Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay on way back?

1 hour ago, le boss said:

Can they just rejoin or do they have to qualify thru the junior leagues first?

They can apply to fill one of the vacancies left by clubs moving to the St Piran League Bash.  Also heard that Sticker may be looking to do the same.  If they do it helps no end with the restructuring numbers, Combo would (as we stand today) lose 8 but gain those 2 plus 2 promotees from Trelawny plus a.n.other to make up to 16.  It helps the ECPL reduce their numbers to go down to one division and it reduces the impact on Trelawny.  Wins all round really.

1 hour ago, Steve Carpenter said:

They can apply to fill one of the vacancies left by clubs moving to the St Piran League Bash.  Also heard that Sticker may be looking to do the same.  If they do it helps no end with the restructuring numbers, Combo would (as we stand today) lose 8 but gain those 2 plus 2 promotees from Trelawny plus a.n.other to make up to 16.  It helps the ECPL reduce their numbers to go down to one division and it reduces the impact on Trelawny.  Wins all round really.

Oh I see. Got a feeling that there may be some who cry "favouritism" for not having to qualify as other have done previously. Also a rumour that Truro want some more teams under their banner and given how the CCFA feel about the club and the way it was felt they ran roughshod over the CCFA, could be interesting times ahead. 

1 hour ago, Jason Prynne said:

Probus tried for a number of seasons to go across to the combo but got refused hence pulled out of the duchy then the east cornwall & are now making there way up the trelawny leagues to finally get in the combo hopefully in the near future or I believe that was the idea anyway!? 

We did talk about this for a number of years but we only seriously applied once and the manager and I did attend the AGM hoping to transfer across from the ECPL, but we weren't able to as the Combo was full at that stage. It looks like there could potentially be vacancies this year though. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Newquay going to be relegated from the combo so took a sideways step to east Cornwall, instead of dropping into the trelawny league. They have struggled in the east Cornwall and now want to jump back across to the combo.

Fair play thats some great chess style moves to avoid dropping into "junior" football.

3 hours ago, Keith B said:

Where ever Newquay 2nds go, best of luck to them. Newquay FC, whether we're talking about the first or second team, are a great football club and they have turned out some good players over the years. Great ground, nice people - again best wishes to them.

Surely any team that wants to play and strives to survive, should be supported, helped and encouraged.

Great football club.

Poor team.

22 hours ago, le boss said:

Oh I see. Got a feeling that there may be some who cry "favouritism" for not having to qualify as other have done previously. Also a rumour that Truro want some more teams under their banner and given how the CCFA feel about the club and the way it was felt they ran roughshod over the CCFA, could be interesting times ahead. 

The CCFA has no particular feelings for Truro City one way or the other, they were promoted above our jurisdiction several season's ago.