Cornwall Football Forum

Step Six 23/24

2 hours ago, Pitch Care Guru said:

So applications are out. Maybe someone can work out how three step six clubs in Devon and Cornwall will look. Is it achievable. 

If you look at the SWPL website under league news, you should find plenty of info to answer your questions and be able to keep abreast of progress.

From the information out there and what has been talked about on podcasts, the three divisions will be west central and east ....west will be Cornwall and maybe some west Devon....central will be Devon and West Somerset and east will be Bristol area ........I see st Dominic have applied  for step 6...they need a lot of ground investment for that from my visits there?

Step 6 West....

From the West (12): St Dennis / Launceston / Sticker / Penzance / Bodmin / Callington / Mullion / St Austell / Camelford / Dobwalls / + 2 of the current top 6

From the East (3): Elburton / Marjons / Holsworthy

From the SPL (3): St Day / Truro Reserves / Mousehole Reserves(?)

I applaud St Dominick in applying for promotion but assume that there may be too much work to do to meet the grading, unless they already have plans submitted and provisionally signed. I'm sure there'll be conversations to not leave one of the Step 6 leagues light of sides.

"The Ground Grading Officers of the Western Peninsula League will make arrangements to visit applicant clubs, who have until March 31st to comply with the entry criteria for Step 6, the league will then recommend to The FA clubs that meet grading criteria, and The FA will then use that, together with final league tables, before allocating clubs."

40 minutes ago, L.Gibbons said:

Step 6 West....

From the West (12): St Dennis / Launceston / Sticker / Penzance / Bodmin / Callington / Mullion / St Austell / Camelford / Dobwalls / + 2 of the current top 6

I applaud St Dominick in applying for promotion but assume that there may be too much work to do to meet the grading, unless they already have plans submitted and provisionally signed. I'm sure there'll be conversations to not leave one of the Step 6 leagues light of sides.

"The Ground Grading Officers of the Western Peninsula League will make arrangements to visit applicant clubs, who have until March 31st to comply with the entry criteria for Step 6, the league will then recommend to The FA clubs that meet grading criteria, and The FA will then use that, together with final league tables, before allocating clubs."

I would have thought st dominick have plans in place to meet ground grading or they aren’t going to apply to go up. Wouldn’t make sense.

9 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Could St Dominick be just testing the water to see what is needed to go up in the future?

I guess it could be possible but knowing the system change surely they want to get it done now and be in that nee set up. St dominick have always been a club you don’t hear much about they go about their business quite. 

On 23/01/2023 at 18:11, FutureGK said:

A lot of work has gone on at Tregeye and I believe planning has been granted for flood lights etc … I’d imagine it will be ground grading compliant. 

Silly question, but if Langarth does happen for the 2024/25 season as hoped, is it a waste of time and money to upgrade the ground and install floodlights at Tregeye for 1 season? Would assume that Truro reserves, youth and first team will all share the same ground eventually (unless I'm mistaken).

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Silly question, but if Langarth does happen for the 2024/25 season as hoped, is it a waste of time and money to upgrade the ground and install floodlights at Tregeye for 1 season? Would assume that Truro reserves, youth and first team will all share the same ground eventually (unless I'm mistaken).

Speaking to one of the Truro reps last night, he suggested they would still keep Tregeye and didn't see the reserves playing at the new ground. 

Also if the Pirates did end up coming to the new ground, there wouldn't be room for them anyway. 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Speaking to one of the Truro reps last night, he suggested they would still keep Tregeye and didn't see the reserves playing at the new ground. 

Also if the Pirates did end up coming to the new ground, there wouldn't be room for them anyway. 

Like what has been said on another thread, where is all the money coming from to fund Truro City?

Appreciate there is some money to come from selling Treyew Road to Lidl but, developing Bolitho Park, developing Tregye, full-time ex-pro manager, team of mainly ex-pros, building a new multi-million pound complex at Langarth....... and all on crowds of less than an average SWPL team for the last few seasons.

Really doesn't seem to add up.

On 17/01/2023 at 09:03, L.Gibbons said:

Step 6 West....

are not most of those step 6 sides at the or near the bottom of their respective leagues? 

No I'd rather other teams, first teams in that division rather than anyone's reserve teams. Reserve teams in that league will be a real shame. Seen it before with Argyle, Tiverton etc. Just dosnt work and their in one year, gone the next. Reserve teams should be for Reserve leagues with the likes of the ecpl for example where they are not in the Pyramid with promotion and relegation. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

No I'd rather other teams, first teams in that division rather than anyone's reserve teams. Reserve teams in that league will be a real shame. Seen it before with Argyle, Tiverton etc. Just dosnt work and their in one year, gone the next. Reserve teams should be for Reserve leagues with the likes of the ecpl for example where they are not in the Pyramid with promotion and relegation. 

That would get boring with the same team winning everything surely.