Cornwall Football Forum

How is it allowed?

le boss

4 minutes ago, Lannowethian said:

Hardly in Mousehole’s interest to postpone these games - they’re already four games behind, and will now have huge congestion issues later in the season. Also, it’s the league that takes the decision whether the game is cancelled, not the club.

League will only make decision with facts they’re given tho. Mousehole want to be a full strength to increase their chances no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, FutureGK said:

Didn’t Helston reserves postpone a St Pirans game due to Covid earlier in the season with 71 registered players 🤔

It’s about the “leagues” making the right choices during a global pandemic ..

Phil Hiscox explained it really well during a recent podcast …

Don’t know the answer but two wrongs don’t make a right. Depends what forms were signed maybe? No problem with the right choice if it really is the right choice. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

They didn’t play last week either did they?

Played a team near the bottom tho didn’t they? 

8 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Let’s be fair nothing out of Helston Athletic FC

You would think the club/manager would get control of those who represent them then instead of coming across like a bunch of classless animals fresh out of the zoo. 

Some of the rubbish being spouted is totally disrespectful. 

2 minutes ago, The Observer__ said:

Why can’t you just accept that they have 5/6 covid cases.  That’s a satisfactory amount in my opinion to warrant a cancellation 

Because it doesn’t take a clever observer to smell a rat given all the other bits of info. But if it’s your opinion that is the only thing that counts then so be it. Merry Christmas to you. 

Mousehole currently on a great run of form, Helston currently stumbling slightly and with Bowker suspended, Mousehole already 4 games behind Tavistock. I’m struggling to see why Mousehole would invent an excuse to postpone these two games. Hey ho. 

Nevertheless, my very best Christmas wishes to all supporters of Mousehole, Helston and every / any other Cornish team. I shall now be making my way up to Kimberley instead of Kellaway tomorrow, and look forward to Mousehole’s eventual fixture at Helston (and you never know, by the time it gets rescheduled it might just be the decider for 2nd place). 

Well done to Mousehole Fc for putting the health of people first.

I don’t think Helston fc have done themselves any favours in gaining public popularity from their sarcastic Twitter post about thousands pounds of stock left in the clubhouse now. Not very respectful to the covid 19 pandemic. 

5 hours ago, Lannowethian said:

Mousehole currently on a great run of form, Helston currently stumbling slightly and with Bowker suspended, Mousehole already 4 games behind Tavistock. I’m struggling to see why Mousehole would invent an excuse to postpone these two games. Hey ho. 

Nevertheless, my very best Christmas wishes to all supporters of Mousehole, Helston and every / any other Cornish team. I shall now be making my way up to Kimberley instead of Kellaway tomorrow, and look forward to Mousehole’s eventual fixture at Helston (and you never know, by the time it gets rescheduled it might just be the decider for 2nd place). 

I’m not suspended 😉😉 never was 😉😉

Guys - it would of been a great festive match, but the league will have made the decision to accept the postponement and are probably one of the few with the actual facts - Phil Hiscocks tweet (I know not the same league but same rules) - is very telling. Two great local teams and I hope both continue to fly the Cornish flag and their players / staff / volunteers and supporters stay safe. The game will hopefully still take place - leave the talking to the football pitch and have a great Xmas.