Buckland Athletic     3-1         Millbrook

Clevedon Town   2-2  Keynsham Town

Helston Athletic    0-0         Tavistock

Ilfracombe Town     1-4    Shepton Mallet

Saltash United        4-3         Bitton

Street          1-0        Cadbury Heath

Wellington      3-2         Ashton & Backwell United

16 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Helston signing a new keeper I believe ? With Bodmin keeper going to mousehole even tho Bodmin are adamant they not received 7 days. All sounds bit 0f  a mess. Do players not speak to anyone anymore ?

Sounds like a bit of a musical chairs. Does anybody know what has happened to John Ross, the keeper that Helston signed from Dorchester? Assuming he's injured.

Pretty sure that Marko Radovanovic (ask Rappo for the correct pronunciation on that one) was only signed on cover from Taunton, so would make sense if they are going for a more permanent option. It has been a bit of a problem position over the last few seasons for Helston, with Robertson, Wyatt and Borthwick being tried and Oliver at Ilfracombe turning down a move.

Saltash United 4 Bitton 3

I don’t know where to start.

Blood, thunder, 3 red cards for Bitton, Ashes 2-3 down at half time but coming back to beat the worst whinging moaning side I’ve seen at this level. Bitton had every trick off the book, time wasting- a goalie who had more cramp than known to mankind. They tried to get Henry Wilson sent off for a strong but fair tackle and when that failed their management literally lost the plot. 

But goals from Callum Martindale, Sam Farrant, Tom Harris and Dave Barker saw Ashes home for a deserved win. 

Can I add- Shaun Edge was excellent as referee today- in control ,fair and importantly not worried as Bitton fell to pieces in the last 10 mins. He didn’t fall for the play acting and was a credit to his job today.

Onwards onwards. 

Helston 0, Tavistock 0

Well it wasn’t for the lack of trying that these two high scoring teams ended up in a goalless draw.

As expected the game started at a fairly fast pace with the referee having to be careful that the game didn’t boil over too much too early!

As it was there were a lot of silly fouls, unnecessary in my opinion.

The first sign of any action on goal came when Dan Koita headed over a Tavistock free kick and then their top scorer Liam Prynn had a shot from distance deflected off for a corner. The home side responded with a surprise snapshot from Tyler Elliott.

Midway through the first half a Josh Robins shot hit the Helston crossbar and from the counter attack Lewis Daw was shown a yellow for stopping Stuart Bowker getting a run in goal.

This was soon followed by Billy Tucker and Craig Veal hitting shots across the Tavy goal face. We then had a red card incident for a tackle with Robins being dismissed after the ref took his time and consulted his assistant.

There was still time before the interval for another skirmish which ended with Harrison Jewell and Jake Miller being shown a yellow each. Half time goalless but surely it was a question of what could Tavistock do to prevent Helston getting the vital breakthrough in the next 45.

The Blues came out and very nearly went in front but a Josh Storey header went over.  This was really the tale of the second half with Helston on numerous occasions forcing Tavistock back but without really penetrating their back line enough. On one occasion they had a couple shots, one straight after the other, that were blocked with the Tavistock team diving all over the place to prevent a breakthrough and that pretty much summed up how well their defence were able to block any serious attacks.

In added on time, Tavistock could have pinched it when awarded a couple free kicks on the edge of the Helston area but Liam Prynn was unable to break the Helston defensive wall. 

So an exciting game finished goalless, no doubt Helston will rue the chance of getting a double over the league leaders whilst Tavistock will probably leave happy to have at least clinched a point having played with ten men for about an hour. 

The game was a good one to watch despite no goals and I certainly enjoyed it.

And a good crowd too - 292.

15 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Helston 0, Tavistock 0

Well it wasn’t for the lack of trying that these two high scoring teams ended up in a goalless draw.

As expected the game started at a fairly fast pace with the referee having to be careful that the game didn’t boil over too much too early!

The first sign of any action on goal came when Dan Koita headed over a Tavistock free kick and then their top scorer Liam Prynn had a shot from distance deflected off for a corner. The home side responded with a surprise snapshot from Tyler Elliott.

Midway through the first half a Josh Robins shot hit the Helston crossbar and from the counter attack Lewis Daw was shown a yellow for stopping Stuart Bowker getting a run in goal.

This was soon followed by Billy Tucker and Craig Veal hitting shots across the Tavy goal face. We then had a red card incident for a tackle with Robins being dismissed after the ref took his time and consulted his assistant.

There was still time before the interval for another skirmish which ended with Harrison Jewell and Jake Miller being shown a yellow each. Half time goalless but surely it was a question of what could Tavistock do to prevent Helston getting the vital breakthrough in the next 45.

The Blues came out and very nearly went in front but a Josh Storey header went over.  This was really the tale of the second half with Helston on numerous occasions forcing Tavistock back but without really penetrating their back line enough. On one occasion they had a couple shots, one straight after the other, that were blocked with the Tavistock team diving all over the place to prevent a breakthrough and that pretty much summed up how well their defence were able to block any serious attacks.

In added on time, Tavistock could have pinched it when awarded a couple free kicks on the edge of the Helston area but Liam Prynn was unable to break the Helston defensive wall. 

So an exciting game finished goalless, no doubt Helston will rue the chance of getting a double over the league leaders whilst Tavistock will probably leave happy to have at least clinched a point having played with ten men for about an hour. 

Told you it woukd be a high scoring encounter...🙄

Sounds a bit like a boxing match. Tavi taking all the punishment that Helston could throw, but not going down.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 9 October 2021
1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Helston 0, Tavistock 0

It was all them Falmouth Town ex-fans there watching and one or two players too. James Ward the next signing for Helston by the look of things. 

Helston v Tavistock lacked quality I thought.  Tavistock tried to get the ball down and play a bit more than Helston without really troubling them. Helston were happy to clip balls into the channels for Bowker to run onto and then dive on the floor and berate the ref for not getting the decision. Not much coaching or tactical changes coming from Helston dugout. Tavistock dugout wasn't much better apart from Stu Henderson changing formation and a player after the sending off. Helston number 4 beatie I think, possibly the most annoying player I've watched in a long time. Always shouting and moaning at ref, wouldn't be so bad if he was any good. Tucker is by far Helstons best player.  Liam Prynn for Tavistock stood out for them. Thought the Daw brothers handled Bowker well. Ref and his assistant's did well, not many wrong decisions wrong. Didn't take crap from either team. Ref made less mistakes than the players! Pitch looked good, decent crowd. 

Looking at the highlights I thought the young ref handled it quite well. The josh robins sending off looked harsh to be fair he looked like he won the ball and just caught him slightly on follow through. But I believe the linesman has intervened and told the ref it was red. 
also Miller for tavi was maybe  lucky not get a second yellow but again the ref was calm among a load of shouting and screaming  from helston and the bench and decided to tell Miller it was last chance. 
Helston only have them self’s to blame for not taking advantage when helston had players off. Tavistock definitely turned the corner and look a very strong outfit. 

Watched the game at Helston as a neutral and thought that Tavistock organised themselves well at halftime having gone down to 10 men. I felt that both teams ( in the first half in particular) seemed to be competing for who could shout the loudest at the referee ( who I thought had a good game ) often over the smallest of incidents - I do often wonder if that sometimes serves only to distract the teams concentration on playing their game ? - both teams showed a lot of pace and skill but , I am sure, that Helston will have been disappointed at not being able to find a way through to goal when playing against 10 men for the whole of the second half.

On 09/10/2021 at 19:01, Philheybrookbay said:

Saltash United 4 Bitton 3

I don’t know where to start.

Blood, thunder, 3 red cards for Bitton, Ashes 2-3 down at half time but coming back to beat the worst whinging moaning side I’ve seen at this level. Bitton had every trick off the book, time wasting- a goalie who had more cramp than known to mankind. They tried to get Henry Wilson sent off for a strong but fair tackle and when that failed their management literally lost the plot. 

But goals from Callum Martindale, Sam Farrant, Tom Harris and Dave Barker saw Ashes home for a deserved win. 

Can I add- Shaun Edge was excellent as referee today- in control ,fair and importantly not worried as Bitton fell to pieces in the last 10 mins. He didn’t fall for the play acting and was a credit to his job today.

Onwards onwards. 

You are right about Bitton Phil.... gamesmanship, timewasting, badgering the ref....a good side but awful attitude. This is not the first time I've seen unseemly behaviour from Bitton either. I normally concur with you on Ashes games, but think the Wison tackle was poor and could have been a red. I thought the ref wasn't great, but sometimes players make it impossible for officials. Saturday was one such day.

The winner may have been fortunate but Ashes showed character in turning 2-3 at HT into a victory.  Second half performance - and keeping cool when Bitton lost theirs - meant Ashes just about deserved the 3 points. 

1 hour ago, Secret Referee said:

Saltash’s highlights from Saturday:

Why is there no footage of the contentious decisions? Red cards or other incidents aren’t covered at all?

I have noticed in other club's highlights packages that the more contentious moments are left out. It's usually the bits you want to see (but they possibly don't want the FA or opponents on the wrong end of these to have chance to study them in detail).

5 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

I have noticed in other club's highlights packages that the more contentious moments are left out. It's usually the bits you want to see (but they possibly don't want the FA or opponents on the wrong end of these to have chance to study them in detail).

I have attached the red card incident above. I don't understand how that is not a red card! - Late, high, straight leg & out of control. Poor decision making from player and ref. 

Doesn’t look at all good from that clip!

Certainly a red card offence in my book.

However, the referee is a little ‘head on’ here and is unlikely to have been able to see the full extent of it. 
I’d like to see the referee a bit closer to play and generate some form of angle here to give the best chance of correctly identifying a dangerous challenge.

5 hours ago, GenerationGrey said:

I mean, maybe say I’m in the know. Had to be trimmed as took nearly 4 minutes to restart from Shaun Edge.

Do you have clips of the other incidents from later in the game? I understand there were several red cards shown.

Superb 3rd goal from Tom Harris, great feet, good strength, and what a strike!!! Dane won’t be chuffed with the two free headers in the 6 yard box but great character shown by his lads in this game to go on and win it. The main question for me though is what the f#*k has happened to those lovely Ashes box nets I saw pre season!!  😁! 😲😳🤔🤭😢