Cornwall Football Forum

PLAY OFF FINAL. ALL ROADS LEADS TO BICKLAND PARK.

Good luck for Saturday, would be good to see another Cornish club moving up. As we all know Cornish football is a decent standard and needs better football. I know people will say that the pool of players is small, but in the long run our youngsters will hopefully start to step up and improve the situation 

8 hours ago, Ian Pethick said:

Biggest game in the club's history? More important than the FA Cup 1st Round and FA Vase 1/4 Final matches in my opinion.

Well Ian, this game is right up there with those 3 x FA Cup 1st round proper games in (1962, 1967 &1969), also those 2 x FA Vase quarter final games (1987 & 2024) plus the Western league decider the night we beat Taunton Town in 1975/76 season to win our first of 4 consecutive Western League titles.

This game is huge and hopefully we can join the other 2 Cornish clubs Helston & Mousehole in the Southern League. A huge crowd is expected and the atmosphere will be electric. This Saturday afternoon Bickland Park will be on fire. Here's to a Falmouth Town WIN.

Never in my 49 years of supporting this club did I ever imagine we would get to the Southern league,but we have !

It was understandably a nervy performance with a lot of unenforced errors from every player but given what was at stake that was understandable.Two really well taken goals sealed the deal and we even had a pitch invasion at the final whistle,something that hasn't happened at Bickland in a long time.

So with a few experienced additions and realistic ambitions,the 'Town ' are going to give it a go,one things for sure,no-one will fancy coming to Bickland with the F-Troop providing the ' twelth man ' !

And now it's on to Wendron for the Senior Cup Final,can we deny St Austell the Double in what will be our last appearance for hopefully some time and win it for the third time in the past four seasons played ?

' Up The Town '

33 minutes ago, SON OF LINEKER said:

Never in my 49 years of supporting this club did I ever imagine we would get to the Southern league,but we have !

It was understandably a nervy performance with a lot of unenforced errors from every player but given what was at stake that was understandable.Two really well taken goals sealed the deal and we even had a pitch invasion at the final whistle,something that hasn't happened at Bickland in a long time.

So with a few experienced additions and realistic ambitions,the 'Town ' are going to give it a go,one things for sure,no-one will fancy coming to Bickland with the F-Troop providing the ' twelth man ' !

And now it's on to Wendron for the Senior Cup Final,can we deny St Austell the Double in what will be our last appearance for hopefully some time and win it for the third time in the past four seasons played ?

' Up The Town '

You say that but they are dead silent when losing 😏 

Falmouth were deserved winners in a game that had very few attempts on goal and even less on target.  A bumpy pitch along with a breeze lead to the game being mostly played in the air!  No one wanted to make mistakes therefore there was a lot of first time stuff!

Ward was excellent in the heart of the Town defence without missing a header all game, ably backed up by Tom and Brad to the left of him. Drea in midfield won loads of tackles and was one of the only ones looking to keep the ball on the floor along with his Clevedon opposite number. 

Clevedon didn’t create anything all game.  They could have had an early penalty when the Falmouth keeper made a challenge just after the striker got to the ball but the ref waved play on before booking the other striker for handball. 

Great day for Falmouth Town players, back room staff and supporters. 

2 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Great gesture by Clevedon Town players (I am told) after their warm down they went to the Packet end to applaud the F Troop and vice versa.

Their management, officials and players were top class throughout and conducted themselves exceptionally well even though they were clearly disappointed at the result. They all wished us well for the new season and likewise we did the same. 
Their player who was badly injured at Bickland last month was there in a supporting role and I had a couple of chats with him and he’s recovering well and grateful of the card and best wishes sent to him by the club and F-Troop. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Their management, officials and players were top class throughout and conducted themselves exceptionally well even though they were clearly disappointed at the result. They all wished us well for the new season and likewise we did the same. 
Their player who was badly injured at Bickland last month was there in a supporting role and I had a couple of chats with him and he’s recovering well and grateful of the card and best wishes sent to him by the club and F-Troop. 

Thank you, we try to do it the right way

On 05/05/2024 at 11:51, Mike Odgers said:

Unofficially I have heard the attendance was 973  (Not counting the hords of children)

28. League & Cup games played at Bickland this seaso   12,446  average 444

Very very strict attendance figures for the Southern League, no back of a fag packet tally's. Everything in Southern League is strict, and a bit oppressive at times.