Cornwall Football Forum

Well done St Austell

Congratulations to St Austell a close run with Liskeard who have also been outstanding. But St Blazey big boys, I think not :) :) Enjoy the accolades St Austell well deserved in a very average league. 

Winning any team trophy will always involve an element of luck at some stage over a period of time and poor discipline always has a price to pay.
However the Peninsula disciplinary table shows a difference of only two points for the cards received by both St Austell and Liskeard which surely eliminates poor discipline as the sole reason for St Austell winning the championship.
Liskeard have yet to beat St Austell this season having gleaned just one point from their two league games endorsing St Austells claim of worthy championship winners.
Liskeard will no doubt be seeking some level of revenge when meeting St Austell in a cup match at Pennygillam on 01/05/24 K.O. 7-30 pm
Good luck to both teams in their respective ventures.

10 hours ago, silly billy said:

Could the lack of discipline have cost Liskeard, or just not good enough? 

Well done to St Austell. They'll be another great addition to the Western League.

Worthy champions, no disputing the league table as it never lies. Still have that nagging feeling though that Liskeard blew it. 

Had a slightly mischievous thought regarding how many of the more senior St Austell players will stick around at Poltair for step 5 football. and whether we'll see any of them playing at Lux Park next season (a few have past history with Darren Gilbert at Bodmin).

6 hours ago, We Two said:

Winning any team trophy will always involve an element of luck at some stage over a period of time and poor discipline always has a price to pay.
However the Peninsula disciplinary table shows a difference of only two points for the cards received by both St Austell and Liskeard which surely eliminates poor discipline as the sole reason for St Austell winning the championship.
Liskeard have yet to beat St Austell this season having gleaned just one point from their two league games endorsing St Austells claim of worthy championship winners.
Liskeard will no doubt be seeking some level of revenge when meeting St Austell in a cup match at Pennygillam on 01/05/24 K.O. 7-30 pm
Good luck to both teams in their respective ventures.

Yes but if Liskeard didn't have any red cards that may of been just enough to have given them the edge to win the league.  Doesn't matter now anyway,  all done and dusted. 

Well-done AFC St Austell. To the Management team building a fantastic team with youth and some quality experience players to win the league. A big thank you to both Robs and Jason at the helm for all the hard work and time spent at this fantastic club. I have seen all home and away games this season and it was fully deserved. Some games didn't go to plan but these players never dropped their heads and played fantastic all season. Next step will be hard, but a great adventure in a new league can't wait for it to start. 

On 24/04/2024 at 21:41, silly billy said:

Well done St Austell on becoming Premier West Champions.  Could the lack of discipline have cost Liskeard, or just not good enough? 

Why are YOU always **snarky** ? First sentence would have sufficed. Congratulations to St Austell. To finish above a very talented Liskeard side is outstanding work.  Good luck Snozzle in the WL.

44 minutes ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Why are YOU always **snarky** ? First sentence would have sufficed. Congratulations to St Austell. To finish above a very talented Liskeard side is outstanding work.  Good luck Snozzle in the WL.

Dry your eyes, always next season if you manage to beat Newquay 🤣

A truly great all round performance from all involved at st austell this season. 
Thoroughly deserved. 
Let’s all give them at least a few weeks before members on here start dismantling the current squad. 
imo st austell is the club to be at and any players that leaves them would be making a poor sporting decision. 

Well done to St Austell on winning the league and to there fantastic captain Neil Slateford and your fantastic team not many had them down to win the league i had Liskeard to walk away with it how wrong was i, i still reckon Liskeard would do better in the higher league than St Austell they have more experianced players no disrespect to the great lads at St Austell but you have no one of the calibre of Max Gilbert .

Just beat Liskeard at Launceston this week and then beat Falmouth in the final at Wendron Smokie wants to be in the St Austell with his 2 friends Neil and Ollie like he was last year in the St Austell team photo .

Hopefully i will be at Wendron to watch the final whoever is in it hope i dont get lost getting there i got no Sat Nav my car is old now so i dont want it breaking down its already has had 2 new clutches .

Ok people see you next season hopefully if i havnt popped my clogs