Cornwall Football Forum

Cornish Clubs That Have Moved Grounds

With Treyew Road being no more, Truro City will become the latest Cornish club to move grounds (to where, and when will all become clear in time). Just wondering how many other Cornish senior clubs have changed their home ground. I can only think of Falmouth Town when they moved from Union Corner to Bickland Park, but there must be more.

44 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

With Treyew Road being no more, Truro City will become the latest Cornish club to move grounds (to where, and when will all become clear in time). Just wondering how many other Cornish senior clubs have changed their home ground. I can only think of Falmouth Town when they moved from Union Corner to Bickland Park, but there must be more.

Falmouth moved from Ashfield at Ponsharden to Union Corner when an oil company wanted to build storage there. The money Falmouth got helped build Bickland Park and Union Corner was their temporary home.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 13/02/2021 at 15:28, isaac rosenberg said:

St Just moved to Lafrowda in 1954, having previously played off Cape Road on hand now used by Cape Cornwall School. Have also seen earlier photograph suggesting play on a field off South Place, now built on. I understand that when we started in 1894 we played on a field behind The Gews.

The thread said senior clubs Isaac!!!

On 02/02/2021 at 08:09, Dave Deacon said:

A road widening scheme meant they couldn’t play there temporarily . Dropped down into the Cornwall Combination for three seasons!

My father remembers that fondly, as Trevor Salisbury came back for one match (I was told that City didn't have money to pay their players, so they left). 

The club moved to Kenwyn Hill. The pitch was slanted. Apparently it was mostly open, and that there was hardly any shelter from the rain up there. 

My father was living "up country" when Treyew Road re-opened. He missed the opening match with Spurs.

Thinking about missing that match now, still "grinds his gears".

(If we've got anything wrong/mixed up, I'm sure somone will correct us. ^^)