Bridgwater United  0-0             Bitton

Brislington              0-3             Keynsham Town

Buckland Athletic    6-1            Wellington

Ilfracombe Town     1-2             Tavistock

Millbrook                 0-2            Mousehole

Shepton Mallet       7-0            Bridport

WEDNESDAY

Clevedon Town       2-2              Cadbury Heath 

Helston Athletic      1-1             Saltash United                              

Street                      0-4            Exmouth Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Fixtures & Results for midweek - Tuesday & Wednesday 3rd & 4th August 2021

Helston 1_Saltash 1.

Helston scored a couple of minutes before half-time and then Saltash equalised early in the 2nd half. 

Fair result in the end I thought. Both teams looked much improved since I saw them last. Helston started the stronger but after about 20 mins it evened out. Quite a few niggling little fouls which kept the ref busy. Surprised that Billy Tucker didn't start as he has been Helston's most effective player over recent seasons. Thought I spotted a punch from Helston's captain Matty Bye 2nd half but may have been mistaken as the ref just dished out a yellow.

Quite impressed that Saltash had a strength and conditioning coach on the bench who was advising the subs on their warm-ups all game and also tending to the players who had been subbed. Also put the subs through a routine at half-time. May reduce injuries through the season if continued I would have thought. A good idea. 

Finally, most of the crowd who had parked in the overflow car park couldn't get away at the end as the circus finished at the same time, so hundreds of cars had to filter out through a single lane. Other than that, good evening out!

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Results for midweek - Tuesday & Wednesday 3rd & 4th August 2021

Agree with Town mans summing up, thought a draw was a fair result over the 90 minutes. Would have been a shame on the other team if someone had nicked it last ten minutes. Both teams move on to Saturday in the FA cup still unbeaten and with plenty of positives for Mass and Dane. Apart from both teams picking up a few injuries during the game which was physical and fully committed to say the least! Hope there’s nothing long term. Thought the officials were very good, quite a few niggling fouls but the ref was sensible and realised the magnitude of the game and kept it flowing when possible and kept his cards in his pocket until the hour mark.  It was probably not a classic with two very well drilled and fit teams cancelling each other out at times but it was enthralling none the less with loads of little mini battles going on all over the pitch for the superb crowd of 414 to enjoy. Thanks to Mark from Piran Films for asking me to summarise the game, the tower provides a great vantage point and its higher than it looks!! Great to work alongside commentator Tom Howe from the excellent Voice papers, nice to be alongside someone who’s as passionate as me and Deacs about all things Cornish football. Got to say Kellaway Park is looking fantastic these days, a real picture, really pleased for Paul and Mass, a chairman and manager who had a vision for the club a few years ago which has definitely now come to fruition, the fence surround looks superb and did its job a couple of times tonight as well!! As always great hospitality from Paul, what a superb clubman and guy to have around the place, he doesn’t stop! Enjoyed picking the MOM for the sponsors tonight. Difficult one, thought Archie Reay was superb first half, seemed like there was 2 of him on the pitch, popping up everywhere but by the end myself and Tom went for young Harrison Jewell. Looked solid at right back first half, getting forward with a couple of quality crosses as well and 2nd half he had to move into the centre after another great young talent Josh Storey had to leave the pitch. Wouldn’t normally go for a defender if I’m honest but he didn’t put a foot wrong all night and belied his young years. Must admit I’ve seen his dad put in a few performances like that over the years as a team mate and opponent! A chip off the old block as they say!! Great nights entertainment, there was even a firework display last 5 minutes from neighbouring Flambards!! A few fireworks on the pitch too towards the end but all ended well with a good hard earned point for both sides who I think will go on to have impressive seasons in the Western League 👍👏🏼️ Good luck to both clubs who I’m sure will do Cornwall proud 🟡

Agree with everyone’s comments- a cracking game both top Cornish sides doing the Duchy proud. Thanks to Helston for the warm welcome and the half-time refreshments- those sandwiches were to die for! 

To think the last I was that far West for a game was away at Wendron last February with Ashes. Remember the news coming on radio that a Positive COVID-19 had been found in York and thinking oh heck. Little did we know huh? 

Finally Kellaway is an excellent ground these days- bit of a change from my last visit back in 2002 for Combo game but well done to all concerned . 

Tight but absorbing game. Little to choose between the sides and clear cut chances at a premium. I've long predicted both clubs to do well in the TSWL and on the evidence of tonight that holds. It was good to see both sides trying to get the win in the last 15 minutes, but a draw a fair result.

Looking at the Piran Films video - great work and Tom Howe doing a good job on the commentary and always love Rappo's evident enthusiasm for all things Cornish football too.

From an Ashes perspective a draw without playing at their best at Helston, especially first half, is a very good one in my view.

Tidy set up at Kellaway Park .... just maybe need a bit of covered standing to finish the ground off.  Kudos to Helston for the £5.00 admission charge and the rationale behind it. Overall a great away day - a few pre-match pints in the sun at the Ship Inn Porthleven and then a hard fought game between two of Cornwall's best sides!

The tough games continue with an away trip to Millbrook in the FA Cup this Saturdayl

Interesting season in prospect, lots of sides capable of beating each other but in the main football is back, covid free at the moment and that is a mega feeling in itself!