Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v AFC Sudbury

I agree Jacob. We had so many chances in that game but I do wonder how many would have relished a midweek trip to Sudbury had Martin Watts scored with that free kick. I am amazed and delighted at the success of the current Truro City team and I really hope that they can make some more history tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

It will be a huge embarrassment if they don't win resoundingly. They are currently 2/11 in the betting against Sudburys 17/2 (5/1 draw). Maybe they should just play their reserves, oops sorry, they haven't got any!

Anything can happen in the FA cup. The best football memory I have is watching all Plymouth's matches when they reached the FA Cup semi-final in 1984. ?

10 hours ago, Piran said:

I agree Jacob. We had so many chances in that game but I do wonder how many would have relished a midweek trip to Sudbury had Martin Watts scored with that free kick. I am amazed and delighted at the success of the current Truro City team and I really hope that they can make some more history tomorrow.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to the game tomorrow. It'll be difficult, anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know football. But Truro won't get a better chance of making history in what I believe is the greatest club cup competition in the world.

1 hour ago, Mrgreen said:

Not sure what FISHING means, but thank-you for taking the time to reply.

I must read a different forum, because I see nothing but abuse and negativity towards current owners and management 

That’s a little harsh - fixtures and results posted, but I never see you remark on those much! 

3 hours ago, Mrgreen said:

Not sure what FISHING means, but thank-you for taking the time to reply.

I must read a different forum, because I see nothing but abuse and negativity towards current owners and management 

Dear Mrgreen, There are many online dictionaries which will give you several definitions of fishing, it's not difficult to work out which is the relevant one. It must be embarrassing to come on here and admit that you are unaware (although I must admit that I am occasionally driven to the urban dictionary by some of the more obscure/modern terminology used on here).

I do however see from the second sentence that you've Mastered some parts of the language!