Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 5 February 2022

Ashton & Backwell United           2-3         Millbrook

Bitton                                               1-1         Buckland Athletic

Bridport                                          0-9         Saltash United

Brislington                                      0-1         Helston Athletic

Cadbury Heath                               3-2         Exmouth Town

Clevedon Town                              3-1         Ilfracombe Town

Mousehole                                     5-1         Bridgwater United

Street                                               1-2         Shepton Mallet

Wellington                                      1-0         Keynsham Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 5 February 2022
8 hours ago, Southwest football fan said:

But when a SWPL team win by this amount it's a joke...All the league's need a reshuffle!

Bridport have been through the mill this season and following a mauling by Millbrook stopped paying all their players. But I’ll tell you this, even at 0-9 down they pressed as hard as they could and almost caught us out in the last few minutes. That’s to be commended. They know they’ll be relegated and have plans in place for next season and they’ll rebuild and be back hopefully pretty quickly. They want to go Western 1 rather than SWPL E or worse for them Wessex 1! 

The pitch was good for mid February, big clubhouse and Argyle on the screen before kickoff. Can’t ask for much more. 

It will come down to money. The jump up is massive . Longer trips. Players will want more cash. Trips to London midweek  etc 

more professionally run clubs 

parkway will tell you that.  They also have healthy crowd to supplement some of the cost.  Falmouth I could see up there. Not the others tho without massive investment 

53 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

parkway will tell you that.  They also have healthy crowd to supplement some of the cost.  Falmouth I could see up there. Not the others tho without massive investment 

Don’t underestimate what Mousehole have behind them. A chairman who will give every minute of his time to attract sponsorship, & a huge committee who back him & support him to the hilt. 

In my opinion, the club in the best position of all the others to get to the Southern league.

2 hours ago, kevin richards said:

Don’t underestimate what Mousehole have behind them. A chairman who will give every minute of his time to attract sponsorship, & a huge committee who back him & support him to the hilt. 

In my opinion, the club in the best position of all the others to get to the Southern league.

Trying to get a job down there now Kev??🤣🤣🤣