Division 1

Halsetown       2-0       Constantine 

Rosudgeon      0-2       Helston Athletic Thirds

Stithians          P-P       Newlyn Non-Athletico

Division 2

Frogpool & Cusgarne P-P       Illogan RBL 3rds

Mabe               2-2       Falmouth Town

Redruth United           P-P       Mawnan Reserves

Storm              0-10     RNAS Culdrose Reserves (played at Culdrose)

Wendron United Thirds          4-6       Penwith Exiles

Division 3

Ludgvan Reserves P-P Four Lanes

Newlyn Lions   4-1       St Erme

Probus             P-P       Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

St Ives Mariners          5-1       Lizard Argyle Reserves

St Just Reserves           3-3       West Cornwall Reserves

Division 4

Carharrack Reserves 4-2       Hayle 3rds

Four Lanes Reserves   P-P       Rosudgeon Reserves

New Inn Titans            6-2       Troon AFC Reserves

Newbridge Athletic     P-P       Ruan Minor

Newlyn Non-Athletico P-P       Madron

St Buryan Reserves     1-0       Wendron United Fourths

League Cup

St Agnes Reserves       3-2       Lanner

Percy Stephens Cup

Hayle Reserves           2-1       Holman SC Reserves

Please remember to text in reports/summaries to me on 07957345945

Div 2 

wendron 4 penwith exiles 6

well the day started with wendron trying to do ensure the game wasn't played. It the ref was able to saw the perfect condition the pitch was in and allowed the game to go ahead

exiles started slow again and were unable to take control of the game for the first 15 minutes then when we got out of fist gear we were knocking the ball around and were able to get the first goal, wendron caught us on the break and with the wendron player playing a 1-2 with the post they were able to get one back,  exiles then scored 2 quickfire goals ensuring we went in 3-1 up at half time.

second half we came out and were playing against a very strong wind and in the blink of an eye wendron scored 2 goals and for a few minutes it seemed as if wendron were going to run away with the match, exiles made the most of a lucky bounce in the box and went 4-3 up only for wendron to score moments later, with wendron pushing for the win with the wind behind them exiles caught them on the break to take the lead and with 5 minutes to go wendron tried taking a quick free kick resulting in the ball bouncing off one of our players who was walking away and fell nicely to our player who took the ball round the keeper and scored. Wendron had the chance late on to pull one back when they were 2 on 1 with the keeper but the 2 strikers decided to help us out by tackiling each other.

The referee had a great game today I thought he was excellent tried to keep the game flowing in the horrible conditions kept control of the game, I would be happy if we could have him every week 10/10

penwith exiles goal scorers

jordan James 

daniel burt

damon nicholls

darren steadmon

danny earl 

rory Courtney 

all in all a good win for exiles making it 15 games 15 wins 

Mariners 5 lizard 1.At a very windy nancegollan mariners did the double over lizard with a good performance through out,greg stephens scored his 2nd hattrick in 2 weeks followed by kieran aberham and steve davey.lizard top lads who never gave up all the best thanks for coming back to the pub,The game well reffed by andrew murphy.

47 minutes ago, number 6 said:

Div 2 

The referee had a great game today I thought he was excellent tried to keep the game flowing in the horrible conditions kept control of the game, I would be happy if we could have him every week 10/10

Another good report about Marc Rose! Well done lad!

1 hour ago, number 6 said:

Div 2 

well the day started with wendron trying to do ensure the game wasn't played. It the ref was able to saw the perfect condition the pitch was in and allowed the game to go ahead

exiles started slow again and were unable to take control of the game for the first 15 minutes then when we got out of fist gear we were knocking the ball around and were able to get the first goal, wendron caught us on the break and with the wendron player playing a 1-2 with the post they were able to get one back,  exiles then scored 2 quickfire goals ensuring we went in 3-1 up at half time.

second half we came out and were playing against a very strong wind and in the blink of an eye wendron scored 2 goals and for a few minutes it seemed as if wendron were going to run away with the match, exiles made the most of a lucky bounce in the box and went 4-3 up only for wendron to score moments later, with wendron pushing for the win with the wind behind them exiles caught them on the break to take the lead and with 5 minutes to go wendron tried taking a quick free kick resulting in the ball bouncing off one of our players who was walking away and fell nicely to our player who took the ball round the keeper and scored. Wendron had the chance late on to pull one back when they were 2 on 1 with the keeper but the 2 strikers decided to help us out by tackiling each other.

penwith exiles goal scorers

jordan James 

daniel burt

damon nicholls

darren steadmon

danny earl 

rory Courtney 

all in all a good win for exiles making it 15 games 15 wins 

Can you clear up what you mean in the first paragraph please @number 6? Not sure what you mean? Not trying to have a dig, just don't understand it?

I caught the second half. Turned up just as your linesman slipped, I hope he's ok, please send him our best. Just speaking from what I saw, Wendron dominated the second half, assisted by the wind. Penwith's goals seemingly all came through well executed counter attacks. 

Wendron had chances to go on to win it, but a couple of good saves and no end product meant Penwith capitalised. Penwith's fifth, and match winner, came from a great free kick. Fair play to the lad that hit it. 

My ears have only just stopped bleeding mind from the amount of 'talking' the skipper and Steadman did!?

Best of luck for the rest of the season, and your title chase. 

And completely agree about Rosey, great game from him today and I can see him moving up through the ranks very quickly. Great to see a young ex player take that route. 

8 minutes ago, WendronOfficial said:

Can you clear up what you mean in the first paragraph please @number 6? Not sure what you mean? Not trying to have a dig, just don't understand it?

I caught the second half. Turned up just as your linesman slipped, I hope he's ok, please send him our best. Just speaking from what I saw, Wendron dominated the second half, assisted by the wind. Penwith's goals seemingly all came through well executed counter attacks. 

Wendron had chances to go on to win it, but a couple of good saves and no end product meant Penwith capitalised. Penwith's fifth, and match winner, came from a great free kick. Fair play to the lad that hit it. 

My ears have only just stopped bleeding mind from the amount of 'talking' the skipper and Steadman did!?

Best of luck for the rest of the season, and your title chase. 

Mans conpletely agree about Rosey, great game from him today and I can see him moving up through the ranks very quickly. Great to see a young ex player take that route. 

Maybe there was a mix up in communication we were told that the wendron wanted the game to be called off due to the pitch but the referee said otherwise, didn't mean to have a dig and I apologise maybe we were told wrong

As the skipper I'm not sure what you mean by ears have stopped bleeding?? I thought we were quiet today ;) certainly seemed to go a little quieter after taking that cheap shot head butt from your striker ??

and cheers good luck for chasing promotion carry on like you did today and you'll be overtaking mabe in no time

referre was outstanding not sure how many games he's had but anyone looking to be a ref could learn a lot from him ??

12 minutes ago, number 6 said:

Maybe there was a mix up in communication we were told that the wendron wanted the game to be called off due to the pitch but the referee said otherwise, didn't mean to have a dig and I apologise maybe we were told wrong

As the skipper I'm not sure what you mean by ears have stopped bleeding?? I thought we were quiet today ;) certainly seemed to go a little quieter after taking that cheap shot head butt from your striker ??

and cheers good luck for chasing promotion carry on like you did today and you'll be overtaking mabe in no time

referre was outstanding not sure how many games he's had but anyone looking to be a ref could learn a lot from him ??

If that's you quiet I'd hate to see you when you're chatty haha. Didn't see the head butt in all fairness! 

Not sure about the pitch situation, looked like it held up fairly well all things considered. 

All the best. 

2 hours ago, number 6 said:

Div 2 

1 hour ago, bighairydave said:

Another good report about Marc Rose! Well done lad!

1 hour ago, WendronOfficial said:
1 hour ago, number 6 said:

referee was outstanding not sure how many games he's had but anyone looking to be a ref could learn a lot from him ??

And completely agree about Rosey, great game from him today and I can see him moving up through the ranks very quickly. Great to see a young ex player take that route. 

Thanks for all the kind words fella's........really appreciate it.

All the best Marc "Rosy"

7 hours ago, Tempo said:

To be honest I thought Falmouth edged the game and were the better of the two sides, if anyone deserved to win it was them. However I don't think Town will complain too much as it was a close game from two good sides.

I agree with you. Falmouths 1st goal was onside. When the lino was asked her said the scorer was onside but the other striker who stopped and wasn't in play was off. Mabe equaliser was a good goal. Falmouths 2nd was like 99 champions league winner for utd. Sloppy but right place right time. Mabes disallowed goal 3 players fouling the Falmouth keeper easy decision and mabes equaliser hit the cross bar twice before being tapped in. On a whole was a good game. Wasn't expecting it to be so tame. Thought there would be alot more fouls etc  being a derby game but both teams played it in a good manner.

11 hours ago, number 6 said:

Cheers mate, makes a difference people supporting us this season instead of moaning about us

I don't think anyone has ever doubted that you're a very good side and certainly do deserve to win the league this season. I'd assume the moaning comes about from the manner in which you've conducted yourselves during games.

I've personally faced you 3 times this season (2 with Storm and 1 with Mabe). Having only recently joined Mabe I've not been part of the big rivalry until now. However, even when you guys were playing lowly Storm and being 12-1 up I was still stamped on, spat at and ridiculed by your players.

There's no doubt that you guys deserve to win most games you play in but you'd get a lot more credit and respect from other teams if you cut out the attitudes, headbuts and stamps. You're a good enough side to beat teams without resorting to that! 

2 weeks ago you outplayed Mabe and could have won that game without the need for punches, head butts, stamps and general attitude throughout. 

3 hours ago, Titus Bramble said:

I don't think anyone has ever doubted that you're a very good side and certainly do deserve to win the league this season. I'd assume the moaning comes about from the manner in which you've conducted yourselves during games.

I've personally faced you 3 times this season (2 with Storm and 1 with Mabe). Having only recently joined Mabe I've not been part of the big rivalry until now. However, even when you guys were playing lowly Storm and being 12-1 up I was still stamped on, spat at and ridiculed by your players.

There's no doubt that you guys deserve to win most games you play in but you'd get a lot more credit and respect from other teams if you cut out the attitudes, headbuts and stamps. You're a good enough side to beat teams without resorting to that! 

2 weeks ago you outplayed Mabe and could have won that game without the need for punches, head butts, stamps and general attitude throughout. 

We are far from perfect and at times get involved when we shouldn't. Because of the bad press we get from people like yourself we find more and more teams are trying to get a reaction from us then when that doesn't work they jump straight on the forum to slate us. Over the last 2/3 years we have done a great job in our team with discipline but still time to time we get involved when we shouldn't like 90% of teams. We could also give examples of time this happens the other way around. This Saturday for instance our centre back was head butted by a player at wendron which was missed by the ref, mouth full of blood top lip ripped open yet nothing gets said on here by us. The problem we find is a lot of teams try to bring it out of us now and when they finally get a reaction of some sort it's straight to the forum. This year I would say 80% of the teams we have faced have commented on how things have changed with us I'm sorry that it hasn't with you. you could always try switching to culdrose they still have a chance of catching us ?. Good luck for the season which ever club you decide to stick it out at ??

1 hour ago, Danielburt8 said:

We are far from perfect and at times get involved when we shouldn't. Because of the bad press we get from people like yourself we find more and more teams are trying to get a reaction from us then when that doesn't work they jump straight on the forum to slate us. Over the last 2/3 years we have done a great job in our team with discipline but still time to time we get involved when we shouldn't like 90% of teams. We could also give examples of time this happens the other way around. This Saturday for instance our centre back was head butted by a player at wendron which was missed by the ref, mouth full of blood top lip ripped open yet nothing gets said on here by us. The problem we find is a lot of teams try to bring it out of us now and when they finally get a reaction of some sort it's straight to the forum. This year I would say 80% of the teams we have faced have commented on how things have changed with us I'm sorry that it hasn't with you. you could always try switching to culdrose they still have a chance of catching us ?. Good luck for the season which ever club you decide to stick it out at ??

wind your neck in son, you're hardly the class of 92..

1 hour ago, Danielburt8 said:

I think you've misinterpreted my comments Dan, I wasn't having a dig at anyone. TJ mentioned that it's nice not to be moaned about and I've simply offered my observations based on 3 games this season. You clearly have improved the discipline as there's no more stories of mass brawls these days. Unfortunately the previous seasons will have resulted in a few sides holding a grudge.

I've never been a player to try and get a rise from someone, I'd actually never met Steadman before he stamped on my leg in the Penwith vs Storm game in the last few minutes. It was a completely unprovoked and blatant stamp.

As for 'which ever club I stick at' I joined Storm around 6 years ago. Stuck it out pretty well apart from the odd game here and there. Things went downhill at the club and I moved on to a club in the area I grew up in. Apologies if that's not good enough for you.

As I said earlier, you guys fully deserve to win the league; the table doesn't lie. Good luck and we'll see you in a few weeks for a tasty (hopefully, fairly contested) cup tie!

29 minutes ago, Titus Bramble said:

I think you've misinterpreted my comments Dan, I wasn't having a dig at anyone. TJ mentioned that it's nice not to be moaned about and I've simply offered my observations based on 3 games this season. You clearly have improved the discipline as there's no more stories of mass brawls these days. Unfortunately the previous seasons will have resulted in a few sides holding a grudge.

I've never been a player to try and get a rise from someone, I'd actually never met Steadman before he stamped on my leg in the Penwith vs Storm game in the last few minutes. It was a completely unprovoked and blatant stamp.

As for 'which ever club I stick at' I joined Storm around 6 years ago. Stuck it out pretty well apart from the odd game here and there. Things went downhill at the club and I moved on to a club in the area I grew up in. Apologies if that's not good enough for you.

As I said earlier, you guys fully deserve to win the league; the table doesn't lie. Good luck and we'll see you in a few weeks for a tasty (hopefully, fairly contested) cup tie!

if you could become an Exiles player for a Saturday only would you then understand why you comments would get a reaction or rise from me or anyone else at the club. Yes the club has come along way since that 1 mass brawl a few years back (which two clubs got involved in) myself and others have done their time for that incident. I think your comments on teams holding "grudges" says everything to be honest. If teams hold grudges how do you expect them to every look at Exiles in a good light and how do you expect anything but negative comments?. We will let the football do the talking as we have done for a number of years now.

As for the steadman incident it looks like the ref missed another one as for player who was head butted our centre back Saturday. It's all swings and roundabouts in football there is an awful lot that goes on that is missed by refs but they can only give what they see. Saturday our ref was up there with the best we have had this season but a head butt was still missed and we don't hold any Grudges against the ref or club as we know how what goes on in local football and to think otherwise is just nonsense.

Im sure as always in an Exiles match it will be feircly but fairly contested few games we have left against mabe (cup and league). 

We would welcome everyone and anyone to come and witness our style of football and have their own opinions of us as we seem to be gathering a lot more fans that enjoy watching us since the revamp a few years back :). 

C'mon guys stop the hating for exiles no team is perfect. Every team moans like a bunch of old ladies when you are loosing but love it when you are winning. Exiles are a great side ok sometimes they do stupid things but then so do all teams when they are frustrated. Don't tar a whole side by the actions of a couple. Every team had that idiot that goes too far. Usually he's 1 of the best players or in some cases the capt.

6 hours ago, golong said:

6 hours ago, golong said:

Son? Jesus Christ I doubt very much your good looking enough to be related to me! Some comment tho top effort! 

2 hours ago, Mr Bean said:

C'mon guys stop the hating for exiles no team is perfect. Every team moans like a bunch of old ladies when you are loosing but love it when you are winning. Exiles are a great side ok sometimes they do stupid things but then so do all teams when they are frustrated. Don't tar a whole side by the actions of a couple. Every team had that idiot that goes too far. Usually he's 1 of the best players or in some cases the capt.

I personally first hand seen penwith managing a Illogan team against them twice this season and first time we were battered at home they were too good for us all over the park on the day...

Played them again two weeks later and had hell of battle 2-2 until last few minutes but I enjoyed both games against a team who like physical side of game but that's great go in with Same intensity and get good game!! good bunch back at pub after by all accounts what happens on pitch stays there 

ArseneWanger, not sure what you mean by your comment?! I'm only going by the games I've played in this season. Whilst there are some good sides in Division 2 this year, I think Penwith are the best team I've personally played against. Yes their attitude could be a little better, but footballing wise they are the best in the league. After all, the table doesn't lie.

It seems there's a lot of hype around exiles "attitude and aggression" in games well wen we (newlyn Lions) played them in a very close encounter n there wasn't even a hard challenge or word said, I think people r going on their first season or 2 in the league and as burty says it obviously is other teams trying to provoke them these days into altercations n then moaning about them on the forum wen they react 

21 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

I personally first hand seen penwith managing a Illogan team against them twice this season and first time we were battered at home they were too good for us all over the park on the day...

Played them again two weeks later and had hell of battle 2-2 until last few minutes but I enjoyed both games against a team who like physical side of game but that's great go in with Same intensity and get good game!! good bunch back at pub after by all accounts what happens on pitch stays there 

These are the games you enjoy playing in. I'm not the eldest out there but iv been playing 10 years now and even I can see how it's changed over that short period of time. Football isn't the same locally anymore. Look forward to playing you boys again soon!! ??

1 hour ago, footballlegend7 said:

It seems there's a lot of hype around exiles "attitude and aggression" in games well wen we (newlyn Lions) played them in a very close encounter n there wasn't even a hard challenge or word said, I think people r going on their first season or 2 in the league and as burty says it obviously is other teams trying to provoke them these days into altercations n then moaning about them on the forum wen they react 

The Newlyn lions games was the games I referred to as reffing. It was a game I wasn't looking forward to to be honest but it turned out to be one of the easier and enjoyable games I have done this season. No problems from either side even though it was a local derby in the junior cup

2 hours ago, JENGLE said:

ArseneWanger, not sure what you mean by your comment?! I'm only going by the games I've played in this season. Whilst there are some good sides in Division 2 this year, I think Penwith are the best team I've personally played against. Yes their attitude could be a little better, but footballing wise they are the best in the league. After all, the table doesn't lie.

Fair comment Jengle. And I think Danielburt8 has done a great job in justifying/explaining the Exiles side of the matter. ?

first of all I would like to say over the past 2/3 seasons I've played penwith afew times ive won some and lost some of those games but I've always enjoyed playing them because you no it's going to be a good hard battle and as for being a dirty side I don't belive there a dirty side at all they just like a hard tackle and want the ball more than the other player but yes sometimes they can take it abit to fare but if the other side is not up for that hard battle then that is not penwiths fault last of all I would like to say all the best to penwith good side and don't change the way you play cause other teams don't like it 

Personally I just play to win, I don't go into matches thinking this will be easy we try and play every match with the same mentality and tempo, it is clear to me as why some teams/players don't like the physical side of it but that's all part of the game, playing against teams like titans I find the best games as you know you are coming up against 11 men who want the win and want the ball just as much as we do, every player that plays in whatever league should be playing because they enjoy the sport and want to win so of course when things aren't going our way we get frustrated usually at ourselves but that's because of what mentality and mindset we have going into every game, if anything I would say some teams do set out to try and provoke us because they know they will get a reaction but at the end of the day like I try and say to the players just enjoy the banter and let the football do the talking.

i can openly admit I am probably the worst on our team for moaning when things aren't going our way but that's just down to passion and wanting to win every game, so what if it's only division 2 I've been the same since division 5

lets be honest, whilst they are beating teams who are less capable than themselves things will be all rosy, rise a division or two and start losing games as they finally start to play at their level and this is when we will see if the leopards have really changed their spots or not, time will tell..........