Falmouth DC                      3 - 3        Camborne Town

Mabe Reserves               8 - 2        Railway Locomotiv

Probus Reserves              4 - 2        Newlyn Lions

St Erme                            11 - 1     Madron Reserves

Stithians Reserves           3 - 6        Newquay 4ths

Storm Reserves                1 - 1        Camborne Athletic

SUNDAY

Percy Stephens Cup

Trevenson United           0 - 1        Trispen                 (AET)

Arthur Pearce Cup

Wendron United 3rds    1 - 0        Marazion Blues Reserves

Div 4

Praze 1  Penwith Exiles 8  h/t 1-4

​Damn I missed a goal! The timings I got were:

Praze: 36m

Penwith: 21m, 22m, 34m, 46m, 49m, 89m, 90+2m

​Def 4-1 at half time Willow.Exiles scored their first in the first minute (before the crowd had settled into their seats!)

Thanks to Gary & Kevin on the line.

Edited by Soccer Follower

TMS 2-2 West Cornwall. 

Tom Goodman brace. Late goals apparently. Pretty pathetic of West Cornwall to not go back to Tms for a drink an the food they provided. 

Not sure how we drew this today, even though it took us an eternity to finally put the ball between those white things. Had enough chances to win 4 games, TMS had 2 shots, both free kicks, and the lad picked the top corner twice. Fair play, 2 quality strikes. Our own fault though, if we don't take our chances we don't win games. 

TMS did what they set out to do, doing their best to give Carharrack the advantage in the title race, as was aapparent after the game when the TMS boys were banging the walls and chanting "We love Carharrack, we do."

Bit strange, but each to their own. Sorry about the food, went to the social club like you said, but nobody was at Carharrack!

All the best!

TMS 2-2 West Cornwall. 

Tom Goodman brace. Late goals apparently. Pretty pathetic of West Cornwall to not go back to Tms for a drink an the food they provided. 

​didn't think tms did food afterwards...they didn't when we played them we were all up for a drink and bite at their place despite losing to them :)

Frogpool Reserves 1-0 St Ives Mariners

Hard earned victory for us against a strong St Ives side in a closely fought match.

decent match, both teams could have scored a few, goal came from Craig Rothwell with a powerful header after a top notch delivery from Marc Symons.

We have basically got 10th spot nailed down but will be looking to beat Ludgvan in our last game. 

Chasewater 3-4 Mousehole (ht 1-3)

Mousehole Scorer's: Jamie Simons 2, Tyler Lea & Richard Gilling

​I was there as a neutral after my primary target match at Fowey was called off yesterday,

An enjoyable 90 minutes, with the better team overall winning. Chacewater took an early lead after getting away in a 2-on-2 break and the scorer looping over the advanced and comparitively short Mousehole keeper. Mousehole came back into it and took the lead before the break with 3 goals, the second of which was the clearest cut penalty you'll ever see as the keeper came for a ball that he had no need to, and clattered the forward. Mousehole also had what looked like another good shout for a penalty turned away as the ref decided the defender got the ball.

After the break, Chacewater pulled one back with a good strike on 57', and Mullion scored a 4th on 80' which looked like sealing the three points, but as the rain intensified, the homesters pulled back to 3-4 and also had penalty claims (for handball tihs time) waved away, but were unable to grab an equaliser in a frantic last few minutes.

The Mullion captain was also rather fortunate in my eyes to just receive a warning for continued pushing, including with the elbow, and a sly kick at a Chacewater forward when defending a corner. Some refs would have been far less lenient.

​I was there as a neutral after my primary target match at Fowey was called off yesterday,

An enjoyable 90 minutes, with the better team overall winning. Chacewater took an early lead after getting away in a 2-on-2 break and the scorer looping over the advanced and comparitively short Mousehole keeper. Mousehole came back into it and took the lead before the break with 3 goals, the second of which was the clearest cut penalty you'll ever see as the keeper came for a ball that he had no need to, and clattered the forward. Mousehole also had what looked like another good shout for a penalty turned away as the ref decided the defender got the ball.

After the break, Chacewater pulled one back with a good strike on 57', and Mullion scored a 4th on 80' which looked like sealing the three points, but as the rain intensified, the homesters pulled back to 3-4 and also had penalty claims (for handball tihs time) waved away, but were unable to grab an equaliser in a frantic last few minutes.

The Mullion captain was also rather fortunate in my eyes to just receive a warning for continued pushing, including with the elbow, and a sly kick at a Chacewater forward when defending a corner. Some refs would have been far less lenient.

​Glad you enjoyed your afternoon's football at Chacewater Richard.

If i'd know that you were attending,i would have arranged for you to have a cup of tea.

​Glad you enjoyed your afternoon's football at Chacewater Richard.

If i'd know that you were attending,i would have arranged for you to have a cup of tea.

I no Mousehole didnt wear Green as normal but dont think we even look like MULLION haha.

As for the rather SHORT keeper...son on the ex great Mousehole Keeper ANDY ANGOVE...he never had a problem being not the tallest keeper...if any keeper in the lge had stoppped that strike for the 1st goal, i would be bl**dy shocked & im sure anyone watching agree!!

TMS 2-2 West Cornwall. 

​didn't think tms did food afterwards...they didn't when we played them we were all up for a drink and bite at their place despite losing to them :)

​Sorry Shak, we cant do food on evening game because we get our sausage and chips from the chippie. they are closed by the time  we finish a evening game.

Thanks for coming back.

TMS 2-2 West Cornwall. 

Not sure how we drew this today, even though it took us an eternity to finally put the ball between those white things. Had enough chances to win 4 games, TMS had 2 shots, both free kicks, and the lad picked the top corner twice. Fair play, 2 quality strikes. Our own fault though, if we don't take our chances we don't win games. 

TMS did what they set out to do, doing their best to give Carharrack the advantage in the title race, as was aapparent after the game when the TMS boys were banging the walls and chanting "We love Carharrack, we do."

Bit strange, but each to their own. Sorry about the food, went to the social club like you said, but nobody was at Carharrack!

All the best!

​we did our best to get a result for tmsafc today, we dont care what carharrack and west cornwall do, you have to earn the chance to win the league and to be honest you missed to many easy chances today. i thought we played to our strengths and gave you a game, although we did ride our luck.

maybe our celebrating was a little tongue in cheek after your group hug by the dugouts thinking you'd won the game.

also very sensible refereeing from Kevin Knowles.

best of luck in your remaining games, my first encounter with the west cornwall lads today and they seem like a decent bunch.

see you next season.

Damn, I only missed the first two minutes because of a stupid slow driver!

Willow tree you seem to be everywhere in every league!??? How!??

​Willow is an enthusiastic football lover and does get around to many games Steve.

​Or he has perfected the art of cloning

Probus 4-2 Newlyn Lions

A very entertaining game of football yesterday at Probus, saw 6 goals scored and numerous more chances missed. It was end to end at times with some quality football on show. Yet again we gave away some soft goals that should have been better dealt with, including a Jimmy Hicks special, og. We got ourselves back into the game from 2-0 down with a great solo goal from the ageless Sam Hicks, conceded again to make it 3-1 soon after, to finish the half 3-2 with Liam Waters scoring from the penalty spot.

We pushed forward to look for a leveler in the second half and created a number of great chances only to let in another goal to the keepers near post. I thought we deserved something from the game after playing a third Probus side this season. We more than matched the very talented young players on show and learned and adapted from our semi final loss to them.

Got to mention the lovely chilli in the club after the game, next season you might need to make an extra one for our centre back Laddy lol.

Best of luck with your remaining fixtures and i'm sure we'll continue our battle next season in division 4.

Mark

TMS 2-2 West Cornwall. 

All the best!

​we did our best to get a result for tmsafc today, we dont care what carharrack and west cornwall do, you have to earn the chance to win the league and to be honest you missed to many easy chances today. i thought we played to our strengths and gave you a game, although we did ride our luck.

maybe our celebrating was a little tongue in cheek after your group hug by the dugouts thinking you'd won the game.

also very sensible refereeing from Kevin Knowles.

best of luck in your remaining games, my first encounter with the west cornwall lads today and they seem like a decent bunch.

see you next season

Not gonna get into a slanging match, already enough crap on here! Totally agree we were our own worst enemies. We got punished for missing chances I would of backed myself taking! Agree, Kevin Knowles had a good game, no complaints from any of us there.

Couple of side points:

1. Possibly the best celebration I've ever witnessed after your equaliser. Your forward, probably a little too excited and unsure of what to do, ran between both dugouts, lied on his back, legs behind his ears, and started slapping his arse. No idea what that was, but brilliant nonetheless.

2. Unfortunately that was overshadowed by some young lad spoiling for a fight. I understand emotions were high, but this chap had NO involvement in the game, was sat in the home dugout, and while you guys were celebrating decided it was a good time to pick a fight on our lino, asking him to "Come at him" "Hit him" and calling him a "C U next tuesday." Fortunately, he started on one of the more placid members of our squad, as he would of had his pants pulled down had he said it to someone else! I know who the lad is, and he's definitely not a fighter! That left a bit of a sour taste, and was a big reason in not coming back afterwards. Can only apologise for that now, but as you can imagine, at the time it didn't feel right.

See you next season!

Trelawny League Division 4: Ludgvan Reserves 3-1 Gwinear Churchtown Reserves

Ludgvan ran out comfortable 3-1 winners over promotion rivals Gwinear at Fair Field.

After a fairly even opening, the home side began to take control of the game and scored three goals in quick succession.

Ben Mills opened the scoring after getting in behind the Gwinear defence and then turned provider for Dan Hopkins, who controlled the ball with an exquisite first touch before turning the last defender inside out and firing into the bottom corner.

Hopkins then got his second with another cool finish and but for a pair of close-range misses from Andy Weir, the Hurlers would have had an even healthier lead going into the break.

The visitors were much better after the break and the height of defender-turned-forward Jason Fenton gave them an outlet going forward.

They pulled a goal back through Connor Arthur, who calmly slotted home after going through one-on-one with goalkeeper James Merrikin, but Ludgvan ultimately saw out the game with little fuss to remain third in the league.

I should add that the game was well-refereed by Anita Gittins.

Also, I understand the later-than-usual kick-off time may have played a part in this, but it was rather poor that not one Gwinear player or official showed their face in the clubhouse after the game, particularly as there was food put on for you. We enjoyed the extras, however.

Hurler,

Firstly, on behalf of Gwinear I apologise for the no show after the game. As I'm sure you can appreciate, time played a massive part in that, by the end of the game, 1915 this breaks into valuable beer drinking and family time. I'm sure you can appreciate that though.

First half was difficult for us, the majority of the play from us was through the middle and in the air. The two strikers are small but quick, so the way we were playing just didn't suit. You were comfortable winners in the first half, the touch for the second would have been appreciated at Premier League level, a magnificent piece of control, that alone deserved the finish. 

Second half was better for us, the ball was still going long and high which suited the change of Bash Sheriff into CB, Dave Bartlam into CM and Jason Fenton up top to support young Connor Arthur. Fenton offers the height up there which enabled him to control the aerial balls well, something we didn't have in the first half. We hit the post twice and J narrowly missed a speculative effort. I think a draw would have been a fair result after that second half but, that said, you used the wide pitch to your advantage.

We had five of our regular starting 11 missing through injury and other commitments so it was a great chance for others to come in and do a job. As with our first team who got beat massively by a very good St Day side yesterday, with the Cricket season beginning and our season coming to an end, it's becoming a struggle to get the players together.

It's safe to say that we are pretty much out of the running for promotion now; so we now turn our attention to our current cup run, a semi final meeting with Chacewater Reserves on Thursday evening. 

All the best for your promotion bid

Edited by Dange'rous

Hurler,

Firstly, on behalf of Gwinear I apologise for the no show after the game. As I'm sure you can appreciate, time played a massive part in that, by the end of the game, 1915 this breaks into valuable beer drinking and family time. I'm sure you can appreciate that though.

First half was difficult for us, the majority of the play from us was through the middle and in the air. The two strikers are small but quick, so the way we were playing just didn't suit. You were comfortable winners in the first half, the touch for the second would have been appreciated at Premier League level, a magnificent piece of control, that alone deserved the finish. 

Second half was better for us, the ball was still going long and high which suited the change of Bash Sheriff into CB, Dave Bartlam into CM and Jason Fenton up top to support young Connor Arthur. Fenton offers the height up there which enabled him to control the aerial balls well, something we didn't have in the first half. We hit the post twice and J narrowly missed a speculative effort. I think a draw would have been a fair result after that second half but, that said, you used the wide pitch to your advantage.

We had five of our regular starting 11 missing through injury and other commitments so it was a great chance for others to come in and do a job. As with our first team who got beat massively by a very good St Day side yesterday, with the Cricket season beginning and our season coming to an end, it's becoming a struggle to get the players together.

It's safe to say that we are pretty much out of the running for promotion now; so we now turn our attention to our current cup run, a semi final meeting with Chacewater Reserves on Thursday evening. 

All the best for your promotion bid

​As I mentioned in my original post, I thought the later-than-usual kick-off time played a part in the lack of post-match turn out, so no worries there.

We were missing a number of players too - mainly due to the cricket - and had a bare eleven right up until kick-off.

Like you said, the change of tactics worked well for your side in the second half and made it a much more even encounter. 

Best of luck for your semi-final in the week.

Div 5 

Falmouth DC 3 - 3 Camborne 

dissapointing result from our end as we had the game under control and being 3-0 up makes it even worst . We should of had 3 points easy but came away with only point ! 

1-0 up at half time thanks to a Zach maunder goal rebounding on to a shot saved and smashing it in to the bottom corner. Could of easy been 3 or 4 up at half time if we were a bit better on the ball and taking our chances. 

Second Half Camborne came out and Tried to play better football but we Fal dc got the ball down and continued with the football we played in the first half and got a second goal coming from Andreas and 10 ten minutes later the 3rd came George Leakey getting on the end of a ball over the top and just getting to it before keeper to put in to a free net ! 

3-0 up we thought we had the game won and the tempo wasn't as high as it has been in the game from our side and Camborne starts to get in to the game playing nice football with there first goal coming from a goal mouth scrap with a shot coming in which was saved on the goal line but the ref gave and said it crossed the line . It was debatable after that Camborne picked the tempo up and started playing football for the first team in the match and got a second goal with about 20 mins to play I would say but poor defending from Falmouth DC let Camborne back in to the Game . Then the 3rd came for Camborne pulling the game back to 3-3 with a conner coming in and a powerful header ending up in the back of the net . Chances for both sides to win the game with DC hitting the post with mins to go but it ended 3-3 . 

Disappointed result but we will move on to our final few league games  and look to finish as high as we can.