Four Lanes Reserves      P-P     Camborne Athletic

Hayle 3rds        P-P    Trevenson United Reserves

New Inn Titans  18-1   Storm Reserves

Stithians Reserves    P-P    Threemilestone Reserves

Wendron United 4ths    4-1     Madron                              

PERCY STEPHENS CUP

Redruth United Reserves      1-3   St Erme

Edited by Dave Deacon

Seen a great deal of statuses on Facebook this evening from clubs looking for a ref... On my counting on Tuesday, we were 29 short across duchy and trelawny. That's a massive shortage!

Teams out there - don't put your games off when the weather has somewhat settled. Someone take charge, grow some round dangly ones and get yourself in the middle and officiate the game. Too many games are cancelled due to no referees. After my last few games and the constant moaning I've faced, it's no surprise! 

For anyone that does need a referee, I'm playing tomorrow... But if anyone is desperate for a ref and really wants a game of football... I'm available for an 11am kick off if needed

Why not try:-

splitting the games on Saturdays to 1100ko and 1400? Or even earlier? Some officials I have recently spoken with wouldn't be afraid to do a couple of games on the same day? 

Or have a mutual agreement between teams that don't have an official to play it on Sunday?

the main issue I have noticed already down here is too many teams! Ridiculous amount actually considering the lack of officials, and so many in such close proximity to each other! Why on earth it is aloud is beyond me! No wonder clubs are folding, it seems to be far too easy for players to set up clubs after falling out with their old team so mates can play together, bloody grown men acting like schoolboys! 

I've offered two teams on Facebook my services for an 11am kick off... Both declined. Too many of their players are busy in the morning.

I suppose it all depends on how much the teams want to play. We have already got a backlog towards the end of the season owing to the weather; postponing a game due to no referee when the weather and pitches are fine, in my opinion, is ridiculous. 

The rules seriously need to change for next season! Make it the home teams responsibility to provide cover or agree to an opponent if the home team cannot and also pay for the privilege! Cornwall football and football in general will suffer if this problem is not dealt with as soon as possible! 

Threemilestone 0, Lizard Argyle 2.

Good game, well reffed, good performance from us, thought we had a chance of a point but with 10 to go player manager Craig Pollard scores to seal the victory.

Thanks to the Lizard boys for coming back to the social club, something alot of teams seem to forget to do!!!

Watched this game and thought you did well Dan, and well done for stepping into the breach!   Got a bit feisty at times, especially when Praze came back to 3-2, but Dan calmed it all down.

Closed finish to the game with a late Praze equaliser disallowed for offside but the ref stuck with his linesman

Titans 18 (4) Storm Reserves 1 (1)

Three early goals for the Titans pretty much finished Storm. Plenty of chances made but we started trying to pass the ball into the net instead of focusing in actually getting it In there. 

A foul conceded at the 25yard point for Storm didn't phase Ricky Moon, who smashed the resulting free kick past Peter Willis to finish our league clean sheet! First goal to go past us in the league so far, and what a corker.

At half time the gaffer told us to just wise up a little and play the ball but shoot when the time was right without trying to pass the thing Into the net. And we did just that!!

Second half was all about Titans; very rarely did Storm get anywhere near our box. It was all one way traffic. Some fantastic goals were scored in the process with the pick of the bunch being Shaun Issacs'; He's been out since the start of the season with a "Clicky knee", he comes off the bench with 20 left... His first touch bringing the ball down on the halfway line from the keepers goal kick, his second was launching it up and over the stricken goalie.

A goal every three minutes conceded by Storm, but it's important to state that the visiting keeper made some decent saves to keep the score line lower than it could have been.

It is never easy scoring that many goals against such an opposition, especially a team as local as Storm where we all have friends playing, quite a few of them being on the field today!

Well reffed by Will Trethewey as well. Thankful to have had one today!

All the best to Storm for the rest of the season. Will see you guys on the return fixture.

Titans Goalscorers:

Connor Arthur 4

Nick Troon 3

Dave Bartlam 2 (tried claiming an og aswell)

Adam Solomon 2

Shaun Isaacs 2

Ben Hocking 2

Hal Davis

Martin Screen

OG

Storm Goalscorer

Ricky Moon

Titans MOTM was split between Dave Bartlam and Andrew "Mushy" Symons

Falmouth DC 3-2 Praze Reserves

i went and did them a favour and refereed this one. I actually quite enjoyed it but they didn't make it easy for me considering it was my first match in charge of a game! It was fun though and well contested.

Good effort Dan. As for the people that made it hard for you, they've clearly never picked up a whistle before and had a go themselves. It's not an easy task. Get yourself on the next course mate :)

Edited by Dange'rous

St Buryan 1-2 West Cornwall

To be fair, we dominated large periods of the game today. First half we started well, and should have took the lead within the first couple of minutes. It wasn't to be, and despite having the majority of possession, we tried to force it too quickly in the final third so were a little wasteful when we got into good positions. When we got a good shot away we missed the target or found the post in the way. Second half was much of the same, came out all guns blazing, and again first 5 minutes could and should have scored. When we headed a ball goalwards that had the keeper beat, only to hit a defender that wasn't looking on the back of the head and go out for a corner, you start thinking it's not your day! We did take the lead eventually through Robbie Condie, who showed good feet and composure to beat a man and fire past the keeper from close range. St Buryan started to get a foothold in the game after that, without really threatening, but then a deep cross from the right found its way to Robertas who volleyed superbly into the far corner. 5-10 minutes left and you think it's over, however a bit of pinball in the middle ended up with the ball on the edge of our area and a St Buryan player hit an absolute piledriver into the top corner. First attempt of the game, but a strike well worth the wait. Despite the nervy scoreline, we saw the game out. 

Well reffed by Anita, I know we haven't always seen eye to eye in the past, but have to give credit where it's due and I thought she had a good game today, few hard tackles but nothing over the top, and she dealt with it well. All the best to St Buryan for the season.

Culdrose 0-1 Holman SC 

our reserves were were made to travel (mainly by me and ray due to financial considerations!!!!!) with only 10 players and an injury to Phil white after 10min meant a game played with only 9 but against all the odds resulted in 3 points very unexpectedly.....much kudos to mark and  gingani for their motivation in what I'm sure was a calm and non windy day at HMS Seahawk

Edited by Pitty

Div 2

Helston 3rds  4 v  Illogan 3rds 0

Played in  a gale force wind which made it difficult for both sides. Helston took the lead after 25 minutes when Dan Lemon scored with a fine finish from a tight angle. Second half Helston upped the tempo and played some good football considering the conditions. Second half strikes with two from the superb Gemell Mills and a fine finish from Chris Matthews claimed the points. Illogan kept going and two superb saves from stand in keeper Bobby Huse kept t Helstons clean sheet in tact

Edited by dobbie

We're hoping for a clean sheet next week and a 10-0 win, 18 is just a little too much ;) 

Its not fun :/

No win situation Dave! If you get to 7 or 8 and start knocking the ball around with no real intent of scoring, you're accused of taking the. If you score 18, it's a joke. Not sure what you're meant to do myself!! 

Exiles 7 st just 0 exiles dominated from start to finish with the st just keeper man of the match saving shot after shot to keep the score down an the exiles keeper not having a shot to save all game our goals from Adam Hopkins 2 dan Hopkins 2 danny earl 1 tj price 1 an stepthan mcknight 1 and the Reff today was top knotch controlled the game really well..

We're hoping for a clean sheet next week and a 10-0 win, 18 is just a little too much ;) 

No win situation Dave! If you get to 7 or 8 and start knocking the ball around with no real intent of scoring, you're accused of taking the. If you score 18, it's a joke. Not sure what you're meant to do myself!! 

Another 2 seasons before you lot start getting a decent game. We will be on the end of a couple of your thrashings a next year!! We will try to make it as enjoyable for you as we can.

Another 2 seasons before you lot start getting a decent game. We will be on the end of a couple of your thrashings a next year!! We will try to make it as enjoyable for you as we can.

You might have thought that the league would have a handicap system for teams like the Titans, or something to weed them out from an inappropriate division (a sort of NIT comb). Maybe another eleven balls on the pitch...... only chained to the Titans ankles, a kind of Trelawny tag! Just an idea!

Trust me, if we could be in a higher division this season, we would gladly grab that opportunity.

Our best game of the season was by far, and I expect at the end of the season, will still be the early game against Penwith Exiles in the Junior Cup, beating them 2-1 at home. I'm sure I speak for everyone at Titans when I say that. I hate going out and beating teams like this week in week out, it's not enjoyable. For anyone that's thrashed a team like this before, I'm hoping you will know what I mean.

Unfortuately, you have to start somewhere! I personally feel for the teams like Storm, Trevenson. Camborne Athletic etc who have been in division 5 for a long time, but can't get out of it because of the new teams joining every season. I genuinely can't wait to get promoted and out of division 5, although I'm sure there'll be more teams enter next year. 

We've got a superb team, most of which have followed us from Gwinear. The thing you will see though is that our club will still be around in 10-15 years :)

Edited by Dange'rous

Div 3
West Cornwall Reserves 2 - 1 Four Lanes (HT 0-0)

A good win for us on Saturday against a Four Lanes side who up until the last few weeks had been top of the league.

After winning the coin toss we decided to go against the wind in the first half, with the plan being to soak up the pressure and try to create on the counter attack. We did this really well and limited Four Lanes to only a couple of chances. One after a back pass to our keeper was intercepted by the Four Lanes striker only to be denied in the one on one by a good save and the other being a corner that caught the wind and looked to be looping into the top corner were it not for some top defending on the line by Owain Barrett who managed to head the ball onto the crossbar and away. We created a couple of good chances of our own with the Four Lanes keeper (who was brilliant on the day) making a quick double save, firstly from Ashley Kemp and then Owain Barrett, with the latter attempt being tipped onto the bar.

0-0 at half time and I'm sure we would have been the happier side with that scoreline at that point.

After defending so well in the first half it was really frustrating to cause ourselves problems and concede a sloppy goal early into the second half, giving the ball away on the edge of our own area which Four Lanes took full advantage of with a good ball across goal well finished.

We got ourselves back in the game relatively quickly, with Monty Cloutman again on the score sheet as he tucked away from close range after some good play down our left side.

With ten minutes to go we decided to throw everything at the win and went to 3 at the back to try and get more bodies forward, the game looked like it would be ending in a draw before a late free kick was well put away by Owain Barrett who was brilliant on the day.

All in all a good win, Four Lanes will feel they did enough to deserve a point but at the end of the day we'll take any sort of win in those conditions. Helps to keep us near the top of the chasing pack behind Mabe and Exiles who both remain unbeaten so far this season.

Division 5:

Wendron United 4ths 4 (3), Madron 1 (0)

Wendron 4th's finally earned their first win of the season after a string of spirited defeats to sides towards the top of the table. After winning the toss, we played with the wind at our backs and this turned out to be a key factor in the first half. Madron struggled to defend against a strong diagonal wind which forced the majority of the play into one corner of the field. Wendron kept the pressure high and it told when a Ryan Mitchell corner whipped straight into the goal at the near post. Luke Rawley and Kieran Messer both notched goals before half time after well-timed runs, to give Wendron a cushion going into the more difficult second half.

The hosts set up to be compact and well-organised against the headwind, but almost conceded right from the kick-off, when a Madron shot in the penalty area struck the post and rolled across the line before being cleared. The second half settled into a more even affair, with Madron enjoying spells of possession, but not able to unlock the home defence as their final ball tended to be over hit. The visitors did get a goal back after a corner kick was only cleared to the edge of the box, where the ball was struck home through a sea of bodies.

Madron continued to press for another goal that would have set up a nervy climax- even allowing their goalkeeper up past halfway at points, but besides one or two half-chances outside the box, rarely threatened Tom Orchard's goal. The home keeper did react smartly to tip over a long-range wind-assisted shot that was dipping under the crossbar. Messer had two great chances when played in on goal but could only clear the crossbar on each occasion. He did finally score to kill the game after being played into oceans of space. Messer took a steadying touch and rolled the ball across the onrushing keeper into the far bottom corner, a carbon copy of his first goal before half time.

I have to say it was a pleasure playing in the game against Titans this weekend, its not nice losing 18-1 but I dont mind it against a team like Titans.

We were beaten before we even started on Saturday, but it was an enjoyable defeat.

The attitude of the Titan's players and management was spot on, they played football exactly how it was meant to be played, on the deck and passed the ball with precision, when winning they never took the mick and carried on playing and in some instances also gave encouragement to our team.

There are some great footballing teams in Division 5 this year, Newquay and Hayle both have quality youngsters, Titans have a great mix of experience and youth and I have no doubt they will be up there end of the season and next.

For Storm this game was awful, but by no means the norm, we have a young inexperienced side who like to play the long ball, hopefully with a little more time these youngsters can come through and offer more of a challenge to the other teams we come up against.

We have no game now until the new year, so a little rest time and hopefully some recruiting we can have a good 2016 and build on next year.

Edited by Dave Deacon
language