West Cornwall Res      2 - 3     Newlyn Lions

DIVISION 4

Four Lanes Reserves   4 - 5     Penzance Reserves

Hayle 3rds                   8 - 0     Madron

Newbridge Athletic     2 - 6     Wendron United 4ths

Ruan Minor                 7 - 2     Newlyn Non-Athletico Reserves

St Buryan Reserves     4 - 1     Carharrack Reserves

Troon AFC Reserves    1 - 5     New Inn Titans

This week's chosen charity will be Jamie's Autism Journey.  Jamie is the son of Danielle and former local footballer, Kevin Roberts.  Jamie has autism and is on the non-verbal end of the spectrum.  Despite not being able to speak, Jamie lights up any room he enters and is such a positive soul, however, the fact that he is unable to comprehend or communicate leads to get frustration. 
There is new treatment that Jamie can have which may lead to him understanding, communicating and unlocking his potential; however, it is extremely expensive and not available on the NHS or via their local authority. 
The beauty of this charity and fundraising isn't just that it will hopefully help Jamie's journey, but also raise awareness and support for other families going through similar things.
You can find out more or donate to the fund on: https://gogetfunding.com/jamies-autism-journey/ or through following Jamie's Autism Journey on Facebook.

Please remember to text in results/match summaries to 07957345945 or jmcdonald88@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

Josh

Premier

Chacewater 1  St.Buryan 3  h/t 0-2

Chacewater scorer Craig Hitchens

The home started poorly and never really upped their game though they did have a decent spell early in the second half when they scored.St.Buryan fully deserved their win.

Men of the match were the two goalkeepers,Jamie Wilson and Tim Coates,who both made numerous and outstanding saves on a wet slippery pitch.

Falmouth DC 0 Probus 4

We started well and took the lead after 20 minutes when Paul Cox finished well. He then doubled the lead when a Mark Sherris effort was saved and he followed up to tap the ball home. Falmouth kept coming at us without really creating anything clear cut and Sam Jones in goal for us dealt with everything that he had to do. 2-0 to Probus at half-time.

We started the second half on top and had a few half chances that were dealt with by the keeper. He made an outstanding save when Pete Davey's left foot strike from 20 yards was heading for the back of the net until he threw himself across goal. We did eventually add to the score when Pete Davey's free kick was headed in by me! Not long after Dean Southworth, who was outstanding today, won the ball on the left hand side and he played in Stuart Rowe who finished well. Falmouth DC never gave up but never really created anything clear. Final score 4-0.

Overall we deserved the win in very difficult conditions and everyone of the squad did their job well today. A very good 3 points for us at a hard place to get a result. The referee, Kevin Bennetts, was excellent and played advantage wherever he could.

Four Lanes 5-4 St Ives Mariners 

Four Lanes started the first 20 minutes well and were 2-0 up thanks to goals from Nathan Williams and Shaun Wilkins.

In typical Four Lanes style they switched off and Mariners grew into the game with chances.  

35 minutes in they were awarded a blatant penalty after a trip by the Four Lanes defender.  Unfortunately for Mariners stand in keeper Neil Bartlett saved before Four Lanes scored on the stroke of half time to make it 3-0 with Joel Snape scoring.

Four Lanes were soon 4-0 up in the second half with Nathan Williams getting his second of the day, but then came the comeback. Mariners pulled 2 back in 2 minutes before being awarded another penalty rightly so by the ref. This time the ball hit the net to make it 4-3....game on!

With Mariners pushing Four Lanes won a corner and Nathan Williams scored his hat trick out jumping everybody.  Mariners never gave up and scored again to make it 5-4. It wasn't enough though and Four Lanes held on for the 3 points.

Both goalkeepers made important saves and were easily each other's MOTM in my opinion.

Thanks to the Duke Of Leeds pub for the food, top bunch of guys and will see you next season ?

Wish we could have this ref every week, let the game flow and wasn't afraid to play advantage before pulling the game back if needed for both sides.

Newbridge 2 - 6 Wendron 4ths

not a great game for us, we played some good football as we have all season and created chances which we didn't take. Wendron on the other hand finished everything available, apart from some good saves by our keeper!

We move on and look for our first 3 points in awhile next week!

Thanks to the Wendron lads that came back to the pub, it was a welcome sight and as always good banter and good food.

Newbridge goals: Monty 2

Newbridge motm: Monty.

A big thanks to Anita for stepping in and controlling the game for us today, great job!

Edited by Newbridge Man

Mabe 1 - 3 Penwith Exiles 

we simply wanted this result more today. We won every second ball and made every challenge at crucial times. I'm sure mabe themselves would say we clearly wanted this more today. A few excellent team goals finished by Rory Courtney and Danny earl and the result was never really in doubt. Huge 3 points for us and back where we want to be top of the league!! I don't think mabe had there best day today and they clearly have more to offer just not today. Hope they have a good finish to the season from all at Penwith Exiles! 

#theboysinpinkdoitagain 

Wendron 3 Frogpool 0

Horrible conditions on the banana pitch with howling winds. Frogpool came out well with the wind and had a few chances in the first 30 mins. The keeper pulling off a worldie save going one way and came back to save low to his left. Wendron hit us on the break to make it 1 nil at half time. Competitive second half until the 2nd goal went in and then heads went down for us. See you again at our pitch in a few weeks.

As a neutral watching the mabe v penwith game it's fair to say it was a fiesty game. The first 15/20 minutes were dominated by mabe who were unlucky not to be leading by 1 or 2. The game opened up penwith came alive. A few challenges were debatable. The mabe centre half in my eyes lucky not to see red for a rash challenge. But towards the end a penwith player slapped a mabe player(who stayed on his feet) which the ref missed. Good weather for ducks!

26 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Mabe 1 - 3 Penwith Exiles 

we simply wanted this result more today. We won every second ball and made every challenge at crucial times. I'm sure mabe themselves would say we clearly wanted this more today. A few excellent team goals finished by Rory Courtney and Danny earl and the result was never really in doubt. Huge 3 points for us and back where we want to be top of the league!! I don't think mabe had there best day today and they clearly have more to offer just not today. Hope they have a good finish to the season from all at Penwith Exiles! 

#theboysinpinkdoitagain 

Fair report Dan, we didn't really turn up today. Exiles always a well organised team and hard to break down and not being at our best we rarely created many clear cut chances, apart from hitting the bar with a header early on. Exiles looked dangerous on the break and took there goals well with some good finishes, so no complaints about the result from our end today. Hopefully we can get out of our little dip and put a strong finish together. Look forward to next match, always entertaining to play in. 

27 minutes ago, Freeman20 said:

Madron 0- 8 Hayle "3rds"

Little more to say really. Played the 2nd half with ten men. Our injured goalkeeper had to go upfront so pretty rough day in general. Fair play to hayle outclassed us from the beginning. 

Weren't Hayle at home?

Goonhavern Athletic Reserves 4-1 Illogan 3rds 

Decent run for us by a goonhavern team who wanted it more today we were off the pace in too many areas, and deservedly beaten!!! 

However at times both myself and goonhavern management watch one of the most bizzare refereeing performances I've ever seen... report been written couple huge decisions totally wrong but the biggest issue for me was the manner he spoke to players in if it was reverse it would of been card shown!!! really disappointing but we'll write report in... however congratulations goonhavern nice bunch who out worked and out battled us today!!!

Best of luck to them the rest of season 

Pendeen 0-4 West Cornwall

Having been absolutely battered at our place by Pendeen a few weeks ago, we were in no mood to put that level of performance in again.

First half we played with a bit of a breeze at our backs, took a while to get settled. Pendeen had more of the ball, and had the first chance with a header at the back stick straight at the keeper who held on. We started to come into the game more, but nobody could have seen the opening goal coming. A pass in the middle of the field sat up a little, Owain Barrett ran onto it and unleashed an absolute worldy over the keeper from somewhere near 35-40 yards. Settled us down a bit and gave us a little more confidence and belief, we continued to press and forced a corner, which Graham Hill was first to at the front post, and managed to flick the ball goalwards, squeezing between the man on the line and the post, to make it 2-0. Pendeen had a chance right on half time from a corner of their own, which was cleared off the line, and that brought an end to the half.

2nd half started and the wind seemed to have picked up, and the rain started to fall, made it hard work to get out of our half, but easy to defend at times as anything long just sailed out of play. The plan was to soak up pressure and play on the counter. Worked a treat as I don't think we coughed up a real effort at goal. We managed to increase our lead when the returning Robertas was brought down wide of the area, Owain Barrett smashing in a vicious free kick that Ed Huckfield did his best to avoid, but hit him somewhere and deflected in. Then 2 minutes later a clever chipped pass from Toby Ellis was flicked on by Robertas into OB's path, who finished into the far corner. 

Real team effort today with a few players missing and a back line that played it's first game together, although you wouldn't have thought it as they were outstanding all day. Great battle, still say Pendeen are the most organised side we've played this year, just today was our day. 

All the best for the rest of the season.

38 minutes ago, stokefan1 said:

Goonhavern Athletic Reserves 4-1 Illogan 3rds 

Decent run for us by a goonhavern team who wanted it more today we were off the pace in too many areas, and deservedly beaten!!! 

However at times both myself and goonhavern management watch one of the most bizzare refereeing performances I've ever seen... report been written couple huge decisions totally wrong but the biggest issue for me was the manner he spoke to players in if it was reverse it would of been card shown!!! really disappointing but we'll write report in... however congratulations goonhavern nice bunch who out worked and out battled us today!!!

Best of luck to them the rest of season 

If writing a report Scott, I'm guessing that you guys will be marking the referee under 60 out of 100. If that is the case, please remember to use the new form which is on the Trelawny Full Time site. Both Ray Brown (RDO) and the Registration Secretary (Steve Carpenter) are to receive a copy.

http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayNews.do?noticePlacementID=346371577&noticeID=531726523&league=3983534

Div 2 

Holmans 0 Mawnan 9

Difficult first half playing against a strong wind and found it hard to break them down going in 1-0 up at HT! But really thought we up our game and imposed are self second half and  got the result we deserved with also being clinical with the chances that came are way! It's going to be an interesting end to the season in div 2 if u ask me with a lot of strong teams in the league! Good luck to holmans for the rest of the season from everyone at Mawnan.

Mawnan goal scorers 

Dave Williams x4

Keir Dent x2

Olly Growcott-Smith x2

Sim Spear x1

20 minutes ago, Mawnan 2nds said:

Div 2 

Holmans 0 Mawnan 9

Difficult first half playing against a strong wind and found it hard to break them down going in 1-0 up at HT! But really thought we up our game and imposed are self second half and  got the result we deserved with also being clinical with the chances that came are way! It's going to be an interesting end to the season in div 2 if u ask me with a lot of strong teams in the league! Good luck to holmans for the rest of the season from everyone at Mawnan.

Mawnan goal scorers 

Dave Williams x4

Keir Dent x2

Olly Growcott-Smith x2

Sim Spear x1

Also big congratulations to Sim Spear who scored his first goal in what seems about 10years since his last one ?? well done mate ? 

Trelawny League Division 3: Ludgvan Reserves 3-4 Mabe Reserves

Ludgvan took an early lead when Michael Fitchett scored from the penalty spot, however they were pegged back seconds later when the visitors bundled in from close-range.

A series of defensive mistakes saw the Hurlers concede two more to go 3-1 down, but Liam Devine quickly got them back in it when he took advantage of a mistake by the Mabe goalkeeper in a goal-infused first half.

Much like last week's reverse fixture, Ludgvan struggled to get into the game during the opening 45 minutes but got themselves on the front foot in the second period. 

Lewis Griffin missed a great chance to draw the home side level when he pulled a shot wide from six yards out and it looked as though Mabe would see red when Fitchett was brought down by the last man just outside the penalty area. The referee awarded a free-kick in the Hurlers' favour but - much to the bemusement of the spectators - failed to deliver the correct punishment.

Five minutes later, Ludgvan were awarded their second penalty of the game which was again converted by Fitchett, but as he and his team-mates trotted back towards the centre circle, the referee chalked off the goal due to encroachment by both teams. He specifically cited the encroachment by the attacking team as the reason why the kick could not be retaken as many suggested it should have been. Now I'm not expert on the laws of the game but a quick Google search leads me to believe that this was the wrong action? See: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

Mabe then doubled their advantage when an audacious back-heel by their forward, which nutmegged both the Ludgvan defender and goalkeeper, found the back of the net to conclude a quick counter-attacking move.

The two-goal advantage would be short-lived, however, as Devine scored his second of the game with a well-taken shot from the edge of the area that found the left-hand corner.

Putting themselves at risk of conceding another goal, the home side piled men forward in the closing stages but a combination of some wayward finishing and resilient defending by the visitors meant that they ultimately succumbed to a 4-3 defeat.  

We (Ludgvan) were far from our best today but I felt that a couple of incorrect refereeing decisions directly contributed to the outcome of the game. If someone could prove (or disprove) the aforementioned ruling regarding encroachment during a penalty to be correct, I'd be very grateful. If the official got it spot on then fair enough, I'll retract when I've just said. I'm only going on what I've read on the FA website.

33 minutes ago, Hurler said:

Trelawny League Division 3: Ludgvan Reserves 3-4 Mabe Reserves

Ludgvan took an early lead when Michael Fitchett scored from the penalty spot, however they were pegged back seconds later when the visitors bundled in from close-range.

A series of defensive mistakes saw the Hurlers concede two more to go 3-1 down, but Liam Devine quickly got them back in it when he took advantage of a mistake by the Mabe goalkeeper in a goal-infused first half.

Much like last week's reverse fixture, Ludgvan struggled to get into the game during the opening 45 minutes but got themselves on the front foot in the second period. 

Lewis Griffin missed a great chance to draw the home side level when he pulled a shot wide from six yards out and it looked as though Mabe would see red when Fitchett was brought down by the last man just outside the penalty area. The referee awarded a free-kick in the Hurlers' favour but - much to the bemusement of the spectators - failed to deliver the correct punishment.

Five minutes later, Ludgvan were awarded their second penalty of the game which was again converted by Fitchett, but as he and his team-mates trotted back towards the centre circle, the referee chalked off the goal due to encroachment by both teams. He specifically cited the encroachment by the attacking team as the reason why the kick could not be retaken as many suggested it should have been. Now I'm not expert on the laws of the game but a quick Google search leads me to believe that this was the wrong action? See: http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-14---the-penalty-kick

Mabe then doubled their advantage when an audacious back-heel by their forward, which nutmegged both the Ludgvan defender and goalkeeper, found the back of the net to conclude a quick counter-attacking move.

The two-goal advantage would be short-lived, however, as Devine scored his second of the game with a well-taken shot from the edge of the area that found the left-hand corner.

Putting themselves at risk of conceding another goal, the home side piled men forward in the closing stages but a combination of some wayward finishing and resilient defending by the visitors meant that they ultimately succumbed to a 4-3 defeat.  

We (Ludgvan) were far from our best today but I felt that a couple of incorrect refereeing decisions directly contributed to the outcome of the game. If someone could prove (or disprove) the aforementioned ruling regarding encroachment during a penalty to be correct, I'd be very grateful. If the official got it spot on then fair enough, I'll retract when I've just said. I'm only going on what I've read on the FA website.

If the referee spots an attacking player encroach, the restart is as per the table - penalty retaken or indirect free kick to defending team. If the encroachment is by a player from each team, the penalty is retaken unless there has been a more serious offence committed. 

Just two things to note; you had to check the laws of the game after the match, which shows you weren't sure of the outcome. Your referee is a new referee and will make mistakes. If he made one or two today, then I am sure he would have realised after the game. If he is like me, he'd have gone home and read up on the specific incidents, or he would have asked more experienced referees. Encroachment can be a difficult phase to manage at times. It's made a little more difficult as the graph in the lawbook doesn't state what happens when two players from different teams encroach; instead it states that if two offences occur at the same time, the kick is retaken. This can easily be overlooked or/and misinterpreted.

Secondly, there are reports circling on social media stating that the referees equipment was damaged by a representative of your club. Any truth in this? 

Look, referees are not perfect. Players are not perfect. The laws aren't perfect, hell, the game isnt perfect. If you want top class officials who are at the top of their game, you will not get that in grassroots football. Instead, especially in the junior leagues such as Trelawny, Duchy etc, you will get new referees who are learning their trade. How many misplaced passes were made by Ludgvan today? How many chances weren't taken? Tackles missed? How many mistakes did your players make today? I bet you any day of the week that the referees at any game this weekend made less mistakes than all of the players. 

There's a referee Course taking place next month....

22 minutes ago, B_D said:

Secondly, there are reports circling on social media stating that the referees equipment was damaged by a representative of your club. Any truth in this? 

There's a referee Course taking place next month....

Would love to hear @Hurler response to this as if true absolutely shocking! This equipment is paid from the referees expenses and isn't cheap to replace quickly. No wonder we are short on referees at the moment, even at Combo level this week!

4 minutes ago, B_D said:

If the referee spots an attacking player encroach, the restart is as per the table - penalty retaken or indirect free kick to defending team. If the encroachment is by a player from each team, the penalty is retaken unless there has been a more serious offence committed. 

Just two things to note; you had to check the laws of the game after the match, which shows you weren't sure of the outcome. Your referee is a new referee and will make mistakes. If he made one or two today, then I am sure he would have realised after the game. If he is like me, he'd have gone home and read up on the specific incidents, or he would have asked more experienced referees. Encroachment can be a difficult phase to manage at times. It's made a little more difficult as the graph in the lawbook doesn't state what happens when two players from different teams encroach; instead it states that if two offences occur at the same time, the kick is retaken. This can easily be overlooked.

Look, referees are not perfect. Players are not perfect. The laws aren't perfect, hell, the game isnt perfect. If you want top class officials who are at the top of their game, you will not get that in grassroots football. Instead, especially in the junior leagues such as Trelawny, Duchy etc, you will get new referees who are learning their trade. How many misplaced passes were made by Ludgvan today? How many chances weren't taken? Tackles missed? How many mistakes did your players make today? I bet you any day of the week that the referees at any game this weekend made less mistakes that all of the players. 

As I'm sure you know, the ratio of players to referees on the pitch at any one time is 22:1 so of course there are going to be more mistakes made by players than referees!

We misplaced passes, failed to take chances, missed tackles and made mistakes, as did our opponents and (with the latter) as did the referee. That's football and of course I can accept that. I haven't come on here to put the referee down - merely seek clarification on the rules - but when an incorrect decision directly affects the outcome of a game, it's only natural that my team-mates and I feel slightly aggrieved, is it not?

As for the reports, I left immediately after the game so this is the first I've heard of this. Care to point me in the direction of these? Obviously it'd be very disappointing if it turns out to be true but I guess that's for the relevant authorities to sort out.

4 minutes ago, Hurler said:

As I'm sure you know, the ratio of players to referees on the pitch at any one time is 22:1 so of course there are going to be more mistakes made by players than referees!

We misplaced passes, failed to take chances, missed tackles and made mistakes, as did our opponents and (with the latter) as did the referee. That's football and of course I can accept that. I haven't come on here to put the referee down - merely seek clarification on the rules - but when an incorrect decision directly affects the outcome of a game, it's only natural that my team-mates and I feel slightly aggrieved, is it not?

As for the reports, I left immediately after the game so this is the first I've heard of this. Care to point me in the direction of these? Obviously it'd be very disappointing if it turns out to be true but I guess that's for the relevant authorities to sort out.

The referee did come into the away changing room and say that his flag was snapped in half by a Ludgvan player amidst the penalty that was denied for encroachment 

6 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Would love to hear @Hurler response to this as if true absolutely shocking! This equipment is paid from the referees expenses and isn't cheap to replace quickly. No wonder we are short on referees at the moment, even at Combo level this week!

I left immediately after the game so have no knowledge of this. But you're right, if it is true then it's unacceptable regardless of what happened during the game.

7 minutes ago, Hurler said:

Perhaps investigate how get abck to us with either a denial or an apology from the club. Yes the referee makes mistakes but how many in the game effected the result compared wit the amount for either team?

2 minutes ago, B_D said:

What directly affected the outcome of the game is that the opposition scored more goals over the course of 90 minutes. Yet you claim that one decision made over the space of a minute apparently affected the outcome of the game? See where I'm going with this?

I can see where you're trying to go with this, yes. Technically both sides scored the same amount of goals over the course of 90 minutes though...

But they didn't... Mabe scored 4 :P Please don't think I'm having a go btw, which is how it could appear when my comments are read. I'm merely stating that referees are human and will make mistakes, often many less than the players. We are in the Trelawny League, you will get Trelawny standard referees who use these games to become better referees. They will then go on after a season or so to become very good Combination referees, SWPL referees and some may even climb into the National game. But, whilst they are doing that and advancing, we will still be here kicking a ball around a field in junior football. Referees, including myself have to start somewhere. When we pass our course, we can only begin our careers in Open-aged football in the Trelawny League. I'm not saying today's refs didn't know the laws but sometimes, they can be difficult to interpret. We will make mistakes. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth.

4 minutes ago, B_D said:

But they didn't... Mabe scored 4 :P Please don't think I'm having a go btw, which is how it could appear when my comments are read. I'm merely stating that referees are human and will make mistakes, often many less than the players. We are in the Trelawny League, you will get Trelawny standard referees who use these games to become better referees. They will then go on after a season or so to become very good Combination referees, SWPL referees and some may even climb into the National game. But, whilst they are doing that and advancing, we will still be here kicking a ball around a field in junior football. Referees, including myself have to start somewhere. When we pass our course, we can only begin our careers in Open-aged football in the Trelawny League. I'm not saying today's refs didn't know the laws but sometimes, they can be difficult to interpret. We will make mistakes. It's unfortunate, but it's the truth.

You've kind of got me there. What I meant was that as the penalty was scored, by law it should be retaken which would at the very least constitute another clear goal scoring opportunity. 

I appreciate that referees can make mistakes and also appreciate the work you do to improve the number of referees in Cornwall. Like I said I'm not trying to make a massive thing out of it or put down the referee. We were disappointed with the decision and sought clarification on here as to whether this disappointment was justified (which it was) but what's done is done and correct decision or incorrect decision, we lost and were awful today, I can accept that!

5 hours ago, Villatim1981 said:

Wendron 3 Frogpool 0

Horrible conditions on the banana pitch with howling winds. Frogpool came out well with the wind and had a few chances in the first 30 mins. The keeper pulling off a worldie save going one way and came back to save low to his left. Wendron hit us on the break to make it 1 nil at half time. Competitive second half until the 2nd goal went in and then heads went down for us. See you again at our pitch in a few weeks.

This was my final game of the season, opting to play instead of reffing. Very good choice for me as I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Despite the conditions, both teams played some good football at times and never made any stupid decisions (sliding in from thirty yards etc). It was a very well mannered game which is a credit to both clubs, aswell as vetreran referee Ken Keemer who had a very good game in the middle.

Some tidy goals being scored also, the first from some good play by Chris Unsworth on the wing whos well placed ball found Lee Smith who showed fantastic awareness to backheel straight to Craig Owens who struck neatly home from 8 yards. Unsworth showed his quality again in the second half to make it 2-0 as he threaded a ball through to me, beating the offside trap (which Frogpool played very well all game btw) to run a good twenty-five yards along the right wing to drill a cross for Krisian McColls tap-in. Antony Williams was also on the scoresheet after a well placed finish as a result of more good wing play by Smith.

Thoroughly enjoyed this game and already looking forward to getting back from my deployment to get involved again. 

Great effort from all at Frogpool today, great attitudes. 

21 minutes ago, Hurler said:

You've kind of got me there. What I meant was that as the penalty was scored, by law it should be retaken which would at the very least constitute another clear goal scoring opportunity. 

I appreciate that referees can make mistakes and also appreciate the work you do to improve the number of referees in Cornwall. Like I said I'm not trying to make a massive thing out of it or put down the referee. We were disappointed with the decision and sought clarification on here as to whether this disappointment was justified (which it was) but what's done is done and correct decision or incorrect decision, we lost and were awful today, I can accept that!

Go again next week mate ????

Dave - you are right on a lot of issues on the forum including this thread - however, on occasions where a ref ( no matter how inexperienced or how difficult the game)? has a bad day, as a player or manager, so many issues would be resolved by the ref saying, at the time, or after - 'guys I called it as I saw it, if I was wrong, sorry'. No-one is perfect (except Rappo), however it winds so may up when refs would appear to ignore the fact they may be wrong.

I am not a 'ref hater' and wish I had the personal commitment to ref, however I have also had to settle fines for players questioning decisions and yet seen the same refs ignore other blatant infringements of laws. A little humility goes a long long way - we all know the officials that respect players and they are the same ones where the players respect them.

I agree with you. But, other than myself, Mr Manning and Mr HairyDave, there aren't many other referees that regularly contribute to this forum from a refereeing perspective. Most of the time, these refs that get slated (I don't think the referee is getting a slated by Hurler btw - I just think he feels a bit let down by a decision or two) don't have the ability to defend themselves. Myself and HairyDave have answered his questions; if the penalty happened exactly as described, it should have been retaken for dual-encroachment. But it wasn't. If it should have been, Ludgvan can feel let down. The same with the last man stuff, if it was last man and outside the area, a red card could have been given. These are all scenarios in which we can't really have an opinion of unless we were there

What people don't see is the effect that this forum has on the referees at times. This evening on Facebook for example, I learnt that this referees flag was broken after this game by a home-team member. Some flags can cost up to £200 each!

Another example is how upset I was only last season when I had a game which ended up with six yellow cards and three reds, along with a misconduct report. I got absolutely slated on here with noone there to back me up. I defended my position (rightly or wrongly) on this forum. In Facebook however in a group with other referees, I was questioning my decisions. I was asking for advice and working to find out what happened and why things went so wrong wrong for me. The truth is, it wasn't my fault. But I was kicking myself because of what happened in that game. Behind the scenes in our group, we are always reliving out match incidents and getting as much advice and opinions as we can.

The point I'm trying to make is that I know how it feels to have people round on me on this forum. It can be unforgiving at times and it certainly asks alot of your character. There is very rarely a week that goes by where we don't get at least one referee on our Facebook page thinking about quitting because of what's happened at a game.

I will always hold my hands up if I've made a mistake, I will do that publically. The last time I did so on here was when I awarded a "pass-back" to Illogan 3rds against Frogpool last season. It was never a passback, but at the time, I was sold that it was. Only a few minutes later I remember calling in the home keeper where I said "look, I made a mistake. Give me a break". That's just us being human.

I'll always try and defend referees where I can because coming on here spouting off doesn't do us any favours. Behind the scenes, the refereeing world is an odd one and can often be quite political. Some people in certain positions do not agree with referees using social media, hence why you don't see many about on here. Unfortunately, I just can't help myself. Although that will change next season with a new role that I'm taking on. My posts on this forum will become limited to say the least.

Truthfully, I'm too opinionated and forthcoming with said opinions to climb high up the refereeing ladder; I imagine I upset some people on occasions (I know I do - it's never intentional. Unfortunately it's just the way I type). That's okay with me though because the only reason I got into refereeing was purely because of last season's shortage. I've completed this season as a referee and enjoyed most of it, but it's also been pretty rubbish at times. All I ever aim to do is help others. You don't go very far by doing that I'm afraid ?

I agree with everything you've said by the way. Respect is a two-way street. 

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Dave - you are right on a lot of issues on the forum including this thread - however, on occasions where a ref ( no matter how inexperienced or how difficult the game)? has a bad day, as a player or manager, so many issues would be resolved by the ref saying, at the time, or after - 'guys I called it as I saw it, if I was wrong, sorry'. No-one is perfect (except Rappo), however it winds so may up when refs would appear to ignore the fact they may be wrong.

I am not a 'ref hater' and wish I had the personal commitment to ref, however I have also had to settle fines for players questioning decisions and yet seen the same refs ignore other blatant infringements of laws. A little humility goes a long long way - we all know the officials that respect players and they are the same ones where the players respect them.

10 hours ago, B_D said:

If writing a report Scott, I'm guessing that you guys will be marking the referee under 60 out of 100. If that is the case, please remember to use the new form which is on the Trelawny Full Time site. Both Ray Brown (RDO) and the Registration Secretary (Steve Carpenter) are to receive a copy.

http://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayNews.do?noticePlacementID=346371577&noticeID=531726523&league=3983534

Yeah already completed and will be sent to correct people 

17 hours ago, ballsax said:

Pendeen 0-4 West Cornwall

Having been absolutely battered at our place by Pendeen a few weeks ago, we were in no mood to put that level of performance in again.

First half we played with a bit of a breeze at our backs, took a while to get settled. Pendeen had more of the ball, and had the first chance with a header at the back stick straight at the keeper who held on. We started to come into the game more, but nobody could have seen the opening goal coming. A pass in the middle of the field sat up a little, Owain Barrett ran onto it and unleashed an absolute worldy over the keeper from somewhere near 35-40 yards. Settled us down a bit and gave us a little more confidence and belief, we continued to press and forced a corner, which Graham Hill was first to at the front post, and managed to flick the ball goalwards, squeezing between the man on the line and the post, to make it 2-0. Pendeen had a chance right on half time from a corner of their own, which was cleared off the line, and that brought an end to the half.

2nd half started and the wind seemed to have picked up, and the rain started to fall, made it hard work to get out of our half, but easy to defend at times as anything long just sailed out of play. The plan was to soak up pressure and play on the counter. Worked a treat as I don't think we coughed up a real effort at goal. We managed to increase our lead when the returning Robertas was brought down wide of the area, Owain Barrett smashing in a vicious free kick that Ed Huckfield did his best to avoid, but hit him somewhere and deflected in. Then 2 minutes later a clever chipped pass from Toby Ellis was flicked on by Robertas into OB's path, who finished into the far corner. 

Real team effort today with a few players missing and a back line that played it's first game together, although you wouldn't have thought it as they were outstanding all day. Great battle, still say Pendeen are the most organised side we've played this year, just today was our day. 

All the best for the rest of the season.

Spot on that report - although I'd say we were 2nd to most things y'day - we manage to play better against the elements than with them in the 2nd half where I can't remember your keeper having much to do (although to be honest he didn't have much to do all game) ... I would say over 90 mins your game management was spot on and was a well deserved win... 

we'll regroup, take stock and hopefully move on after learning a lesson...

good luck to West Cornwall for the rest of your season

Div 1

Newlyn NA (0) 0 -v- 8 (4) Marazion

Newlyn scored the first goal, only to see it ruled out because someone touched the goalkeeper (actually, I've no idea why the foul was given). Anyway, couple more chances for Newlyn, not converted, then Marazion scored 4 quick-fire goals, a mixture of good finishing and suspect goalkeeping. Newlyn tried to rally and win the second half, and with 20 mins to go, it was still even. Then Marazion scored 4 quick-fire goals, a mixture of good finishing and suspect goalkeeping.

Get the picture?

Well done to Marazion, and good luck for the rest of the season.