Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay manager McKELLER leaves club

Been reading about Tony McKeller leaving as Newquay manager due to work commitments ,as you know i watch Newquay regulary and they have been playing some great football and are a match for anyone in the league when they are on form.Looking forward to going to a ground to  watch a decent match ,Hopefully at Godolphin or NEWQUAY but anywhere really but St Blazey will be my main destination but i may pop up anywhere with my trusty sidekick Smokie dog.See your all at a ground before long hopefully .

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Been reading about Tony McKeller leaving as Newquay manager due to work commitments ,as you know i watch Newquay regulary and they have been playing some great football and are a match for anyone in the league when they are on form.Looking forward to going to a ground to  watch a decent match ,Hopefully at Godolphin or NEWQUAY but anywhere really but St Blazey will be my main destination but i may pop up anywhere with my trusty sidekick Smokie dog.See your all at a ground before long hopefully .

Hopefully that covid cup they are on about will provide some entertainment.

I was posting about a proposed COVID Cup a month ago, and I got an instant rebuke from Older for the thoroughly unpleasant name. So now I’m proposing they call it the Theolderigetthebetteriwas Interesting Cup, only they won’t be able to afford a big enough Cup to get all the letters on!

20 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Back on topic, as long as the players stick around, this could be a great managerial job for somebody. From what I have read previously on here, lots of work going on behind the scenes on ground and clubhouse by new faces that are getting involved. There were some positive things on the field  with just a bit more consistency required (usual issues with getting a settled side out hasn't helped). One of the sleeping giants of Cornish football with a lot of potential.

13 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Have heard they have already got the manager lined up someone who is already there i better not say who i have heard it is but i had never heard of him but i think he played for Godolphin

Jim Hilton wouldn’t be suprised to see him back. Top manager, coach and bloke. Proper Newquay bloke. Local connections and will bring the young players on.