Stithians 3v1 Falmouth Town

Trelawney Prem

Carharrack 13-0 Gulval

Ryan Stephens - 6

Billy Williams - 3

Nick Boase - 2

Jake Shaw - 1

Jack Rapsey - 1

Game all one sided, gulval never threatened the carharrack goal, score could have been a lot more but the gulval keeper played a blinder considering letting in 13..

Well reffed again by nigel, always a pleasure to watch a decent game with a good referee. Happy days.

Carharrack scorers: Stevens 6, Williams 3, Boase 2, Rapsey 1, Shaw 1.

31 spectators.

My MoM: Mike Vigus, the Gulval 'keeper! Made some outstanding saves.

Half time, it was 3 - 0.

Cup of tea 50p in a china mug: bliss!

Lovely to see Mark Rapsey there, telling me the names of the scorers and watching son Jack who, on the pitch, is - "Rappo" to his team mates! 6' 2" of gangly 16 year old who assisted on something like 5 of the goals, was pulled back for a 1st half penalty, looked a real chip off the old block! One to watch for the future, potentially good enough for a far higher standard. Excellent 1st touch, good vision and awareness.

Carharrack scorers: Stevens 6, Williams 3, Boase 2, Rapsey 1, Shaw 1.

31 spectators.

My MoM: Mike Vigus, the Gulval 'keeper! Made some outstanding saves.

Half time, it was 3 - 0.

Cup of tea 50p in a china mug: bliss!

Lovely to see Mark Rapsey there, telling me the names of the scorers and watching son Jack who, on the pitch, is - "Rappo" to his team mates! 6' 2" of gangly 16 year old who assisted on something like 5 of the goals, was pulled back for a 1st half penalty, looked a real chip off the old block! One to watch for the future, potentially good enough for a far higher standard. Excellent 1st touch, good vision and awareness.

Spot on Tom.The Gulval goalkeeper saved his team from a far worse beating.

Well done to Gulval who didn't really let their heads drop and no silly challenges.

Young Jack Rapsey is certainly a player to watch for the future.Very good touch,awareness and fitted in well amongst players of far more experience.

Div 3

Helston 3rds 0 v Four Lanes 0

2 points dropped to a hard working four lanes side...Helston dominated the game and the Four Lane keeper made a series of superb saves. I take it as a compliment to my team that four lanes celebrated like they had won the league as the whistle

Div 3

2 points dropped to a hard working four lanes side...Helston dominated the game and the Four Lane keeper made a series of superb saves. I take it as a compliment to my team that four lanes celebrated like they had won the league as the whistle

Dominated? And celebrated as if they'd won the league. Pretty sure four lanes celebrate like that every time they work and play for each other. Shows team moral and commitment

Gwinear 1 Penwith Exiles 1

Tough game against a good opposition. Feisty and challenges being thrown in left right and centre, as you'd expect from a game being played by two sides that are chasing promotion.

The referee today... I think he must have had a bad night last night because he was awful today. I don't like to criticise referees as I appreciate how hard their job is. But fouls were being given for no reason, often the wrong way despite both sets of players saying that they weren't fouled etc. I personally can not respect a referee who blows up etc for foul language by the players.... As he blows up, he then shouts and screams obscenities left, right and centre, often far worse than what the players had been saying. Like I said, I don't like to criticise refs and I can often be seen on here and via our teams facebook page praising them up, appreciating the job they do... But when youve got a ref swearing At players and being quite rude too them in the process, it's quite hard to say much positive.

Gwinear scored with fifteen to go, player shooting from about 20yards out on the right byline, lobbing the keeper with the ball sailing into the top left...

Gwinear scorer:

Dave Bartlam

All the best to Penwith, see you at your place later on in the season

Mabe reserves 3-0 camborne athletic

Back to winning ways this week, a determined athletic said kept it 0-0 until half time, came out 2nd half pushing a bit harder and scored 3 and missed a penalty

A good game to play in, athletic have a good bunch of lads who never stopped until the end

Trelawney 5

Newlyn Lions 7-0 Stithians Reserves (HT 3-0)

One way traffic from the off. On a difficult pitch.

Lions took there chances and could easily been few more.

Full credit to Stithians and battled till the end.

Newlyn Goalscorers

Charlie Pearce

Oliver Pridham 2

Liam Waters

Peter Coates

Ryan Ladd

Dan Bower

went all the way to madron to find the game was of,d c could not believe how the game was called off,not a sign of water or a puddle any where

even half there players turned up and went again.DISGRACE

Should have popped over to the Coombe, trelawney fan, we (Newlyn Lions) had an entertaining game v Stithians.

Hope the Madron pitch is playable next week.

Trelawny League Division 4: Ludgvan Reserves 4-3 Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

Ludgvan maintained their 100% home record with a 4-3 win over Frogpool & Cusgarne at Fair Field.

The Hurlers marginally got the better of the opening exchanges, although midfielder Ben Mills may have disagreed after he inadvertently blocked a clearance with his manhood, and took the lead after being awarded a penalty on 20 minutes.

Michael Fitchett was brought down as he attempted to round the Frogpool goalkeeper (who was shown a yellow card for the challenge by referee Francis Hood) and duly got to his feet in order to convert the spot-kick.

However, the visitors replied almost immediately thanks to some gaping holes in the Ludgvan defence and snatched the advantage with a fine curling effort from the edge of the penalty area.

Jack Wing netted an equaliser just before half-time, turning in the rebound after Fitchett saw his initial attempt blocked.

Wing then made it 3-2 in the Hurlers' favour with a powerful header from Adam Fletcher's cross mid-way through the second period.

Jamie Leah came off the bench and gave the home side a two-goal cushion when he fired in from close-range after some good work from Scott Stevens down the left-hand side and, although Frogpool threw men forward after that and pulled a goal back with ten minutes remaining, Ludgvan ultimately held on to secure all three points.

Ludgvan Reserves: J Fitchett; Southcott, Ramsey, Matthews, M Harris (J Harris); Mills (Rowe), T Hannaford, Fletcher, Stevens; Wing (Barnett), M Fitchett (J Leah).

Div 3

Dominated? And celebrated as if they'd won the league. Pretty sure four lanes celebrate like that every time they work and play for each other. Shows team moral and commitment Yes I would say dominated is a fair comment...Our keeper did not have one proper save to make whereas your keeper pulled off 6 or 7 fine saves and was undoubtedly man of the match. ..not questioning your commitment at all...as previously stated you were a hard working team and you got your rewards for a fine team effort and you gave everything for 90 minutes

Had a lovely day! Catching up with some old friends! Split my vienese whirl with Tom talking football with Carharrack legend Bill Chown over a cup of tea watching two good bunches of lads play a game of footie excellently refereed by Nige as always. Only counted about a dozen fouls in the whole game. What a keeper!! Pulled off bout ten worldies!! Talking of Legends had a half time chat with Mr Gulval Rhonda! Always the same, and old Malabar colleague Neil Pope. Top blokes. Then finished off by meeting my old Falmouth and Cornwall team mate Tommy Matthews for the live cup draws in the Radio Cornwall studios. One of the best defenders I've ever seen down here and a man who always brings a smile to my face. Good day apart from this nightshift I'm halfway through!! Thanks for the comments about the boy, pleased with how he's adapted to adult football scoring in all 4 games so far although he's not as greedy as his old man and sets up as many as he scores to be honest! Proper unselfish team player. Don't go deaf in the box like me! He's been lucky to join such a great club turning 16 with a superb young manager and talented set of lads with a brilliant team spirit who have made the transition easy for him. Nice day, what football is all about :-)

Trelawney 2

Marazion 2 illogan 3's 0

Gutted today, on reflection we didn't deserve to win today, not sure we got a shot on target but every illogan lad, some playing out of position, some playing their first game for a while were superb with their commitment and work rate. Unfortunately after knocking on the door for 80 mins or so Matty Thomas capatalised on a mistake and then made it two on the counter. Best side I've played against in this league with some very tidy ex Hayle team mates, all the best to them but hold your heads high illogan we pushed them the whole way. Onwards to next week x

Div 3

Dominated? And celebrated as if they'd won the league. Pretty sure four lanes celebrate like that every time they work and play for each other. Shows team moral and commitmentYes I would say dominated is a fair comment...Our keeper did not have one proper save to make whereas your keeper pulled off 6 or 7 fine saves and was undoubtedly man of the match. ..not questioning your commitment at all...as previously stated you were a hard working team and you got your rewards for a fine team effort and you gave everything for 90 minutes

Totally agree with the keeper being man of the match. With four lanes also having a goal ruled out. All in all a good game. Apart from what seems as the worst bit of simulation and play acting, getting the four lanes player sent off

Div 3

Dominated? And celebrated as if they'd won the league. Pretty sure four lanes celebrate like that every time they work and play for each other. Shows team moral and commitmentYes I would say dominated is a fair comment...Our keeper did not have one proper save to make whereas your keeper pulled off 6 or 7 fine saves and was undoubtedly man of the match. ..not questioning your commitment at all...as previously stated you were a hard working team and you got your rewards for a fine team effort and you gave everything for 90 minutes Totally agree with the keeper being man of the match. With four lanes also having a goal ruled out. All in all a good game. Apart from what seems as the worst bit of simulation and play acting, getting the four lanes player sent off Well was a bit of a silly thing to push your head into his face Ralph!

Anyways ruined a good day and game.

Very gutted for being sent off in a high tempo game and one that was good for the neutral I think! And, even more gutted for the 'play acting' your player perceived. Shambles

Mabe res 3-0 camborne ath (0-0 h.t)

1st half game was kept tight with both teams having good chances but both defences and gkers doing great jobs.

2nd half injury enforced subs made the dif. Mabe stepped it up and as fatigue or injuries kicked in the players coming on just wernt up to the grade.

Mabe where the better side and deserved the win. Good side and played the game fairly. Good luck for the rest of the season except for wen we play nxt i hope u loose then lol.

Also ref was excellent elliot king i think his name was. Excellent control of the game.

PREMIER

St Day 2-5 Mawnan

Mawnan took a 2-0 lead midway into the first half and were looking comfortable. However a goal for St Day just before half time gave them a way back into the game.

For the first 10-15 minutes of the second half St Day pressed and were the better team. However, Mawnan defended well and then got the third on the counter. After this Mawnan took hold of the game scoring two more to complete the win, despite a late St Day consolation

Anyways ruined a good day and game.

Very gutted for being sent off in a high tempo game and one that was good for the neutral I think! And, even more gutted for the 'play acting' your player perceived. Shambles

when we played them in the cup was the same. Diving every tackle. When helston played football they played really well but all the diving let them and the team down.

Camborne Town 3-1 Newbridge Athletic

Newbridge started well this week and were playing some good football early on some early attempts well saved by the Camborne keeper. Camborne playing down hill in the first half then started to get into the game and had a few one on one chances but they were well saved by Newbridge keeper who was off his line quickly to make the saves. Joe Ashton then put the visitors in front with a fine finish past the keeper that took a deflection on the way through. Centre back Kyle Jones then had a great effort about 30 yards but the keeper made a good save to tip it over the bar. Camborne once again had another one on one and again Aaron was well out to it. Some good passing from Newbridge then gave them a great chance to double their advantage and Joe Ashton was put through with plenty of time, unfortunately he blazed it over the bar whilst going for power rather than placement. A fairly even first half with chances for both sides but Newbridge went into the break 1-0 up.

The second half was a different story and Camborne were the better team for most of the second half. They drew level from a corner that was poorly cleared, the Camborne player was given to much space and curled it into the top corner. Camborne's second goal another one on one, they attacked well with 4 players against 2 most of the time. The ball was chipped over on rushing keeper Aaron to take the lead. Newbridge changed formation to try to get back into the game and they had an excellent shot by Joe tipped onto and over the bar by the keeper who hurt himself when he landed, the ref gave a goal kick. With Newbridge chasing the game Camborne got them on the counter attack and made it 3-1 to secure the win. Final score 3-1 to Camborne.

Trelawny League Division 4: Ludgvan Reserves 4-3 Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

However, the visitors replied almost immediately thanks to some gaping holes in the Ludgvan defence and snatched the advantage with a fine curling effort from the edge of the penalty area.

).

Really good game to be a part of although I will say my goal was 25 yards out not the edge of the penalty area ;)

Thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon and we were gutted to go home empty handed as the lads battled extremely hard and played some great football.

Well done to Ludgvan though and Merry Christmas to everyone!

St.Agnes res 2-0 hayle res

A very good win for st.Agnes keeping a clean sheet as well. St.Agnes came out strong scoring 2 goals in the first half the first a header from a corner, the second a perfect through ball to the striker to finish past the keeper. The second half was pretty poor from both teams really neither one doing much but st.Agnes take the points and carry on up the table.

Newbridge started well this week and were playing some good football early on some early attempts well saved by the Camborne keeper. Camborne playing down hill in the first half then started to get into the game and had a few one on one chances but they were well saved by Newbridge keeper who was off his line quickly to make the saves. Joe Ashton then put the visitors in front with a fine finish past the keeper that took a deflection on the way through. Centre back Kyle Jones then had a great effort about 30 yards but the keeper made a good save to tip it over the bar. Camborne once again had another one on one and again Aaron was well out to it. Some good passing from Newbridge then gave them a great chance to double their advantage and Joe Ashton was put through with plenty of time, unfortunately he blazed it over the bar whilst going for power rather than placement. A fairly even first half with chances for both sides but Newbridge went into the break 1-0 up.

The second half was a different story and Camborne were the better team for most of the second half. They drew level from a corner that was poorly cleared, the Camborne player was given to much space and curled it into the top corner. Camborne's second goal another one on one, they attacked well with 4 players against 2 most of the time. The ball was chipped over on rushing keeper Aaron to take the lead. Newbridge changed formation to try to get back into the game and they had an excellent shot by Joe tipped onto and over the bar by the keeper who hurt himself when he landed, the ref gave a goal kick. With Newbridge chasing the game Camborne got them on the counter attack and made it 3-1 to secure the win. Final score 3-1 to Camborne.

Sounds like yet another magnificent performance from the Newbridge keeper!!! He has a blinder every week - you would think he is writing it himself!! ???

Lots of games off due to no refs due to the county putting kernow youth tournament for all ages on today and taking qualified refs to run it leaving us short in trelawny league

This isn't me having a go just stating facts

I've only just seen this posting and it does amaze me that people say such things without any fact or clear knowledge. 1st why would the COUNTY be putting on a Kernow Youth Tournament?? Sorry to let you down on having a little dig at the CCFA but that was the Kernow youth league committee who organised it and it was as normal a dam good tournament for the ages of U7s - U10s may I also add, not every age.

As I attended I can comment and also say that the 400+ kids who also attended thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Thanks must go to the league but a huge thank you to the referees who at the age of 15 apart from 1 who doesn't ref mens football anymore were brilliant. Shame at the age of 15 they couldn't of officiated a few Trelawny matches afterwards seeming the tournament FINISHED at 1pm, but hey that's the rules I suppose.

Nice try in blaming someone on the shortage of refs, wouldn't have anything to do with the amount of abuse the men in black receive constantly on a Saturday afternoon. All I can say is get use to it, its only going to get worse.

Cheers

Mark

Lots of games off due to no refs due to the county putting kernow youth tournament for all ages on today and taking qualified refs to run it leaving us short in trelawny league

This isn't me having a go just stating facts

I've only just seen this posting and it does amaze me that people say such things without any fact or clear knowledge. 1st why would the COUNTY be putting on a Kernow Youth Tournament?? Sorry to let you down on having a little dig at the CCFA but that was the Kernow youth league committee who organised it and it was as normal a dam good tournament for the ages of U7s - U10s may I also add, not every age.

As I attended I can comment and also say that the 400+ kids who also attended thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Thanks must go to the league but a huge thank you to the referees who at the age of 15 apart from 1 who doesn't ref mens football anymore were brilliant. Shame at the age of 15 they couldn't of officiated a few Trelawny matches afterwards seeming the tournament FINISHED at 1pm, but hey that's the rules I suppose.

Nice try in blaming someone on the shortage of refs, wouldn't have anything to do with the amount of abuse the men in black receive constantly on a Saturday afternoon. All I can say is get use to it, its only going to get worse.

Cheers

Mark

Wasn't a dig

Just stating what was told to our secretary

Yes referees do get a lot of stick and I respect them for the job they do

Just for you Scoffy. Sent to Rappo on Saturday for his Independent write-up.

Cracking game at Marazion today.

Bryan Scoffin kept the game all square with good saves from Liam Mooney and Matt Thomas in the first half. Illogan had a lot of the ball but did not trouble the Marazion keeper. 0-0 ht.

Second half he carried on where he left off, producing more saves as Marazion went in search of the opening goal.

However, with 10 minutes to go it was Scoffy that made an error leading to Marazion scoring. He went to take a short kick to the right back but Matty Thomas pounced and took the ball on before slotting past the luckless keeper from 12 yards.

Matty then doubled the lead with 3 minutes to go pouncing on a through ball and taking it around Scoffy (who thought about pulling him down but changed his mind) which caused him to go wider, before slotting the ball past 2 defenders on the line who had desperately got back to try to stop the shot thus making the game safe.

All in all a cracking game with good football played from both sides with no bad tackles and excellently refereed by Paul Minns.

Paul

Sounds like yet another magnificent performance from the Newbridge keeper!!! He has a blinder every week - you would think he is writing it himself!! ??? Like i said before i say it how it is. I'm not bothered about what you think. Come down see one of our games for yourself if you don't believe me.

Just for you Scoffy. Sent to Rappo on Saturday for his Independent write-up.

Cracking game at Marazion today.

Bryan Scoffin kept the game all square with good saves from Liam Mooney and Matt Thomas in the first half. Illogan had a lot of the ball but did not trouble the Marazion keeper. 0-0 ht.

Second half he carried on where he left off, producing more saves as Marazion went in search of the opening goal.

However, with 10 minutes to go it was Scoffy that made an error leading to Marazion scoring. He went to take a short kick to the right back but Matty Thomas pounced and took the ball on before slotting past the luckless keeper from 12 yards.

Matty then doubled the lead with 3 minutes to go pouncing on a through ball and taking it around Scoffy (who thought about pulling him down but changed his mind) which caused him to go wider, before slotting the ball past 2 defenders on the line who had desperately got back to try to stop the shot thus making the game safe.

All in all a cracking game with good football played from both sides with no bad tackles and excellently refereed by Paul Minns.

Paul

Not a bad write up Paul, just lacking in detail....!!!! Thankfully I'm back on Saturday..... :SM_carton: