St Stephen 2 St Blazey 3

Wednesday 24th August 

Liskeard Athletic 1 Torpoint Athletic 3

Nanpean Rovers 2 Newquay Academy 0

St Newlyn East 5 St Dennis 3

Wadebridge Town 1 North Petherwin 0

13 hours ago, Bazzer said:

Newquay Academy 1 St Dennis 2nds 0

Well done to Newquay yesterday,thought both st Dennis and Newquay were evenly matched,even tho we had 2 goals disallowed we kept going whereas last season we would of been 9-0 down. The ref had a great game too one of the best we've had in a long time,onto sne in the week.

A well earned 3pts for our young Looe team against St Stephen. We expected to see a young quad for them but this wasn’t the case. A few older players who looked like they where ready to give us a good game.
We started with an early goal from a brilliantly placed long ball from the left to right from Billy. Putting Phil in front of goal to slot in the first. 
St Stephens, scored 10 minutes later making it 1-1 at the end of the half. 

Play was good in spells and another chance came, when Kieran passed the ball into Archie, who placed it bottom left.   St Stephens past a through ball to their striker who then equalised, despite the player being off side. The referee over ruled the decision and the goal stood, making it 2-2. 
Looe kept pushed forwards again and with a ball crossed in from Phil on the right, the ball cut across the goal for Jacob to just miss out on a chance to make it 3. Not long after, Phil again crossed a high ball into the back post. Dan jumped up to try and head in to the net, unfortunately another chance missed. 
St Stephens pushed again and a chance came to Looe to intercept. A ball was played to an advancing Barny on the left. The defender closed him down, making Barny cut in side and lofting the ball from 40 yards out towards the goal. The Keeper miss judged the bounce and the ball went over the top to make if 3-2. 

An apology to St Stephens for the lack of food after the game too. The Pub wasn’t informed there was a game on, sorry. 

St Blazey 0 - 5 Torpoint Ath

Torpoint goalscorers - Ryan Easterbrook x3, Josh Payn, Zak Pearce. 

Lineup: WestallM, Bartolini, WhiteJ, Pearce, Hussey, Northcott, Payn, Rowe, Easterbrook, Ferguson, WestallC.

Subs: Robbins, Clarke, Brown, Carter. Unused: Bays.

After an opening day loss last week, yesterday was thoroughly enjoyable to get 6pts on the board and 7 unanswered goals since. 

A strong squad yesterday and the early rounds were probing for both sides. For the opening 20mins the Blazey defence looked fairly resolute, one centre half in particular. But in possession long switches of play and a direct approach gave us the ball back quite often. The first goal was a 2nd in 2 games for Zak Pearce, heading in Northcott's nice delivery from a corner. On half an hour great work down the right hand side by the dangerous Will Ferguson resulted in him bursting past his full back, not for the first time, and a great low cross into the box was finished at the back post for Ryan Easterbrook's first of the season. 2-0 HT.

HT the usual cliche of "2-0 is a dangerous scoreline so squash any hope of a comeback early." 47mins, 3-0! Perfect for me on the side and instant relax for the team. Will Ferguson again the catalyst, attacked inside the box, cut inside his man and got off a left footed shot toward the far post, with Turner in goal saving well, but the onrushing Josh Payn was first to the loose ball to fire home. A man on form!

After 70mins the game was wrapped up with Easterbrook getting our 4th and 5th to seal his hat trick. The first assisted by a Josh Payn cross and the second by Byron Robbins which resulted in Ryan scoring his 3rd but ending up in a heap on the floor much to our amusement. All relevant subs on by this point and valuable minutes, particularly for 2 young 16 year olds. After this point Blazey improved in possession with the game out of reach, McAvoy in particular installing some calm to procedures. Very little happened in the game after this that I can recall.

Word for referee Alan Howells who as usual was approachable to all and had very little to deal with. Don't recall a single bad tackle all game and possibly no cards either. I don't remember any.  All the best for Blazey for the rest of the season, except our rematch. Onto Weds again for another midweeker, this time at Lux Park vs Liskeard Res.

31 minutes ago, StarMan42 said:

You wish Hun

You wish hun is that a real reply? 

it was have been a simple answer to the question. I’ve read the report of the game I understand foxhole we’re very good tonight but no major line up so I’m asking were they missing players considering they had a great first game v wadebridge 

6 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

You wish hun is that a real reply? 

it was have been a simple answer to the question. I’ve read the report of the game I understand foxhole we’re very good tonight but no major line up so I’m asking were they missing players considering they had a great first game v wadebridge 

🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, cornish leg end said:

Major missing players tonight? 

Major was missing a lot tonight 

josh burnell,Craig Allen,Lee budge,Matt laithwaite may not have changed the result foxhole started fast and was 2 up in 9 mins both mistakes on our part to be honest then we had a man sent off after 25 mins so was always uphill from there man in the middle was a bit suspect but hey ho move on and looking forward to putting it right when we play them again well done foxhole see you guys soon 

very good turn out again over 100 watching I heard 

Wednesday 24th August 2022

Nanpean 2 (Willmott 29, 63) Newquay 0

As many sides, most recently St Teath at the weekend, have found to their cost, you can't let Reece Willmott on to his left foot, even if he's far from goal. Newquay became the latest side not to heed the warning as he struck two fabulous free-kicks to win the game. The home side always looked the more likely winners, creating several other unconverted chances while ensuring Harbone was rarely anything other than an interested observer, but credit to the visitors for sticking at it to the end.

Nanpean (3-5-2): Alfie Harbone; Ashley Bonney, Justin Trebilcock, Gareth Geach; Dan Vincent, Scott Foster, Tommy Foster, Luke Truscott, Scott Brown; Ryan Best, Reece Willmott. Subs: George Bartlett, Liam Cope, Bobbylee Johns, Harry Vincent.

Newquay: Alfie Brown, Cam Burt, Adam Casey, Will Hargreaves, Ben Holden, Lewis Hollings, Dan Morey-McKenna, Ben Piper, Steve Rodda, Kane Tippett, Harry Varcoe. Subs: Connor McCarthy, Jackson Richards, Nathan White.

Well done to referee Tim Hyslop.

49 minutes ago, Darin Morse said:

Wednesday 24th August 2022

Nanpean 2 (Willmott 29, 63) Newquay 0

As many sides, most recently St Teath at the weekend, have found to their cost, you can't let Reece Willmott on to his left foot, even if he's far from goal. Newquay became the latest side not to heed the warning as he struck two fabulous free-kicks to win the game. The home side always looked the more likely winners, creating several other unconverted chances while ensuring Harbone was rarely anything other than an interested observer, but credit to the visitors for sticking at it to the end.

Nanpean (3-5-2): Alfie Harbone; Ashley Bonney, Justin Trebilcock, Gareth Geach; Dan Vincent, Scott Foster, Tommy Foster, Luke Truscott, Scott Brown; Ryan Best, Reece Willmott. Subs: George Bartlett, Liam Cope, Bobbylee Johns, Harry Vincent.

Newquay line-up to follow.

Well done to referee Tim Hyslop.

All ex veryan players there this season. Was it Reece or Jordi upfront scoring? 

Liskeard Ath Reserves 1 - 3 Torpoint Ath

Torpoint goalscorers - Ryan Easterbrook x2, Byron Robbins 

Lineup: WestallM, Bartolini, WhiteJ, Pearce, Hussey, Northcott, Robbins, Rowe, Easterbrook, Ferguson, WestallC.

Subs: Clarke, Blair, WhiteS, Carter. Unused: Bays.

Very thankful for the 3pts this morning. During the opening 30-35mins and even now on reflection, Liskeard gave us a footballing lesson and were lucky to only be 1-0 up. Thankfully despite the poor performance in that half an hour, at least we had a few dogged defenders and Wibby in goal to keep the attacks at bay just enough to keep us in the game. It genuinely could've gone away from us. But around half an hour we managed to battle our own demons and mentality as well as ease our way back into the game. Robbins got on the ball more in the middle to dictate a little more of our tempo, as well as Wibz, Pearce and WhiteJ adding some patience to our game. The first 30 was frantic and frankly not good enough all over the pitch when in possession. 

Liskeard scored in the opening 15mins and it was both deserved and inevitable. We weathered a storm and Liskeard will feel aggrieved today not knowing they should've buried us early. But around half an hour we finally calmed down on the ball and relaxed a little. Passes found feet, players had options to give the ball to and finally we made 3-4 passes in a row. But even then we did struggle to break Liskeard down imo but it was promising at least. The equaliser was around 44mins when a freekick around 30-35yds was curled over the wall and past the helpless keeper from Robbins for a great strike. Liskeard were crushed conceding so close to halftime which gave them a 60second head loss, and straight from the restart we won the ball back and scored again. Somehow the ball broke free in the box and Easterbrook stuck the ball in the net on 45mins for a HT 2-1 lead, undeserved and we knew it.

My HT team talk was more improvised than ever cos after 30mins my head was boiling but little by little we edged our way back in. The home changing room was audible from our own and their frustration was evident. Our own approach now was to take count of a little luck but add to the improvement we'd made in the last 10mins. Defending the slope in the 2nd half would be difficult we knew that, but a strong mental approach would see us through. 

From the restart there was a far better aura from the side and was pleasing to see how they dealt with the game. We kept the ball better, were more compact without it and all over the pitch players were covering the extra hard yards to maintain the score line. However, there was another slice of luck as very early into the half skipper WestallC was shown a booking for a lunge, which most saw as a red card except the man who counts. A sliding doors moment because 10 men for 40mins would've been a nightmare, and Liskeard must've felt the world was against them considering their opening 30mins. Liskeard were definitely still in the game though and had spells, but Wibz was strong aerially and Pearce in particular in the backline was having a good game. Around 70mins in Wibby had the ball in his hands, everyone pushed up the pitch, he threw the ball into Robbins in midfield who turned and either picked him out or played the %s ball, but either way it put Easterbrook through on goal 1v1 with a defender on the inside channel. With space either side to choose between, the cut inside the defender and leathered it low into the near corner to extend our lead for 3-1. 

From then on it was relatively comfortable. Not that we had the ball in good possession or didn't have to wave off attacks, but without the ball our shape was good and defensively we were making the right decisions. We gave away very few free kicks or set pieces and that alone is sometimes enough to not add on unnecessary pressure. Clarke now on up front was running relentlessly along with his wide men and fresh legs in midfield in WhiteS were covering enough ground to ease the pressure on tiring legs. By this point hope of a comeback was dwindling and frustrations were evident. The last 10mins didn't seem to drag on as long as it sometimes feels but the 2 goal cushion was warming. A huge 3pts considering the first 30mins and Liskeard are a strong side when their team has the likes of Bartlett, Podmore, Woods and Harris in. A big challenge on paper and an even bigger one at that half hour mark. Sore legs this morning (and head for Hussey who lost a 1v1 headbutt to a blade of grass) but totally worth it I hope. 

Onto Saturday where the lads are away to St Dennis Reserves but I'll be fined for being absent on a Stag Do for Brighton Away.

Sne 5 st Dennis 3

St Dennis started the brightest having a goal ruled out for off side that seemed to stir sne into action where the next few passages of play were evenly matched by both teams,we had a penalty awarded which was duly put away by Joe munday who's not long turned 17 but looks as if he's been playing for years, Ross London equalised for sne with a header, Craig coad then got a brace to send us into half time with the score at 1-3 and us looking comfortable.

2 nd half totally different to how we were playing,conceded an early goal which really did fire sne into action they then got another which was followed by one of our players being sent into the sin bin,a penalty was awarded after sne player adjudged to have been fouled just inside the box which was bizarre as the ref had played the advantage where the other striker from sne had shot from the edge of the area n just missed but he then pulled it back for the penalty which was scored and this led to a question being asked why he pulled it back cos the lad had got his shot away?? Refs answer was to sin bin our 2 nd player,we're now down to 9 men sne got their 5 th goal via an own goal after one of our lads tried to block the cross n it cannoned in off his foot, eventually we had both players out the sin bin to have another put in because he apparently swore?

Snes pitch was looking very good considering the amount of heat we've had lately n the changing rooms have been done up as well.

Not having a go at the ref but it really was a game of 2 Half's first half didn't know he was there 2nd half less sed about it the better lol obviously some blame lies on us for not being smart enough to keep quiet after the 1st sin bin but they could of been avoided if maybe a different approach to the players was taken as not one of the sin binned guys said anything out of the ordinary to warrant a sin bin.

Good luck to sne for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, davegrose said:

Not having a go at the ref but it really was a game of 2 Half's first half didn't know he was there 2nd half less sed about it the better lol obviously some blame lies on us for not being smart enough to keep quiet after the 1st sin bin but they could of been avoided if maybe a different approach to the players was taken as not one of the sin binned guys said anything out of the ordinary to warrant a sin bin.

Good luck to sne for the rest of the season.

Here is the problem, players don't learn! Also why should the referee put up with players complaining/arguing about decisions because that was "ordinarily accepted"?

Hi Grosey.

Just an amendment to the above. (not a match report, just some notes from the game)

2-1 to St Dennis at half time then you fired another in another to make it 3-1 at 50 mins. We pulled one back 3 minutes later.

The big turning point for me was at 3-2 where you had a bouncing ball cleared off of the line and we got the penalty from the resulting counter attack to make 3-3.

I was speaking to your keeper about it and he agrees it was a Pen but we both questioned whether it should've been awarded after a clear advantage was played?

With the player sin-binned and scoring the last 2 goals, we knew that this was our chance to capitalize considering the man-down and the momentum we had.

Credit to you boys though as you still asked questions of our defence til the very end. 

Goal of the Game was St Dennis' second from a cleared free kick and a nice ball down the right helped on by the slippery surface where the wide-man outpaced our Defenders to unleash a perfect, and i mean perfect first time early ball that bounced at the sweet-spot, to the striker, who's  jumping half volley tapped nicely over the on-rushing keeper.

Always a pleasure Hosting St Dennis.

5 hours ago, ProbertoBaggio said:

Hi Grosey.

Just an amendment to the above. (not a match report, just some notes from the game)

2-1 to St Dennis at half time then you fired another in another to make it 3-1 at 50 mins. We pulled one back 3 minutes later.

The big turning point for me was at 3-2 where you had a bouncing ball cleared off of the line and we got the penalty from the resulting counter attack to make 3-3.

I was speaking to your keeper about it and he agrees it was a Pen but we both questioned whether it should've been awarded after a clear advantage was played?

With the player sin-binned and scoring the last 2 goals, we knew that this was our chance to capitalize considering the man-down and the momentum we had.

Credit to you boys though as you still asked questions of our defence til the very end. 

Goal of the Game was St Dennis' second from a cleared free kick and a nice ball down the right helped on by the slippery surface where the wide-man outpaced our Defenders to unleash a perfect, and i mean perfect first time early ball that bounced at the sweet-spot, to the striker, who's  jumping half volley tapped nicely over the on-rushing keeper.

Always a pleasure Hosting St Dennis.

Sorry probes I thought we were 3-1 at half time lol,we don't generally get to be ahead ever 🤣🤣,who else scored for u guys as I only got Ross name by over hearing it,was a very good game and all the lads thoroughly enjoyed it bar the result but that's football and we move on to the next one,all the best for Ur season and see u at vets soon.

15 hours ago, davegrose said:

Sorry probes I thought we were 3-1 at half time lol,we don't generally get to be ahead ever 🤣🤣,who else scored for u guys as I only got Ross name by over hearing it,was a very good game and all the lads thoroughly enjoyed it bar the result but that's football and we move on to the next one,all the best for Ur season and see u at vets soon.

Ross got 3, i Got 1 and the last was OG. Cheers mate

6 hours ago, ProbertoBaggio said:

Ross got 3, i Got 1 and the last was OG. Cheers mate

I must of been lino when u scored lol

On 25/08/2022 at 14:49, bighairydave said:

Here is the problem, players don't learn! Also why should the referee put up with players complaining/arguing about decisions because that was "ordinarily accepted"?

They were asking a question mate not arguing it