Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 23rd February 2013

Titans 4 v 1 st ives. Titans raced into a 3-0 lead inside 30 minutes with 3 headers we may as well have been stood in concrete for the attempts we made at stopping these headers. Game set match, 2nd Half we restored some pride got a goal could have had another 1 or 2 titans made sure of things with 10 or so to go. Good side, well drilled, good spirit in the titans ranks, they will walk to the title. Thought 8 and 7 were different gravy especially 7 first half keeper made some good stops, cheers for the food and we also enjoyed the plush changing rooms although you could do with a better sound system that doesn't distort the base ;)

Div 2. Frog pool 2-3 Storm Fc Interesting game which we (storm) felt we should have won by more. Both frog pool goals penalties. We should have had a pen ourselves and missed a couple of one on one's. Very hard fought game and what we see as a deserved win but extremely close in the end.

Prem

St Agnes 7 - 0 Penzance (HT 0-0)

PZ battled well in the first half and made it difficult for us. Dave Keveren got his hair dryer out at half time and we went on to score through Paul Blake, Mark Mitchell (2), Ben Bado, and a tap in from James Thomas (ok it was 50 odd yards).

Most importantly there were goals on their return to action for centre half Shane Cameron (2 years under the thumb) and Tom Hills who smashed in a volley having been out with a serious injury for 2 years.

Well reffed throughout.

Fal Athletic 3-3 Culdrose

Fal scorees Paul Jeffrey 2 and Mike Cudlipp

Hard fought game between 2 sides on a rough pitch, Culdrose taking the lead after 20, but this only seemed to kick us into gear and we got the ball down and had a good go, scoring 3 before the half. Culdrose came out in the 2nd half all guns blazing, pressing us hard and high stopping us playing, we held out until 5 mins to go, when 2 individual errors let them in score 2 goals in a minute. Feel a bit hard done by after all the hard work we put in, 2 points dropped but another game without a loss after all the upheaval over recent weeks

Cury 1 mullion 5 cury rubbish from start to finish pitch had been cut but the tractor track didn't help the quality of football. Couple of points shame mullion had to cheat over a corner the full back number 16 I think clearly cudnt get his bulky figure to the ball before it crossed the bye line which should of given cury a corner but between the poor sportsmanship from the full back and the blatant cheating from the linesman less than 2 yards away the ref gave a throw i wudnt normally mention such rubbish but that bit of cheating cost out full back a booking. Secondly such a shame that although mullion is a couple of miles from cury no one from mullion could come back for food and a drink. We will show the same support for ur club in the return match. Finally well done to the ref today thought he had a good game

Div 5

St Erme 1.1 Clipper Bar

1st goal mark rapsey

2nd goal Matty Knurek

both teams started off at full swing with rappo missing a few early on and also clipper bar hitting the cross bar and a few put wide before an amazing is the only way to describe it rappo shoot... basicly on the touch line turned our defender and shoot across goal to hit the top far corner amazing goal. clipper continued to push to stay in the game with a few shots not hitting the back of the net before matty knurek took a lovly touch form a miss kicked st erme goal kick to lob the keeper form about 20 yards outside the 18 yrd box. 2nd half st erme picked it up and pushed hard but clipper bars back line held it together really well st erme mainly had more attacking chances in the 2nd half but clipper held strong to stop them from getting any more with 4 headers off the goal line. all in all a great game from both clubs well reffed and a great feeling from both teams. well done clipper lads keep it up and thanks to st erme for agreeing to use our pitch and for making it such a gd game... cheers lads.

Trelawny Premier

St Agnes Reserves 7-0 Penzance Reserves

Thought Penzance had half a chance at half-time with the scores standing at 0-0. St Agnes had camped out in the Pz half of the pitch but poor finishing and deep defending kept them at bay. Of the 45mins Penzance managed about 8mins in the Aggie half but were being caught frustratingly off-side.

The second half was a totally different story as St Agnes upped their pace and knock the ball long to the back post. With a 60 year old plus a chap with 20 grandchildren who last pulled on a Magpies shirt along with tiring youngsters the game was over as soon as the second goal went in.

Seven goals scored in the second period with 15 scored in 15mins at the start of the half.

Penzance had not one shot at goal today.

Next Saturday off for Penzance then it's a mid-week fixture, home to St Buryan.

Match facts

Corners: St Agnes 16-0 Penzance

Fouls conceded: St Agnes 6-7 Penzance

Crowd - 10 (there were twice/three times as many watching the rugby on the telly in the clubhouse)

Goals

1-0 49mins

2-0 50mins

3-0 54mins

4-0 61mins

5-0 64mins

6-0 75mins

7-0 77mins

Titans 4-1 ST Ives

Can't add to much to dagerags above took some good crosses and neat headers for two of our goals Jamie cooper hat-trick who was a menace all game, and the numbers mentioned above Jordan Jackson and captain jack stocker , have to say thought for the first time in three games we looked unbeatable. Well reffed by Kevin Bennetts and thanks to st Ives bit of game banter but nice bunch of lads who will certainly play there part in deciding where the div 2 title ends up. Look forward to the return at a later date :)ps dags I will see if I can get fat boy off east Enders to sort the base.

Premier

Redruth united 3-1 Carharrack

The game started evenly and it was carharrack who took the lead after 15 mins after Barry Penfold was adjudged to have fouled liam bray in the box who got up and converted from the spot. Redruth then started to get on top of the game after a good decision from Neil Jeffries to change to a 433 which caused the carharrack defence a lot of problems and after half an hour a Barry Penfold free kick delivered into the box which Adam Matthews fumbled right onto the foot of trelawny leagues top goalscorer Brett Adams to slot in, shortly after Carharrack conceded again when a mix up between Matthews and Matt Mitchell which he headed over Matthews into his own net, 2-1 them it was soon 3-1 after a corner which Matthews punched into his own net, 3-1. Half time 3-1.

Second half

Redruth started as they finished with Brett Adams forcing a save from Matthews, both teams exchanged possession and carharrack nearly made it 3-2 but when liam bray lobbed the keeper only to be denied by the post. Redruth also went close with a couple shots from johnny jones and moha, then with fifteen minutes left James Martin had a shot saved and then cleared off the line by jake Williams, good game with Redruth coming out with the 3 points

Good luck rest of season

Barker Bowl

Quarter Final

Marazion Res 7-2 Mabe

Started the game well creating a couple of chances early on. Matty Thomas opened the scoring, stabbing home from close range after the Mabe back line failed to clear. Matty soon made in 2-0, following up after the keeper saved his initial shot. Mabe then had a chance to reduce the deficit but their striker sliced wide when one on one with the keeper. Half way through the half came the goal of the game. Scott James beat his marker twice, then switched play with a pin point 30 yard pass to Craig Rennard who controlled the ball with one touch, then lobbing the keeper with his second touch. Class all round. Craig then got his brace firing past the keeper late in the half.

Team talk was simple, just keep playing like we had and use the big pitch to our advantage. Fifth goal came from an inswinging, Steve Hunt corner, headed in by myself at the near post. Mabe then got one back after their striker beat the offside trap and raced through to blast the ball past Eric in goal. Mark Hampton, who had just come on as a sub scored the sixth firing in from just inside the area. Mabe scored again when a cross deep to the far post was met by one of their players from about 1 yard out. Craig had the final say scoring his hat trick with the final kick of the game.

All in all a comfortable win which sees us into the semi final. Mabe battled to the final whistle and have some talented players especially their skipper who was like a rock at the back. The only blemish on the game was after a 50/50 challenge by Mark on their keeper, the Mabe left back went all Rocky Balboa, offering to knock Matty out after the game. All schoolboy stuff but it didn't stop him body checking Matt after the ball had gone with the refs back turned. A bit cowardly but Matty had the last laugh by nut megging him with a back heel. Classic!!!!!

Ref had a good game and only had to show one card for a late barge by the Mabe sub.

Eric Sleeman

James Burlingham Jamie Mooney

Scott James

Adams Martin 1

Adam Caul

Sanjay Vadgama

Craig Rennard 3

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus Mark Hampton 1

Matty Thomas 2

Jason O'Sullivan

MOM : close one between Matty and Craig who ran the Mabe defence ragged all afternoon but Craig scored the hat trick so honours go to him.

Div 5

Storm Res 2-2 Trevenson (1-0)

Missed the first half as watched Storm 1st. But the second half saw a pen to Trevenson to make it 1-1. Then after a good bit of play from Mark Mitchell he put in a good cross right on to Ryan Breakwell's head (didnt move an inch) to make it 2-1. Then Trevenson got it back to 2-2 and kept pushin and Storm defence held strong. But could of gone either way in last 15.

Spot on report Dave, thought you guys defended superbly mate and although we had loads off the line you probably deserved a point for all your efforts. Thought you held it up well and Matty was lively up there with you mate, your midfield worked hard and your defenders were excellent, how did your lad keep out Jay Howmans header gong in the top corner right on half time??? Thanks for the kind words Dave, the shot could have gone anywhere on my left peg though bud!!! Felt like Marco Van Basten for a minute!!! More like Mark Fat Bastard in reality though!!! Was chuffed to see it dip in the top corner!! Had a bad day to be honest, the bottom of my boot was flapping for the last half hour, slid in with Brian for the one that came off my studs and went wide and got up and my boot was hanging off! Felt like coco the clown every time I kicked it after that!!! More expense! Although it will be my last pair anyway! Then I got stuck in a pretty bad accident on the way home to St.Austell, five cars smashed to bits, four ambulances and the air ambulance landing in the field, hour wait and then they closed the road and had to go home the back lanes anyway!! A least the footie results and England rugby commentary was on the radio and I put sky go on my phone for a bit stuck in the queue!!! Thanks again for today and for swapping the venue for us to play the game and best of luck for the rest of the season, great bunch of lads, keep playing like that and you will pick up loads more points mate x

Spot on report Dave, thought you guys defended superbly mate and although we had loads off the line you probably deserved a point for all your efforts. Thought you held it up well and Matty was lively up there with you mate, your midfield worked hard and your defenders were excellent, how did your lad keep out Jay Howmans header gong in the top corner right on half time??? Thanks for the kind words Dave, the shot could have gone anywhere on my left peg though bud!!! Felt like Marco Van Basten for a minute!!! More like Mark Fat Bastard in reality though!!! Was chuffed to see it dip in the top corner!! Had a bad day to be honest, the bottom of my boot was flapping for the last half hour, slid in with Brian for the one that came off my studs and went wide and got up and my boot was hanging off! Felt like coco the clown every time I kicked it after that!!! More expense! Although it will be my last pair anyway! Then I got stuck in a pretty bad accident on the way home to St.Austell, five cars smashed to bits, four ambulances and the air ambulance landing in the field, hour wait and then they closed the road and had to go home the back lanes anyway!! A least the footie results and England rugby commentary was on the radio and I put sky go on my phone for a bit stuck in the queue!!! Thanks again for today and for swapping the venue for us to play the game and best of luck for the rest of the season, great bunch of lads, keep playing like that and you will pick up loads more points mate x

thanks mate u boys pressed really hard 2nd half and ur defence was strong i was worried ud beat us but yh id say the draw was fair u lads battled hard and was very strong all game but both teams played really well i enjoyed battling with ur lad benni i think kid who looks like messi lol was a great game and im glad u lads was happy with the reverse fixture rather than no game, mark fat bastard haha mate that made me laugh that goal just showed ur sheer tallent mate could say luck but u knew what u was doing as to be able to score like that was very impressive mate we got a very good shot stopper keeper and ur goal was truely class mate all the best for the rest of the season keep banging em in mate i hope u got home ok mate i wondered why u hadnt put up match report lol really gd game 2day mate ur a great bunch of lads and deserve to do well this season... all the best mate and hopefully see u on a pitch nxt season mate.

thanks mate u boys pressed really hard 2nd half and ur defence was strong i was worried ud beat us but yh id say the draw was fair u lads battled hard and was very strong all game but both teams played really well i enjoyed battling with ur lad benni i think kid who looks like messi lol was a great game and im glad u lads was happy with the reverse fixture rather than no game, mark fat bastard haha mate that made me laugh that goal just showed ur sheer tallent mate could say luck but u knew what u was doing as to be able to score like that was very impressive mate we got a very good shot stopper keeper and ur goal was truely class mate all the best for the rest of the season keep banging em in mate i hope u got home ok mate i wondered why u hadnt put up match report lol really gd game 2day mate ur a great bunch of lads and deserve to do well this season... all the best mate and hopefully see u on a pitch nxt season mate.

as for goal line clearance the lads awsum at heading lol was some clearance lol

Div 2. Frog pool 2-3 Storm Fc Interesting game which we (storm) felt we should have won by more. Both frog pool goals penalties. We should have had a pen ourselves and missed a couple of one on one's. Very hard fought game and what we see as a deserved win but extremely close in the end.

This game was reported in depth by a "Hopper" Trevor P from Dawlish

You can see his writeup on The Tony Kempster site in the "where did you go " section

I expect someone can transfer it to this C.Soccer website

This game was reported in depth by a "Hopper" Trevor P from Dawlish

You can see his writeup on The Tony Kempster site in the "where did you go " section

I expect someone can transfer it to this C.Soccer website

Jamesp

Junior Team Star

Feb 23, 2013, 8:36 PM

Team(s):

Post #32 of 55 (622 views)

Copy Shortcut

Re: [jambo_fever] Saturday 23rd February 2013 [in reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maine Road 0-1 Bootle

North West Counties Premier Division

Attendance 75

Admission £5 Raffle £1 Tea 70p. No sign of a programme

A tight, scrappy game in freezing conditions with the odd drop of snow, which was settled with around 20 minutes to go. First half was fairly even, the visitors annoyed by what looked like a stonewall penalty not being given in their favour. Maine Road seemed to be getting on top in the 2nd, so it was a bit against the run of play when Bootle scored. After that, the home side had most of the ball but didn't create too much in the way of chances, and the visitors held on for a vital 3 points in the scrap at the top of the table, they're now 7 points off the top but have games in hand on everyone else.

A first trip to Brantingham Road for me, the ground is a bit basic with the only seating being 1 covered stand with wooden benches, but does the job.

Trevor P

First Team Regular

Feb 23, 2013, 8:37 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish Town

Post #33 of 55 (619 views)

Copy Shortcut

Re: [jambo_fever] Saturday 23rd February 2013 [in reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FROGPOOL & CUSGARNE 2

Storm 3

Trelawny League, Division Two

Att : 10

The Richard Jory Playing Field, Pulla Cross

Admission : Free. Programme : No. Refreshments : No. Badge : £3.00 (from Terry's Badges, Chinnor)

Broken sunlight and the disappearance of the biting wind so prevalent elsewhere, meant a temperature of 7 degrees at times. Not quite shirtsleeve order though as it grew noticeably colder towards the end of this entertaining game between the 6th. & 9th. placed sides in the division.

Camborne based Storm started purposefully and, following several periods of strong pressure, took the lead when their number 9 sent a looping shot beyond the keeper's reach after 24 minutes. Not long before half time, the home side equalised with a penalty and were summoned at the break to a corner of the pitch where the riot act was duly read. The more relaxed Storm side enjoyed a rest back in the dressing-rooms while the referee, who was less mobile than some I've seen, headed for his car. Hope he didn't hear the opening words of the home manager's homily : "What's the matter? Haven't you seen a referee with one leg before?"

Despite their manager's attempts to gee them up, Frogpool & Cusgarne found themselves trailing again almost straightaway when Storm's nimble footed number 11 scored two cleverly worked goals within a minute and he could easily have had a couple more before the end. A second penalty for the home club ensured quite an exciting finish with the ball bobbing about in the penalty area before the final seconds ran out and a relieved Storm side raised their hands in celebration of a well earned win.

Richard Rundle has accurately described this pleasantly sited ground previously and it is a well maintained set-up which includes the brick Parish Rooms and the adjoining dressing-rooms in the top right corner of the playing field. The open pitch runs widthways from the wooden entrance gates and car-parking is available inside both on the grass facing the pitch and a little further back on tarmac or compacted gravel. There's hard standing outside the dressing-rooms and three wooden table benches are positioned there on concrete supports. Four training lights have been erected at intervals on the near side and close to the left hand goal. Plenty of trees around the bordering banks & hedging reinforce the enclosed feel to the ground. Sadly, no refreshments available today when they would have been much appreciated!

The players socialise at "The Cornish Arms", a most welcoming pub in Frogpool which has 3 real ales available. I enjoyed the Rebel Penryn Pale Ale when I called in before the game.

Dave R joined me here and is still thawing out after his recent trip to icy Hamburg!

Holmans sc 4 v 5 pendeen res

Pendeen res went to holmans with 6 of there starting team missing so only played with 11 players no subs.

Must take my hat off to all of them who battled like never before and came away with the win.

The game started at a very fast pace the players trying to keep warm 10 mins into the game gary prowse hit the first of his three

holmans got back into the game within 5 mins bad defending but to pendeen credit keep going at holmans with prowse and burty adding

another 2 goals before half time.

The second half starting as the first holmans must count themsleves unlucky to be 2 goals behind as they hit the post early on and found the pendeen res keeper who plays in midfield in fine form between the sticks.

Pendeen went 4-1 up young burty again non stop running all the game got his second then pendeen thinking the game was won went to sleep holmams never gave up and scored 2 goals in a min pendeen lost control of the game with holmans pushing hard pendeen fighting spirt it was a great game to watch pendeen got hold of the game again ans scored again prowse good strike to take pendeen 5-3 up after that pendeen unlucky hit the post and bar had 1 off the line so with time all but up holmans scored to make 5-4 i was glad to hear the ref blow for full time.

Well played to holmans who never gave up best of luck to them.

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY M.O.M FOR PENDEEN WAS THE WHOLE TEAM WELL PLAYED.

Titans 4 v 1 st ives. Titans raced into a 3-0 lead inside 30 minutes with 3 headers we may as well have been stood in concrete for the attempts we made at stopping these headers. Game set match, 2nd Half we restored some pride got a goal could have had another 1 or 2 titans made sure of things with 10 or so to go. Good side, well drilled, good spirit in the titans ranks, they will walk to the title. Thought 8 and 7 were different gravy especially 7 first half keeper made some good stops, cheers for the food and we also enjoyed the plush changing rooms although you could do with a better sound system that doesn't distort the base ;)

WENT 2 WATCH THIS MATCH AND WOZ IMPRESSED WITH TITANS , THE LAD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PARK LOOKED GUD DONT KNOW HIS NAME THINK IT MAY OF BEEN JACK STOCKER?? ALSO THE LAD UP TOP NEVA STOPPED RUNNING. WOULD HONESTLY SAY THIS SIDE WOULD DO WELL IN THE PREM. KEEP UP THE GUD WORK TITANS :thumbsup:

Newlyn Dolphins 4-0(1-0ht) Penwith Exiles.... started off pretty poor really... sammy hicks got us a goal to go in at half time 1-0 up.... second half we perked up a bit... both teams had a good attitude to the game which was good to see... bit of pulling around but no more than the usual.

Goal scorers:

Sam Hicks x 1

Jolon Williams x 1

Lucas Robertshaw x 1

Harry Stevens x 1

West Cornwall 2 Lazard 1. Hard fought game. Lizard striker playing very well and causing our defence all kind of problems, (Illogan). Good luck in the final next Wednesday from all at west cornwall.

DID LIZARD REST PLAYERS 4 WED?? IF NOT THEY MAY B IN 4 HAMMERING ON WED, NOT SAYING WEST CORNWALL R A POOR SIDE BUT LIZARD WILL NEED 2 B IN BETTER FORM 4 THE AREA FINAL

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bigbadbarry" data-cid="231426" data-time="1361718733"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Gilly1985" data-cid="231223" data-time="1361638089"><p>West Cornwall 2 Lazard 1. Hard fought game. Lizard striker playing very well and causing our defence all kind of problems, (Illogan). Good luck in the final next Wednesday from all at west cornwall.</p></blockquote>

DID LIZARD REST PLAYERS 4 WED?? IF NOT THEY MAY B IN 4 HAMMERING ON WED, NOT SAYING WEST CORNWALL R A POOR SIDE BUT LIZARD WILL NEED 2 B IN BETTER FORM 4 THE AREA FINAL</p></blockquote>

Don't think they rested players, may have had one or two missing but they still had a strong side out. Was a pretty good game on a tricky surface. Both sides played fairly well. Surprising what happens when we actually play well!! They could cause Illogan a few problems, but will have to be at their best to give themselves a chance.

Guest BenTheYeti

Both managers have beaten me to it this week, but I'll see if I can add anything to what's already been said.

Division 2

Titans 4 - 1 St Ives Town Reserves

We were once again forced to leave the comforts of TR26, though with snow falling as we left, it felt truly tropical at Park Road by the time we got there.
With the game being such a big fixture on paper, we found ourselves with a squad of 16, with even James Worrall climbing down Kilimanjaro to be at the game.
Titans began the first half attacking down the slope, and our mantra of keep it tight was soon under intense investigation as Titans pressed fast, hard and high up the pitch. A goal soon arrived, with an excellent delivery from a set piece finding a firm header directed towards the far corner. Just as I took off through the air to make possibly the greatest save ever known to man, some unscrupulous sod decided to ruin my moment of glory by diverting the ball in the opposite direction with a good header of his own.
One Nil soon became two, as we again failed to deal with a set piece and another firm header from 8 yards out left all those in grey stranded as the ball rattled it's way in through a defenders legs. By now we were looking utterly shell shocked and Titans continued to march forward, and but for top class tackling and defending from the likes of Nick Strong, Max Sumray and in particular Ed Wilkes in midfield, we could have been behind by more. However, all Titans pressure nearly cost them a goal, with a ball over the top catching them square and Jake Cook looking odds-on to lift the ball over the on-rushing keeper into the net. Unfortunately, he lifted it over the keeper but a yard wide of the post. This clearly upset a certain Mr Marks, who demanded a response to our utter petulance of nearly scoring, and duly got one when a cross was drifted in from the left, which I was quite relieved to see slightly drifting wide of the post. What we'd all failed to see though was the young lad (Jordan?) had sneaked his way all the way to the far post like a Ninja to have the easiest header someone of 5"7 could ever wish for.
HT 3-0
Naturally, we got a much deserved rollicking at half time, and with that still very much ringing in our ears, coupled with a personnel and formation shuffle, we put at least 110% more effort in and gave it everything we've got for the first 25 minutes of the half. A goal came within the opening 10 of those, when a quickly taken free kick in our own half found Max, and he was able to finally release the OAP Scott Goodchild, who luckily left his zimmer frame on the touchline at half time and left everyone for dead in a dash to the byline, before squaring the ball to Danny Paynter, who nearly removed the net from 8 yards.
This gave us something to believe in, and we threw everything including the kitchen sink, the U-Bend and the drain at Titans, but when we did get through, we found their keeper in excellent form, making some good saves and holding on to more crosses than the Vatican.
With all the attacking exertions, we started to leave ourselves tired and exposed at the back, and a 4th goal to completely kill the game off as a contest arrived with 15 to go, when the Titans striker and Andrew Chard did a nice little Waltz just outside the box, with the latter stumbling just as the Strictly Coming Dancing judges were about to give their marks, leaving the striker with the simple task of slotting the ball underneath the Yeti, and me with an unenviable statistic for the afternoon of facing 4 shots on goal, and seeing them all go in.. bugger.

All in all, every single Titans player played an exceptional level of football for 90 minutes, and it is very clear why they are top and unbeaten. For us, we never got a foothold in the first half but pleased with the response in the second half, and perhaps if we'd have taken 1 of our other chances in the second half, we could have had a real go at getting something from the game.

Thanks to Titans for the food and hospitality after the game, and a pleasure to meet Mr Marks in the flesh... there's a lot of it to meet :D

Cury 1 mullion 5 cury rubbish from start to finish pitch had been cut but the tractor track didn't help the quality of football. Couple of points shame mullion had to cheat over a corner the full back number 16 I think clearly cudnt get his bulky figure to the ball before it crossed the bye line which should of given cury a corner but between the poor sportsmanship from the full back and the blatant cheating from the linesman less than 2 yards away the ref gave a throw i wudnt normally mention such rubbish but that bit of cheating cost out full back a booking. Secondly such a shame that although mullion is a couple of miles from cury no one from mullion could come back for food and a drink. We will show the same support for ur club in the return match. Finally well done to the ref today thought he had a good game

Sorry to hear this Tucker, whilst I cannot comment on anything as I wasn't playing I would say I would have definitely come back to the Wheel Inn for a drink, Franks happy face is always welcoming haha. Not a great result, but glad to see things have been picking up. Maybe see Cury in the return match if I get a 'call up' to the seconds... All th best, Deano

Guest BenTheYeti

Quality write up yeti my players hasten to add we're very afraid of one thing your voice ????? Very deep, :)

As you said yesterday good sir "I won't bleddy miss that voice on the forum tonight!"

And now you know why "The Yeti" is so called!

poppet payne good write up thought your two boys up top caused us trouble all game.yet again we did not help ourselves making silly mistakes at the back.we had this silly notion of just hoofing it up top so our two speedsters could just chase it down but! when we did play it through our midfield we caused you some problems.

bit dissapointed with your manager refused to run the line but then stuck his hand up and shouted for every decision. and thanks for letting us have two lots of food with the no show after :(

div 5

trelander 0 v Helston 10.

great performance on an absolutely shocking pitch

malpas or penair school?

penair school...what made it worse walked past 2 nice looking pitches not in use on the way up to the one we used! Happy to get through it with out any twisted ankles etc! think the ref almost did his ankle too!

Div 4

Wendron 4ths 0 - 1 West Cornwall Reserves (HT 0-1)

Good three points for West Cornwall, bouncing back from a disapointing result last week.

Solid first half with West dictating the tempo and having the lions share of posession, decent goal from a set piece put us 1-0 up midway through the half.

Credit to Wendron, they came out much stronger in the second half and we spent pretty much the whole second 45 soaking up pressure and defending well. Although we didn't create a great deal it was encouraging to see us dig in and defend a 1-0 lead and the back 4 in particular looked solid.

Brilliantly reffed by Graham Johnson (I think), communicated well with all the players, was clearly there to enjoy his afternoon and that attitude rubbed off well on both sides. This led to the game being played in a good manner and neither side got on his back even if he did make a mistake because he had gained a good level of respect from the off.

Good luck to Wendron for the rest of the season.

div 5

malpas or penair school? Penair Sschool

div 5

malpas or penair school?

penair school...what made it worse walked past 2 nice looking pitches not in use on the way up to the one we used! Happy to get through it with out any twisted ankles etc! think the ref almost did his ankle too!

same we played up there slope to say least , however least not game off

Newlyn Dolphins 4-0(1-0ht) Penwith Exiles.... started off pretty poor really... sammy hicks got us a goal to go in at half time 1-0 up.... second half we perked up a bit... both teams had a good attitude to the game which was good to see... bit of pulling around but no more than the usual.

Goal scorers:

Sam Hicks x 1

Jolon Williams x 1

Lucas Robertshaw x 1

Harry Stevens x 1

Goal scorers:

Sam Hicks x 1

Jolon Williams x 1

Lucas Robertshaw x 1

Harry Stevens x 1

jolan strikes again how many now mate? u scored like 4 games in a row init mate and scored more than 4 aswel good on u pal dolphins deserve to do well after last season being mocked by so many clubs good on u lads keep it up boys.