Cornwall Football Forum

2 hours ago, Smeethy09 said:

Does anyone know when this is going to actually take place and when the fixtures will be released. Seen on a previous post that it was anticipated early June.

AGM date has been planned a while.

Still waiting on some higher leagues that won’t be releasing until mid-July too!

The first thing to note is that the AGM is much later this year than it will be next as we've had to wait for the other leagues to close down and disperse their funds.

The other is that as more Cornish clubs progress further up the NLS ladder the more complex the fixtures become.  Phil H is always early with his as he's on the ball and has no reserve team conflicts to manage (while Truro Res are at Tregye); the Western League had theirs out a week or so ago - and then made 35 changes without telling anyone; the Southern League fixtures are out next week I think.  That has a ripple effect all the way down in the west for example as Mousehole Devs fixtures can't be done until the SL ones are out which in turn means that the the reserve or other teams of the sides that the Devs play can't get theirs sorted and so on down the divisions.  Easy it ain't!!

A little bit of patience is needed.  We want the fixtures done as much as you do but it will take a little time.

36 minutes ago, John Mead said:

I can never understand the seemingly urgent need to know what the fixtures are. Surely, people don't plan their whole life around football fixtures?

Au contraire! I definitely do. 

The Boss - "When don't you have a game? We'll go away that weekend?" 
Me - "I don't know yet maybe early July I'll know the fixtures. I'm not missing any games." 

2 hours ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Au contraire! I definitely do. 

The Boss - "When don't you have a game? We'll go away that weekend?" 
Me - "I don't know yet maybe early July I'll know the fixtures. I'm not missing any games." 

You have the choice to please the Boss or please yourself.....but beware of the potential consequences of your choice - as well as re-arranged fixtures! I understand your reasoning though.

On 26/06/2023 at 07:03, John Mead said:

I can never understand the seemingly urgent need to know what the fixtures are. Surely, people don't plan their whole life around football fixtures?

Well as it’s not like it used to be and many people work weekends now, people like to know fixtures early enough to plan any changes. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

Lower divisions can’t finish their ones until higher have sorted their’s hence the slight delay.

Although it might have been a case that they were all sorted, but obviously it takes time to load online! Anyway, Foul Throw 3 clarified the situation thanks. 

All clubs to be aware that the Full-Time generated e-mail advising clubs of fixtures being created has got some problems as well despite being set correctly.  Some clubs will find that their fixtures are being notified to other administrators but not the club secretary and in some cases to people who have left the club and whose end date is clearly last season.  This has been reported to the FA tech support team.  As I mentioned elsewhere, the west fixtures are to a large extent dependent on the Southern League fixtures for Mousehole.  These are out on the 14th at which point the west fixtures can be finalized.

Hi to all, 

I finished off the East Division Fixtures this afternoon and didn't realise they were being publicly published as I entered them into the grids but I only discovered a few double bookings to rearrange as I went along. 

There are gaps in September but please be advised two of those Saturdays are County Junior Cup and Duchy Cup 1st Rounds so they will be filled up once the Cup Draws have been done.

The West Divisions are far more complex and David James has to wait for several other Leagues and Tournaments to complete their lists. There are also some appeals lodged to County that affect those Divisions and there are more Reserves Teams there (5 Teams at Wendron, for instance). 

But we're getting there.......

Davey

TAKEN FROM DUCHY/TRELAWNY SUB-FORUM

Provisional August fixtures for West Divs 2,3,4 are viewable on Full Time 

IF ANY OTHER CLUBS ARE AVAILABLE TO PLAY SATURDAYS OR EVENINGS

CAN YOU LET ME HAVE YOUR DATES HOME OR AWAY ASAP PLEASE .

Thanks

David James 

West  Divs 2 3 and 4 fixture sec 

Email.  spwest234fixtures@gmail.com 

Division 2 East Fixtures are now published. 

There was a glitch with Full Time and two of the Clubs were indecisive but I hope that all is now smoothed over. 

Club Secretaries of these Teams should receive notification emails in the next hour or so. 

Now waiting for the Cup Draws for their 1st Rounds and September will be crammed full.

Davey 

County FA have informed me that they have downloaded all of the August 2023 Division 2 and 3 and 4 East fixtures and they will begin rostering Match Officials after the weekend.

No doubt, the Higher Leagues and FA Competitions will be served first.

It is now too late for me to rearrange any of the already published fixtures during August, as of 1645 Friday 14th July.

If you are organising any pre season friendlies after 05th August then please check with County FA before ringing round for a Referee as the Match Officials have not yet received their 'active' dates for August and may already have been allocated a Match.

Davey