PREMIER WEST

Liskeard Athletic                    P-P             Launceston

Porthleven                          P-P            Penzance                 

Helston Athletic             2-1              Callington Town

WALTER C PARSON LEAGUE CUP, Quarter Final

Falmouth Town                   3-2              St Blazey                  

Millbrook AFC                       2-0            Saltash United

7 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Twitter says Porthleven vs Penzance OFF already .. bit early for a Postponement more than 27 hours away? Is there a different protocol with midweek matches implied by the SWPL ? 

And you think these pitches are going to dry out after the last two days of rain? 

Get a life man!

11 minutes ago, Barca said:

I know you're the expert Older but I looked at a pitch that was soaking wet yesterday PM but is perfectly playable now, firm in fact, not even a pitch inspection required. Surprising what a dry sunny day can do!

No expert Barca, but you are correct, sunshine and wind is a wonderful thing.

Our pitch is rapidly drying as well but would quickly become saturated again with a bit rain.

Saltash dumped out of the cup at Milbrook ! Worth all the effort by the groundsman there !

Awful Awful performance from a weakened Saltash with 3 cup winners left on the bench tonight ??? 
should have been strong enough but lacking quality throughout the game in all departments

congratulations to millbrook for battling to the end.

Millbrook 2 Saltash 0

Sigh. Well it had to happen sometime. Millbrook 2 Saltash 0 in the League Cup 1/4s. Never in it tonight. Fair play to Millbrook, they bossed the midfield, and took their two chances well. Couple of close misses for the Ashes, but it just wasnt our night. Millbrook defended doggedly and well and fully deserved the win. So, we loose the league cup as last seasons holders, but we can't complain- we've rode our luck several times over the last few games but tonight it bit us. Next its St Dennis at home on Saturday. Corona permitting!

Wednesday 11th March

SWPL Premier Division East 

Torpoint Athletic 3-2 Holsworthy 

With Robbie Morris at The Mill

Torpoint Athletic got back to winning ways after their defeat at Brixham on Saturday afternoon, with this victory against their lowly hardworking visitors as this match was delayed for 24 hours due to the weather improving. 

The visitors shock their hosts, as they took a 5th minute lead through Dan Metherell when he shot home from close range after a corner was put in. This was after Harry Hopcroft shot from 20 yards and the home keeper, Jason Peters put the ball wide, with a low save.

Two minutes later, the hosts equalised when Lee Bevan converted a penalty, after Owen Raven was brought down in the area.

On 20 minutes, Ben Sharpe for the Magpies had a shot, just inches over the cross bar.

Then on the half hour mark the hosts went in front when Danny Zalick shot home from 6 yards with Mike Lucas and Owen Raven who had some good build up play to create the goal.

Then on the 71st minute Matt Ward converted the penalty for the Magpies to level the scores at 2-2. 

With ten minutes remaining, Lewis Kershaw, who have only been on the pitch for two minutes, scored the winner from 6 yards when he put home Owen Raven’s pinpoint cross to put Torpoint back up to 3rd I’m the lead.

Stats

Torpoint Athletic: J. Peters, J. McCreery, L. Bevan, S. Hill, D. Smith, J. Heveran, O. Raven, M. Lucas (L. Kershaw 78), C. Damerell, D. Zalick, J. Miller.

Subs not used: H. Bunning

Sin Bins: None

Yellow cards: J. Peters 71

Red Cards: None

Torpoint Scores: L. Bevan 7, D. Zalick 30, L. Kershaw 

Holsworthy: R. Walter, J. Gilbert, D Metherell, J. Elvins, L. Gardiner, C. Chandler, D. Chidlwy (L. Hazel 87), T. Martyn (M. Ward 50), B. Sharpe, H. Hopcroft, W. Pugh.

Subs not used: N. Heyward, L. Dart

Sin Bins: 

Yellow cards: None

Red Card: None

Holsworthy scorers: D. Metherell 5, M. Ward 71.

Att: 71

MOM: Owen Raven 

Referee: Richard Butter (Launceston)

6 hours ago, Paul said:

Falmouth 3v2 St Blazey. With 10 or so minutes to go Falmouth were running out of ideas. A soft penalty (thats being kind) changed everything. A very good away performance that deserved so much more. 

Watched this one.

Not much of a first half and pretty even with both keepers making some tidy saves.

Second half Falmouth much more dominant with Blazey restricted to breakaways, looked a bit of a dive for the penalty and no-one thought it was where I was standing but we're not standing where the referee is...so penalty and well put away.

All in all another dramatic end to reasonable cup game keeping a rather depleted and quieter F troop from making too much noise!

Attendance around the 200 mark I'm told so not too bad for a very cold evening out.

11 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Saltash dumped out of the cup at Milbrook ! Worth all the effort by the groundsman there !

Awful Awful performance from a weakened Saltash with 3 cup winners left on the bench tonight ??? 
should have been strong enough but lacking quality throughout the game in all departments

Millbrook 2 Saltash 0

Seemed like a pretty strong Ashes line up to me, Sam Hughes looked to be the only absentee from the squad on the night. With the fixture pile up Saltash now face, players will have to be rotated in an out of the starting line up. The league and promotion must be their number one priority. 

Well done to Millbrook. With them playing in the eastern part of the SWPL, their achievements this season have gone a bit under the radar.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Falmouth 3v2 St Blazey. With 10 or so minutes to go Falmouth were running out of ideas. A soft penalty (thats being kind) changed everything. A very good away performance that deserved so much more. 

How much did the landricombes cost you last night Paul ? 

10 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Millbrook 2 Saltash 0

You make it sound like they had the reserves in ! They only had Sam Hughes missing, we were better over most areas of the pitch, they ran out of ideas as we pressed them all over and we fully deserved our victory.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Watched this one.

Not much of a first half and pretty even with both keepers making some tidy saves.

Second half Falmouth much more dominant with Blazey restricted to breakaways, looked a bit of a dive for the penalty and no-one thought it was where I was standing but we're not standing where the referee is...so penalty and well put away.

All in all another dramatic end to reasonable cup game keeping a rather depleted and quieter F troop from making too much noise!

Attendance around the 200 mark I'm told so not too bad for a very cold evening out.

I ventured down to Falmouth to watch this last night.  And from where i was sat, i must say it looked like a Pen.  But think there was a clear split on that with some disagreeing (the beauty of not having VAR)

Personally thought the VERY young looking referee looked like a rabbit in headlights for most of the game, and could have easier issued more cards in this meaty encounter.  No.2 for Falmouth could have seen Red on another day for his challenge, and almost got away with nothing, as the referee "lost" him until the lino helped him out.

JW

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Watched this one.

Obviously im biased but i thought the F-troop were loud and proud last night. But here's a quote i saw on twitter from a guy who made his first ever visit to Bickland park last night, don't know where he is from but he visits loads on non-league grounds.. Not my words Baks. UP THE F-TROOP :) 

baks.PNG

Thought Falmouth played with Flair ( pardon the pun Blazey fans ) 

Possibly should of scored 2/3 more goals & shaded the possession/chances.

On a night where there was No Smoke Without Fire ( pardon the pun again Blazey fans) I thought the Referee was poor for both team's. Well done Falmouth.

Hearing St.Blazey making an approach for  Glynn Hooper in the Summer, their vision of paying big bucks & not achieving anything they are looking to Glynn now he has more time ( travelling to Helston every other weekend as assistant at present) he might be tempted to take on his home town club again. 

On 12/03/2020 at 09:16, Hands like shovels said:

You make it sound like they had the reserves in ! They only had Sam Hughes missing, we were better over most areas of the pitch, they ran out of ideas as we pressed them all over and we fully deserved our victory.

In fact I have nothing but praise for your club and your magnificent supporters. But at the end of the day it was a poor performance from Saltash.