Madron v Troon Reserves

Division Five

Camborne Town v Probus Reserves

Falmouth DC v Stithians Reserves

Mabe Reserves v Newbridge Athletic

Newquay 4ths v Camborne Athletic

Storm Reserves v Newlyn Lions

Trevenson United Res v Railway Locomotiv

Camborne Town 1-5 Probus Reserves (H/T 1-1)

Probus’ second half dominance saw them win their encounter at Camborne Town. The home side took the lead in the 8th minute when a corner on the right was headed in from close range through the goalkeeper’s fingers. Whether the awkward low winter sun was to blame is unknown although it made visibility difficult throughout the game.

On the quarter hour, a slip from the Town keeper saw him quickly redeem himself with a fine double save. His counterpart made a good save minutes later, tipping the ball over the bar.

Referee David Baxter, whose attitude could probably best be described as relaxed, managed somehow not to hear the commotion behind him as a mini scuffle ensued but play continued and the incident went unpunished.

Four minutes before the break, what could be deemed as a “dangerous tackle” brought the first potty mouth moment of the game when the offender, a Town player said “**** off” to the referee, who explained why he’d given the free kick. It was a reactionary remark, not aimed at the referee but with another official it could have brought a different outcome.

The visitors drew level on the stroke of half time when a high ball into the box went over the static defence and the attacker had a simple close range finish.

It took just four minutes of the second period for the league newcomers to take the lead when a fine shot on the turn found its way into the net and it was 1-3 three minutes later with a low shot.

In the 55th minute came the goal of the game. A poor goal kick was immediately returned by the striker straight into the net from distance.

Credit should go to the Probus manager who, after another “handbags” moment, demanded that his player should shake hands with the opponent he wrestled with.

The difficult pitch saw a shot bobble up and made it easy for a Probus attack to be turned away for a corner. I’m sure in dry weather at the end of the season the goal areas will see some strange bounces of the ball.

The fifth goal went in in the 80th minute following a parry by the Town keeper; he was beaten by the rebound shot.

With time running out, a Camborne player tried telling the veteran referee what to do when he demanded “that’s a ******* yellow card” following another bitchfight. It wasn’t a bad tempered game and any player who’s had Mr Baxter as a referee knows what he is like and he allowed the players to do what was expected, although he insisted a bespectacled Probus substitute remove his glasses. I don’t know the official ruling but I’ve seen a goalkeeper and a striker in the old Falmouth-Helston League get away with it.

The roll-on roll-off substitution rule can be problematic but it seemed as though the visitors made two changes without the referee’s knowledge. It didn’t really make any difference as it was all done properly with no interferences.

Div 2

Chacewater Res 7 Marazion 10 h/t 4-5

Good game for the spectators but not for the management of both teams.

Match very well officiated by Trevor Lawrence as usual and thanks to Marazion for coming back to the pub afterwards.Good bunch of guys.

Jesus. Were they playing rugby?

Gwinear Reserves 4 Mabe 1

I'll be pasting my match report direct from my facebook...

After a very good win against top of the league side Mousehole last week, We knew we had to take that form into today's game against a good Mabe side that beat us Away only a few weeks previously.

From the warm up, again there was a positive attitude from everyone which is good to see. The enthusiasm oozes which is great.

From the off, Gwinear were against it, defending very deep and conceding corner after corner. In the first ten minutes, it was all Mabe, we weren't settled and conceded 7 corners on the bounce within five minutes. At this point, I remember thinking "oh s**t, here we go"...

For the first ten minutes, we were still against it, Mabe wanted it more and we were battling to stop them from scoring. After fifteen minutes, we had a break. A throw in was taken from the left had side, i flicked it on to Josh, the ball was heading towards the corner flag.. He took a touch inside and then hit it underneath the advancing keeper and into the bottom right from a very tight angle. Extremely good finish and one he should be proud of.

This goal, against the run of play had riled the Mabe players up a little bit and they hit back with another offensive, putting pressure on our defence. From another corner, the ball was floated over the top from right to left, with either Craig or Shane back peddling to get to the ball... Unfortunately they back-pedalled into the path of a Mabe player who took to the ground... Referee Pointed to the spot... Mabe player blasts onto the crossbar from 12 yards and defence clears. A lucky escape.

A short while later, it was our turning point, some good play in the middle of the park by Stretch, Shaun and Nick, started opening up the holes. A ball was threaded through in the middle of the park, Nick goes into a 50/50 challenge and sends the Mabe midfielder into orbit and the ball into my path. A little dribble and a drop of the shoulder and I was round the keeper and tapping into an empty net. Celebrations occur and its then that the Mabe Central midfielder leaves space and lands back on the pitch. A great challenge by Nick, a fair one which gave us the kick up the arse that we needed.

After ten minutes of some good play from both sides, but us still on top; Mushy, stretch and the midfield duo continued to play some good football and it was after a combination of passes on the left wing, Mushy stops the ball dead and looks up... Spots me running in the gap and hits a perfectly weighted ball in front of me, defender in tow and keeper advancing, the ball takes a bobble and gets away from me, I stretch to shoot and hit the ball to the keepers right and into the bottom left corner... 3-0.

We now controlled play and were in control for the next 10 minutes until a throw in down by Mabes corner flag... We closed down and got the tackle in, the Mabe centre back launches a ball up field in a hit and hope attempt... Craig in defence unfortunately miscalculated and the ball took a wild bounce and into the path of the Mabe striker, who cooly chipped over the advancing keeper. A goal out of nothing and against the run of play at that time... 3-1

Half time came and the gaffer clearly set the message, carry on with what you are doing. We were on top.

Unfortunately the second half wasn't like the first and we took a while to get out of the changing rooms. The majority of the half was Mabes, they pushed men forward and all the pressure was against us. The togetherness of the team was evident throughout this half, everyone played a massive part in getting the challenges in and getting in the way of the ball, stopping and clearing chances on goal and forcing Mabe to shoot from outside of the box. Goalkeeper Pete had made a few good saves, recapturing his form from the previous week.

We had a few chances up top, with the majority of the balls coming through the middle and over the top, but poor judgement from myself meant I was offside a few times. There was also a one on one where the keeper saved well.

Changes were made, Shane gave way to the returning Chrissy Wallace, Mert gave way to the other returning player, James and Josh was switched with Reave. Mert had a very good game at right back and was instrumental in cutting out the play on the wing.

As soon as the subs got on the field, they knew the job that they had to do. James defended superbly at right wing back and stood strong, ensuring that their left wingers couldn't get forward. Chrissy picked up where he left off previously and strengthened up the centre defensive trio, it didn't look like he'd been away!

Reave slotted in beside me and had some really good play, providing another dynamic up top. With five minutes to go, Reave slotted a ball through the middle for me to run on to. All on my own, ball bouncing and keeper advancing, a little dink over his head, and then a volley into the goal secured the three points and the victory for Gwinear, with a massive sigh of relief from the squad.

It was another really good game where everyone had to put in 100%. A huge shout has to go to the centre midfielders and the defence, their organisation, commitment and determination ensured that we kept the scoreline down and stopped them from taking any points! Some crunching tackles and vital interceptions insured that we kept the momentum up and had something to brag about in the bar after the game.

It sometimes made to look hard to score the goals but the through balls today are what done it for us, yes we still had to put the ball in the back of the net but the play through defence and into midfield was excellent, the goals are certainly down to the hard work of those players. Admittedly, Josh had it all to do for his goal. But, the play was there and the goals are coming because of the ability to get that ball threaded through.

Another awesome game and one where we need take the form into the next game away at Madron, which some times isn't the easiest place to go.

Again, the teams formation, selection and shape was all right. Substitutions were made at the right time and the team talks were spot on so I take my hat off to the gaffer, the unsung hero :)

Massive game, another massive three points and another hugeeeee performance from all involved! Good effort lads

Scorers:

Josh Chandler

Dave Rhian Bartlam 3

Team line up:

Peter Willis

Shane Rosevear (Chrissy Wallace)

Jason Fenton

Craig Young

Andrew Symons

Mert Screen (James Graham)

Nick Troon

Shaun Isaacs

Carl Stretton

Josh Chandler (Reave Marshall Kendall)

Dave Bartlam

Just a quick mention to the referee aswell... His first game in charge since picking up the whistle and I thought he done a very good job. He made a few mistakes but nothing that changed the outcome of the game, the main one being an offside decision against me from our goal kick with no touch from a player in between.. Law 11 states There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from: a goal kick, a throw-in, a corner kick. That's just experience for you and it'll come. I thought he was very good and deserves a high five.

I thought he coped very well with an onslaught of abuse and jibes from the Mabe side, who as the second half went on, got on his back more and more with reference to his time keeping. Rather unfair and unnecessary but kinda understandable when you are battling to get something from the game, but at the same tisme it's not good to get on his back.

All the best to Mabe, as was said after the game, we just wanted it more. We needed the points and after last week, we knew we had to win this game to stand any chance of gaining promotion Into division three.

Storm 1-3 Newlyn Lions

A very different Storm side to the one we played a couple of months ago, made a good game of it from their point of view. We flew out of the blocks and were 2-0 up within the first 15 minutes, creating chance after chance. But we just didn't punish Storm, missing some guilt edged chances and a penalty just before half time, to kill off the game.

At 2-0 going into the second half we should have strolled home but Storm came back regrouped and scored a penalty to make us a little shaky. Luckily we scored our 3rd a couple of minutes after to take the sting out of a resurgent Storm. We carried on creating to no avail and were relieved to hear the final whistle,taking all 3 points home and keeping our 100% league record.

Best of Luck to Storm for the remainder of the season.

Mark

im guessing the 2nds were struggling for a side or even the 1sts and so borrowed from their below teams which then left the 3rds not having any players which is the way a club should work to support their higher teams. plus I think they would have been in trouble if they called off the trelawny prem match for their 2nds and then their 3rds still played so that also may have been the reason why

Well what a lovely Saturday afternoon it was to see my old pals 'pitty' , 'fercup' , 'hammers' , 'coopsy' and 'richards'.

Four lanes vs holmans reserves

The game started rather even I thought then a softest penalty I've ever seen given four lanes took the lead, then within 15 mins, were 3-0 before halftime. With holmans also having a couple of chances to draw it level.

2nd half was a meley of good finishing from both sides, and some rather strange appeals from the 'fercup' for balls which were no where near holmans throw ins etc lol!

Great game in a great atmosphere, with some good football from both sides finishing 6-2 to four lanes.

Great bunch of guys from Holmans!

Have I missed something here, Mousehole unable to raise a team for their fixture against Penwith?

im guessing the 2nds were struggling for a side or even the 1sts and so borrowed from their below teams which then left the 3rds not having any players which is the way a club should work to support their higher teams. plus I think they would have been in trouble if they called off the trelawny prem match for their 2nds and then their 3rds still played so that also may have been the reason why

1st team have taken 4 off me (2nds), I also have 2 ill, so I have taken 6 off 3rds which as you can guess, has left them with bugger all!

Trelawny League Division 4: Ludgvan Reserves 8-0 Carharrack Reserves

Ludgvan climbed to fourth in the league after claiming a comfortable 8-0 win over Carharrack at Fair Field.

Despite winning the reverse fixture 11-3 at Clijah Croft four weeks ago, the Hurlers were careful not to show any complacency toward their opponents in this one.

After a relatively even opening period, the home side took the lead when Ben Mills latched on to a Michael Fitchett pass before slotting the ball past the goalkeeper.

Tom Ramsey then doubled Ludgvan's lead with a well-taken free-kick from the edge of the penalty area, before doubling his own tally with a superb bicycle kick after the visiting defence failed to adequately clear a corner.

Jamie Leah made it 4-0 when he fired home from a tight angle after an incisive run by Mills, and the Hurlers were given a chance to make it five just before half-time when referee Tim Burley awarded a penalty for a blatant push in the back.

Ramsey - the player who was fouled - picked himself up to take the spot-kick but was denied his hat-trick by the Carharrack goalkeeper, who dived low to his right-hand side to make the stop.

After the interval, the visitors went in search of a way back into the game by committing more men forward. However, the obvious risk of this strategy is that there is more space at the back - something that Ludgvan duly took advantage of.

After a powerful run down the right-hand side, Mills put Leah through on goal and, despite the visiting goalkeeper getting down to make the save, the rebound fell to Scott Stevens to apply the finish.

Leah added the home side's sixth goal minutes later; another good run by Mills had the Carharrack defence back-pedalling, allowing the forward to drop back into space before collecting the ball and rifling it into the bottom left-hand corner.

David Gray's deep cross from the right-hand side then fell kindly for Stevens at the back post, allowing the midfielder to make it 7-0.

Leah became the second Hurler of the afternoon to waste a glorious opportunity for a hat-trick when he fluffed his lines after racing through one-on-one with the goalkeeper, but Stevens snatched the chance after being brought down by a late tackle in the penalty area, sending the goalkeeper the wrong way to round off the scoring.

The result was a fair one, as the visitors failed to draw a save from Ludgvan goalkeeper Jonathan Fitchett all afternoon. That being said, bad decision making and a number of poor touches prevented the home side from really getting going.

Ludgvan Reserves: J Fitchett; R Leah, Ramsey, Matthews, M Harris; Mills, M Fitchett, Fletcher, Stevens (J Harris); Gray, J Leah.

Just a quick mention to the referee aswell... His first game in charge since picking up the whistle and I thought he done a very good job. He made a few mistakes but nothing that changed the outcome of the game, the main one being an offside decision against me from our goal kick with no touch from a player in between.. Law 11 states There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from: a goal kick, a throw-in, a corner kick. That's just experience for you and it'll come. I thought he was very good and deserves a high five.

I thought he coped very well with an onslaught of abuse and jibes from the Mabe side, who as the second half went on, got on his back more and more with reference to his time keeping. Rather unfair and unnecessary but kinda understandable when you are battling to get something from the game, but at the same tisme it's not good to get on his back.

All the best to Mabe, as was said after the game, we just wanted it more. We needed the points and after last week, we knew we had to win this game to stand any chance of gaining promotion Into division three.

Good to see all the hard work Trooner and the guys at Gwinear is starting to pay off and getting the results they deserve

Mabe are a good team and to dispatch them easily shows how much the guys are putting there all in for the cause

Trelawney 2

Sennan 0 Illogan 3's 3

On a gorgeous day we came up against a young battling sennen side who huffed and puffed without really creating too much. We took the lead on about 15 minutes richy ward continuing where he left off finishing from close range after being the quickest to react to a rebound from a Ryan Treloar shot. That was the half time score illogan guilty of not making the right decisions and trying to rush the final ball, 1-0 is always a dangerous score and a few free kicks and ricochets could have put sennen back in it but none were on target.

We needed to put some space between us and our opponents and despite a brighter start from our opponents in which a few through balls could have caused problems had their final touch been a bit better, Tom butt's back heel eventually put us 2 up when it was smashed home by a sennen defender and Tarik made it safe with a header for the 3rd, we saw the game out fairly comfortably to move up to 6th, well ref'd by Elliot Green, all the best to sennan x

Trelawney 5

Camborne Town 1 - Probus Reserves 5

Would like to follow on from 'Willow Tree's' comments on the game. Unfortunately Mr Baxter did not have the greatest game but at least his level of indecision making was consistent to both teams. Whilst not liking to criticise any official, as an away manager I did feel that he really wasn't interested in the game.

I would take slight exception to Willow Tree's comments about the game being bad tempered - we have tried really hard to keep bad behaviour out of our games, hence insisting on shaking hands after fouls etc. and in fairness whilst a few feisty challenges took place most were because of a lack of control in the middle of the park. I found Camborne Town to be a good natured squad and there was far more 'fun than fouls'..

As a match review - (biased as manager) I felt Probus wasted several chances and up until half time kept Camborne in the game. With the slope, sun and bobbly pitch the second half became somewhat one-sided and several Probus chance were wasted - by no means a pop at Camborne - just the way the game worked on the day.

Would like to thank Camborne for hospitality and wish them good luck for the rest of season.

Lizard Argyle Res. 4 v 3 Newlyn Non Athletico Res.

Hmmmm, Newlyn were ravaged by baby-sitting duties, illness and absenteeism, plus the usual "has anyone heard from John/Sam/Ed/Phil...." and so on, but managed to assemble not 11, but 12 fairly willing men of varying ages and ability to take the overnight journey to the Lizard for this afternoons Division 4 encounter.

Newlyn raced into a 2 nil lead, the first goal being somewhat classy after about 20 seconds, the second being a bit fortunate, slipping through the goalkeepers grasp and bobbling over the line. Lizard got their act together, and brought the score level by half time, as well as generously missing a penalty.

Second half was fairly even, few chances, but when they arrived, a great cross and good header, which found a mixture of goalpost/crossbar, rebounded to the Lizard striker who could hardly miss from 3 yards, and they soon followed by adding a fourth before Newlyn hit straight back with their own third.

However, something of an amusing incident occurred today. First half, Lizard corner, taken, headed behind for another corner. The ball may have gone through the air over the area of the crossbar, but clearly on one side. Lizard guy runs to retrieve ball, and heads off to the other side to take the next corner. We point out to the ref that clearly the guy had raced to the wrong corner, only to have the ref explain that you can take the corner from either side. It is your choice?!? I am not sure about that, anyone else come across this rule? Anyway, amusing incident is in the second half, with Newlyn on the attack, defender slides and knocks ball out for a Newlyn corner, near to the corner flag. Newlyn player retrieves ball, tucks under armpit, and jogs to the other corner to take the kick. Hilarious, I must say.

So, no wonder the ref never even spoke to our linesman in the first half, who raised his flag for offside, not even an acknowledgment, just let play carry on, resulting in the Lizard first goal. Lunacy and ignorance bundled together, with a whistle.

Good luck to Lizard, tidy little team.

Mabe reserves 2-2 newbridge

A fair result on the day I feel, mane controlled the 1st half only to go in a goal down after giving away a penalty.

Newbridge came out in the 2nd half and got right at us, scoring another after a huge throw in. We get our heads up and scored 2 quick goals to level things and that's how it stayed until the end

However, something of an amusing incident occurred today. First half, Lizard corner, taken, headed behind for another corner. The ball may have gone through the air over the area of the crossbar, but clearly on one side. Lizard guy runs to retrieve ball, and heads off to the other side to take the next corner. We point out to the ref that clearly the guy had raced to the wrong corner, only to have the ref explain that you can take the corner from either side. It is your choice?!? I am not sure about that, anyone else come across this rule? Anyway, amusing incident is in the second half, with Newlyn on the attack, defender slides and knocks ball out for a Newlyn corner, near to the corner flag. Newlyn player retrieves ball, tucks under armpit, and jogs to the other corner to take the kick. Hilarious, I must say.

So, no wonder the ref never even spoke to our linesman in the first half, who raised his flag for offside, not even an acknowledgment, just let play carry on, resulting in the Lizard first goal. Lunacy and ignorance bundled together, with a whistle

I notice it was the same referee in the now infamous Mullion vs Penryn abandoned game last week..

Redruth Utd Res 1 v 3 Pendeen Rovers

Very competetive and feisty but a very good game we (pendeen)started very quickly scoring within 6 minutes by our inform striker chris bullock we then let redruth settle and they had a couple of half chances but to no avail,there was then a dubios back pass by redruth which resulted in a fre kick to us which was taken very quickly but some how chris from about 5 yards managed to sky it hence he got **** of the day for that lol,he then rectified his mis with a great finish from a fantastic free kick delivered in by gallier straight on to chris's foot to slot passed the redruth keeper we totally dominated the 1st half and should have really put the game to bed but struggled to score anymore so 2-0 ht.

2nd half got under way and we didnt really leave the changing rooms redruth were certainly a different side pressing us very hard but to no avail for a long time with the a blatent handball claim denied they must have thought it wasnt there day but about 5 mins later a decision was given for handball which never was but i guess made up for the 1st one ref didnt give was despatched well by redruths number 10 so 2-1 to us with about 15mins left and redruth certainly had bit between there tails we introduced the veteran striker perry bullock,redruth kept pressing and pressing but we defended extremely well then we broke away very quickly chris b passing to silas then silas sliding a pin point pass to perry and the guy still has calmly put the ball away making it 3-1 to us and the 3 pts safe.

Must add very young ref but dealt with everything very well.

Game played in good spirits always a good game against redruth good bunch of lads good luck for rest of the season guys.

Mabe Reserves 2-2 Newbridge Athletic

Newbridge started slowly this week and took good 5-10 minutes to get going. In this time the play was fairly even with neither team having many attempts. Newbridge then finally got going and start to have some efforts at goal with nothing coming from them. Then the turning point came from Newbridge's shot the Mabe defender put up his arm and blocked it, the ref checked to see where the incident had happened and pointed to the spot. Joe Ashton then put the ball past the keeper to take the lead for Newbridge, 1-0. Newbridge continued their pressure on the home team and had several more attempts but failed to double their advantage. Mabe then had a chance to draw level from a tight angle but the shot was well blocked by Newbridge keeper Aaron Jones. Newbridge then put the pressure back on Mabe once again but to no avail. Half time score 1-0 Newbridge

2nd half Newbridge started the way they finished the first half and were looking for that second goal to make their lead more comfortable. Ten minutes into the second the breakthrough came. A throw on the right hand side was lofted into the box, James Tregay flicked the ball on towards the keeper who fumbled it and James Tregay tucked in the loose ball to make it 2-0. Just 5 minutes later and Mabe were back in the game, a lapse of concentration from Newbridge aloud Mabe back into the game and a shot from the edge of the box curled into the top corner. 5 mins later and Mabe were level, a long ball from the Mabe goalkeeper misjudged by Newbridge and the Mabe player chipped it in over the Newbridge keeper. Newbridge feeling deflated at this point but picked their heads up to try and get the lead back. Newbridge had a few attempts but many were tame and were very easy for the keeper. Mabe then almost went in front but an excellent save from Aaron kept the scores level. Newbridge got lots of throws and tried to get the 3 points but Mabe dealt with everything Newbridge had to give in the final few minutes and the ref blew the whistle for full time, felt we should have had more from the chances we had but it's a point a piece, final score 2-2.

M.O.M Ben Montgomery & Elliot Baker, both had a very good game and couldn't choose between them.

Mabe were a good bunch of lads and the hospitality back the pub was excellent.

Was a good game to be a part of aj, could of gone either way and good football was played for the whole game, even though the pitch is starting to take the beating of the winter weather

Thanks for coming back, not many teams do and there is always a spread on and cheap bottles of beer for players

Good luck for the season

Redruth Utd Res 1 v 3 Pendeen Rovers

Very competetive and feisty but a very good game we (pendeen)started very quickly scoring within 6 minutes by our inform striker chris bullock we then let redruth settle and they had a couple of half chances but to no avail,there was then a dubios back pass by redruth which resulted in a fre kick to us which was taken very quickly but some how chris from about 5 yards managed to sky it hence he got **** of the day for that lol,he then rectified his mis with a great finish from a fantastic free kick delivered in by gallier straight on to chris's foot to slot passed the redruth keeper we totally dominated the 1st half and should have really put the game to bed but struggled to score anymore so 2-0 ht.

2nd half got under way and we didnt really leave the changing rooms redruth were certainly a different side pressing us very hard but to no avail for a long time with the a blatent handball claim denied they must have thought it wasnt there day but about 5 mins later a decision was given for handball which never was but i guess made up for the 1st one ref didnt give was despatched well by redruths number 10 so 2-1 to us with about 15mins left and redruth certainly had bit between there tails we introduced the veteran striker perry bullock,redruth kept pressing and pressing but we defended extremely well then we broke away very quickly chris b passing to silas then silas sliding a pin point pass to perry and the guy still has calmly put the ball away making it 3-1 to us and the 3 pts safe.

Must add very young ref but dealt with everything very well.

Game played in good spirits always a good game against redruth good bunch of lads good luck for rest of the season guys.

Agree with everything except the part about the Ref Wayne, I thought he had a total shocker! Didn't effect the outcome of the game and was a bit gutted to come away with nothing but good luck to your lads for the rest of the season, hopefully won't be playing you next year as Pendeen as a club deserve Trelawney Prem / Combination league football. Congratulations on the rebuilding work after last season.

Greg - Redruth UTD Reserves manager

Timbotastic and Addick1

A very fair reflection of the game once again, we started very poorly and on another day we may have had a better out come if we hadn't given you a two goal head start. Best side we have came across in the division so far. And I/we wish you all the best to keep on your 100% quest. Good bunch of lads to go with it.

newquay 4th 3-3 camborne ath (3-1 h.t)

newquay with a very squad to 2weeks ago also a game which could have got violent. newquay seamed to want to injure cambornes players with alot of dirty fouls which was ignored by the ref. newquay players going to ground over any slight touch. newquay went 1-0 up from a defencive mistake athletic equalised soon after with a shot from inside a compact 18 yrd box from ryan breakwell. newquay went 2-1 from a clear dive.newquay went 3-1 up with anothr defencive mistake.

half time

camborne by far the better team and newquay seamed more interested in diving, time wasting and kicking camborne and shouting abuse from the side lines.

camborne scored a 2nd goal from a pen. newquays defenfer hand balled it to stop a goal however wsnt shown a card. athletic then dominated the game before getting a third.

Div 3

Helston 3rds 5 v Wendron 3rds 0

Wendron played very well in the first half, were quicker than us to everything, at closing us down and winning the ball in all areas of the pitch and made things uncomfortable for us, although we managed to go in at Half time 1-0 up when Mike Henderson poked home after good work from Jack Noy and and Tom Lake.

At half time we said that Wendron would not be able to keep that pace up and so proved to be the case as we out played them and completely dominated in the second half. The turn around came with an inspired display from 16 year old Dan Turner a product from one of our under 16 sides who came off the bench two score his first two goals in mens football, the first a fine finish from a tight angle the second a brave and powerful header. Chris Matthews then curled a superb shot into the top corner and the scoring was completed by another young substitute Alex Cook who poked home.

The game was superbly refereed by Jamie Chown

Div 3

Helston 3rds 5 v Wendron 3rds 0

Wendron played very well in the first half, were quicker than us to everything, at closing us down and winning the ball in all areas of the pitch and made things uncomfortable for us, although we managed to go in at Half time 1-0 up when Mike Henderson poked home after good work from Jack Noy and and Tom Lake.

At half time we said that Wendron would not be able to keep that pace up and so proved to be the case as we out played them and completely dominated in the second half. The turn around came with an inspired display from 16 year old Dan Turner a product from one of our under 16 sides who came off the bench two score his first two goals in mens football, the first a fine finish from a tight angle the second a brave and powerful header. Chris Matthews then curled a superb shot into the top corner and the scoring was completed by another young substitute Alex Cook who poked home.

The game was superbly refereed by Jamie Chown

Without doubt the best ref we have had this season, talked through all decisions that he made and let the game flow. Cornish football needs more refs like you :thumbsup:

Div 1

Chacewater Res 7-10 Marazion

This was definitely a game for the neutral and not so much for the two management teams. Chacewater opened the scoring in the first couple of minutes when we failed to clear and their striker capitalised by hammering the ball into the roof of the net from a very tight angle. We equalised straight away when the ball was crossed in from the right and Liam Mooney got in front of his marker and with the slightest of touches, lifted the ball over the keeper and into the back of the net. He then scored again within minutes from close range. It looked like we took control of the the game when we went 3-1 up after a Chacewater defender could only divert a cross passed his keeper. Chacewater then went on the rampage scoring three goals within minutes. First one the striker who scored their opener walked through too many half hearted challenges before scoring past Kevin Waite. He then beat the offside trap and slid the ball past Kevin before scoring his forth with a neat chip. Within minutes we had gone from 3-1 to 4-3 down. Unbelievable Jeff...!!!!! Thankfully we were on level terms soon afterwards when Adam Caul scored, blasting in after a corner wasn't cleared. Then Liam Mooney was hacked down in the box and Sanjay Vadgama, taking over the penalty duties following Adam Caul's miss last week, waited for the keeper to dive before putting it down the middle. 5-4 at half time but could and should have been 6-4 after Matty Thomas was one on one with the keeper but decided to square the ball rather than shoot, to Craig Rennard who was unmarked with an open goal but flicked the ball over the bar.

We managed to finally take control of this game after Matty Thomas scored a quick brace. Firstly cutting in from the left before sending the keeper the wrong way, then taking it around the keeper and sliding the ball into the empty net. Craig Rennard then made amends for his first half miss when he collected then ball, cut inside and hammered it into the top corner. Chacewater then scored again after we failed to clear a corner but further goals from Matty and Liam wrapped up the points. Chacewater did score two late consolation goals but it was too little too late.

Unreal game to be involved in, poor defending from both teams but clinical finishing from both teams especially the Chacewater striker who scored 4 in the first half, although strange that after destroying us in the first half he was then switched to right midfield in the second, where he did nothing. All in all a thankful 3 points to keep us on the tails of the leaders. Game was well reffed and no complaints with any decisions he made.

Kevin Waite

Anthony Stott

James Burlingham

Adam Caul 1

Adam Martin

Craig Rennard 1

Dale Vigus

Jordan Taylor

Sanjay Vadgama 1

Liam Mooney 3

Matty Thomas 3

OG 1

Subs

Jack Ralph

Danny Taylor

Steve Hunt

Scott James

MOM - Liam Mooney - hat trick and ran for everything all game

newquay 4th 3-3 camborne ath (3-1 h.t)

newquay with a very squad to 2weeks ago also a game which could have got violent. newquay seamed to want to injure cambornes players with alot of dirty fouls which was ignored by the ref. newquay players going to ground over any slight touch. newquay went 1-0 up from a defencive mistake athletic equalised soon after with a shot from inside a compact 18 yrd box from ryan breakwell. newquay went 2-1 from a clear dive.newquay went 3-1 up with anothr defencive mistake.

half time

camborne by far the better team and newquay seamed more interested in diving, time wasting and kicking camborne and shouting abuse from the side lines.

camborne scored a 2nd goal from a pen. newquays defenfer hand balled it to stop a goal however wsnt shown a card. athletic then dominated the game before getting a third.

After reading this I did wonder if it was the same game that I played in!

Yes, we had 6 changes from the original fixture and it was a weaker side than 2 weeks ago.

I'm not sure how you think the game could have got violent unless you are referring to the 2 footed calf high challenge that one of your defenders made or when your No 3 decided to spin round and stick his face in our No 10's! As for us making dirty tackles - some of our young side struggle to make a tackle let alone a dirty one!

Yes, I agree a few of our players did go to ground after being 'tackled' but I think that was more to do with the difference in size. Lets be honest your side are slightly heavier built that the 16 to 18 year old's who made up 13 of our 15 man/boy squad.

Newquay actually went 1-0 up from some good right wing play and an fine pull back to the edge of the area where the midfielder drove the ball into the bottom corner with a first time finish. Yes, your equalizer was a fine strike from inside a compact 18 yard box following a free kick. Newquay then took a 2-1 lead from the penalty spot after your defender swiped our strikers legs from behind while he was shielding the ball. Yes, we then scored a 3rd after some good play down our left or as you described it "another defensive mistake"

2nd Half: You were the better side for about 25 minutes but that was down to us having to make changes due to some of us not having played for several weeks. (remember the 6 changes) I cannot remember any time wasting, in fact we are so inexperienced that at 3-1 up we were still trying to score rather than 'kill the game' or as you put it 'waste time".

As for abuse from the side line, I think had you listened you would have noticed that it was all in good humour and aimed mainly at the Newquay players by the own 'friends'. It's what is now commonly known as 'a bit of banter'.

Yes, I agree your 2nd goal was from a penalty but the hand ball wasn't stopping the ball from going in the goal, the defender was about 2 yards inside the box not even central but on the left hand side and for some reason had his hand out to stop the cross. I must add it was a qreat penalty and not even your keeper would have saved it.

I can't agree you dominated the rest of the game as I cant remember our Gk having to make a save but what I can remember is your linesman being very 'flag happy' especially after we 'scored'. But we all know its not easy to do the line especially if you don't know the offside rule........

However, you did get your 3rd goal from our 'defensive mistake' allowing your wide player to cut in and score with a fine finish.

Anyway, football is a game of opinions and unfortunately ours both differ.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Div 1

This was definitely a game for the neutral and not so much for the two management teams. Chacewater opened the scoring in the first couple of minutes when we failed to clear and their striker capitalised by hammering the ball into the roof of the net from a very tight angle. We equalised straight away when the ball was crossed in from the right and Liam Mooney got in front of his marker and with the slightest of touches, lifted the ball over the keeper and into the back of the net. He then scored again within minutes from close range. It looked like we took control of the the game when we went 3-1 up after a Chacewater defender could only divert a cross passed his keeper. Chacewater then went on the rampage scoring three goals within minutes. First one the striker who scored their opener walked through too many half hearted challenges before scoring past Kevin Waite. He then beat the offside trap and slid the ball past Kevin before scoring his forth with a neat chip. Within minutes we had gone from 3-1 to 4-3 down. Unbelievable Jeff...!!!!! Thankfully we were on level terms soon afterwards when Adam Caul scored, blasting in after a corner wasn't cleared. Then Liam Mooney was hacked down in the box and Sanjay Vadgama, taking over the penalty duties following Adam Caul's miss last week, waited for the keeper to dive before putting it down the middle. 5-4 at half time but could and should have been 6-4 after Matty Thomas was one on one with the keeper but decided to square the ball rather than shoot, to Craig Rennard who was unmarked with an open goal but flicked the ball over the bar.

We managed to finally take control of this game after Matty Thomas scored a quick brace. Firstly cutting in from the left before sending the keeper the wrong way, then taking it around the keeper and sliding the ball into the empty net. Craig Rennard then made amends for his first half miss when he collected then ball, cut inside and hammered it into the top corner. Chacewater then scored again after we failed to clear a corner but further goals from Matty and Liam wrapped up the points. Chacewater did score two late consolation goals but it was too little too late.

Unreal game to be involved in, poor defending from both teams but clinical finishing from both teams especially the Chacewater striker who scored 4 in the first half, although strange that after destroying us in the first half he was then switched to right midfield in the second, where he did nothing. All in all a thankful 3 points to keep us on the tails of the leaders. Game was well reffed and no complaints with any decisions he made.

Kevin Waite

Anthony Stott

James Burlingham

Adam Caul 1

Adam Martin

Craig Rennard 1

Dale Vigus

Jordan Taylor

Sanjay Vadgama 1

Liam Mooney 3

Matty Thomas 3

OG 1

Subs

Jack Ralph

Danny Taylor

Steve Hunt

Scott James

bit harsh i didn't do 'nothing' in the 2nd half...i set a couple up...cheeky lol

Div 1

Kevin Waite

Anthony Stott

James Burlingham

Adam Caul 1

Adam Martin

Craig Rennard 1

Dale Vigus

Jordan Taylor

Sanjay Vadgama 1

Liam Mooney 3

Matty Thomas 3

OG 1

Subs

Jack Ralph

Danny Taylor

Steve Hunt

Scott James

bit harsh i didn't do 'nothing' in the 2nd half...i set a couple up...cheeky lol

Sorry mate......didn't mean it the way it sounds, just found it strange why you didn't play up front second half, I was quite complimentary in my write up!!!!

Div 1

Kevin Waite

Anthony Stott

James Burlingham

Adam Caul 1

Adam Martin

Craig Rennard 1

Dale Vigus

Jordan Taylor

Sanjay Vadgama 1

Liam Mooney 3

Matty Thomas 3

OG 1

Subs

Jack Ralph

Danny Taylor

Steve Hunt

Scott James

Sorry mate......didn't mean it the way it sounds, just found it strange why you didn't play up front second half, I was quite complimentary in my write up!!!!

Yes you were complimentary Bluenose.You gave him the first goal which he didn't score! lol