St Austell 0 Launceston 1
St Dominick 6 Tavistock 0
St Stephens Borough 1 Saltash United 6
St Teath 0 Polperro 2

Division One

Elburton Villa 5 Morwenstow 1
Lanreath 4 Wadebridge Town 1
Looe Town 1 Padstow United 0
Plymouth Parkway v Nanpean Rovers (Home walkover)

Plymouth Parkway vs Nanpean is likely to be a Home Walkover as they are struggling to raise a side ! 

Very Annoying as Parkway were due to receive the league trophy after the game.

Therefore if that is the case we will be trying to arrange a friendly so the lads that have played all season can have a proper presentation of the trophy.

Unless Morwenstow fancy playing 2 games on Saturday and want to swing by after playing Elburton since they're in the area ? ?

On a side note - I know I'm not the first to mention this but there has to be some stricter rules in place about not fulfilling fixtures - this is now the 3rd team that have decided to not travel to Plymouth to play us this season ! 

Totally agree with Richard rundle. It's the east Cornwall league. Not surprised nanpean don't want to turn up on bank holiday and travel a 100 mile round trip to Devon to get spanked. Don't know why Devon teams get accepted in the east Cornwall league 

Arguably the member clubs allowed the Plymouth teams in ! 

Also why is it ok for us to Travel to places like Nanpean, Bude and Camelford but perfectly acceptable for them to cancel on us.

my point is it is slightly unfair that on the day we were due to be presented the trophy - at Home - we have had a team cancel on us ! 

Everyone knew what they signed up for before a ball was kicked back in August ! 

10 hours ago, Devon29 said:

Also why is it ok for us to Travel to places like Nanpean, Bude and Camelford but perfectly acceptable for them to cancel on us.

I don't think anyone has stated that it is acceptable for them to cancel going to you, as you say every team knew what travelling they'd have to do back in August.

14 hours ago, Richard Rundle said:

Or maybe to suggest that the Plymouth teams should be in the Plymouth & West Devon League not the East Cornwall League

As the ECPL is a feeder league for the CSWPL,it has to be a 2 county league. Surely a better suggestion would be for those clubs who haven't the

stomach for travelling an extra few miles,would be for them to revert to the Duchy League !

45 minutes ago, Adlestrop said:

As the ECPL is a feeder league for the CSWPL,it has to be a 2 county league. Surely a better suggestion would be for those clubs who haven't the

stomach for travelling an extra few miles,would be for them to revert to the Duchy League !

Why does it have to be a 2 county league!? All of the other feeders are only one county, for example the LWC CORNWALL Combination League.

4 hours ago, Adlestrop said:

As the ECPL is a feeder league for the CSWPL,it has to be a 2 county league.

No. Look at the Cornwall Combination, the South Devon League, both single county leagues. The North Devon League and the Devon & Exeter League do occasionally cross county lines. The Plymouth & West Devon League already exists at the same levels as the East Cornwall.

Oh for goodness sake we go through this every year.  Just get on with it.   The Cornwall Combination League is West Cornwall.  As I said if they changed the name there would be nothing to talk about.  Look at the Cornish teams in the East of the country.  Millbrook, Torpoint, Saltash Callington, Morwenstow, Bude.  They are miles away from the West of the league So should we chuck them out as well.   No of course not.  As I said just get on with it.  

23 hours ago, Mufc99 said:

Totally agree with Richard rundle. It's the east Cornwall league. Not surprised nanpean don't want to turn up on bank holiday and travel a 100 mile round trip to Devon to get spanked. Don't know why Devon teams get accepted in the east Cornwall league 

Saltash are in the league and parkway are only just over the bridge so not really much further. Plus would take longer to get to us in torpoint. 

I do think the name should be changed though. 

21 hours ago, Devon29 said:

my point is it is slightly unfair that on the day we were due to be presented the trophy - at Home - we have had a team cancel on us ! 

Everyone knew what they signed up for before a ball was kicked back in August ! 

We had this last season as well mate when a side the morning of the game rang and said they only had 9 so wouldn't show. North Cornwall to torpoint for a game they were likely to loose. The oppo manager said he was gutted for the 9 lads who wanted to play so we gave them 4 of our third team so we could have a game. (Game was void regardless of result) funnily enough they turned up with 11 as 'three second team players were working in Plymouth and had kit in their car' 

same team this year failed to turn up to play us at ours this year and gave us the points. Canceled once for a funeral based reason (can't be helped-2 years in a row) and then on the re arrangement couldn't get a side.  

FT Elburton Villa 5 v 1 Morwenstow

Thank you to Morwenstow, the ECPL and match official for agreeing to the early kick off today.

Regarding the league name change, it probably doesn't happen due to 'West Devon' already being named in the 'Plymouth & West Devon' League!

We all know that ECPL boundaries fall across Devon and sides like ourselves, Parkway, Plymstock, Tavistock and Bere Alston all enjoy the facilities and opponents on offer in Cornwall.

It's also a good replica for the travel likely to be involved if players took the step up to SWPL level.

As for not fulfilling a fixture, would an increase in fine stop this from happening?

Probably not but teams wont want to pay out loads of money and keep loosing points every season.

It's a frustration for everyone involved to see a * next to your name on the league table but it's nothing new!

This subject is brought up every season.  Division One Clubs travel to Plymouth twice a season plus a possible cup game.  P&D League Rules state a Club failing to play 3 fixtures are removed from the league, heavily fined and no players registered with that club are not free to move on until the fines are paid.

Clubs are also talking about distance.  It is an extra 5 miles to travel from saltash to Plymouth Parkway.  I don't hear about clubs moaning about going to Tavistock and Bere Alston.

The AGM in June could be interesting

In support of nanpean this is the first fixture they have pulled out of through all the troubles they have had over the years. I know for a fact the Committee would be gutted that this happened m. This would have been the very last thing they would have wanted. But they are struggling to have the players. With more clubs around the St Austell area these days its hard to build a competitive side. With out a doubt they have one of the best set ups in the area just need more support and a wise head to go in there and knows plenty of people. I feel it would benefit them starting again down in duchy and build using youngsters playing at the right level for them. I hope Nanpean can put there heads together this summer and go again as a club they fully deserve some good luck.

As for expulsion Bude have failed to turn up to 4 games at least this season. A fine is obviously not working. Camelford had the same problem before they pulled out failed to turn up to three games. Problem we have is the east Cornwall is down on numbers now I can remember clubs having 6 week breaks between games this year and that's not do with the weather. The league have a very hard job keeping everyone happy. It would be nice to go back to one league like the combo ave a 20 team league again based on east Cornwall sides. Just an opinion. Same needs to happen within the duchy leagues. Get rid of one and boost each league up. But I believe we should have two relegated from east Cornwall each season give teams that want to come up a chance to do so.

6 hours ago, Tribute said:

Just rename the bloody league ?

I agree... West Devon & East Cornwall League (WDECL) sounds good!!! Only pulling your leg :P

In all honesty I don't think a name change is required... Would we also want to change the English Premier League to the English & Welsh Premier League because of teams like Swansea???

Just found out as well that if a team gets a walkover the side gets the 3 points but the result is classed as 0-0. I always thought it was a 3-0 win. We have had this three times this year, and two of the three have been bottom and second from bottom-just hope that the league doesn't come down to goal difference. At absolute  minimum it should be a 1-0 win. 

And perhaps this rule is the reason why so maybe teams don't raise sides. Quite clever and tactical if you think about it. Say it's close at the bottom of the league and relegation could go down to goal difference, one side plays a top side and had 6/7 put past them earlier on in the year. The relation rival has the same team but can stay up on goal diff so 'can't raise a side', points stay the same but goal difference not harmed. 

Goal differnce is worth a point after all. 

12 hours ago, rob brown said:

Just found out as well that if a team gets a walkover the side gets the 3 points but the result is classed as 0-0. I always thought it was a 3-0 win. We have had this three times this year, and two of the three have been bottom and second from bottom-just hope that the league doesn't come down to goal difference. At absolute  minimum it should be a 1-0 win. 

And perhaps this rule is the reason why so maybe teams don't raise sides. Quite clever and tactical if you think about it. Say it's close at the bottom of the league and relegation could go down to goal difference, one side plays a top side and had 6/7 put past them earlier on in the year. The relation rival has the same team but can stay up on goal diff so 'can't raise a side', points stay the same but goal difference not harmed. 

Goal differnce is worth a point after all. 

The leagues can't award goals, hence why it goes down as a 0-0 draw in the league table but 3 points awarded rather than 1.

On 28 April 2017 at 19:27, ECPL said:

Silly suggestion Richard.  Just change the name to EC and WD League.   

You will get your trophy Devon29 at Mondays final at Callington

Change the structure of the League. For instance there is a West and Eastfor SWPL. Maybe there could be an ECPL and two separate divisions

As before it's a long way to travel for teams with over 2hr journey in total. Maybe keep the Premier and split divisions by north and south. East Cornwall Northern Division and East Cornwall Southern division

7 hours ago, bighairydave said:

The leagues can't award goals, hence why it goes down as a 0-0 draw in the league table but 3 points awarded rather than 1.

I think there should be a rule change for that then. Imagine if the end of this season launceston and liskeard are level on points down the bottom and launceston need to win draw or loose by less than 4 goals to stay up (this is a made up situation) -if they 'don't raise a side' they conceded the game-but don't concede any goals and are safe from relegation and liskeard get relegated. Liskeard have taken a few heavy defeats this year and shipped 6 or 7 against us, but got a side out, launceston don't raise a side and get the same amount of points but are rewarded with a better goal difference. 

33 minutes ago, rob brown said:

I think there should be a rule change for that then. Imagine if the end of this season launceston and liskeard are level on points down the bottom and launceston need to win draw or loose by less than 4 goals to stay up (this is a made up situation) -if they 'don't raise a side' they conceded the game-but don't concede any goals and are safe from relegation and liskeard get relegated. Liskeard have taken a few heavy defeats this year and shipped 6 or 7 against us, but got a side out, launceston don't raise a side and get the same amount of points but are rewarded with a better goal difference. 

The question would be though how many goals to award? I believe that it is the same rule throughout all leagues as part of the standard code of rules. Maybe @Steve Carpenter or @B_D could confirm.

No goals I'm afraid. I highly doubt that will ever change. I can't talk about ECPL rules because I'm not familiar with them, but we have a fine structure and a points deduction system in the Trelawny League. 

I'm afraid it's a sign of the times. Football is becoming less popular all over the country, participation is decreasing at an alarming rate. Look at Mullion yesterday... Their Sunday side turned up to a cup final with just nine players! Hats off to the nine but that just isn't good.

It's a massive shame but it is what it is these days. The National FA are trying to change things by introducing new schemes; trying to encourage the forming of new teams (£1500) but aren't particularly doing enough to support the teams currently in operation. 

Geography, as stated above also plays a part. It's happening at all levels in Cornwall, from Sunday football up to the SWPL Prem!

8 minutes ago, B_D said:

No goals I'm afraid. I highly doubt that will ever change. I can't talk about ECPL rules because I'm not familiar with them, but we have a fine structure and a points deduction system in the Trelawny League. 

I'm afraid it's a sign of the times. Football is becoming less popular all over the country, participation is decreasing at an alarming rate. Look at Mullion yesterday... Their Sunday side turned up to a cup final with just nine players! Hats off to the nine but that just isn't good.

It's a massive shame but it is what it is these days. The National FA are trying to change things by introducing new schemes; trying to encourage the forming of new teams (£1500) but aren't particularly doing enough to support the teams currently in operation. 

Geography, as stated above also plays a part. It's happening at all levels in Cornwall, from Sunday football up to the SWPL Prem!

Maybe not the goals award then as that would be hard to keep fair-but a points deduction is a must, otherwise a team could actually benefit (league position wise) by not playing a game at all