to make club look good..... But always making Piran films and Helston FC a watchable and interesting product.... Even the haters are seemingly glued

Thank you Footy follower for your kind comments. Much appreciated.

28 minutes ago, Piran said:

I can confirm this is true! I like many of the lads have had a very good laugh at those highlights and if you think the gaffa is being too harsh on some of us, I dread to think what you’d say if you heard some of the things my previous managers would say to me if I made mistake! Guess the game has changed a lot lol 😂 as a player I’ve seen how hurt and low the gaffa has been after some results this season he lives and breathes football and me and the boys are determined to give him something to celebrate this season! It might not happen but it won’t be for the want of trying 💙

5 minutes ago, Stu B said:

I can confirm this is true! I like many of the lads have had a very good laugh at those highlights and if you think the gaffa is being too harsh on some of us, I dread to think what you’d say if you heard some of the things my previous managers would say to me if I made mistake! Guess the game has changed a lot lol 😂 as a player I’ve seen how hurt and low the gaffa has been after some results this season he lives and breathes football and me and the boys are determined to give him something to celebrate this season! It might not happen but it won’t be for the want of trying 💙

Love the club do you ? 

To be fair it definitely puts the club on the map. You hardly see anything of Saltash , milbrook , mousehole on highlights or video . 
 I’m sure if you had the commentary of saltAsh and Dane  or even Bodmin and Darren every week they bee high topics of conversation and entertainment on here . 
it’s they way it is now Social media.is a massive tool for clubs  

my point was more Steve was actually being more harsh on stu when other bigger names  where far more lazy  because he knows  stu will laugh it off and he knows it make good subject get people talking. 

ive said before the highlights are great and parkway are worse off for getting rid of theirs so keep up the good work and highlights 

1 hour ago, The Observer__ said:

Love the club do you ? 

Actually yeah I do and I wish I’d joined when mass asked me the first time and I regret not doing it! I love mass, the club has been so welcoming to me and my family from Paul and sandra to Geoff who comes with us on match days! not to mention the backing and affection I’ve had from our youth section which I’ve gone down to watch in my own spare time! So before you think it’s all about money it ain’t! I have quite good job many thanks for your input though 👍🏻