Cornwall Football Forum

Players and Managers for next season

12 hours ago, teflon123 said:

Couple of good signings for Bodmin there.

Jake Ash a class act and have heard they have signed the keeper from Bideford from last season.

Gilbert apparently keen on the lad Zimmerman from Ivy to partner Ash at the back of the Bodmin defence.

You will be hard pushed to drag Zimmerman away from Ivybridge. 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Winners medals probably helped Dave :yahoo:

Admittedly one of the best keepers to have played in the county over recent years, but on one of those occasions I'm referring to, the trophy cabinet space for the winner remained empty alas! ⚽️?

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Winners medals probably helped Dave :yahoo:

Well leedsunited we can all "buy" the league. Chuck enough money at players and they will sign. When your beloved team have the "bottle" to go for promotion, then we will see how good they are.

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Bodmin sign 2 more players Karl Baker and Ben DAVIES and St Austell sign Defender Adam Kellow come on Newquay and the G Havnt heard of any signings of you pair 

I think Adam Kellow signing for Town could be the big difference this season between the top clubs a very strong and powerful player who will work his socks off at both ends of the pitch and also knows where the net is  .... Well done St Austell 

10 minutes ago, FlippoH said:

I think Adam Kellow signing for Town could be the big difference this season between the top clubs a very strong and powerful player who will work his socks off at both ends of the pitch and also knows where the net is  .... Well done St Austell 

Adam Kellow is a St Austell Rugby player. I think somebody is having you on. 

Bodmin sign 2 more players Karl Baker and Ben DAVIES and St Austell sign Defender Adam Kellow come on Newquay and the G Havnt heard of any signings of you pair Is Adam Kellow the same player that played for ST Blazey if so hes a real good player should be a good signing for St Austell they got to be 1 of the favs this year but i can see Bodmin not doing so well they have signed so many players it will be hard for them to gel as a team . I cant see anyone stopping the Plymouth Argyle team and them for the league for me and Parkway 2nd 

Bodmin sign 2 more players Karl Baker and Ben DAVIES and St Austell sign Defender Adam Kellow come on Newquay and the G Havnt heard of any signings of you pair Is Adam Kellow the same player that played for ST Blazey if so hes a real good player should be a good signing for St Austell they got to be 1 of the favs this year but i can see Bodmin not doing so well they have signed so many players it will be hard for them to gel as a team . I cant see anyone stopping the Plymouth Argyle team and them for the league for me and Parkway 2nd 

Read the previous mail 100%. 

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Stop going on about Plymouth Argyle winning the league.  Have you ever watched them ?

4 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Plymouth Argyle will have had a very good season if they finish in the top 4 but can't see them winning it. They would need a regular feed of their professionals to mount a title challenge which might be difficult considering the players they have let go already.

Tavistock, Bodmin and St Austell will more than likely make up the top 3, in which order I do not know (I'd like St Austell to win it mind).

I can't half wait for the season to begin! :thumbsup::c:

Turnip Ted yes i have seen Plymouth Argyle play been watching them for 54 years 1st game my old man took me to see was a reserve game with Spurs with Jimmy Greaves 1st game back in England from Italy got the paper team sheet autographed with his name on it i have over 1000 programs and over 100 photo albums with all Plymouth photos in them i stood behind the away dug out for over 40 years i havnt been in last couple of years its just so expensive .I would of predicted Tiverton in the top 3 but someone on here said its there 2nd team in this league if it was there 1st team with the LANDRICOMBE lads they would be challenging but my top 6 are 1st Plymouth Argyle 2 Parkway 3 St Austell 4 Bodmin 5 Tavistock 6 Godolphin .I think Newquay will struggle again but hope Andy can turn this great club around just over a week away now and my 1st game will be at St Blazey where Plymouth Argyle will be the Visitors should be a good game .

From the Penzance FC website. Ashley Ellis signed from St Just, Liam Andrew from Mousehole and Luke Hunter from ?. Sorry I don't know who Luke played for last season.

If I have missed anyone then I'm sure CTB or Denty will correct me. Early days but I am pleased with how our squad is looking for next season.

Tiverton Town & Plymouth Argyle will be fielding their reserve sides/trialists in the SWPL. Both will be tidy footballing sides but in my opinion will both be around mid-table as the players will not want to jepordise injury in the reserves (Swpl league) & harm their chances of playing in their respective first teams for the sake of grass roots football.

As for Adam Kellow, he will certainly be the quickest defender St.Austell will have, that is for sure!! (Sorry Whetts, truth hurts!)

Newquay again will struggle at the wrong end, along with St.Blazey & Callington. 

Dont think St Blazey will struggle Leeds they got too many good players with Cooper and Tornado in there team top 10 for them this year ,also the Plymouth reserves are good they could have Rooney and Harvey playing at some times in the season it will be a interesting season it will be strange not seeing the words another hat trick for Rocky he will still score goals for Truro but not the amount he got for Bodmin .

Dont think St Blazey will struggle Leeds they got too many good players with Cooper and Tornado in there team top 10 for them this year ,also the Plymouth reserves are good they could have Rooney and Harvey playing at some times in the season it will be a interesting season it will be strange not seeing the words another hat trick for Rocky he will still score goals for Truro but not the amount he got for Bodmin .

Rocky will always get goals, what he achieved last season was remarkable. Hope the lad makes it all the way to the football league. Am i missing something about Cooper or Tornado, one has had more clubs than Ernie Els & the other is like a tap, either hot or cold Toranado was joining Tavistock last week reports from a Tavistock player anyway on £75 a week. Must have money to burn!

It seems as though we are talking about the same clubs signing players and other clubs not being active at all.  I've heard no rumours from The "G", Ivybridge, Torpoint, St Blazey etc etc.  Apart from The "G" I see these clubs could be in for a long season. 

On 27 June 2016 at 21:19, leedsunited said:

Rocky will always get goals, what he achieved last season was remarkable. Hope the lad makes it all the way to the football league. Am i missing something about Cooper or Tornado, one has had more clubs than Ernie Els & the other is like a tap, either hot or cold Toranado was joining Tavistock last week reports from a Tavistock player anyway on £75 a week. Must have money to burn!

I watch a lot of games last season and for all his plus points Tornado does have lots of games where he is ineffective, clubs at the top of the league would not accept that. 

20 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Turnip Ted yes i have seen Plymouth Argyle play been watching them for 54 years 1st game my old man took me to see was a reserve game with Spurs with Jimmy Greaves 1st game back in England from Italy got the paper team sheet autographed with his name on it i have over 1000 programs and over 100 photo albums with all Plymouth photos in them i stood behind the away dug out for over 40 years i havnt been in last couple of years its just so expensive .I would of predicted Tiverton in the top 3 but someone on here said its there 2nd team in this league if it was there 1st team with the LANDRICOMBE lads they would be challenging but my top 6 are 1st Plymouth Argyle 2 Parkway 3 St Austell 4 Bodmin 5 Tavistock 6 Godolphin .I think Newquay will struggle again but hope Andy can turn this great club around just over a week away now and my 1st game will be at St Blazey where Plymouth Argyle will be the Visitors should be a good game .

I meant the second team that are now in this league.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 13:43, TheyThinkItsAllOver said:

Has anybody left ? had a few good players there last season...

I can confirm that only two players have left, Tyler Tonkin who is going to America on a scholarship and everyone at the club wishes him the best of luck, he will remain registered with us and Jamie Burr has gone to Porthleven.  We thank Jamie for his service to Penzance last season and wish him all the best for the future. We are pleased that all the other players have decided to remain at the club and with the additions we have made. Oh and Magpie 291 Luke Hunter has joined us from Porthleven

On 27/06/2016 at 21:19, leedsunited said:

In relation to Tornado going to Tavistock,  I find this surprising as on their Twitter feed they have announced their squad and he is not named.... I have heard Callington is a more likely destination for him... 

CONFIRMED TRANSFERS SO FAR, TAKEN FROM THE SWPL WEBSITE:

001 Jordan Dingle From : Bodmin Town To : St Austell
002 Dominic Angove From : Mousehole To : Penzance
003 James Wignell From : Porthleven To : Penzance
004 Alex Greening From : Exmouth Town To : Cullompton Rangers
005 Tom Chambers From : Bodmin Town To : St Austell
006 Mark Goldsworthy From : Helston Athletic To : St Austell
007 George Roberts From : Wadebridge Town To : St Austell
008 Alex Ahearn From : Newquay To : Wadebridge Town
009 Sam Gerken From : Newquay To : Wadebridge Town
010 Neal Kinsman From : Newquay To : Wadebridge Town
011 James McNary From : Camelford To : Wadebridge Town
012 Thomas Vercoe From : Newquay To : Wadebridge Town
013 Sam Davey From : Launceston To : Plymouth Parkway
014 Chris Head From : Launceston To : Plymouth Parkway
015 Mason Hughes From : Launceston To : Plymouth Parkway
016 Christian Pople From : St Austell To : Plymouth Parkway
017 Tyler Elliott From : Launceston To : Plymouth Parkway
018 Jordan Charran From : Witheridge To : Exmouth Town
019 Mike Humphreys From : Witheridge To : Exmouth Town
020 Kieran Parkin From : Liverton United To : Brixham
021 Josh Harris From : Plymstock United To : Wadebridge Town
022 James Baker From : Bovey Tracey To : Wadebridge Town
023 Josh Grant From : St Austell To : Plymouth Parkway
024 Joseph Bushin From : Exmouth Town To : Bovey Tracey
025 Jack Alexander From : Ivybridge Town To : Launceston
026 Ruben Kane From : Plymouth Parkway To : Launceston
027 Daniel Jones From : Tiverton Town To : Exwick Villa
028 Joe Thompson From : Stoke Gabriel To : Totnes & Dartington
029 Michael Arscott From : Callington Town To : Wadebridge Town
030 Richard Graves From : Launceston To : Wadebridge Town
031 Aiden Mackin From : Liverton United To : Stoke Gabriel
032 Nick Milton From : Liverton United To : Stoke Gabriel
033 Jordan Annear From : Newquay To : Falmouth Town
034 Tom Annear From : Newquay To : Falmouth Town
035 Benjamin Williams From : St Austell To : Falmouth Town
036 Robbie Bowker From : Stoke Gabriel To : Bodmin Town
037 Jason Peters From : St Austell To : Newquay
038 Matthew Laithwaite From : St Dennis To : Mousehole
039 Sam Hill From : Callington Town To : Launceston
040 Luke Avis-Riordan From : Callington Town To : Saltash United
041 David Barker From : Callington Town To : Saltash United
042 Ryan Rickard From : Elburton Villa To : Saltash United
043 Ryan Richards From : Plymouth Parkway To : Saltash United
044 Jamie Burr From : Penzance To : Porthleven
045 Matthew Fox From : Helston Athletic To : Porthleven
046 Fraser Paterson From : Helston Athletic To : Porthleven
047 Liam Ames From : St Dennis To : Wadebridge Town
048 Kyle Friendship From : St Dennis To : Wadebridge Town
049 Connor Mewton From : Camelford To : Wadebridge Town

THESE ARE ADDITIONAL TRANSFERS THAT WERE EMAILED/FAXED IN JUNE. TAKEN FROM SWPL WEBSITE

Lee Bevan – From Bodmin Town To Torpoint Athletic

Scott Corderoy – From Bodmin Town To Stoke Gabriel

Karl Baker – From Galmpton United To Bodmin Town

Lee Doel – From Ivybridge Town To Bodmin Town

Dan Sullivan – From Plymouth Parkway To Bodmin Town

Liam Andrew – From Mousehole To Penzance

Zach Wheeler – From Elburton Villa To Tavistock

Lewis Pacey – From Tavistock To Torpoint Athletic

Bryan Scoffin – From Illogan RBL To Wendron United

Jack Taylor – From Liverton United To Stoke Gabriel

Robbie Almond – From Plymstock United To Elburton Villa

Jack Dixon – From Millbrook To Elburton Villa

Shaun Corben – From Dobwalls To Elburton Villa

Lee James – From Dobwalls To Elburton Villa

Gary Menzies – From Dobwalls To Elburton Villa

Big bad Fox, think a few of the Wadebridge youngsters from last season are moving up to the Premier. 18 year old Left back and player of the season George Roberts has gone to St.Austell. Going to be a top player. Heard talented 17 year olds Jack Rapsey who was first team top goalscorer last season and young player of the year Ryan Jones are off to Newquay?  19 year old winger Adam Patterson going to Port apparently. Heard more Div West rumours like you do but think these are fairly concrete? Great mix of experience and youth again at Sticker with Gary Wheilden on board to assist Avers this season. Mousehole and St.Dennis look strong again so should be another good season in the West Div.

Was sitting in the waiting room at Treliske hospital today and got talking to a lovely bloke about football and he had heard that Truro are hoping to sign the 2 Harvey boys Tyler and Corey and Isaac Vassel is going to Weymouth he also said that Helston where signing Tim Nixon to replace there goalscorer Mark Goldsworthy who has joined to St Austell . I hope Newquay sign some players and do get Jack Rapsey if hes as good a player as his old man was when i saw him many a time at Mt Wise he was 1 hell of a goalsorer and i expect he is now for the veterans i do hope Newquay do well but it doesnt look like that even there new manager McKellar says it will be a struggle hope hes wrong but i really hope Godolphin do well again