Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results Thread and Latest Table

Usual info needed.

Results, goal scorers and attendances/headcounts please.

Either post the info on here or text me on 07597907549

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

28th August 2012

Falmouth Town Reserves P-P Hayle Reserves

Goonhavern Athletic (Marc Wilson 2) 2-1 Wendron United (Tom Langford)

Att - 45

Mullion (Rob Carey 3) 3-2 Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton, Charlie Young)

Att - 55

Newquay Reserves 0-6 Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen 3, Simon Ellis 2, OG)

Att - 96

Pendeen Reserves (Glen Carew) 1-0 Holman SC

Att - 45

Perranwell (Jimmy Thompson) 1-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Ryan Reeve)

Att - 66

St Ives Town (Jowan May 2, Harry Corin, Martyn Harding, Mike Kudiersky) 5-4 St Agnes (Duane Britton, Jordan Maloy, Kyle Worth, Thadeous Vingoe)

Att - 40

St Just (Darren Steadman 2) 2-0 Ludgvan

Att -62

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 PENDEEN ROVERS 4 4 0 0 10 4 6 12

2 MULLION 4 3 1 0 14 7 7 10

3 ST IVES TOWN 4 2 2 0 9 7 2 8

4 ILLOGAN RBL 4 2 1 1 11 5 6 7

5 ST DAY 3 2 1 0 8 3 5 7

6 PERRANWELL 4 2 1 1 9 7 2 7

7 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 3 2 1 0 5 3 2 7

8 WENDRON UNITED 4 2 0 2 12 9 3 6

9 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 3 2 0 1 7 6 1 6

10 ST AGNES 4 2 0 2 11 11 0 6

11 GOONHARVERN ATHLETIC 3 1 1 1 6 7 -1 4

12 LUDGVAN 4 1 0 3 7 8 -1 3

13 ST JUST 4 1 0 3 6 7 -1 3

14 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 3 1 0 2 6 9 -3 3

15 HAYLE RESERVES 3 1 0 2 6 10 -4 3

16 HOLMAN SC 4 1 0 3 5 13 -8 3

17 NEWQUAY RESERVES 4 1 0 3 3 12 -9 3

18 RNAS CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

19 TROON 3 0 0 3 3 6 -3 0

20 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 3 0 0 3 4 8 -4 0

Perranwell 1-1 Penryn

Good hard fought game with plenty of chances for both sides. Had 0-0 written all over it untill Jimmy Thompson was sent through and scored a well taken one on one 5 mins from time. Penryn then broke on the counter attack with a long ball over the top and Ryan Reeve finished well to make it 1-1 with the last kick of the game. Darren Chedwards missed a pen after half an hour.

just come back from the perranwell vs penryn reserves game and i have to say that tom annear (the stand in goalkeeper) kept penryn in it, he had a blinder, i havent seen goalkeeping like that since his own man was in the sticks. looks like simon winnan has a lot to live up to when he comes back.

Decent game at Goonhavern. Went 1 up through Langford with a great lob but conceded to what every player must have thought was a handball but wasn't given, and the player smashed it into the net. Both sides rarely threatened, although our keeper, Williams, pulled off two wonder saves (great snap Dave). Second for Goonhavern came from bit of dallying by our centre back who was robbed by their forward who finished well.

Disappointing result from a decent away performance.

Go again at home to St Ives on Saturday, massive game.

Goonhavern 2 Wendron 1

Marc Wilson 2

Attendance 35

Wendron's Tom Langford.

I would have thought a few more in attendance - nearer 50? Although just looked at my photos - say 40! :)

Are your other photos of the game being posted anywhere?

Will be a few on my CORNISH SOCCER website later in the week

Newquay Res 0 v 6 Illogan RBL

Boys v Men, as one Newquay fan said, Illogan were guilty of child abuse, the Newquay lads were bullied all over the park, well almost. It was actually 2/3rds of the park, the Illogan Lino refused to run towards the corner flag, he preferred to raise his flag rather than move his legs. The ref was shockingly bad, failing to see the assault and battery that was witnessed by 96 spectators. Social Services have been notified.

Newquay didn't help themselves, Andy Morris diving header put Illogan ahead after 5mins. Dom Pullen rolled back the years and the barrel, he doesn't have to move too much, he knows where the goal is. The Youngsters were obviously told to fight back in the second half, one lightweight charged into the back of Pullen who laughed at the attempt, I doubt he actually felt it.

llogan v a Rod Beer XI may require a St Johns Ambulance and several PCSO's, get that one on Live Internet TV, it would need an 18 or X rating.

Pendeen 1-0 Holman Sports Club

Att - all of the village of pendeen + 4 Holman Weary round the world explorers

Nice short trip to Pendeen for an evening fixture, luckily being the well organised outfit we are we left at 9am from blaythorne managed to get past the holiday traffic at hayle to have a Philps pasty for lunch at midday and a KFC at Penzance for tea before arriving at pendeen with 15min to spare before kick off which I dont mind as I'm not a great fan of the warm up.

Luckily the trip took so long one of our youngsters had his 16th birthday on the way down which gave us an extra player and we also conned Jacob kemp into playing whilst home from uni. Only trouble being he was in Penzance whilst his boots and shin pads were in praze luckily his mum sent them to pendeen by 2nd class post so they were waiting for him by the time we got to the ground. Paul billings got lost for the 2nd week in a row I think he's trying to be a bit crafty and get the club to buy him a sat nav out of the subs money he's going to be well chuffed when I give him a star chart and one of those plastic compass you only get in cheap Aldi Christmas crackers!!

Tough one for the visitors against an unbeaten side who sit top of the league. both sides were sporting enough young players to fill the toy aisle at tescos extra which is great to see with a few of us older mature (that should probably read immature) thrown in the mix. Holmans were slightly disoriented by the lack of wind, fog, rain & the soothing sound of the foghorn in the background which buggered me right up as 90 bursts of that thing signals 1 half of football letting me "pace" myself during the match. In a day full of surprises jase actually won the coin toss for the first time since the Sydney Olympics and we elected to punt the ball down the slope for the first 45min.

Both sides had chances early on pendeen appear to have signed the Jamaican sprinting team upfront who are a little bit swift of foot which meant I stayed well away especially as my sprinting prowess hit a new low last year when dom pullen claimed to outpace me down the wing!!! I still want a stewards enquiry over that one! luckily the holmans defence do have players faster then a 37 year old running through quicksand and were coping well with 16 year olds Sam Eva and Kiz o Connor showing some great defensive work limiting pendeen to a ccouple of chances but nothing clear cut. At the other end at the bottom of the hill holmans had pace of their own with Aaron, Mike and Charlie proving a handful and having a couple of half chances themselves. Their was a nice good natured battle going on in midfield too with me and house having a bit of a cuddle for every header and jase throwing himself about like a toddler in a sweet shop. Rikki smith was pumped up for the game against his old club and was giving his best performance in a green shirt (he's worn many colours over the last few seasons) but fair play to the lad he's doing well and keeping the moan count well below steadman levels even though I have to occasionally give him "the death stare" when he gets overexcited :)

Ben Minns in the holmans goal was called upon to bail us out the brown sticky stuff a couple of times and he may not have the physique of Kate moss but he's a fine shot stopper and proved it in both halfs.......he does worry me with the occasional des walker impression though on the edge of the centre circle I'm going to have to ban him from 5 a side otherwise he's going to try out his "tekkers" at a really inappropriate moment!!

Half time 0-0

Up the slope for the 2nd half which is always enjoyable when your blowing out your backside and the entire team had been on the lash at the Peter gilks tournament only 24hrs earlier (apart from the 16year olds obviously!!! They were down Camborne park with a bottle of thunderbird) holmans did get a couple of chances through jase and mike but pendeen were starting to exert some pressure. Holmans held out till the 81st min. Pendeen had a corner and Glen Carew ran from the edge of the 18yd box unopposed.... What I mean by unopposed is nobody gave him a little nudge to stop him running with what appeared to be a rocket pack attached to his backside and he powered home a great header to take pendeen 1-0 up and he was then immediately removed from my Xmas card list :(. The ref played about 7min added on time but alas we couldn't find an equaliser so we chalk that one up as a loss and pendeen maintain their 100% record but they are a good bunch down there and we wish them well.....we go back down in the senior cup in 3 weeks so we wish them well apart from then and the return tie at blaythorne but you get my drift!

obviously we were disappointed but loads of positives for us if we can keep our squad together and play like that every week we might do ok but a real tough one Saturday away to the current league champions Falmouth town and already we are doing the rain dance so Sam and bobbys cricket is off for the 3rd week in a row

Newquay were not bullied off the park, they couldn't handle the pace and the physical side of the game, too young a side. Great team performance from illogan. Dom pullen is just like ronaldo had a great game. Can Taste sour grapes from Newquay, not to mention the illogan linesman being punched/pushed whilst running the line after giving a disicion against Newquay!!!

Perranwell 1-1 Penryn

Good hard fought game with plenty of chances for both sides. Had 0-0 written all over it untill Jimmy Thompson was sent through and scored a well taken one on one 5 mins from time. Penryn then broke on the counter attack with a long ball over the top and Ryan Reeve finished well to make it 1-1 with the last kick of the game. Darren Chedwards missed a pen after half an hour.

That Darren chedwards has lost his touch somewhat I feel

I'd like to add their was a minute silence at the game for a perranwell second team player (Michael flaherty) who sadly died in a car crash on the early hours of Monday morning. Was nice to see all the crowd and players paying respect very touching :)

As a keen enthusiast of Cornish football, I found myself at fortress Clifden Parc in Mullion last night to watch the big game. And it didn't disappoint, big games require big players and, in Rob Carey, Mullion have certainly got that. His hat-trick was a joy to watch, taking his tally to the season to 4 (the website only says 3..). This boy has got it all - strength, trickery, vision, flair and probably the best header of a ball in the Combination League. I would be surprised if Mullion can hold onto him much longer, with rumours of a bid in the region of a Kernow Kebab coming from Lizard Argyle.

Nice short trip to Pendeen for an evening fixture, luckily being the well organised outfit we are we left at 9am from blaythorne managed to get past the holiday traffic at hayle to have a Philps pasty for lunch at midday and a KFC at Penzance for tea before arriving at pendeen with 15min to spare before kick off which I dont mind as I'm not a great fan of the warm up.

Luckily the trip took so long one of our youngsters had his 16th birthday on the way down which gave us an extra player and we also conned Jacob kemp into playing whilst home from uni. Only trouble being he was in Penzance whilst his boots and shin pads were in praze luckily his mum sent them to pendeen by 2nd class post so they were waiting for him by the time we got to the ground. Paul billings got lost for the 2nd week in a row I think he's trying to be a bit crafty and get the club to buy him a sat nav out of the subs money he's going to be well chuffed when I give him a star chart and one of those plastic compass you only get in cheap Aldi Christmas crackers!!

Tough one for the visitors against an unbeaten side who sit top of the league. both sides were sporting enough young players to fill the toy aisle at tescos extra which is great to see with a few of us older mature (that should probably read immature) thrown in the mix. Holmans were slightly disoriented by the lack of wind, fog, rain & the soothing sound of the foghorn in the background which buggered me right up as 90 bursts of that thing signals 1 half of football letting me "pace" myself during the match. In a day full of surprises jase actually won the coin toss for the first time since the Sydney Olympics and we elected to punt the ball down the slope for the first 45min.

Both sides had chances early on pendeen appear to have signed the Jamaican sprinting team upfront who are a little bit swift of foot which meant I stayed well away especially as my sprinting prowess hit a new low last year when dom pullen claimed to outpace me down the wing!!! I still want a stewards enquiry over that one! luckily the holmans defence do have players faster then a 37 year old running through quicksand and were coping well with 16 year olds Sam Eva and Kiz o Connor showing some great defensive work limiting pendeen to a ccouple of chances but nothing clear cut. At the other end at the bottom of the hill holmans had pace of their own with Aaron, Mike and Charlie proving a handful and having a couple of half chances themselves. Their was a nice good natured battle going on in midfield too with me and house having a bit of a cuddle for every header and jase throwing himself about like a toddler in a sweet shop. Rikki smith was pumped up for the game against his old club and was giving his best performance in a green shirt (he's worn many colours over the last few seasons) but fair play to the lad he's doing well and keeping the moan count well below steadman levels even though I have to occasionally give him "the death stare" when he gets overexcited :)

Ben Minns in the holmans goal was called upon to bail us out the brown sticky stuff a couple of times and he may not have the physique of Kate moss but he's a fine shot stopper and proved it in both halfs.......he does worry me with the occasional des walker impression though on the edge of the centre circle I'm going to have to ban him from 5 a side otherwise he's going to try out his "tekkers" at a really inappropriate moment!!

Half time 0-0

Up the slope for the 2nd half which is always enjoyable when your blowing out your backside and the entire team had been on the lash at the Peter gilks tournament only 24hrs earlier (apart from the 16year olds obviously!!! They were down Camborne park with a bottle of thunderbird) holmans did get a couple of chances through jase and mike but pendeen were starting to exert some pressure. Holmans held out till the 81st min. Pendeen had a corner and Glen Carew ran from the edge of the 18yd box unopposed.... What I mean by unopposed is nobody gave him a little nudge to stop him running with what appeared to be a rocket pack attached to his backside and he powered home a great header to take pendeen 1-0 up and he was then immediately removed from my Xmas card list :(. The ref played about 7min added on time but alas we couldn't find an equaliser so we chalk that one up as a loss and pendeen maintain their 100% record but they are a good bunch down there and we wish them well.....we go back down in the senior cup in 3 weeks so we wish them well apart from then and the return tie at blaythorne but you get my drift!

obviously we were disappointed but loads of positives for us if we can keep our squad together and play like that every week we might do ok but a real tough one Saturday away to the current league champions Falmouth town and already we are doing the rain dance so Sam and bobbys cricket is off for the 3rd week in a row

keep them coming Neil, honestly the highlight of my week reading your match reports!!!!

Half time 0-0

Quality Neil. A career as a comedy script writer beckons when you hand up your boots.

See you in 3 weeks as I'm afraid you've got me.

Thanks Paul :)

Sadly I decided one Indiana jones expedition to pendeen in a season was enough and in a bid to develop my sarcasm further have bought tickets to watch John bishop that weekend :( I've even had to renew my passport as its in Cardiff!!!! I can guarantee the weather next time though! Cold, wet, windy and that bloody foghorn will definitely be fully operational.....I however will be in a nice warm pub with the wife listening to people droning on about the greatest welsh rugby side since Gareth Edwards sideburns in the 70's whilst a choir belts out men of harlech on the stage with the film zulu on the big screen

I have informed my lot to score as many own goals as possible to prevent any senior cup win upsets therefore avoiding any home draws in the next round that will involve having to use 3 officials!!!

knowing how you pillars of society who like to wear black secretly enjoy the playboy lifestyle partying all night and bathing in champagne on your match fees the own goal tactic has been developed on the training ground by fully qualified uefa b coaches to prevent imminent Truro style bankruptcy. ;)

*****before any one goes mental that last paragraph has got my tounge slightly attached to my cheek as I was writing it

say wat u like about dom but his records speaks 4 itself, wat st day and ludgvan would giv 4 a player like him lol :yahoo:

Haha that is good banter where is he playing now? Mind you would fancy being owner of the pie hut wherever it.s at!

St days forward line is just about fine and ludgvan fc have about 40 players so personally I don't think he would get in. How old is he now? What is his actual record ? I know he's scored over a 100 in the last few years? Hasn't he ever played higher level?

Love the comments about Dom Pullen, I know he missed the first 2 games of the season for us at illogan, a holiday in turkey he told us, I think secretly he was high altitude training, the amount of running during games he is doing on his return and sprinting, scary stuff, like a cheetah, albeit a large one lol ;)

say wat u like about dom but his records speaks 4 itself, wat st day and ludgvan would giv 4 a player like him lol :yahoo:

Haha that is good banter where is he playing now? Mind you would fancy being owner of the pie hut wherever it.s at!

St days forward line is just about fine and ludgvan fc have about 40 players so personally I don't think he would get in. How old is he now? What is his actual record ? I know he's scored over a 100 in the last few years? Hasn't he ever played higher level?

When at Falmouth Town reserves between 1998-2002 Dom stepped up to the SWL side and made 33 Appearances scoring 7 goals

Thanks Paul :)

Sadly I decided one Indiana jones expedition to pendeen in a season was enough and in a bid to develop my sarcasm further have bought tickets to watch John bishop that weekend :( I've even had to renew my passport as its in Cardiff!!!! I can guarantee the weather next time though! Cold, wet, windy and that bloody foghorn will definitely be fully operational.....I however will be in a nice warm pub with the wife listening to people droning on about the greatest welsh rugby side since Gareth Edwards sideburns in the 70's whilst a choir belts out men of harlech on the stage with the film zulu on the big screen

I have informed my lot to score as many own goals as possible to prevent any senior cup win upsets therefore avoiding any home draws in the next round that will involve having to use 3 officials!!!

knowing how you pillars of society who like to wear black secretly enjoy the playboy lifestyle partying all night and bathing in champagne on your match fees the own goal tactic has been developed on the training ground by fully qualified uefa b coaches to prevent imminent Truro style bankruptcy. ;)

*****before any one goes mental that last paragraph has got my tounge slightly attached to my cheek as I was writing it

Was in Cardiff sat just gone, top night out.

Just p*sses me off you have to give the French £6 of valuable drinking money to cross the bridge.

If my memory is correct, Dom 'Barrel' Pullen was one of 55 players to pull on a Peppermints First team shirt in the ill fated 2006-7 season, not too many goals scored by anyone in that shameful period. (or was it the season after ?)

Always looks like he will score mind you, definitely too good for Combo defences, appearances can be deceptive.

Dom Pullen's Combo Record for the last few years. My individual games scorers only goes back to the start of the 2009 season.

Team League Cup Toal

2012-13 Illogan RBL 3 0 3

2011-12 Illogan RBL 28 2 30

2011-12 Perranwell 5 0 5

2010-11 Perranwell 53 7 60

2009-10 St Day 36 0 36

So in 4 seasons and a bit Dominic's record reads

League Goals 125

Cup Goals 9

Total 134

That does not include Senior Cup matches, friendlies, etc.

I cannot belive anyone can come on here and slate Domo yes he is a great friend of mine but thats neither here or there every season without fail he bangs in loads of goals without fail he has been a top marksmen in the combination league for numerous seasons and his Buzz is scoring goals albeit in training or on a Saturday and he does it all for free unlike lots of other journey men in this league that rnt fit to lace his boots!!!! He's also a top bloke off the field and he loves his CHOCOLATE BISCUITS xxxxx