Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL 2022-2023 season predictions (just abit of fun)

Hi all, I am a local retired ref with a huge love for the local game and having been to a good amount of pre season games I thought it would be good fun to give a league table prediction for the coming season and any additional predictions are welcome!

my prediction is as followed:

1) St Blazey 

2) Sticker 

3) Wendron

4) Newquay

5) Callington 

6) Liskeard

7) Camelford

8 St Austell 

9) Bodmin 

10) Launceston

11) Dobwalls

12) Bude

13) Mullion

14) St Dennis

15) Wadebridge

16) Godolphin

17) Penzance 

like I said just my opinion based off what I’ve seen so far and the new signings, looking forward to another competitive season! 

I think someone has been on the sauce saying Sticker will come 2nd i dont think Ronaldo has joined them theres as much chance of Sticker coming 2nd as me being a Millionaire and putting Godolphin 2nd from bottom im sure they will do better than that . 

Im not going to put all the teams down my top 5 are 1 St Blazey 2 Liskeard 3 Bodmin 4 Wadebridge 5 Newquay 6 Wendron i will say Godolphin will end up 12th 17 Penzance .ok St Austell 10th

I have got Wadebridge down for 4th but they could be dark horses for the league but not if they played like they did the other night vs Falmouth they where outplayed and Falmouth had severel players out Ward , Andreas , Broglino and more i expect Wadebridge had severel out and if young Reski had played it would of made a difference ,the manager Paul Rowes son Brad played and i thought he did really well keeping JBE quiet except for the pen .

Off to see the new look G tonight vs Torpoint hope its the Torpoint 1st team with Ryan Richards and not a load of kids but saying that Mousehole kids where pretty good when i saw them play 

27 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I think someone has been on the sauce saying Sticker will come 2nd i dont think Ronaldo has joined them theres as much chance of Sticker coming 2nd as me being a Millionaire and putting Godolphin 2nd from bottom im sure they will do better than that . 

Im not going to put all the teams down my top 5 are 1 St Blazey 2 Liskeard 3 Bodmin 4 Wadebridge 5 Newquay 6 Wendron i will say Godolphin will end up 12th 17 Penzance .

I have got Wadebridge down for 4th but they could be dark horses for the league but not if they played like they did the other night vs Falmouth they where outplayed and Falmouth had severel players out Ward , Andreas , Broglino and more i expect Wadebridge had severel out and if young Reski had played it would of made a difference ,the manager Paul Rowes son Brad played and i thought he did really well keeping JBE quiet except for the pen .

Off to see the new look G tonight vs Torpoint hope its the Torpoint 1st team with Ryan Richards and not a load of kids but saying that Mousehole kids where pretty good when i saw them play 

Wadebridge will start off strong and fall off as per I think, can't see all the squad hanging around either due to the
numbers they have not being able to give the players the minutes they want/ think they should get. Wouldn't write
sticker off so early either, picked up a little bit of form towards the end of last season and a couple young
signings in the pipeline could be the difference. Think we can all agree it will be a great season regardless and will
be able to look back at this and see who was right or wrong at the end of the season.

enjoy the game tonight fella 👍🏼

2 hours ago, We Two said:

The best way to create interest in a subject is to be creative even contoversial in its content.
claycountryboy61 has certainly come up trumps on both accounts, although his placing of Sticker may suggest where his support lies.

Just from what I've seen in pre season and some new signings that are official/ whispers is what I've based this
on. I have no allegiance to any team down here, I'm from the midlands originally and been down here since the age of 15 and geographically speaking there's a couple teams closer to me then sticker.

1 hour ago, The Town Man said:

1. Liskeard

2. St Blazey

3. Wendron

4. Camelford

5. Wadebridge

6. Bodmin

7. Callington

8. Dobwalls

9. Newquay

10. Sticker.

Bottom - Penzance. (Hope this is wrong as Penzance need to stay in this league. Too big a town not to have representation and their ground is iconic. One of the best in Cornwall)

Very sensible choices and I’m sure there’s plenty on this page that will agree with you. Going off what I’ve seen I just think there’s gonna be plenty of surprises up and down the table this year! And somewhat agree on the Penzance statement but it’s down to the club now a big town like that shouldn’t be in this position in the first place. Money ruining the league maybe or serious changes at the top needed 🤔

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Im not going to put all the teams down my top 5 are 1 St Blazey 2 Liskeard 3 Bodmin 4 Wadebridge 5 Newquay 6 Wendron i will say Godolphin will end up 12th 17 Penzance .

No mention of St.Austell !!! ☹️.

For wants it’s worth as someone who has not seen that much SWPL - I have seen Liskeard and Wadebridge play PSFs (so take it with a pinch of salt) - any team that finishes above Liskeard would be worthy winners of the league. 
As for other contenders, just looking at social media and comments on here, St Blazey will always contend; Wadebridge are a decent team and will get points; Wendron had a Stella year last year but can they repeat it; Camelford have lost, arguably their best play in the lad Harrison to Tavistock and may struggle next season; Callington / St Austell / Dobwalls and Bodmin are a bit of unknowns; Sticker / Newquay / Launceston appear to have emerging squads (maybe not ready for next season); and Penzance / Godolphin / St Dennis look to have problems - I don’t know or have seen enough to comment on the new joiners. 
However it turns out - good luck to all involved, players, manager and club members - have a great season and I hope to watch a few games along the way. 

I will not write out all the teams ,so here is my top four and bottom four,

Top four 

1. Liskeard... should win the league 

2  wendron ..strong team last year if they have similar squad they should do well 

3.  st blazey.  Should be in the top four with the squad they have but their downfall could be the high expectations around the club 

4.callington ..good manager and some good signings .they will miss clokes goals ,but if they can keep a settled starting 11,, I feel they will be up there 

Bottom four 

Penzance. Another season to far I think 

St Dennis.   Lovely club and well run but repeat of last year 

Mullion  step up to much I feel..

Goldolphin. Young squad by sounds of it 

Dark horses ....camelford  strong squad ..,.and Launceston... experienced manager but do they have the squad 

I have not mentioned Bodmin anywhere people will say for me they are in a rebuilding season with a average manager

23 hours ago, tamar.man said:

I will not write out all the teams ,so here is my top four and bottom four,

Top four 

1. Liskeard... should win the league 

2  wendron ..strong team last year if they have similar squad they should do well 

3.  st blazey.  Should be in the top four with the squad they have but their downfall could be the high expectations around the club 

4.callington ..good manager and some good signings .they will miss clokes goals ,but if they can keep a settled starting 11,, I feel they will be up there 

Bottom four 

Penzance. Another season to far I think 

St Dennis.   Lovely club and well run but repeat of last year 

Mullion  step up to much I feel..

Goldolphin. Young squad by sounds of it 

Dark horses ....camelford  strong squad ..,.and Launceston... experienced manager but do they have the squad 

I have not mentioned Bodmin anywhere people will say for me they are in a rebuilding season with a average manager

Fair comments.

Hard to look past Liskeard for the title. Top 4 should be St Blazey, Wendron and Wadebridge - I’m tipping Wadebridge for 2nd as hearing excellent things about them. 

Bottom - sadly between Bude and Penzance- Bude only came 5th in St Pirans. But as it’s qualifying season for new league I’d be amazed if there’s relegation (but the FA do like surprises)