Cornwall Football Forum

SWPL - Saturday Sept 29 2018

To the effing moaners on here asking why the results are not entered on the forum quicker.

Dave Deacon does most, I just do the Combo.

We are effing volunteers, we have a life, we visit matches, we get home late. Dave helps out at Truro City home matches, so how can he have time to start texting away at full time when he has to drive 100 miles home.

Why don't you effing moaners get off your fat arses get a piece of paper, scribble down the scores when Radio Cornwall announces them and post them for the rest of us on the forum.

You can't, why?

You haven't got the time, inclination, energy. you're too busy, etc, when really you're too effing lazy to help others,and prefer to moan too get a reaction.

Well you've got one from me you lazy effing ba$tards.

Greedy, selfish people on here, expect the world handed to them on an effing plate.

This forum costs them nothing, but the selfish sods still moan.

Wise up it doesn't happen like that, you either help or effing shut up and accept how we run the forum.

Effing rant over.

11 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

To the effing moaners on here asking why the results are not entered on the forum quicker.

We are effing volunteers, we have a life, we visit matches, we get home late. Dave helps out at Truro City home matches, so how can he have time to start texting away at full time when he has to drive 100 miles home.

Why don't you effing moaners get off your fat arses get a piece of paper, scribble down the scores when Radio Cornwall announces them and post them for the rest of us on the forum.

You can't, why?

You haven't got the time, inclination, energy. you're too busy, etc, when really you're too effing lazy to help others,and prefer to moan too get a reaction.

Greedy, selfish people on here, expect the world handed to them on an effing plate.

Wise up it doesn't happen like that, you either help or effing shut up and accept how we run the forum.

Effing rant over.

Brilliant rant well effing said 

13 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

You can't, why?

Effing rant over.

Dilly Dilly

20 hours ago, Mr Justice said:

Just reading that Ludgvan has turned up with 5 players at St Dennis. St Dennis have given them 3 including their Physio. Surely they can't carry on like that. 

Surely this result cannot be allowed to stand ?

Is this not fielding ineligible players ?

How have Tracy Banfield and Sue Rowe even had the nerve to submit this as a result to the league secretary ?

And why has the league accepted it as such and updated the table to reflect that ?

26 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

You can't, why?

Effing rant over.

Did Penzance lose yesterday by any chance lol

34 minutes ago, Smiler said:

That makes no difference. We are volunteers. There are people on here that expect us to be at their beck and call.

Do you walk into the Air Ambulance charity shop and give the person behind the counter stick because they haven't got the x-box game you want. No because they are volunteers.

Same with us. We keep this forum going with hundreds of hours of our time per year and then people have the gall to complain!

So ludgvan reserves played yesterday?. Winning 6-0.. i know you cant force players to travel but surley the first team travelling with 5 isnt right.

Someone has to bite the bullet here...either the club or the league. Cant go on like that. 

If its the fine ludgvan cannot pay then surley the league can compromise.. as individual fines will keep topping up.

Anyway credit to the lads that did turn up and all the best with whatever you decide to do...i can only think that your hanging in as a manager/players maybe in the pipeline. Hope so.

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

You can't, why?

Effing rant over.

In all fairness its only Big D!ckhead that was moaning, the rest of us appreciate the effort volunteers put in. Without volunteers local football would nose dive and not exist

6 hours ago, SteveM said:

Paul and England certainly put in eye-catching performances. It'd be fair to say that if Mousehole had their shooting boots on it'd be quite a different result, but St Blazey defended doggedly and created one or two good chances of their own. Matt Hayden will be delighted with the resolve that his side showed.

The goal came from wide left, well outside the penalty area. I'm not going to say it was a mishit cross (Brad Putt hadn't quite chugged into the box to get on the end of anything) but I think Josh Harris was probably surprised at how effective his effort was...!

Mousehole are undoubtedly a very good, quick, technical side, but they lack physicality outside of their defence. They frequently go down under robust challenges, which will both win a lot of soft free kicks and frustrate their opponents, but the flip side is that when they're not given a free kick they're often out of position and vulnerable to counter attack. This is how St Blazey got in to them, and better sides than St Blazey will definitely score goals against them.

With the departure of Morgan, Johnson and Howe, St Blazey are a much weaker side than previously, but they still have some good players to build a side around. Hayden must be looking to recruit a centre half, a right winger and a centre forward to give the squad a chance at recovering this season. Hopefully he can secure them!

Where have Johnson and Howe gone?

Exmouth Town 5 Goldolphin 0

Exmouth Town were just too strong for Goldolphin in the end here. Town took the lead through Ace High in the 42nd minute after some resolute defending by Goldolphin and there man mountain of a keeper. Town took control of the game in the second half with goals from Karl Rickard another for Ace High plus Jimmy Hinds and Aaron Denny. Goldolphin  weren`t helped by a sending off either. Attendance 120. 

Blimey CTB, that was a rant and a half! One of the worst I’ve seen on here for a while. ?

Just to clarify a couple of things, I don’t help put Truro City when they are playing at “home”.

However, I have helped (for free) Piran Films who cover Truro’s home games as commentator for his YouTube coverage when Mark couldn’t get anyone else, but that’s only been one actual Saturday so far. However, because of no sponsors, it means I will be stepping in again (for free) to do the commentating for October while a replacement is found. Sponsorship is also being sought again so that remuneration might be possible. Anyone interested, either with the sponsorship or commentating should get in touch with Mark direct at Piran Films.

However, I do help out the SWPL every day they have a match as I am responsible for collecting the results in for sending onto various media outlets and interested parties. These are emailed off (with up to date league tables). Sometimes a few are a little sluggish being text to me as the unpaid club officials are doing so many other things that takes up their time.

There’s many good people at clubs, not just SWPL clubs, but clubs throughout the county that do a lot for nothing.

Then again there’s always a few that just moan and whatever is actually done, even then they don’t appreciate it.

Many thanks to the volunteers. Condolences to the moaners!

7 minutes ago, djs said:

I really don't understand why anyone bothers replying to his constant childish drivel and constant negativity. Runs away from every offer/challenge. I bet he had a miserable childhood.

Djs this brutal mate. He has nothing to do but pick faults in pointless  situations. He is to much of a coward to take  any opportunity  given to him

On 29/09/2018 at 19:30, Fanfare said:

Don't know why Falmouth drafted in a Frogpool player to play in goal. What's wrong with the second team? Or third team?

Harry McMellon is a very competent keeper who played 8 times last season for Falmouth Town first team-I notice the goalkeeper Adam Dower who helped out in Pre Season is playing for Newquay-according to Dave, the Reserve keeper didnt play for the second team on Saturday.

26 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

Harry McMellon is a very competent keeper who played 8 times last season for Falmouth Town first team-I notice the goalkeeper Adam Dower who helped out in Pre Season is playing for Newquay-according to Dave, the Reserve keeper didnt play for the second team on Saturday.

Better than the normal goalie they use. 

On 30/09/2018 at 12:08, Smiler said:

Remember Penzance having a fantastic side in the late 70's & early 80's, big crowds, & always won their home fixture's. Remember those days John Mead?! Is that 3 defeats in a row now for Pz, & a trip to Steve Massey's Helston in the cup up next, in the battle of West Cornwall's two biggest clubs.