Cornwall Football Forum

Banbury v Truro City

Well done truro in gaining promotion to the southern league a real credit to cornwall ,looking forward to monday when they play weymouth and get presented with the cup and trophies .Better go get a film for my camera dont like digital cameras you dont get negatives .Hope county hall is open so i can park there .

Fantastic season for Truro, well done. I guess the naysayers have been but firmly in there place.

No we haven't.

With money you can win almost anything.

Withth the setup Salisbury have (Conference last season) many thought they were dead Certs for the title

so credit to Truro for showing how to grind out a championship win rather Ghana walking it like previous years!,,

Paul, why so bitter mate ? Thats been the case in this county for the last 25 years, its just that all those clubs, that over those years have paid out thousands of pounds to prima donnas, your club & my club included, just wanted to be be ' big fish in little ponds '. Truro want to be better than that, good luck to them !!! :clapper:

Fantastic season for Truro, well done. I guess the naysayers have been but firmly in there place.

No we haven't.

I think it's a great achievement regardless of the money. Yes, they wouldn’t have achieved it without the money, but they still had to go and deliver the results. I am delighted for Webby and everyone at Truro.

Why don’t we use this thread to praise what Truro have achieved and not turn it into one of Truro slating?

How many people would have backed Truro to go up automatically about 6 weeks ago? By the way what a signing Barry Hayles has been!

No we haven't.

Man City might not agree with you there.To be honest though,I didn't expect anything else from you.Would it hurt that much just to say well done to the team for what they have achieved ? Just for the record,apart from gaining promotion to the conference south league,they have created a new national record of being the first team to gain promotion 5 times in 6 years.

Well done Truro City football club.

Paul, why so bitter mate ? Thats been the case in this county for the last 25 years, its just that all those clubs, that over those years have paid out thousands of pounds to prima donnas, your club & my club included, just wanted to be be ' big fish in little ponds '. Truro want to be better than that, good luck to them !!! :clapper:

Not bitter, just thinking of the poor "one man band firms" that did work for Truro City and were told to send the bills to a company that "went bust" having had all the work done at Treyew Road. I believe in honesty and integrity.

Great for the supporters, but there again most of them are fair weather ones.

Well unlike some, I think this is the time for praising the achievements of Truro City Football Club. Not just for today's promotion, but the fifth in six seasons!

Actually it has taken more than just money, and as someone above said, money doesn't automatically buy success and trophies anyway.

Well done City, thanks to all the players for winning the Southern League Premier Division, and after allowing the celebrations to settle in, then let's look forward to Conference football.

Who would have thought ten years ago we would be talking about a club in Cornwall playing Conference football!

Not bitter, just thinking of the poor "one man band firms" that did work for Truro City and were told to send the bills to a company that "went bust" having had all the work done at Treyew Road. I believe in honesty and integrity.

Dont give me that crap teddyboy.I have been visiting this forum long enough to know you were pulling Truro City to bits long before one of the Chairmans companies went bancrupt.End of story,you are not worth answering.

You really are a barrel of joy aren't you, dear lord lighten up.

Who would have thought ten years ago we would be talking about a club in Cornwall playing Conference football!

Absolutely spot on, we now in Cornwall have a team playing in the 6th league of the football league pyramid. It's only taken over 100 years. OF course someone had to put the money in to get Truro there and thank the lord for that.

We have one rugby team in the 2nd league of the rugby pyramid, two in the 3rd league albeit one getting relegated but for only one football team in Cornwall to try and move up the pyramid is a bit shameful really. Why aren't the likes of St. Blazey, Falmouth, Bodmin etc a bit more ambitious and maybe try to a least get to the Southern league at some point.

Well done to Truro City,

but I have to Answer SLUMMER

If Teams like Falmouth Bodmin & St Blazey were lucky enough to have someone like Mr Heaney who could put money into the club, they would of course be able to try & do as Truro have done,

yes money does not guarantee success, but it does make a big difference if you have plenty to turn to,

City have now only one Cornish record to break which is to reach the first round Proper of the FA Cup,

only one team in Cornwall has done that so far, FALMOUTH,

& they did not have a rich person to back them,

I will always be a Falmouth Town Supporter, but I have a lot of Friends who support Truro City, & I am pleased for them I believe it is a great achievement, for Cornish Football.

Hammers :c::clapper: :c:

Massive achievment for truro and long may it continue, we should all get behind them, what they are doing for cornish football is to be commended, now the council need to get their arse in gear to help sort out a ground, so they can make that final push in to league football.

Give kevin heaney credit, he wanted to bring league football to cornwall and he's 2 promotions away

:thumbsup::smiley20::clapper: :c:

For those who have been with Truro City all there lives through the lows and highs it was a great achievement to gain promotion this season, Dave was right its not just about money its about the squad the smallest in this league that has been built on, a lot of credit must go to Lee Hodges & Dave Newton they have great unity off the pitch and great professionalism on it.

The master stroke this year was getting Barry Hayles the guy just loves playing the game, and the player of the year surely young Pugh he has developed so much as a footballer this season with the experience of Steve Adams beside him in City's defence, the fans have been superb too especially over the the few months of the season being the twelve man on the pitch at times.

Indeed a record promotion with yesterdays victory we now must hope that the Council get there act together and get a proper Stadium sorted out with the National Success of The Cornish Pirates and now with City playing in the Conference South surely the case has never been stronger.

Massive well done to everyone at City! Especially all those people such as Webby and Robin who have tasted the good times and the bad. Great to see a club from the county reaching such a standard, hope we can all get behind them so they can push on even further in the future. Enjoy lifting that trophy tomorrow Jake!!! :clapper::c: :smiley20:

For those who have been with Truro City all there lives through the lows and highs it was a great achievement to gain promotion this season, Dave was right its not just about money its about the squad the smallest in this league that has been built on, a lot of credit must go to Lee Hodges & Dave Newton they have great unity off the pitch and great professionalism on it.

The master stroke this year was getting Barry Hayles the guy just loves playing the game, and the player of the year surely young Pugh he has developed so much as a footballer this season with the experience of Steve Adams beside him in City's defence, the fans have been superb too especially over the the few months of the season being the twelve man on the pitch at times.

Indeed a record promotion with yesterdays victory we now must hope that the Council get there act together and get a proper Stadium sorted out with the National Success of The Cornish Pirates and now with City playing in the Conference South surely the case has never been stronger.

Well said Robin

It is a great achievement, and as the Pirates have found to their cost they are in the play off semis, but can't go up due to the ground.

As for 'one man band firms' what happened at Truro is nothing compared to what is going on at Argyle!

No wages for 4 months, and the players forgoe their wages to pay the backroom staff - you gonna slate them as well?

We'll do it next season in the Conference Prem! :)

I'd just like to pass on my congratulations to all those involved, a few names have been mentioned above but special mention has to go to Lee Hodges and Dave Newton for taking pretty much the same side as last season and turning them into Southern League Champions (emulating Plymouth Argyle I believe). Also one name that hasn't been mentioned above is Club Secretary Ian Rennie who has done a magnificent job in helping Kevin Heaney, those two are the guys who have really made it happen off the pitch this season at Truro City. I hope everyone enjoys themselves this afternoon, I know our club isn't perfect (name one that is) but this is an acheivement that Cornish football should be proud of, I was at Banbury on Saturday and it was fantastic to see the deep bond between the fans and the players at the end and the way they celebrated together. As for Barry Hayles what an inspired signing by Lee Hodges! it's good to hear he'll be with us in the Conference South too.

All the best from someone who quietly watches from the sidelines but has enjoyed the rollercoaster ride that is Truro City this season.