Cornwall Football Forum

Combellack Vehicle Recyclers East Cornwall Premier League Midweek Fixtures

2 minutes ago, Foul Throw 3 said:

Are two sides definitely getting relegated from the ECPL? With the merger and the required reshuffle of the leagues and the number of teams per league they had in mind, I hadn't seen anything confirmed.

No exactly I’m not too sure either that there will be any “relegation” anywhere because of the restructuring process!

3 hours ago, countyman said:

At the meetings I’ve been to it’s been stated that promotion and relegation will be sorted first THEN the divisional constitutions will be arranged afterwards, ( for all county leagues that will be finishing) so pretty certain that will see bottom 2 down with 2up from Duchy Prem… possibly Steve Carpenter can clarify ?

That's correct, promotion and relegation will be applied first.  Much simpler in the East given the make up of the ECPL and Duchy divisions than in the west where the Combination is down on numbers and the Trelawny divisions are small.

10 hours ago, Viva la Roche said:

Believe so and Owen Rosevear but Pennisular season is over. 

And St Minver had Wadebridge Town’s Matt Lloyd starting for them. Guess both teams will say they were short and simply had to start them ahead of their regular players that were left on the bench or they “just wanted to play with their mates” 🤷🏼🤣🤷🏼🤣🤷🏼

3 hours ago, St George said:

And St Minver had Wadebridge Town’s Matt Lloyd starting for them. Guess both teams will say they were short and simply had to start them ahead of their regular players that were left on the bench or they “just wanted to play with their mates” 🤷🏼🤣🤷🏼🤣🤷🏼

About time the “Youth” at st Stephen took a well deserved rest, to let these players come in and play before them, they have lots to play for 🤔

1 hour ago, StarMan42 said:

About time the “Youth” at st Stephen took a well deserved rest, to let these players come in and play before them, they have lots to play for 🤔

Totally agree with you star man ,the youth have played all season,and get dropped for a game that means nothing,I would be fuming with my manager,if he did that #youth 

Torpoint 1-3 foxhole. 

A huge 3 points and a step closer. A game of 2 half’s. Torpoint threw the bus at us 2nd half after being 3-0 down. We Deserved to be 3 up ht. 2nd half could have done more to try and control the game but we won it gritty in the end. Il take that. goals from 

benno ️ 

and a absolute belter from cowboy on the volley from 25/30 yards which maybe their keeper could have done better with but the strike deserved the goal. 🦊🍻🍻

Torpoint Athletic 1 - 3 Foxhole Stars

Torpoint goalscorer: Ross.

Lineup: Jackson, Bark, Pearce, WhiteJ, Warren, Robbins, Pacey, Murray, Ross, Cullerton, Payn.

Subs: Rio Driver, Clarke, Rowe, Halls. Unused: Brown.

A game of two halves for our 6th meeting in 2 seasons. This season the success is almost all Foxhole's with an impressive unbeaten league campaign thus far with a few more hurdles to go for their inevitable winners trophy. I'd hoped we'd upset the apple cart and get an important win for ourselves, but frankly our first half performance deserved nothing!

We started poorly and Foxhole had their foot on the gas early with pressure in our third. We weathered the early storm and chances were under hit or squashed but the momentum was already in their favour due to their own endeavour and our lack of balls! Any goal kick or deep free kick was launched into our box for us to deal with and any clearances were swept up by Doodles, Dingle and Kerrigan to play their football in our half. We couldn't catch a breath and when we did, we gave it away. I lost count how many headers Coates and Ricks in particular won which fell to their own team mates to sustain their possession. Doodles was running rings round us and looked below his level and eventually Foxhole's front foot football paid dividends. A loose bouncing ball 30 yards out was controlled by Cowboy to smash a half effort volley towards goal which wasn't dealt with by Jackson and in for the lead. Not great but no one should have that much time and space to tee up a volley when between the posts from any distance. The deserved lead was increased 15mins later when Bould struck twice within a minute around the 39min mark for 0-3, one a good finish from 18 yards. Both avoidable and sloppy from our point and a huge deficit to fall behind a team that have only conceded 12 league goals prior to last night. 0-3 HT.

We've played poorly all season at home for midweekers but last night's first half was joint top for the most disappointing along with the Nanpean game back in March. It's not often I'd describe my approach as the hairdryer treatment but no questions asked they deserved my best effort and I blew a gasket. I came out for the restart very dry mouthed!

The reaction was good. Why does it need a HT like that to get something? If you're going to compete with the best in any league it shouldn't be difficult to motivate yourselves or you're going to be found wanting.  We didn't create huge chances right away, but the momentum certainly shifted quickly. Passes were finding feet, we played with a sense of urgency and quality and we finally got the ball wide, to Cam Ross in particular out on the right. Damerell did well in most 1v1 situations against him but the infectious little rascal is relentless and he won't stop. I'm pretty sure he doesn't sleep! 

No clear cut chances or bringing Prynn into big calls but we were turning the screw and eventually pulled one back around the hour. A corner only cleared to the edge of the box found Ross who hit a neat volley from a bouncing ball into the bottom corner from 18yards for his first goal for the 3rd team since his return, 5 years since his last. He's been our best player for weeks so fully deserved. I'd hoped that would rattle Foxhole a little, which it did slightly from the demeanour of their dugout, but Ricks and co weathered us well. We continued to move the ball well and our distribution and the difference between the two halves was night and day! The last 5-10mins in particular though they had enough know how to kill the clock and overplay in some areas to eat up time. Our pressure didn't tell as we couldn't carve them open but if the second half was the only half you saw you'd wonder how we didn't win on the balance. The opposite to the first where we were bullied and showed nothing to deserve anything against good teams. Credit to Foxhole for that. 1-3 FT.

Well refereed I thought, quite a few cards, 5 I think, but consistent as a few were for time wasting and/or kicking the ball away. Silly really as once one or two is dished out the others didn't learn. The game never boiled over and any incident resulted in a "chat" and never got a repeat offence. Good game management without knowing the discussion. Only one heated moment late on and that was swiftly dealt with and diffused. 

On the whole, a deserved win for the visitors, and a deserved title only a couple of Ws away. They've ran away with the league really despite being behind on fixtures for months! You only have to look at their goal difference of 53 better than the 2nd best GD to see they've blown everyone out of the water. Still, disappointing not to match them in either league fixture. All the best for Seth, Ricks and the team for their run in. 

easiest league to win this year ? Yet you’ve been miles away this season. 🤦🏼‍♂️ says a lot. 😂😂😂😂  never the less, can only beat what’s in front of you. I won’t get into banter comments on here. It’s been an enjoyable season and if we can complete the season unbeaten that’s a great achievement, regardless the league or the standard. It takes some doing in any division. All the best for next season mate 🙌🏻

Yes exactly why it’s been the easiest Lee… take nothing away if/when you win the league unbeaten that’s an amazing achievement but the standard this year has been abysmal so let’s not get carried away here. Why haven’t you taken promotion by the way? 

21 minutes ago, LeeRicks9 said:

I’m guessing the club were waiting to hear what is happening with the restructuring of the leagues. I guess we will find out at the end of the season/pre season what league we will be in next season. Hopefully all the lads stay together next season and we will see where we can go 

I think it's a case of Foxhole not going up because no application into the St Piran League for their Feeder League division!

3 hours ago, Byron10 said:

Yes exactly why it’s been the easiest Lee… take nothing away if/when you win the league unbeaten that’s an amazing achievement but the standard this year has been abysmal so let’s not get carried away here. Why haven’t you taken promotion by the way? 

St Newlyn East better, foxhole better, St Columb started well (and beat you), north petherwin etc and even some of the bottom half sides were better this season looe,St Stephen, St Blazey. In my opinion the league got more competitive and stonger. Foxhole are a top top side and sometimes you have to be gracious and honest Byron. The foxes knocked you off the top and I get the bitterness mind 😜

6 hours ago, Byron10 said:

Yeah big congratulations to foxhole, they’ll go unbeaten now. There isn’t a team in the league that’ll push them as much as us so I’ll take pride in being the only side that’s won against them (all be it in the cup) About time they rewarded the past seasons they’ve had with a league win 👏 

There isn’t a team that will push them as much as you? North petherwin are pushing them and are a better side than you in my opinion 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, Santini11 said:

There isn’t a team that will push them as much as you? North petherwin are pushing them and are a better side than you in my opinion 🤷🏽‍♂️

We’re the only team that have beaten them this season you muppet. Point is valid and will remain valid untill someone else does 😂😂

1 hour ago, Rjw87 said:

St Newlyn East better, foxhole better, St Columb started well (and beat you), north petherwin etc and even some of the bottom half sides were better this season looe,St Stephen, St Blazey. In my opinion the league got more competitive and stonger. Foxhole are a top top side and sometimes you have to be gracious and honest Byron. The foxes knocked you off the top and I get the bitterness mind 😜

SNE better yes, foxhole yes, north peth yes. st col absolutely not 😂 manager has quit along with half the team lol. Compare it to last seasons sides and this year the standard has been awful. Gunni and alternun would have walked this league and beaten foxhole twice each for a start. The fact we won the treble last year in a far more competitive league says a lot. Transitional period for us and we’ve still won the same amount as the “top top side” and a win on Saturday sees us take 3rd place. I know that’s hard for you to comprehend but it’s true 👍 

4 minutes ago, Byron10 said:

We’re the only team that have beaten them this season you muppet. Point is valid and will remain valid untill someone else does 😂😂

Why the muppet comment? 🤷🏽‍♂️ We’re talking league basis and north petherwin have run us closer than you have and are better than you. Small man syndrome kickin in is it buddy 🤦🏽‍♂️

Just now, Santini11 said:

Why the muppet comment? 🤷🏽‍♂️ We’re talking league basis and north petherwin have run us closer than you have and are better than you. Small man syndrome kickin in is it buddy 🤦🏽‍♂️

Okay well let’s return to this once all the league fixtures have been played. Believe north peth still have to play foxhole do they not? Maybe they can break the mould 

14 minutes ago, Byron10 said:

SNE better yes, foxhole yes, north peth yes. st col absolutely not 😂 manager has quit along with half the team lol. Compare it to last seasons sides and this year the standard has been awful. Gunni and alternun would have walked this league and beaten foxhole twice each for a start. The fact we won the treble last year in a far more competitive league says a lot. Transitional period for us and we’ve still won the same amount as the “top top side” and a win on Saturday sees us take 3rd place. I know that’s hard for you to comprehend but it’s true 👍 

Bobbins ,you say gunni altarnun would beat foxhole twice each ,well last year with the shit side foxhole had they beat altarnun away and gunni away ,and with the side foxhole have got this year I don’t think that would happen ,any way enjoy your retirement your be greatly missed 

2 minutes ago, ILoveGiraffe said:

Bobbins ,you say gunni altarnun would beat foxhole twice each ,well last year with the shit side foxhole had they beat altarnun away and gunni away ,and with the side foxhole have got this year I don’t think that would happen ,any way enjoy your retirement your be greatly missed 

Same gunni side that have finished 3rd behind saltash b and st dom in the st pirans league who are both the best sides outside the SWPL. Yes i absolutely think they’d wipe the floor with them 😂 I’ll enjoy not arguing with people hiding behind names that know very little about alot that’s for sure 🙌 

2 minutes ago, Byron10 said:

Same gunni side that have finished 3rd behind saltash b and st dom in the st pirans league who are both the best sides outside the SWPL. Yes i absolutely think they’d wipe the floor with them 😂 I’ll enjoy not arguing with people hiding behind names that know very little about alot that’s for sure 🙌 

Yes bobbins your all ways right about everything I’m sorry I spoke out off turn 😂😂😂😘😘😘

2 minutes ago, Byron10 said:

I’m Carlo Ricks. That clears that up for ya sonny 👍

1 hour ago, Byron10 said:

Byron - love your enthusiasm but your Maths isn’t your strongest subject! 

Congratulations to every side in the ECPL this season.

Exciting times ahead with the merger next season. I for one will enjoy not having to chase players to play, wash kit, organise training, sweep changing rooms plus every thing else involved with running a club at this level and maybe, just maybe spend some time with the family for all too few weeks before we go again.

Oh and just had the “excuse to end all excuses” as to being unavailable to play! One of my players is unavailable for Saturday because he’s flying to Miami to take part in a Reality TV Show…I wish I was joking!!!!

Jiggy, SNEFC

7 minutes ago, St Newlyn East AFC said:

Byron - love your enthusiasm but your Maths isn’t your strongest subject! 

Congratulations to every side in the ECPL this season.

Exciting times ahead with the merger next season. I for one will enjoy not having to chase players to play, wash kit, organise training, sweep changing rooms plus every thing else involved with running a club at this level and maybe, just maybe spend some time with the family for all too few weeks before we go again.

Oh and just had the “excuse to end all excuses” as to being unavailable to play! One of my players is unavailable for Saturday because he’s flying to Miami to take part in a Reality TV Show…I wish I was joking!!!!

Jiggy, SNEFC

Sounds like a wise career move if you ask me

36 minutes ago, Rjw87 said:

St Stephen 0 - 2 St Dennis Res 

Well that was more like it from the lads, quicker passing and getting at them and we got our rewards. I could of scored 2 but fair play to the keeper getting down low and saving both efforts. Buzzing for the boys and we love winning a derby 💪 

Thought Grosey and Harvey were stand out players today, rest of the team played well, from what I have see if you lot this season, best you lot have played, after they had come off a good win against St Minver

Fantastic effort from both teams this evening on an immaculate pitch Jon doc has a decent team there on the quiet,some very good young players doing there up most to fight for him, always a funny game for me to play v st Stephen as I'm a st Stephen boy n have enjoyed many a season down there in the years gone by but a win this evening has made me over the moon as it's a testament to the lads that have been with us this very long testing season our goals scored by Josh pope n ash Taylor,Josh's goal a thing of beauty,ash Taylors a thing of luck 🤣 will credit st Stephen with holding n moving the ball very well but they were unfortunate to really trouble damo in our goal who must be glad cos we've conceded enough goals this season to sink a ship, thought st Stephens left back had a really good game and was always looking to spread the ball early to turn our defence,Callum Oldham for st Stephen talked himself into the sinbin but until then was giving me a good game but gave me break when he went off cos he thought he knew better than the ref 😂,our midfield was steadfast in breaking up play and the ever green Steve capeling got an assist for pope's first goal all in all a welcome win for us which makes it worth all the time n efforts me n Paul Rowe put into getting a team out,bar the 2 games we've had no choice but to concede,Lee hazeldine put a shift in as well as a lone striker even tho he's in his 40s.

Extremely well reffed this evening by Tom McCormick both linos the fairest we've had all season and I really hope doc keeps hold of his lads cos their a decent bunch of guys/youngsters who r playing well for him.

Good food put on after by James broad queen's head st Stephen too.

1 hour ago, davegrose said:

Fantastic effort from both teams this evening on an immaculate pitch Jon doc has a decent team there on the quiet,some very good young players doing there up most to fight for him, always a funny game for me to play v st Stephen as I'm a st Stephen boy n have enjoyed many a season down there in the years gone by but a win this evening has made me over the moon as it's a testament to the lads that have been with us this very long testing season our goals scored by Josh pope n ash Taylor,Josh's goal a thing of beauty,ash Taylors a thing of luck 🤣 will credit st Stephen with holding n moving the ball very well but they were unfortunate to really trouble damo in our goal who must be glad cos we've conceded enough goals this season to sink a ship, thought st Stephens left back had a really good game and was always looking to spread the ball early to turn our defence,Callum Oldham for st Stephen talked himself into the sinbin but until then was giving me a good game but gave me break when he went off cos he thought he knew better than the ref 😂,our midfield was steadfast in breaking up play and the ever green Steve capeling got an assist for pope's first goal all in all a welcome win for us which makes it worth all the time n efforts me n Paul Rowe put into getting a team out,bar the 2 games we've had no choice but to concede,Lee hazeldine put a shift in as well as a lone striker even tho he's in his 40s.

Extremely well reffed this evening by Tom McCormick both linos the fairest we've had all season and I really hope doc keeps hold of his lads cos their a decent bunch of guys/youngsters who r playing well for him.

Good food put on after by James broad queen's head st Stephen too.

Yes very enjoyed that game dave. I thought it was a great battle and goals win games after all. I thought the St Dennis defence was solid and boy in midfield was very good! The bloke what came on up top for St Dennis in the last 30 or so also caused them problems with his movement and he was unlucky not to score. St Stephen had a fair bit of the ball, but didn't do anything with it as you say!

Well played St Dennis 👍