Ilfracombe Town             0-1         Bridgwater United

Keynsham Town              2-0         Bitton

Millbrook                          0-3         Shepton Mallet

Mousehole                       0-0         Exmouth Town

Saltash United                 2-1         Ashton & Backwell United

Street                                0-2         Helston Athletic

Wellington                       3-1         Cadbury Heath

Mousehole 0 Exmouth 0

Having not been to Mousehole for a number of years I was very impressed with the ground improvements that have been made over the last few years. This looked like a key game in the race for the title so I thought it would be worth a watch.

Mousehole started by getting the ball down and playing some neat and tidy football. The tall Exmouth number 5 appeared to block a home forward as they tried to run through but the referee didn’t give a foul, however it wasn’t long before the visiting defender was in the refs book for a late challenge near the home dugout. Mousehole had good possession with Jack Calver pulling the strings and he played in the home number 7 Hayden Turner a few times but his final ball was often over hit in the strong wind. It was clear that the visitors were happy to sit back and play on the break in the first 20 minutes, but as the half wore on they came more into the game. They had 2 or 3 half chances, including the first save that either keeper needed to make, when the left winger was played in and the home keeper saved well. The visitors had the best chance of the half when they were awarded a free kick just outside the box and Levi Landricombe’s effort was well pushed away by the home keeper Ollie Chenoweth. The half ended with Mousehole having had the most possession in the half but not really looking like scoring. As the players left the pitch 3 or 4 Exmouth players were talking to the referee and linesman for some reason.

The second half began and the visiting number 9, Ace High was winning several balls in the air from his keepers goal kicks. Mousehole had a quick breakout on their left and Hayden Turner played a good ball across to Tallen Mitchell who fired over. 15 minutes into the second half and the Exmouth number 8 volleyed wide with the home keeper initially looking concerned before the ball went past the post. Midway through the half it looked like Levi Landricombe was going to put the visitors ahead but Steve Burt made a great tackle to put the ball away for a corner. With just over 10 minutes to go the home number 4 was robbed of possession by the visitors number 11, but the keeper made a great save with his legs. It wasn’t until the first minute of injury time that I remember the Exmouth keeper having to make a save, when Hayden Turner cut in from the left and forced the keeper into a decent stop. 0-0 at full time.

Overall a draw was probably a fair result with Mousehole playing the better football but lacking a cutting edge in the final third and Exmouth looking dangerous on the break and having the better chances in the game. Mousehole have some impressive players in their team and they play excellent football.  A good game to watch and an enjoyable afternoon and hopefully I will be back again soon to watch another match.

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 26 March 2022

Big win for tavi with exmouth and mousehole drawing. 
helston must be kicking themselfs going through that crap spell bringing in certain players disrupting the team. Now they have gone back to how they use to play they are back winning amd would have been right up there with tavi.  
still lots to play for. 

3 hours ago, Chris Davey said:

Mousehole 0 Exmouth 0

Having not been to Mousehole for a number of years I was very impressed with the ground improvements that have been made over the last few years. This looked like a key game in the race for the title so I thought it would be worth a watch.

Mousehole started by getting the ball down and playing some neat and tidy football. The tall Exmouth number 5 appeared to block a home forward as they tried to run through but the referee didn’t give a foul, however it wasn’t long before the visiting defender was in the refs book for a late challenge near the home dugout. Mousehole had good possession with Jack Calver pulling the strings and he played in the home number 7 Hayden Turner a few times but his final ball was often over hit in the strong wind. It was clear that the visitors were happy to sit back and play on the break in the first 20 minutes, but as the half wore on they came more into the game. They had 2 or 3 half chances, including the first save that either keeper needed to make, when the left winger was played in and the home keeper saved well. The visitors had the best chance of the half when they were awarded a free kick just outside the box and Levi Landricombe’s effort was well pushed away by the home keeper Ollie Chenoweth. The half ended with Mousehole having had the most possession in the half but not really looking like scoring. As the players left the pitch 3 or 4 Exmouth players were talking to the referee and linesman for some reason.

The second half began and the visiting number 9, Ace High was winning several balls in the air from his keepers goal kicks. Mousehole had a quick breakout on their left and Hayden Turner played a good ball across to Tallen Mitchell who fired over. 15 minutes into the second half and the Exmouth number 8 volleyed wide with the home keeper initially looking concerned before the ball went past the post. Midway through the half it looked like Levi Landricombe was going to put the visitors ahead but Steve Burt made a great tackle to put the ball away for a corner. With just over 10 minutes to go the home number 4 was robbed of possession by the visitors number 11, but the keeper made a great save with his legs. It wasn’t until the first minute of injury time that I remember the Exmouth keeper having to make a save, when Hayden Turner cut in from the left and forced the keeper into a decent stop. 0-0 at full time.

Overall a draw was probably a fair result with Mousehole playing the better football but lacking a cutting edge in the final third and Exmouth looking dangerous on the break and having the better chances in the game. Mousehole have some impressive players in their team and they play excellent football.  A good game to watch and an enjoyable afternoon and hopefully I will be back again soon to watch another match.

For the first time I actually went to a game with a notepad so I could do a report as it seems quite popular here but you've summed it up. I think both teams missed good chances to win but I also think had Mousehole stepped away from the whole play it out from the box and play it out all the way to the front men they would have been okay. They play lovely football but what is the point of playing that lovely football in the wrong areas just play football where you need to play it and then bang it forward, they had pace over the Exmouth back line, especially seeing as their number five that took every opportunity to surround the ref got booked in the first ten minutes. Sometimes football is about winning ugly. Ref had a good game considering the amount of moaning he had from the benchs and players.ive never seen so many people crowd a ref whenever he blew this whistle.he was probably the best one Ive seen this season so far at this level bit I have only seen one other wwestern league game. I thought Exmouth deserved  the result as home keeper made some great saves including a one on one which seemed easier to miss from where I was near tyat corner