Bridport                               0-4         Keynsham Town

Brislington                           1-5          Bridgwater United

Cadbury Heath                  0-5         Tavistock

Clevedon Town                 0-0            Millbrook

Helston Athletic                2-1            Street

Ilfracombe Town              2-0             Buckland Athletic

Shepton Mallet                 1-1            Wellington

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 13 November 2021

Ashton and Backwell 1 Saltash United 3 Attendance 80.

Lovely ground and setting, bit of a weird slope into the 4 corners. 

First half we played them off the park and they admitted they could have been 0-5 down. As it was 2 goals for Reece Thomson which was all the difference. 

Second half they came out more fired up but a goal for Sam Hughes settled the nerves and killed the game off. Ref gave them a penalty which nobody in the ground could work out what for, so it ended 1-3.

Good result on the road, no injuries and onwards to play bottom team Bridport next Saturday at Kimberley.

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

Rappo so nearly right with his prediction of a Western League full house of wins for the Cornish clubs.

Went to see Helston v. Street this afternoon. In my opinion they were very fortunate to keep their end of the Cornish success up.

0-0 at half-time and Helston probably had the best of the half.

In the 2nd half, Street got on top and scored first. They then spurned a further few chances including a one on one which would have been scored if the left winger had a left foot. Helston then huffed and puffed and got back in the game with Billy Tucker and Stuart Bowker looking really effective. Have to say that Helston would look a pretty ordinary side without those two.

The game turned with about 20 minutes to go. Billy Tucker looked to have rode a challenge in the box, then took a couple of steps and fell down. Unbelievably the ref awarded a penalty. Bowker stepped up to take it and it was 1-1.

Five minutes to go and Tucker again carried the ball into the box. This time he ran into the Centre-half and fell over again. To the surprise of most of the fans, the lino in front of me and especially the Street players and staff, penalty again! Bowker again and 2-1.

Although Helston did have more of the play, they didn't create many clear-cut chances and probably would have lost without the dubious penalties.

Look forward to hopefully Falmouth going up next season as didn't see too much to be scared of in this game other than Tucker and Bowker.

I went to the Helston v Street game this afternoon. To be honest, it was a game that lacked any real quality. In the first half, I thought both teams were relatively sloppy when in possession of the ball. The only real testing save to make was Cory Harvey, who had to stop the lone striker from Street putting it across his goal and in to the far corner of the net. The second half was definitely better than the first. There was some entertainment in the form of goals and penalty incidents. Street took the lead, albeit not really deserving it as such. I didn't have the best view of either fouls that led to both of Helston's penalties. So I'll very much look forward to seeing the highlights. That way I can have a more informed opinion on them. The best Helston player today was Stuart Bowker. I thought his all round game was very good. He's always looking a real threat, and must be a nightmare to defend against. If only Street had more quality within their ranks, they could have tested Helston further today. Their striker, who I think was also their captain, looked like he could've been much more of a threat with the bags of pace he had. They never got the ball to him though.

Does anybody know when the highlights normally come out?

5 hours ago, WRJ said:

Great 4.0 win for Mousehole away at Bitton

A really entertaining and hard-fought game against a strong home team on a very heavy pitch not ideally suited to Mousehole’s playing style. 0-4 was probably a fair reflection of Mousehole’s superiority against a team that didn’t really create any meaningful chances in 90 minutes of football, but the game didn’t look safe (or at least, didn’t feel safe) until the last 10 or so minutes.

Bitton really went for Tallan Mitchell with one especially nasty tackle earning a yellow that could have been a red - it’s a back-handed compliment to him that he draws so many fouls, but every Sunday morning his legs must look like those of an extra in a horror movie.

2 hours ago, Jacob-Englefield1 said:

I went to the Helston v Street game this afternoon. To be honest, it was a game that lacked any real quality. In the first half, I thought both teams were relatively sloppy when in possession of the ball. The only real testing save to make was Cory Harvey, who had to stop the lone striker from Street putting it across his goal and in to the far corner of the net. The second half was definitely better than the first. There was some entertainment in the form of goals and penalty incidents. Street took the lead, albeit not really deserving it as such. I didn't have the best view of either fouls that led to both of Helston's penalties. So I'll very much look forward to seeing the highlights. That way I can have a more informed opinion on them. The best Helston player today was Stuart Bowker. I thought his all round game was very good. He's always looking a real threat, and must be a nightmare to defend against. If only Street had more quality within their ranks, they could have tested Helston further today. Their striker, who I think was also their captain, looked like he could've been much more of a threat with the bags of pace he had. They never got the ball to him though.

Does anybody know when the highlights normally come out?

Just rendering and exporting file now. Could be out within the hour

9 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Watching the video, the referee at the Helston match was totally conned into give two penalties to the home side. .

Thanks Piran Films and Tom Howe 

Just watched it and it’s probably why VAR was introduced in the top flight  as neither were penalties ( in my opinion ) 🤔

9 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Watching the video, the referee at the Helston match was totally conned into give two penalties to the home side. .

Thanks Piran Films and Tom Howe 

I agree here Paul. I didn't think either penalties were fouls at all. It's definitely a luxury having very high quality highlights to watch back. Particularly at this level!

17 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Ashton and Backwell 1 Saltash United 3 Attendance 80.

Lovely ground and setting, bit of a weird slope into the 4 corners. 

First half we played them off the park and they admitted they could have been 0-5 down. As it was 2 goals for Reece Thomson which was all the difference. 

Second half they came out more fired up but a goal for Sam Hughes settled the nerves and killed the game off. Ref gave them a penalty which nobody in the ground could work out what for, so it ended 1-3.

Good result on the road, no injuries and onwards to play bottom team Bridport next Saturday at Kimberley.

Nice to see Reece Thompaon amongst the goals these last two weeks. A big fan of his, but it has been a difficult season for him to date  Think there will be a few more to come now!

1 hour ago, Both Sides of the Tamar said:

Nice to see Reece Thompaon amongst the goals these last two weeks. A big fan of his, but it has been a difficult season for him to date  Think there will be a few more to come now!

Indeed, also Sam Hughes hadn't scored for a while until yesterday, but both firing on cylinders will help matters. Every team will have a sticky patch, I think we're through ours now.

On 14/11/2021 at 10:45, Box 2 Box said:

Real statement by Mousehole and a fantastic result … like IIfracombe both clubs quietly going about their business with class 👍

Very tough place to go and get a result, well done to Mousehole. Bitton on the other hand, what has gone wrong up there? Brought a lot of players in over the summer, were clearly on a mission to get promoted into the Southern League. Many people's pre season tips for the title.

20 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Very tough place to go and get a result, well done to Mousehole. Bitton on the other hand, what has gone wrong up there? Brought a lot of players in over the summer, were clearly on a mission to get promoted into the Southern League. Many people's pre season tips for the title.

Bitton? Very ‘Bristol’ like side, big in defence and ‘stompy’. They tried very trick in the book at Kimberley in October and it backfired as the ref was having none of it and they had 3 sent off- including the manager. They’re not the best side we’ve played by any stretch. 

What I’m finding funny is amount of cramps these teams are having post 80 mins- nearly every game players go down. Nothing you can do but it breaks the flow every time and it’s not something you see in the SWPL. 

19 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Bitton? Very ‘Bristol’ like side, big in defence and ‘stompy’. They tried very trick in the book at Kimberley in October and it backfired as the ref was having none of it and they had 3 sent off- including the manager. They’re not the best side we’ve played by any stretch. 

Both of the manager’s assistants got yellows on Saturday

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Is that the two that have this week announced their departures?

Sorry - no idea. All I can tell you is that first one of them swore at the ref who booked him. The second then shouted “you’d better book me too then you [same swear word that the 1st assistant used]” and the ref kind of shrugged his shoulders and did so.

It was probably the only two minutes of the game that the Bitton manager himself wasn’t having a go at the officials (though presumably he was using language that the ref decided fell the right side of the line.

To be fair, Jake and his assistants were pretty vocal too - especially when Tallan Mitchell was taken out right in front of them and the assailant only got a yellow - but I didn’t hear any swearing and the ref seemed happy just to give them a long lecture. It was that kind of game.