St Just Reserves P-P Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

DIVISION 4

Goonhavern Athletic 3rds P-P Constantine Reserves

Madron P-P Troon AFC Reserves

Stithians Reserves 0-5 Penzance Reserves

Wendron United 4ths 1-4 Praze-an-Beeble

PERCY STEPHENS CUP

Perranporth Reserves 3-1 Penwith Exiles

Perranwell Reserves 0-2 Four Lanes (aet)

ARTHUR PEARCE CUP

Probus Reserves 1-1 Mousehole 3rds

LOCKHART CUP

Illogan RBL 3rds P-P Probus

3 hours ago, B_D said:

League also not informed of the switch of venue...

As the game wasn't played, there was no switch of venues. No ref, no game!! 

Although i do believe we told Troon we would be happy for one of them (or us) to ref the game but sadly they declined.

Sorry but don't think you can fine us this week but i'm sure you'll try anyway. 

Trelawny 4

Stithians Reserves 0-5 Penzance Reserves

Without being disrespectful to our hosts, but at the end this game was all one way. The first 15 mins the game was tight with each side crowding  out the other, but after that opened out. A game played in good spirit. In fact it took 14mins before the first free kick was conceded. It also took Stithians 23mins to step into the Pz area. As the game wore on and ground conditions degraded the lighter (in weight) Penzance lads started to play and were given more space, as they coped better in the boggy conditions, and scored after 32mins. They scored their second with the last kick of the half.

The second half was dominated by the vistors with Stithians only having two goal-bound shots whilst Pz scored another three (58, 75, 88th mins), hit the upright twice and lacked a bit of finishing skill. 

1 minute ago, Simon2389 said:

Considering that so many games were cancelled because of the weather is there any reason one didn't get assigned to the pz vs stithians game? Doesn't matter now as our manager reffed but that meant we lost him on the sideline 

There were 10 games this morning without a referee. So considering the time games were called off and the distance of those particular referees from your ground, must have been taken into consideration when not appointing to your game.

9 hours ago, addick1 said:

As the game wasn't played, there was no switch of venues. No ref, no game!! 

Although i do believe we told Troon we would be happy for one of them (or us) to ref the game but sadly they declined.

Sorry but don't think you can fine us this week but i'm sure you'll try anyway. 

There was indeed a switch of venues, it was all over the Trelawny Facebook page... When a venue is switched, regardless of whether you have a referee or not... that is a change of venue! A change of location... A different pitch!! 

You make comments such as "Sorry but don't think you can fine us this week but I'm sure you'll try anyway." which makes me think you are looking for people to take your side and that you feel hard done by; poor Madron! Start doing things right and in accordance with League rules like every other club and you will not feel the need to make comments like this. 

Fraudulent Signatures, late team sheets, failure to raise a side, failure to play a scheduled game, failure to confirm with the referee and opposition, unregistered players, ineligible players... The list goes on... Is that our fault or is that the clubs own doing? Think about it! Madron are treated the same as any other Club in this League - the only difference between Madron and the rest of the Clubs is that the rest all comply with the rules which are laid down in black and white and available for everyone to see. 

There comes a point when even the most patient man is pushed to the point where he has absolutely no sympathy remaining! I've reached that point with you lot!

8 hours ago, Simon2389 said:

Considering that so many games were cancelled because of the weather is there any reason one didn't get assigned to the pz vs stithians game? Doesn't matter now as our manager reffed but that meant we lost him on the sideline 

Well done to your manager and both teams for making that decision. The referee shortage is high on Cornwall FA's priority list - the only problem is that no-one is willing to take the course

To me, it sounds like you have a personnel vendetta against Madron? And I think a social website isn't the place to air your dirty laundry naming the issues they've had this season! Your supposed to be unbiased, it certainly doesn't come across that way you'd thought you had learnt your lesson after the last error cost you a slap on the wrists! :SM_carton:

4 hours ago, B_D said:

There was indeed a switch of venues, it was all over the Trelawny Facebook page... When a venue is switched, regardless of whether you have a referee or not... that is a change of venue! A change of location... A different pitch!! 

You make comments such as "Sorry but don't think you can fine us this week but I'm sure you'll try anyway." which makes me think you are looking for people to take your side and that you feel hard done by; poor Madron! Start doing things right and in accordance with League rules like every other club and you will not feel the need to make comments like this. 

Fraudulent Signatures, late team sheets, failure to raise a side, failure to play a scheduled game, failure to confirm with the referee and opposition, unregistered players, ineligible players... The list goes on... Is that our fault or is that the clubs own doing? Think about it! Madron are treated the same as any other Club in this League - the only difference between Madron and the rest of the Clubs is that the rest all comply with the rules which are laid down in black and white and available for everyone to see. 

There comes a point when even the most patient man is pushed to the point where he has absolutely no sympathy remaining! I've reached that point with you lot!

Well done to your manager and both teams for making that decision. The referee shortage is high on Cornwall FA's priority list - the only problem is that no-one is willing to take the course

26 minutes ago, Sijames said:

To me, it sounds like you have a personnel vendetta against Madron? And I think a social website isn't the place to air your dirty laundry naming the issues they've had this season! Your supposed to be unbiased, it certainly doesn't come across that way you'd thought you had learnt your lesson after the last error cost you a slap on the wrists! :SM_carton:

There’s a shock being unprofessional again. Think he runs Cornish football I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again there are many people who do just as much and don’t post about it everywhere to make themselves look the dogs bollocks  .

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

Perhaps not  , but posting is probably because of the frustration with Madron , BD is not the only one fed up with Madron another league official and a couple of refs  are as well  having spoke to them over the last couple of weeks , I have no issues with Madron as they are one of the few old West Penwith teams left  (league )  and had many a battle with them in the past on the pitch then back to the king William for food .  Hope they can get back on track . As with most problems if there are any, talking to the league ( officials)  would probably solve  admin errors  . Nobody wants to see another team fold especially a long established one , good luck to Madron  for the future  , but please resolve your differences and get back to playing football , nobody likes rules / laws but they are In place to protect players and clubs .

On 09/12/2017 at 18:57, cornishteddyboy said:

Trelawny 4

Without being disrespectful to our hosts, but at the end this game was all one way. The first 15 mins the game was tight with each side crowding  out the other, but after that opened out. A game played in good spirit. In fact it took 14mins before the first free kick was conceded. It also took Stithians 23mins to step into the Pz area. As the game wore on and ground conditions degraded the lighter (in weight) Penzance lads started to play and were given more space, as they coped better in the boggy conditions, and scored after 32mins. They scored their second with the last kick of the half.

The second half was dominated by the vistors with Stithians only having two goal-bound shots whilst Pz scored another three (58, 75, 88th mins), hit the upright twice and lacked a bit of finishing skill. 

I was at the game as a spectator, I usually follow Wendron but wanted a change of scenery. 

Its true that Penzance dominated the game but in all honesty watching from the sidelines lots of decisions were given against the host side and very little to them.   It was as if the ref was on the side of Penzance.  At one point a precarious two footed challenged went in and clearly injured their player inside the box. He was seen limping away afterwards.  From games I have watched before this would be an immediate red card card and a penalty but oddly the ref motioned for play to resume. 

Stithians lacked strength up front and although defensively they were ok there were a few silly avoidable goals that could have changed the outcome. At best Stithians should have come away with a draw.  I later found out they Player an outfielder in goal and had a few of their stronger players out.

Well done Penzance 

9 hours ago, stevieb said:

Perhaps not  , but posting is probably because of the frustration with Madron , BD is not the only one fed up with Madron another league official and a couple of refs  are as well  having spoke to them over the last couple of weeks , I have no issues with Madron as they are one of the few old West Penwith teams left  (league )  and had many a battle with them in the past on the pitch then back to the king William for food .  Hope they can get back on track . As with most problems if there are any, talking to the league ( officials)  would probably solve  admin errors  . Nobody wants to see another team fold especially a long established one , good luck to Madron  for the future  , but please resolve your differences and get back to playing football , nobody likes rules / laws but they are In place to protect players and clubs .

You've hit the nail on the head. It has become incredibly frustrating. I certainly do not have a personal vendetta against Madron as has been quoted (I couldn't see the original post as I blocked him a while back - along with a few others); a rather ridiculous and libelous statement might I add.

It has simply got to the point where I am fed up (as are most people) with dealing with the administration nightmare which comes with the club. I would like to think that the Manager (Jamie - who I believe has now stood down?) would even say that I have tried to help him as best as I can; hopefully that also became clear to Bundi ( @Portreathlegend) in his short time at the club. To suggest otherwise is complete nonsense. I will bend over backwards to help any club or individual - but there comes a point where even I run out of patience.

Madron will sort themselves out over the coming weeks, with a few new faces around the club, this will help bring the club into the modern world and take advantage of technology in regards to communication  over phone and email. 

I think Jamie is doing the best he can with the limited resources he has if I am being completely honest, but like I said with a few new faces around and some help it will turn around. 

Is it any wonder that teams aren't putting results on this site much of late? Everyone just slags everyone off! Can't admin just move all of the crap to a different thread each time, so RESULTS can be in the results section every week. Same goes for all the league's really.

Thanks

Burt

16 hours ago, Dog Walker said:

I was at the game as a spectator, I usually follow Wendron but wanted a change of scenery. 

Its true that Penzance dominated the game but in all honesty watching from the sidelines lots of decisions were given against the host side and very little to them.   It was as if the ref was on the side of Penzance.  At one point a precarious two footed challenged went in and clearly injured their player inside the box. He was seen limping away afterwards.  From games I have watched before this would be an immediate red card card and a penalty but oddly the ref motioned for play to resume. 

Stithians lacked strength up front and although defensively they were ok there were a few silly avoidable goals that could have changed the outcome. At best Stithians should have come away with a draw.  I later found out they Player an outfielder in goal and had a few of their stronger players out.

Well done Penzance 

They would never have come away with a draw. They had 1 shot on target. With regards to the tackle it was a perfectly clean tackle where the ball was won fairly but via a firm tackle. 

And of the day it was lucky there was a game to play. Had the manager not offered it would've been another game cancelled. One of our young strikers should've had at least 5 himself. 

Well done to stithians and we'll see you at our place next year 

2 hours ago, burt said:

Is it any wonder that teams aren't putting results on this site much of late? Everyone just slags everyone off! Can't admin just move all of the crap to a different thread each time, so RESULTS can be in the results section every week. Same goes for all the league's really.

Thanks

Burt

Isn't it just better if no one posts "crap" in the first place? The Forum's content is decided by you guys, the admin should't really have to decide what needs to be moved etc.

Perhaps it's time to do away with the anonymity and people registering under false email addresses!

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Isn't it just better if no one posts "crap" in the first place? The Forum's content is decided by you guys, the admin should't really have to decide what needs to be moved etc.

Perhaps it's time to do away with the anonymity and people registering under false email addresses!

It's too easy to hide behind an alias and spout off.

Please feel free to change my display name to David Bartlam :) 

Back to the thread- 

Trelawney div 2

Gwinear churchtown 3 Mullion 2

A few new faces added to the ranks at Gwinear aided us get a much needed victory (the start of many we hope)  

Cameron Irish x 3 goals

MOTM - tough choice between 3/4 players but just edging it was Dan Pope.

Storm up next

5 hours ago, B_D said:

It's too easy to hide behind an alias and spout off.

Please feel free to change my display name to David Bartlam :) 

Same here ...I'm Donald Duck and everyone should just get on with it ...unbelievable it's football, shit happens - just watch the games.

It's not just on here, it's all over football, gob, gob, gob, everybody is at it in this world today.

Better late than never and for those than couldn't get there

Saturday 9th December 2017

Trelawny Div 4

Att – 11

Another Saturday, another day of cold wintery showers during the match. Penzance Reserves travelled to The Showground trying to keep their record of never losing to Stithians Reserves. After being soundly beaten by the Stithians first team the previous week, this game could have been a bit of a banana skin. As it happened the hosts had a couple of regulars out including their regular keeper.

Penzance kick off facing right to left (if you know the pitch and parking arrangements) with the wind not really helping either side.

The opening exchanges are fairly even with both sides playing a crowded close passing game of a few yards. Anything forward is closed down immediately. Both sides are very “Gentlemanly” and it is not until the 14th minute when the first free kick is conceded. Both side's defences are coping well but watching the game, you can see the Penzance back line have the edge and it isn't until the 23rd minute that Stithians step inside the Penzance penalty area. At the other end a couple of off target shots is all Penzance offer.

By now the game has opened up with some long range balls up and down the pitch. Penzance win a corner on their right. Over it comes, header cleared off the line.

From the way the game was shaping you had the feeling that Penzance were going to score and they duly do in the 32nd minute. A long ball down the left to Luke Carroll who rounds the keeper to nearly the goal line before flicking the ball cross goal into the bottom of the net. Good goal as it was such an acute angle.

Stithians then have a couple of corners and nearly score but the shot is blocked and cleared.

On 45+2mins, Penzance double their lead. A Corner is knocked over to the back of the box, a shot comes in, is cleared out and Carroll re-acts first to thump it in from the penalty spot.

H-T

The second half, without sounding mean to the hosts is almost all one way, The Magpies score three but to be truthful could have had a hatful if it wasn't for the upright and wayward shooting.

Almost from the restart they could have had a third when they are one on one with the keeper but a snatched shot is blocked by his legs.

A forward ball sees our striker run about 30yds beating a couple of tackles. He is one on one, he flicks the ball past the keeper but it hits the bottom of the upright and bounces straight into the relieved keepers arms.

At the other end all Simon Mortimer is now having to do is collect back passes and kick them long. It is from one of these long balls, in the 58th minute, that sees Penzance flick it down the left channel for new signing Macaulay Fellows to run to the edge of the box and fire past the stranded keeper, 3-0.

Another long ball down the left forces the Stithians keeper to come and close it down. The ball is knocked low past him and is goal-bound but after a 20yd dash a Stithians defender back slides and manages to hook the ball off the line whilst crashing into the post.

15mins left and the visitors get their 4th. A good goal as it was so clinical. A ball down the right channel is crossed to the centre for Fellows to have a simple tap in from 6yds.

Now every Penzance player wants to score and almost every player is in the Stithian's half.

Penzance work the ball up and down the left hand side of the pitch a couple of times looking for an opening. One is there, the ball is knocked over, a shot goes in but bounces off the bottom of the post and away.

88mins on the clock and Carroll gets his hat-trick. Ball down the left side line, squared, Carroll 30yds out, doesn't even break his stride, bang, ball sails into the net, keeper can only watch it go past him. Good goal.

F-T