Cornwall Football Forum

DEREK ADAMS HAS TO GO

I have always had Plymouth Argyle in my heart i was a season ticket holder for over 30 years i even went up to watch the Combination games ,but i stopped going severl years ago for 2 reasons really i use to love going up there taking photos and putting them in my albums but on 1 ocassion a steward took my camera and rippe the film out before i had digital but what put me off going up was when Argyle resigned the drink driver goalie who killed 2 boys i decided to stop going from that day and havnt been up since .i always look for Plymouths results and they are not good lately and Adams has got to go and replaced by Torquays Gary Johnson hes got more go in him than Adams ,the team is sliding down the league the players are not good enough .Get Adams out . I will stick to watching local football i enjoy it more and meet some lovely people on my travels .

If you don’t or won’t go how can you say Adams must go. Argyle is run on a shoe string and with a long contract there is no way that we can afford to let him go. Don’t forget he is in charge of all football and the signs are looking better, granted he does not give youth much of a chance. It is very short sighted and easy to say get rid of the manager but to bring up the old chestnut “ how long was Ferguson in charge of United before they made real progress “

They can go and spend all that money on a new grandstand when they should of invested in better players .I wouldnt waste my money going up to watch the crap they are dealing out at the moment they are ripping the fans off with abyssmal displays .I will live with my memories when pLymouth where a force to be reckoned with at Fortress Home Park what Plymouth had then when i use to go up was lots of local lads who where proud to wear the green shirt of Argyle Good Old DAYS . My opinion is they have 1 really class player in Graham Carey  ,but Lapado cant be bad with the goals hes scored havnt seen him play only on tv but he looks good .Hope they do stay up and  rebuild for next season and have a better season than this .

YES Mariner and Rafferty best  double act ever at Home Park brilliant strikers only had 1 decent striker since then in Tommy Tynan  ,Mariner went on to play for England after Pymouth sold him to Ipswich at got 2 donkeys from Ipswich in the shape of Terry Austin and John Peddely both where crap . Mariner went on to play for Arsenal and England hes still a legend

17 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

YES Mariner and Rafferty best  double act ever at Home Park brilliant strikers only had 1 decent striker since then in Tommy Tynan  ,Mariner went on to play for England after Pymouth sold him to Ipswich at got 2 donkeys from Ipswich in the shape of Terry Austin and John Peddely both where crap . Mariner went on to play for Arsenal and England hes still a legend

John Peddelty.

I like Derek Adams.  Very honest manager.

The club has overspent in recent years and the completion of the grandstand is long overdue.  If they had brought in players and taken promotion it would still be a pretty much three sided ground. Hopefully they can hold on then build for next season. 

Worse case scenario is home and away fixtures with the enemy next season.

A 5-1 defeat away to Accrington must signal the end of Adams as a manager his signings have been so poor .I would like to see Gary Johnson as the manager he has such a good record and has a great sense of humour as well .If Johnson isnt given the job the legend which is Paul Wotton would be a good choice hes a local lad and the fans love him . P45 FOR ADAMS TMMRW I THINK

23 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

A 5-1 defeat away to Accrington must signal the end of Adams as a manager his signings have been so poor .I would like to see Gary Johnson as the manager he has such a good record and has a great sense of humour as well .If Johnson isnt given the job the legend which is Paul Wotton would be a good choice hes a local lad and the fans love him . P45 FOR ADAMS TMMRW I THINK

Adams and Wotton have both been relieved of their duties so it won't be Wotton in charge.

18 hours ago, Ron Manager said:

Massive game for Argyle fans next week now, both argyle and scunthorpe need a win to have any hope ofsurvival and hope southend lose against Sunderland. Fingernails will be down to the bone!

Tense weekend in the Carpenter household with both sons and a grandson amongst the home support with me, hopefully one of my brothers and other family in the away end.  Any outcome's possible the way both teams are playing at the moment.

Not quite the situation I was hoping for when I got my ticket 3 weeks ago!☹

So Adams has gone  but dont think Paul Wotton should of been sacked as well ,i would like to see Plymouth get Torquays manager Gary Johnson or i know its wishful thinking but Neil Warnock who has stated he would be retiring this year maybe he would like 1 ast year in management at Pymouth and get them up if they are relegated ,hope not

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I am going to say Neil Warnock will be the new manager he has stated he will have 1 more year in football then retire so it would be nice if had his last 12 months in football at Home Park and get them promoted

Good shout 100% but have Argyle got the financial resources to appoint such a high profile manager. Being realistic I would say Gary Johnson would be the best bet imo.

I dont think Neil Warnock needs the money Rayvon i think he will  take over Argyle in his book he said he would like to manage a team in the west country then retire im really hoping he goes for the job he would get the team back on track .Hope he takes the job after he brings his Cardiff team down to Bodmin again and get his pay and see his mate Mr Gilbert

100% Cornish has been banging on about Warnock coming back to Argyle for years and I've always thought - No Chance

But now - I don't know 

He's over 70 - Doesn't need the money - Be back in the area he loves the best - Fans love him 

Perhaps one last swansong if Cardiff decide to appoint someone else

Stranger things have happened in football ( I watched one last night )

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting for your opinion 100% as you started the thread. Did reasonably well with Bury getting them promotion from division 2 but I don't think he's another Neil Warnock, well not yet anyway. Only time will tell but I wish him all the best.