Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - FA Vase & League - Saturday 25th Sept 2021

On 25/09/2021 at 12:29, Dave Deacon said:

7 days isn’t up yet and so how come you guys are so sure he’s leaving? No guarantee he will get a place with Falmouth, whereas I would imagine he’s the first pencilled in on a Newquay teamsheet at the moment. Local lad too and so big decision for him.

Big loss for Newquay, but understand why he is going to Falmouth. Team is top of the league, big crowds every week, it's exactly where you would want to be. As Steve Massey once said, you can always fit quality players into your side. If they're available, go and get them.

54 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Big loss for Newquay, but understand why he is going to Falmouth. Team is top of the league, big crowds every week, it's exactly where you would want to be. As Steve Massey once said, you can always fit quality players into your side. If they're available, go and get them.

I’m not so sure it is such a big loss. JBE is a great player but Newquay always set up around him and if he was off form they never played well. Now they will set up to their other very good players and it may actually make them a better team IMO. 

2 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

I’m not so sure it is such a big loss. JBE is a great player but Newquay always set up around him and if he was off form they never played well. Now they will set up to their other very good players and it may actually make them a better team IMO. 

Have to agree on this … not all he’s cracked up to be in my opinion but does have an incredible ability to be in the right position to grab a goal ! Falmouth like to pass the ball where as Jack just doesn’t like to pass much ! It will be interesting to see how he fits in.

Newquay look very good with or without him to be fair.

Top 6 team definately

Jack has been at Newquay from a early age and has always been loyal to them hes been brilliant this year and when hes not in the team Newquay are not the same and stuggle abit ,i know they won easy vs Wadebridge in the vase without him but Wadebridge had 7 players out including there whole defence ,But Newquay played well. NEWQUAY should waif the 7 day approach and let Jack play against Sticker on Wednesday hes been really loyal to N ewquay hes had chances to go to other clubs in the past and he wants to go and win trophies and play in the Western League against tougher opposition but the main reason is he wants to playin front of the F troop fans who are brilliant .So go on Newquay let the poor lad go to Falmouth on good terms then he may go easy  on you in about a months time at Bickland .I will miss watching him play but i think i will watch Ross Fallens and young ORLANDO fantastic players but Orlando seems to think he can beat th whole team on his own at times but what a exciting talent . Ok give Jack a gold watch pat him on his back say thank you for your loyal service and hope you do well .But knowing Newquay it will be  Off and dont come back here only joking NEWQUAY .I heard they are selling figures of Jack Bray Evans in th esouvenir stall this Wednesday but you got to use your own needles to stick in them . Ok the Jack Bray EVANS Era is over get ovrer it theres enough good players to take his place Alex Cole would be my choice .Ok see you all Wednesday when Wadebridge come town with a stronger team to give Newquay a harder game 

On 25/09/2021 at 22:05, Bobjfh said:

Haha, deserved - if you were there Foul Throw - any views on the game?

Torpoint AFC 6-1 Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police

Anyone could thought this would head the way of another double digit loss for Stoke Gabriel after last week's loss to Elburton. I'd say from the off I was impressed by the visitors application and drive over the pitch to win the ball back;  something I'm sure some of the Torpoint players weren't expecting. I was surprised to see them not tire earlier in the game. Whilst the visitors quality on the ball meant that their opportunities were limited, they did manage to defend in a manner that frustrated Torpoint at times coupled with the hosts inability to take their chances. On the day, a first half hat trick for Callum Thompson ensured victory and progression for Torpoint. Ryan Richards added a further 2 and would've had a hat trick himslef if not for a superb point blank save from Lewis Rider. Aaron Edwards, playing in a unfamiliar forward position scored the hosts second goal. With less than a minute to play, SG&TP scored through Jack Osborne. 

On 25/09/2021 at 22:05, Bobjfh said:

On 26/09/2021 at 14:57, TimmyRaa said:

Except for penalty taking. And at least saltash didn’t resort to bringing southern League ringers. If I was a permanent Bodmin player displaced for a ringer, I wouldn’t be happy. All Carter was playing for was the brown envelope.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha INELIGIBLE PLAYER......

30 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Who did Saltash bring in and play. That is pretty embarrassing all round on Saltash part. 

Think the young lad Wotton, although signed with Saltash as he is an apprentice at argyle and ‘on loan’ at Saltash shouldn’t have played in vase from what I have heard.

Strange really as other clubs can bring in southern league players to play in the vase for a one off game. 

But suppose rules are rules 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Who did Saltash bring in and play. That is pretty embarrassing all round on Saltash part. 

1 hour ago, Monsoon said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha INELIGIBLE PLAYER......

Well, as the admin is done by volunteers two words come to mind.   GROW UP.  

This will hurt Colin our secretary more than anything and whilst I’m due to take over from him next month when I’m home from Greece 🇬🇷 this is the 1st step wrong in nearly 20 years loyal service to SUFC and I hope he won’t be too chastised. 

Having been learning the role it’s a mine field of rules and expectations.  

13 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

This will hurt Colin our secretary more than anything and whilst I’m due to take over from him next month when I’m home from Greece 🇬🇷 this is the 1st step wrong in nearly 20 years loyal service to SUFC and I hope he won’t be too chastised. 

Wasn’t aimed at you or Colin in any way shape or form or Saltash as a club.Aimed at the forum user who saw fit to take the  when Bodmin went out on penalties.

1 hour ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Does seem a ridiculous rule if Bodmin were able to play players from various others teams who are not even members of the first team. but Saltash couldn’t  play 1 young player who actually signed on because of admin error