Polzeath                              4-1          Gerrans & St Mawes Utd

DIVISION 2

Biscovey                              2-1          Gunnislake Reserves

Looe Town Reserves      3-2          Delabole United

Lostwithiel Reserves      3-0          Week St Mary

North Petherwin Res      2-3          Foxhole Stars  Reserves

St Mawgan Reserves      4-0          North Hill

Losty res 3 week st Mary 0 

absolutely fantastic performance to end 2021 from the lads. Massive squad today having to turn players away but the lads that played did an excellent job 

fantastic goals from Ben joel and Alex got us all three points. Week st Mary never troubled us much few long range efforts but nothing serious for the defence. another clean sheet for us. Great to have two of the uni boys back for a while Oscar bamsey in particular is a real gem at the heart of defence 

onwards to 2022 hopefully we can continue our good form and finish in a good league position after our less than ideal start 

St Dominic 2 Polperro 1

A great result for us. 4 months ago we didn’t think we’d make it through September as a side, but the boys have rallied and today proved a fine victory against one of the so called big teams in this league. 
I’ll let other people on here comment about the referring performances but witthout them we wouldn’t have a game.

upthedoms 

5 minutes ago, Massive88 said:

St Dominic 2 Polperro 1

A great result for us. 4 months ago we didn’t think we’d make it through September as a side, but the boys have rallied and today proved a fine victory against one of the so called big teams in this league. 
I’ll let other people on here comment about the referring performances but witthout them we wouldn’t have a game.

upthedoms 

Referee was abysmal. Your saying about shortage of refs but when they produce performances like that why would players want to give up their Saturdays for that? Playing the 2nd half with only 10/9 players we never stood a chance.

ive played men’s football for 11 years and never witness anything like that.?

You where clearly out played for the full 90 game.

But if your happy with that result and how that game went then ideal 

33 minutes ago, Harry sawyers said:

Referee was abysmal. Your saying about shortage of refs but when they produce performances like that why would players want to give up their Saturdays for that? Playing the 2nd half with only 10/9 players we never stood a chance.

Gotta be honest mate this smacks of sour grapes!

1 hour ago, Harry sawyers said:

Hi Harold 👋

31 minutes ago, Spfc89 said:

😂😂😂 so called big teams, your linesman had a go at us and said we was way to good for the league and shouldn’t be in it. Your own manager admitted that we had been battering you and that changed because we got players sent off. He sent 3 players into the sin bin for NOTHING. If he was consistent the game would of been abandoned with no one left on the field, but no one rule for one and one for another quite clearly.  I don’t usually take to hear to complain and moan but today has me questioning if it’s worth committing to football to be treated like that, those players dont deserve to play like they did and go away with nothing but money out there pockets for doing NOTHING. And If you honestly think today was fair you are deluded my friend. 

I think we need to clarify that we didn’t provide the ref. I think you need to look at your discipline before moaning at anyone else. Anyway have a good Saturday evening I’m going to carry on celebrating 🍻🍻🍻

2 minutes ago, Spfc89 said:

I don’t need clarification on how refs are allocated. If you think those three reasons for sin binning players are fair and disciplinary issues again you are deluded and maybe need to check the rules of the game. Carry on celebrating mate, can’t say I would be celebrating being giving a game of football more embarrassed 😂 different levels I suppose 👍

Hahaha goals win games chap. You were embarrassing 

Lanivet 3 Losty 3

A whole hearted local derby today where all involved deserve praise. Lanivet on a great run started on the front foot and deservedly took the lead early on. We were chasing shadows at this stage but we kept grafting and on 30 minutes Tom Mileham evaded 3 challenges before scoring a brilliant goal of his own making. Losty grew in confidence and Liam Rooney scored from a corner to put us in front at Half time. The second half was even until a good team goal resulted in Darryl putting us 3-1 up. Lanivet showed why they are in second by refusing to lie down and soon reduced the score to 2-3 and as we struggled to re-group scored a quality equaliser. Both teams gave their all in pushing for a winner but an entertaining game finished level. Well done to all involved, thank you to Duncan for referreeing and thank you to everyone involved for a cracking game of Duchy football. Cheers Bill.

24 minutes ago, Spfc89 said:

Missing the point abit. You scored two goals when we had 3 players unfairly in the sin bin you daft muppet 🙈 just think you’d probably be top of the league if you could have that luck every week 😂 12 vs 8 

You were never down to 8 men once in the game. Anyway I’m ending this discussion. 3 points to the Dom’s, have a good Xmas and I hope Santa delivers you a referee for Xmas 😘

2 hours ago, Harry sawyers said:

From a neutral point of view I thought st Dom were well worth the 3 points. They stuck in the game after polperro brought in a few ringers and thought they could just turn up to get the 3 points, st Dom were resolute and stuck to the task and in my opinion were 100% worth the deserved 3 points. Credit to spencer Barrett coming up with the winner.  Polperro were I’ll disciplined and it showed.

24 minutes ago, Spfc89 said:

From a neutral that all previous comments have been about watching st dom games 😂

All of our players play for us full time. Not quite sure who the ringers are. 

11 - 3= 8 

hope Santa gets you a calculator bud 👍
3 players in the sin bin at once 🙈

You never had 3 in at once you tool

Polzeath 4 GSM 1

Polzeath creating a couple of gilt edge chances early on, firstly after after a good save from Hussain in the GSM goal diverted the ball across goal the Polzeath forward sliding in at the far post failed to divert the ball the right side of the post. Shortly after, a Polzeath forward skilfully eluded the GSM defence but inexplicably blazed high over the bar from 10 yards. GSM started to get a foothold in the game, Rundle trying his luck from distance but not finding the target.

25 mins and Polzeath took the lead. A long kick from the keeper was flicked on to the forward, who held off 2 GSM defenders before finishing right foot across the keeper in to the bottom corner. GSM were again restricted to shots from outside the area, without really troubling the Polzeath keeper. 37 mins and it was 2-0 as Polzeath played a ball into the channel where the Polzeath attacker turned inside the full back, before pulling the ball back to the edge of the 6 yard box for the ball to be tucked away in to the far corner. 41 mins Polzeath again worked the ball down their right before crossing the ball low across the 6 yard box where Hussain saved bravely twice at the feet of the forward before the ball was finally smashed in to the roof of the net to make it 3-0. GSM pushed forward in the final 5 mins but despite some pressure were unable to reduce the arrears.

Second half started with GSM looking to have come to terms with the 3G surface and started to pass the ball around nicely. This culminated in GSM getting the goal their play deserved when Rundle got down the left before firing the ball across the area. Hayhurts took a touch before laying the ball in to the path of the on coming Wheatley, who hit the ball first time right footed into the roof of the net on 57 mins. Polzeath pushed forward to and re-established their 3 goal lead on 62 when their 7 turned inside and curled a beautiful left foot shot in to the far corner from 18 yards. 

No more goals but GSM went closest when clever inter play around the edge of the area played in Wheatley, who's shot came crashing back off the post. 

Thanks to the ref and both linos. Good luck to Polzeath for the rest of the season

GSM MOM - Steve Wheatley

1 hour ago, Spfc89 said:

Missing the point abit. You scored two goals when we had 3 players unfairly in the sin bin you daft muppet 🙈 just think you’d probably be top of the league if you could have that luck every week 😂 12 vs 8 

It's quite poor and bitter to say someone being "sinbinned" is unfair. The very premise is due to poor on field conduct resulting in a temporary suspension. Maybe less vitriol and bile towards referees will result in less sinbins.

2 hours ago, Spfc89 said:

You actually can’t count.  Oxley, then 2 mins later Jones and Jackson both at the same time. That equals THREE. Which means you had 11 we had 8. You really do need that calculator 🙈 stop it now mart 

Look if my players done something wrong then that’s there fault and deserve it. We’ve lost other games this year deservedly. But dominating the game and 1-0 up get three sin binned one for laughing, one asking if a free kick was in correct place (to which after he sin binned him for it moved the ball back) and other one player talking to another come on. If he does that every week no one would play the game anymore. You know it and so do I. After that we did moan and players attitudes was poor but only after all the rubbish he gave us before that we was good as gold and imo I don’t blame them after being down to 8 for feeling hard done by. Anyway, Have a good Xmas and make sure you practise on that calculator 😉

You have such a short memory, you did not have 3 off at the same time ffs 

10 hours ago, Spfc89 said:

Sin bins are for dissent towards officials. Is laughing/smiling dissent?  Is asking if the free kick is been moved forward dissent? Is talking to your team mate dissent? I think not so I feel saying they was unfair is not bitter and poor just correct. 

I have full respect for referees and have made good friends with some over the years, without them we don’t play. But at the same time when one has been as poor as today why should we not be annoyed. Players pay to play and don’t deserved to be fined hard earned money for incorrect use of yellow cards/sin bins. 

The IFAB definition of dissent.

Whilst they may seem harsh on the day, each referee has their own tolerance levels.

Questioning the position of a restart is publicly disagreeing with the referee. Dissent.

Laughing (I’m assuming after a decision/non decision) is dissent by action.

I suspect you’ve left out a little detail when you say your 3rd player was sin binned for talking to his own player. 
What were they talking about? I suspect it was a conversation about a decision the referee had made which again, constitutes dissent.

My suggestion would be to pay attention to the referees tolerance levels in the first 5-10 minutes of a game. You can almost always get a feel for how strict/lenient they are and then adjust your players (and your own) behaviour accordingly.

B4B6511D-382F-43C3-A56E-A2EFA2F65719.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Spfc89 said:

Whatever he’s tolerance level may be as I’ve quoted previous he was not consistent to both teams and if he was the game would of been abandoned he picked a chose when to use he’s authority. In the first half he was completely fine towards us and st dom the ones complaining and shouting at him nothing said or done. 2nd half he was a different ref, he couldn’t even be approached to spoken to by anyone. If the game is coming to this that you can’t laugh/smile on a football pitch we are all in trouble. As I’ve said I don’t come on here every time a ref makes a bad decision and complain but today was a complete joke. How we can go from dominating a game playing great football one minute to find 3 players being sin binned for ridiculous reasons the next is beyond me and why I find myself on here. Games gone 

Maybe rather than complaining on here you should go through the correct channels so something could actually be done about it.

1 hour ago, Spfc89 said:

Whatever he’s tolerance level may be as I’ve quoted previous he was not consistent to both teams and if he was the game would of been abandoned he picked a chose when to use he’s authority. In the first half he was completely fine towards us and st dom the ones complaining and shouting at him nothing said or done. 2nd half he was a different ref, he couldn’t even be approached to spoken to by anyone. If the game is coming to this that you can’t laugh/smile on a football pitch we are all in trouble. As I’ve said I don’t come on here every time a ref makes a bad decision and complain but today was a complete joke. How we can go from dominating a game playing great football one minute to find 3 players being sin binned for ridiculous reasons the next is beyond me and why I find myself on here. Games gone 

So you “dominated” an entire half of football and only scored once.

It sound like your time may be better spent working on some finishing drills and chance creation rather than publicly slating a referee on a forum.

Disagreeing with an official is one thing but to come onto a public forum and accuse an official of cheating is unacceptable. Don’t be surprised if there’s an FA charge incoming.

19 minutes ago, Spfc89 said:

Finally a sensible comment. I only complained to correct the people claiming they won a fair game. Correct channels will be taken for sure. 

You publicly called an FA match official a cheat. 
That’s far beyond the scope of “correcting” people.

Just make sure you don’t give the referee a mark of 61 in order to avoid a written report.

6 minutes ago, Spfc89 said:

Yes we did. And I will defend my players when needed to be, why should they have to be treated like they have been yesterday and get fined hard earned money when they’ve done nothing wrong? It works both ways. And don’t worry the ref score will be adapt to the performance as it always is. 

There’s no fine for sin bins. 

I know it’s a public forum but it’s only going to make the matter worse slating an official on here. We are short of them as it is. People thinking of taking it up read comments on here and think why bother. Would be better just to write your report hand it to the fa and do it that way. At the end of the day none of us are perfect! And mistakes will be made! 

Calling a referee a cheat and the rest is embarrassing.

Hopefully the people in charge of appointing these officials will see these posts and not bother sending a referee to these games. For what my two pence is worth (not alot), we have a shortage of referees affecting football across the county every single Saturday. Clubs that treat them with respect should be at the top of the list to have an appointed official. 'But it's unfair because we pay a referee appointment fee' well if a referee isn't appointed, you save yourself money 

1 hour ago, Spfc89 said:

You are just a complete idiot aren’t you. You know as well as your manager does that we was not coming back to the pub after as we had told him when we first got there we wouldn’t be with the virus cases so high a lot of the lads didn’t want to with Xmas so close. But yet again you have to make such a stupid remark to bring bad publicity. Idiot. 

If your lads are concerned by covid pre-Christmas (understandable and a sensible stance), can we safely assume they didn’t all pile into the changing rooms together pre and post match? 

10 minutes ago, Spfc89 said:

You assume correct! those that was concerned got changed outside and wash there own kits. 👍

I have not once labelled the ref a cheat just to be be clear. Shook his hand after the game as I always do as respect. Just completely disagree with his actions and players being sent off for things that happen 20 times in every game of football, and are not in the rules. 

Good to hear the lads with concerns are taking the necessary precautions.

Its very convenient that your comments calling the referee a cheat have disappeared.

Did you cover your own tracks for fear of CCFA action or has @Dave Deacon removed them? If the later is true then he’s probably done you a big favour.

On 18/12/2021 at 21:01, Spfc89 said:

12 minutes ago, Spfc89 said:

You assume correct! those that was concerned got changed outside and wash there own kits. 👍

I have not once labelled the ref a cheat just to be be clear. Shook his hand after the game as I always do as respect. Just completely disagree with his actions and players being sent off for things that happen 20 times in every game of football, and are not in the rules. 

The above basically says he was a cheat though saying you were playing 12 v 8.

8 hours ago, Massive88 said:

Fletch89 didn’t need to cook him a meal mate, we had plenty of food provided after at the pub for both teams. Would of been nice of you boys to have told us you weren’t coming back. Proper vegetable hahahaha

I think it’s obvious that with all the Covid going around we wouldn’t come back to the pub, plus your manager was informed

With refereeing performances like that it’s no wonder so many people cannot be bothered to play no more. 

The most inconsistent referee I’ve ever come across to the point it looked blatant cheating and a couple of neutrals on the touchline even said so. 

id rather have a game called off then have a referee like that ever again. Not worth anyones time and money 

4 minutes ago, Ben_lawrence96 said:

With refereeing performances like that it’s no wonder so many people cannot be bothered to play no more. 

The most inconsistent referee I’ve ever come across to the point it looked blatant cheating and a couple of neutrals on the touchline even said so. 

id rather have a game called off then have a referee like that ever again. Not worth anyones time and money 

Do it yourself then

5 hours ago, Ben_lawrence96 said:

Sour grapes, as like the other comments above. 

6 hours ago, Ben_lawrence96 said:

Digging yourself a hole especially having your name on the post too! 

Reading these post from Polperro  sounds to me like sour Grapes and really disrespectful to a ref who gave up his time to officiate  as a neutral at the game watching    I believe  st dom were worthy winners and Polperro were a complete joke just the same as when I played against them  and we won and they done the same there getting on the refs back giving him grief at every decision against them in my opinion they should control there own players and not get on the backs of people that give up time to make the game happen

1 hour ago, Cornish neutral said:

Then if your not involved then you would also notice that Polperro  are a complete joke and have no respect for refs if things don't go there way

St dom where worthy winners you believe, I take it you was there then? Who’s your club that beat Polperro? 
(Just wondering)

calling Polperro a joke is ridiculous and you are all just as bad as what your claiming by doing so. If you wasn't there I suggest don’t comment as you don’t know the full story. The ref was not consistent, if he was he would of sin binned most of the field for what he had sin binned 3 players from Polperro for and that is purely the frustration from the players. We have complete respect for refs but ask for games to be officiated fairly. The matter has been dealt with the correct procedure now so I suggested no further comment from polperro and the matter to be dropped. 

14 hours ago, Cornish neutral said:

Reading these post from Polperro  sounds to me like sour Grapes and really disrespectful to a ref who gave up his time to officiate  as a neutral at the game watching    I believe  st dom were worthy winners and Polperro were a complete joke just the same as when I played against them  and we won and they done the same there getting on the refs back giving him grief at every decision against them in my opinion they should control there own players and not get on the backs of people that give up time to make the game happen

Should know better given their recent success in football in this county and help from ringers down the years. 

Shouldn't lose grace so tactlessly in the wake of defeats. Has put them and their players in an incredibly distasteful light.

5 hours ago, Spfc89 said:

St dom where worthy winners you believe, I take it you was there then? Who’s your club that beat Polperro? 
(Just wondering)

calling Polperro a joke is ridiculous and you are all just as bad as what your claiming by doing so. If you wasn't there I suggest don’t comment as you don’t know the full story. The ref was not consistent, if he was he would of sin binned most of the field for what he had sin binned 3 players from Polperro for and that is purely the frustration from the players. We have complete respect for refs but ask for games to be officiated fairly. The matter has been dealt with the correct procedure now so I suggested no further comment from polperro and the matter to be dropped. 

“No further comment”

Bit late for that, you’ve been slagging the referee off for the last 5 days 🤨