Cornwall Football Forum

New signing at Helston

32 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Such as?

Ward and Toby Clarke for a start miles better maybe out of Massey reach but I guess if he wants his team to be the best he try  and get them. Even Callum o Brian now at torpoint is better . I’ve seen Bentley a few times for parkway and he struggled just not sure he much better then they have already 

20 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Ward and Toby Clarke for a start miles better maybe out of Massey reach but I guess if he wants his team to be the best he try  and get them. Even Callum o Brian now at torpoint is better . I’ve seen Bentley a few times for parkway and he struggled just not sure he much better then they have already 

😁🤣😂 somethings Mr Masseys money wont buy. Wardy and Toby Clarke are 2 of them !! 

I’d agree, Callum O’Brien certainly one of the best CB’s in the county but with his Saltash links highly unlikely to venture to Helston, looking forward to who’s selected for Cornwall squad. Does anyone know what the qualifying criteria is for being available? (What Step is eligible) Potentially players who have also represented Kernow FA?

On 20/01/2022 at 06:29, mattelot said:

😁🤣😂 somethings Mr Masseys money wont buy. Wardy and Toby Clarke are 2 of them !! 

Beg to differ on that.

Ward has already left Falmouth before for the riches of Plymouth Parkway so its never a definite he wouldn't leave.

Massey has never been afraid to back himself financially so I'm sure he could persuade both of them to leave if he really wanted to as money always talks.

Reality is both are probably enjoying things at Falmouth. Winning every week (apart from Saturday), playing in front of healthy crowds, not really having to get out of third gear every game, playing for likeable Manager and travelling far less.

The issue will be next season. With promotion having to be taken, how many will stay at Falmouth when a few could jump ship to a team 20 minutes down the road playing in the same league but playing 3 times the money. 

8 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Beg to differ on that.

Ward has already left Falmouth before for the riches of Plymouth Parkway so its never a definite he wouldn't leave.

Massey has never been afraid to back himself financially so I'm sure he could persuade both of them to leave if he really wanted to as money always talks.

Reality is both are probably enjoying things at Falmouth. Winning every week (apart from Saturday), playing in front of healthy crowds, not really having to get out of third gear every game, playing for likeable Manager and travelling far less.

The issue will be next season. With promotion having to be taken, how many will stay at Falmouth when a few could jump ship to a team 20 minutes down the road playing in the same league but playing 3 times the money. 

For a manager that can talk a good game ,but doesn't win anything ? 😁

10 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Beg to differ on that.

While it is probable that some Falmouth players will move on, just as likely that Town attract some from other Cornish step 5 clubs. Hasn't Mark Goldsworthy been linked with them in the past, and been spotted in the crowd at Bickland Park?